Movie Thing vs Movie Collosus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

complexbrother
http://www.starstore.com/acatalog/FF4-Thing-roto.jpg

vs

http://www.hotflick.net/flicks/2003_X2/003XMN_Daniel_Cudmore_001.jpg

H. S. 6
I'd hardly say there are enough feats to compare. erm

Whittdawg92
according to feats in the movie, Thing would whale on collosus. The one in the movie's still a teen i believe.

lilnutta12
COLOSSUS IS DEAD

Whittdawg92
NO HE'S NOT

IronDave
Colossus really didn't have enough feats in the movie to be used in a fight. The only thing they showed was him throwing wolverine, some sort of missle not affecting him, and punching some guy. His powers were never really tested to their limit, so there can be no reasonable arguing for or against him.

Given that I would say that Colossus wins b/c I like him better stick out tongue

braz
Colossus.

Whittdawg92
despite anything grimm22 says, collosus vs. thing is a cool fight.

Soljer
Originally posted by Whittdawg92

No it isn't...

I mean, in theory, it's cool. But by the comics, Colossus is just MUCH stronger, MUCH more durable, and even a bit faster than Ben. Believe it or not, I recall that Colossus gets a moderate speed boost when transformed.

By the movies, as others said, there is not enough to compare. Assuming what we saw was their maximum....then the Thing wins. Otherwise, who knows?

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Soljer
No it isn't...

I mean, in theory, it's cool. But by the comics, Colossus is just MUCH stronger, MUCH more durable, and even a bit faster than Ben. Believe it or not, I recall that Colossus gets a moderate speed boost when transformed.

By the movies, as others said, there is not enough to compare. Assuming what we saw was their maximum....then the Thing wins. Otherwise, who knows?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

"I mean, in theory, it's cool. But by the comics, Colossus is just MUCH stronger, MUCH more durable, and even a bit faster than Ben. Believe it or not, I recall that Colossus gets a moderate speed boost when transformed."

Nothing you said in that paragraph is even remotely true...
The THING has Collossus beaten in every catagory.

wink

pr1983
Originally posted by Tony Stark
roll eyes (sarcastic)

"I mean, in theory, it's cool. But by the comics, Colossus is just MUCH stronger, MUCH more durable, and even a bit faster than Ben. Believe it or not, I recall that Colossus gets a moderate speed boost when transformed."

wink

It is true, at least the strength and durability part (it might not be much of a gap but it is there)...

and colossus doesnt get a speed boost, but he retains all his speed and agility that he has in human form...

tho i am referring to the comics...

Tony Stark
Originally posted by pr1983
It is true, at least the strength and durability part (it might not be much of a gap but it is there)...

and colossus doesnt get a speed boost, but he retains all his speed and agility that he has in human form...

tho i am referring to the comics...

What has Colossus done that says that he's above Ben in Strength...?

And durability is a multidimensional word to me it means how much damage can they take per their hide or or their forcefield and most importantly IMO what they are capable or are willing to take personally as far as their level of a pain thresh hold.

So that being said I've never seen Colossus show to have superior strength to Ben... And I most definitely have never seen Colossus's durability to be anywhere near Ben's either.

Ben wins 8/10

Broly92
roll eyes (sarcastic)

wink
Thing is a poor mans Collosus no expression

Grimm22
Originally posted by Broly92

Yet Thing came out around 10 years before Colossus and has a much larger fan base no expression

Jack Kirby pwns Colossus wink

Thing = Jack Kirby, ***** smokin'

Grimm22

Pray that we never meet in real life chair

pr1983
What has Colossus done that says that he's above Ben in Strength...?

And durability is a multidimensional word to me it means how much damage can they take per their hide or or their forcefield and most importantly IMO what they are capable or are willing to take personally as far as their level of a pain thresh hold.

So that being said I've never seen Colossus show to have superior strength to Ben... And I most definitely have never seen Colossus's durability to be anywhere near Ben's either.

Ben wins 8/10

So you didnt see him take a full on blast from a sentinel and barely flinch? Or take down Ord (an alien who had just taken down all the astonishing x-men by himself) single handedly, or break through the danger room's defences, defences of shiar design?

Or before his upgrade he: went toe to toe with gladiator, juggernaut and sasquatch, acquitting himself incredibly well in nearly every match?

Grimm22

I never said it wasnt

I like 616 Colossus

He's a great character wink

I just hate how people think of Ben as a second rate compared to colossus because thats bullcrap no expression

pr1983
Originally posted by Grimm22
Yet Thing came out around 10 years before Colossus and has a much larger fan base no expression

Thing is also in a comic with FOUR characters, colossus has been dead for ten years, not to mention the rotation in place within the x-men... he's had barely half the exposure ben's had, yet he's still done some pretty impressive stuff...

Broly92
Pray that we never meet in real life chair
You should pray that as well death sniper

Grimm22
So you didnt see him take a full on blast from a sentinel and barely flinch? Or take down Ord (an alien who had just taken down all the astonishing x-men by himself) single handedly, or break through the danger room's defences, defences of shiar design?

Or before his upgrade he: went toe to toe with gladiator, juggernaut and sasquatch, acquitting himself incredibly well in nearly every match?

Colossus fighting Gladiator = Crap no expression

Seriously Gladiator at full confidence pwned the FF, of course he thought they were skrulls though erm

So to think that Colossus could take Gladiator at the power level is ridiculous

pr1983
I never said it wasnt

I like 616 Colossus

He's a great character wink

I just hate how people think of Ben as a second rate compared to colossus because thats bullcrap no expression

Thinking Colossus would beat ben is not the same as thinking Ben is second rate...

I actually like Thing... erm

Broly92

Just because a poor man got something cheaper than a normal one first doesn't make it better smart

Grimm22
Thing is also in a comic with FOUR characters, colossus has been dead for ten years, not to mention the rotation in place within the x-men... he's had barely half the exposure ben's had, yet he's still done some pretty impressive stuff...

Im not arguing that, im just sick of people like Broly saying he's a poor man's colossus because in all sense of the word, that is complete bullshit

Grimm22
Just because a poor man got something cheaper than a normal one first doesn't make it better smart

You just made yourself a powerful enemy buster miffed

Seriously im so sick and tired of the Thing hating on these forums and you sir are by far the worst

Broly92
Im not arguing that, im just sick of people like Broly saying he's a poor man's colossus because in all sense of the word, that is complete bullshit
I said that once sorry just hate when you disrespect Colossus and don't act like you don't

pr1983
Colossus fighting Gladiator = Crap no expression

Seriously Gladiator at full confidence pwned the FF, of course he thought they were skrulls though erm

So to think that Colossus could take Gladiator at the power level is ridiculous

i didnt say he could take him at all... but he gave gladiator a fight at the very least... not bad for an 18 year old who at the time was only a class 70...

i think he was just teasing to be fair...

Broly92
You just made yourself a powerful enemy buster miffed

Seriously im so sick and tired of the Thing hating on these forums and you sir are by far the worst
Dude! Ben is awesome I like him more than Thor and Iron Man

Grimm22
I said that once sorry just hate when you disrespect Colossus and don't act like you don't

I dont disrespect Colossus no expression

616 Colossus is awesome

Ult. Colossus is crap, not because of his strength, but because I hate his character

I have never said that Colossus is a second rate Thing or anything like that

I have never said that Thing would demolish Colossus, I say that he would win by a small margin

So yeah

Grimm22
Dude! Ben is awesome I like him more than Thor and Iron Man

Then stop calling him a second rate Colossus! mad

H. S. 6
I always thought of Ben and Colossus as equals. smile

Grimm22
i didnt say he could take him at all... but he gave gladiator a fight at the very least... not bad for an 18 year old who at the time was only a class 70...

i think he was just teasing to be fair...

True. Still though, all the times he has fought Gladiator its obvious that he wasnt at full strength (Ex: In DP saga, Gladiator didnt want to fight the X-men, but he had to)

And yes, I was very ticked off but now im ok so whatever

Grimm22
Originally posted by H. S. 6
I always thought of Ben and Colossus as equals. smile

good.

End of discussion

Whittdawg92
O_O, omg, Ben actually agreeing that the x-men are somewhat good? *heart attack at 14 yrs old*

Broly92
Sorry Grimm22

H. S. 6
good.

End of discussion

Glad to be of service.

*goes back to Wolverine vs. Wondergirl thread* ninja

Grimm22
Sorry Grimm22

Whatever, just dont start crap like that again stick out tongue

pr1983
True. Still though, all the times he has fought Gladiator its obvious that he wasnt at full strength (Ex: In DP saga, Gladiator didnt want to fight the X-men, but he had to)

And yes, I was very ticked off but now im ok so whatever

ok lol... you know, you guys should find the original thread of this fight, i was lucky enough to take part in it back in the day... its worth a read if colossus fighting thing interests you...

Grimm22
Ok, back to topic

This thread is stupid, because you cannot judge a character that was in a movie for litterly 5 seconds and had litterly 2 lines

to a crappy movie like F4 stick out tongue

DickBlazer
movie Thing wins, easily i would think. movie Colossus did nothing, he had to spin just to throw Wolverine. he did nothing anywhere near what the comic character is capable of. Thing did some cool stuff in the movie. rolled up a car. ripped the fire hydrant like paper. stopped the big rig dead in it's tracks. seamed much more powerful in the movies than Colossus.

Whittdawg92
cuz movie collosus was still a teen, but no one listens to me, so w/e.

Grimm22
cuz movie collosus was still a teen, but no one listens to me, so w/e.

Movie Colossus said 2 things...

How can a fight be made on that...?!?!

Whittdawg92
it can't, collosus never did anything, although it was slightly cool how rogue took some of his power and he didn't even slightly faint.

Grimm22
it can't, collosus never did anything, although it was slightly cool how rogue took some of his power and he didn't even slightly faint.

Brett Ratner probobly wanted to make Colossus replace Prof. X or somthing stupid like that stick out tongue

Whittdawg92
random, thing looks really ugly in shirts.

Darth Martin
Teen Colossus=70 ton range.

Thing(at first)=5 ton range.

Thing wins he had way more feats like DickBlazer pointed oput and he tussled with Doom.

Whittdawg92
Thing would get uber-stomped if they were both first appearances, but this is movie versions.

complexbrother
bumpipedy bump bump

Tony Stark
Movie/Comic THING stomps Movie/Comic Colossus... I know it hurts all the x-boys and girls but it is true.

The Movie THING pressed The Eye of London over his head (2100+ tons empty no passengers) Sue stopped it from falling over and Ben pressed it. Movie Colossus has truly done nothing to speak of.

The Gladiator ran through The FF like nobodies business, while Colossus was shown to hang with him for a minute... (clearly Colossus has naked pictures of that writer to make him show Colossus in such a light). Do you truly think that Colossus would be a real threat to The FF if it was Colossus instead of Gladiator attacking them in FF #249?

I think not.

no

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.