Firefox Help

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

silver_tears
I'm having issues with my firefox browser.

It started yesterday, it kept saying firefox has to close, send error report, so I did, and it said that they advise me to get firefox 1.5, which I did this morning, and now it doesn't say firefox has to close, but there are several other problems.

Such as you can see in the picture, the address bar and search function are distorted. There's a random tab in the address bar, and more importantly the scroll bar is missing on every single page, making it only possible to use with a mouse to scroll, and I'm on a laptop so it's a nuisance using the mouse when I have a touchpad.

I've tried unistalling and then re-installing it multiple times and still no better. What could the problem possibly be, and how can I fix it?

Could it be the fact that it's a different version and I just need the older one?
I hate IE and want my firefox back.

El_NINO
1) Uninstall Firefox and delete the folder in Program Files.

2) Dont get that theme and make sure you havent installed a toolbar.

3) Do a virus scan and spyware scan.

4) Reboot your PC

silver_tears
You are brilliant.
The new version doesn't support the theme I had going. I reset it back to the original firefox theme and all is well once again.
Much appreciated.

And I'll have you know my laptop scans itself every night at 3 am for viruses and such so that's never a problem. happy

El_NINO
Cool

Your welcome big grin

silver_tears
Here's another question what could be the reason it keeps having to close?
It keeps doing it, mostly on sites such as myspace, but occasionally on others as well.
Even after the update it's still problematic.

El_NINO
not everything is Firefox compatible, some sites you need to use Internet Explorer.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by El_NINO
not everything is Firefox compatible, some sites you need to use Internet Explorer.

MySpace lets you use Firefox though...

I had this same problem Irene, but only when I was using a BETA build of the browser. erm

El_NINO
Originally posted by LanceWindu
MySpace lets you use Firefox though...

I had this same problem Irene, but only when I was using a BETA build of the browser. erm

I wouldnt know about myspace but some sites dont work with firefox thats all.

silver_tears
I've never had the problem before, it's mostly when browsing the music sections of myspace, it's very curious hmm

Mišt
Originally posted by silver_tears
I'm having issues with my firefox browser.

It started yesterday, it kept saying firefox has to close, send error report, so I did, and it said that they advise me to get firefox 1.5, which I did this morning, and now it doesn't say firefox has to close, but there are several other problems.

Such as you can see in the picture, the address bar and search function are distorted. There's a random tab in the address bar, and more importantly the scroll bar is missing on every single page, making it only possible to use with a mouse to scroll, and I'm on a laptop so it's a nuisance using the mouse when I have a touchpad.

I've tried unistalling and then re-installing it multiple times and still no better. What could the problem possibly be, and how can I fix it?

Could it be the fact that it's a different version and I just need the older one?
I hate IE and want my firefox back.
laughing out loud You clicked 'send error report'

Originally posted by silver_tears
Here's another question what could be the reason it keeps having to close?
It keeps doing it, mostly on sites such as myspace, but occasionally on others as well.
Even after the update it's still problematic.

laughing out loud You browse myspaceOriginally posted by silver_tears
I've never had the problem before, it's mostly when browsing the music sections of myspace, it's very curious hmm

laughing out loud........wait that one wasnt even funnyermm

Its God's way of telling you to stay away from myspaceermm

Or....you fail at the internetermm

TOH

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.