Honor of the Hunt (Yautja vs WebHead)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MelmothTD
Hello dedicated readers. I've returned with yet another battle to rouse your capable minds and to promote friendly debate and banter (which is probably somewhat of an ideal goal more than a practical one considering some of the other charged arguments out there; ah well, that's what us comic book fans do!). Unfortunately, in my return, I've failed to live up to a statement that I made in one of my less recent posts. It asserted that the post following the one that contained it would feature a battle with the Big Blue Boy Scout. Alas, I couldn't think of a worthy challenger to Superman off the spot so I, in his stead, used another mainstream comic book hero of almost equal popularity: Web-Head.

On the other side of the ring is one of the ugliest faces in both the cinematic and comic book world: the Yautja, more colloquially known as the Predator.

As I watched AVP and consequently indulged in some of the comics based on the same theme, my Marvel/DC mind started to impose itself onto my reading. Thus, I began asking random match-up questions. How would the Predator fare against the Green Lantern? Would he be qually whipped by Collossus? Who can I pinpoint in the DC/Marvel world as a suitable, but not ridiculously overpowered, opponent to the Yautja? Then Spiderman hit me as an answer.

I believe that their matched-up pretty fairly. The Yautja have incredible strength due to their extraterrestrial origin and Spiderman has strength roughly equal to or above theirs because of his arachnid DNA. Yautja, despite their height, are very quick and agile as is Spidey. They're trained warriors; Spiderman is too though to a much lesser degree. He has his Spider sense to compensate though.

To add a little flavor to this fight, I'll provide two variants of Spiderman.

1.) Yautja vs. Spiderman Pre-Totem (i.e. before Romita and Straczynski)

2.) Yautja vs. Spiderman Post-Totem (i.e. after "The Other" and Eziekiel)

lilnutta12
What the f**k?

lilnutta12
my name is lilnutta but this is rediculous

Jyppe
Me and this another guy had HUUUGE debate about who would win in the Predator gauntlet 2 thread. Well, first I thought Predator could take him 7/10, but he showed me lots of stuff about Spidey's speed and reflexes/precog sense.

Spidey is just too fast and has major advantage; his spider sense. Spider-man takes this 7/10 or 6/10.

I'm not going to restart this debate so if you want to know why I'm going with Spidey, check the Gauntlet thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.