Caring what others think.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KharmaDog
More than one person on this forum has proclaimed that they don't care what others think about them.

I believe that to be complete bullsh*t.

As social beings we can't help to care how we are percieved by others. Some may fret about it more than others, some may go out of their way to change the perception of themselves by others and some may care about it somewhat less then others but I believe, that to a degree, it is only human to care how others perceive you.

In fact, I believe that those who proclaim loudest that they don't care how other's percieve them, in fact, are those that care the most and desire the greatest levels of acceptance.

Anyone care to agree, disagree or comment?

Deano
i believe this is aimed at me.

i dont care what they think of me. i meant that if you choose to insult me, then i dont care. meaning its not gonna effect me. you think im an *******?....i dont care. shud i get angry? people are different

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Deano

Get a grip you paranoid child. Though your comments prompted me to make this thread, it is in no way directed at you. It is an observation made while on KMC and in life in general. You were not the first person to say those words nor will you be the last.

My interest is in the phenomena where people believe they can totally disassociate themselves from a society while being a being that is societal by our very nature.

i dont care what they think of me. i meant that if you choose to insult me, then i dont care. meaning its not gonna effect me.

Everything that people do towards you affects you in one way or another. Whether it strengthens your resolve, weakens it or makes you question your beliefs about an issue or yourself or affirms such things.

Deano

D-Double
Originally posted by KharmaDog

Everything that people do towards you affects you in one way or another. Whether it strengthens your resolve, weakens it or makes you question your beliefs about an issue or yourself or affirms such things.

This applies to me, yes. But I think there are people out there that actually just don't give a f*ck. We call them "a$$holes". Their world is completely consumed by self-importants. And I believe most of them will be that way until they die. One characteristic of a real, genuine a$$hole is they don't let anything from outside their space sink in.

this is what i mean when expressing yourself and not being frightened of what other people think.

I understand where you're coming from and I think there's a difference between being frightened of what other people think and caring about what others think.

If a person doesn't like me (frankly) they can kiss my ass. I'm not going to let that opinion stop me from being me. But for some reason, I do care. I wonder why. I get a lil sad, but I get over it quickly.

... unless the person that has a poor opinion of me is a real a$$hole. Then they can just pucker up. I guess it really depends on who it's coming from.

Emperor Ashtar
I don't give a **** what anybodsy thinks of me, if you can't get a grip on that kharma dog than that's your problem not anyone else's.

Quiero Mota
This reminds me of Marcia Clark. Remeber during the OJ SImpson trial how all those shows on E! and vh-1 kept dissing her hairstyle, and then the prosecutor of the OJ Trial changed her hair to some ugly perm? She apparently gave a shit...

D-Double
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
This reminds me of Marcia Clark. Remeber during the OJ SImpson trial how all those shows on E! and vh-1 kept dissing her hairstyle, and then the prosecutor of the OJ Trial changed her hair to some ugly perm? She apparently gave a shit...

big grin ... yeah, that's caring too much.
I mean, the hairstyle was frigg'n freaky but If she liked it, she should rock it. shrugrin

MyOwnMuse
Some beautifully hostile replies you've generated with this post, Kharma.

I do agree to an extent. It's very hard to lump everybody into any sort of behavioral category(i.e., "everyone who does _____ does it because of ____"wink but there are definitely trends.

But when people say that they don't care what anyone thinks of them, I don't think that's true. I believe most everyone cares what someone thinks of them, whether it be friends, a significant other, family, schoolmates, coworkers or any combination of these.

Caring what others thinks about us is a reflection of what and how we think about others. This is probably a bit bold on my part, but anyone who makes the claim that they don't care what anyone else thinks is probably a reflection of anger; anger that comes from a lack of caring relationships.

Soleran
In fact, I believe that those who proclaim loudest that they don't care how other's percieve them, in fact, are those that care the most and desire the greatest levels of acceptance.

I've got 5 bucks, I'll buy that.

BackFire
I care what the people who I love and care about think of me. I want acceptance from my family and friends.

That's where it ends. What Johnny Stranger thinks about me while I'm walking down the street, I don't care.

Deano
but sometimes familys dont respect who you are though. people strive to make there love dones feel proud. thats not a bad thing of course but its not overly important to do so.

parents can be expert in making you feel guilty and bad because you dont do what they say or desire. If parents cant respect their children's right to freedom of belief then forget em, I say. they concede their right to be taken seriously.

tabby999
i agree with backfire, i do care what some people think, but when it comes to someone who i've never met and who's opinion has no baring on my life, i dont care. its all down to who the other people are really. you HAVE to care what some peopoe think, otherwise your being selfish.

Emperor Ashtar
I failed to elaborate correctly on my first post, Generally I don't really care what iothers think about me. I just don't pay attention to opinions regarding, but I do care about others well being in general and place thier priorities before mine.people's opinions surrounding me are just mere distraction IMO.

Capt_Fantastic
More than one person on this forum has proclaimed that they don't care what others think about them.

As social beings we can't help to care how we are percieved by others. Some may fret about it more than others, some may go out of their way to change the perception of themselves by others and some may care about it somewhat less then others but I believe, that to a degree, it is only human to care how others perceive you.

There is a difference between not caring what someone thinks and allowing someone to disrespect you or who you are without making some sort of retort. It's not too different than believing someone has an ignorant opinion and telling them as much.

KharmaDog

MyOwnMuse

What can I say, there are some truly beautiful people on this board.
smile

crazylozer
I care mildly what people think about me, but I enjoy manipulating their patters of reactions to get a result I find amusing...is that bad?

JimMorrison227
If I know the person, yes I care what they think of me. It can be both positive and negative. If I am told I am amazing in bed, I would care, because then it supports what I always believed and it would make me feel amazing. If I am told I am terrible, I would get insecure and resort to help via websites, friends, profesionals. If It works for many situations.

If a stranger on the other hand, comes up to me, and calls me gorgeous and handsome, or hidious and disgusting, either way it effects me in no way, because I won't have anything to prove to them, because I'll probably never see them again.

Imaginary

Everyone seems to think that admitting you care what others think is a crime, it's not, especially when it's bull anyway.

Capt_Fantastic
I agree, I believe that there is a big difference in not caring what a certain individual thinks about you as opposed to people or society in general. There are many people whose opinons I have litttle respect for and care not of their opinons of me, however I don't think that anyone can approach the rest of humanity (with any self honesty) maintaining that approach.

To add to my point however, I couldn't care less what a particular person thinks. There are people like Whob and Sithsabre who have a tangible difference in opinion as to how I lead my life. But, I couldn't care less what they think, personally. It has less to do with what they think and more to do with what they say in front of others that leads me to interact with them as I do.

As for maintaining my approach, it's served me pretty well over the last few years. It's never people who know me and have a differing opinion based on a face to face interaction with which I have a problem. It's only people from teh back seat of a moving car or on an internet forum that have the balls to condemn me. People loose their resolve when standing toe to toe with another human being.

But, all that being said, I still buy certain clothes and have product in my hair when I leave the house.

Bicnarok

botankus

Agree. People like to throw that little tidbit out there as a little protective net before they go into their rant.

Alpha Centauri

I don't disagree that a lot of people who say it probably don't mean it, but I disagree that anyone who says it is talking bullshit. I generally do not care what people think of me, because I generally do not give a shit about people.

Even right down to family and friends. Sure, I'll listen to what they are saying closer than I would a random human, but ultimately other people's opinions of me don't matter to me. I don't need praise to keep me going, nor does critique slow me down.

There may be times in life where humans have to act a certain way to apply to a certain situation, but that doesn't equate to caring what people think of you. E.g: You act civilly in a meeting with co-workers you don't particularly like, because doing otherwise would get you fired. That's not necessarily caring what others think. You aren't doing it to make them like you, you're holding back to benefit yourself. If you went into the room with them and purposefully acted in a way that would result in them liking you, with that being the goal, then that would be caring what others thought.

Personally I dislike it when people say "Bullshit, you do care, everyone does.". It reminds me of that patronising parental comment/convo:

Person: I'm never having kids. I know that for a fact, I truly do not want them.
Parent: Nah, you're saying that cos you're young. When you get older it'll change, it changes for everyone.

I don't particularly agree with that whole "I want acceptance from my family" either. I love my family, which is exactly why I'd be disgusted if they didn't accept me for who I am and what I am. I'd never change to suit them, because I shouldn't have to. My parents have openly expressed dislike for things I've done or ways I've acted, it doesn't bother me. The reason being that I don't do things unless I believe I should do them, or say them unless I want to say them.

It's never a question of "Should I be saying/doing this?", because by that time I've decided that I want to. I always go by the rule, you're only undecided if you've not made a decision. Once you do something, you've done it for a reason and shouldn't care what anyone else thinks.

-AC

DarkC

Agreed.

For example here on KMC, Kai Lein even went so far as to make a YouTube video of himself smoking and telling us he doesn't give a shit about what we think about him. Needless to say, he got banned. Pathetic thing was, he kept making socks, wanting to be accepted back into the fold.

As for me, I do "give a shit" about what people think about me. But that's only for people I respect.

Saying something like that is more of a last resort to save face, really.

botankus
I only care what two people in this world think of me:

My momma
Debbiejo

...The rest can go to hell!

Bardock42
Originally posted by botankus

My momma
Debbiejo

...The rest can go to hell!

Woah, hold it there, nigga. What about the Bardster?

botankus
I respect your opinion Bardock, and to show my appreciation, I'd like to group you and Osaka in the same category of importance in my life. I'm proud of the both of ya.

Bardock42
I respect your opinion Bardock, and to show my appreciation, I'd like to group you and Osaka in the same category of importance in my life. I'm proud of the both of ya.

I will go and kill myself now.

botankus
I'd prefer if the two of you took her inner tube out to sea and popped it in shark-infested waters.

Bardock42
I'd prefer if the two of you took her inner tube out to sea and popped it in shark-infested waters.

But, but....oh....

Soleran

Typical American response just attack Osaka for her views. Besides shark infested doesn't mean attacks are going to happen, lets not play the odds here, chum while tubbing as well in shark infested waters.

botankus
In that case, Sol, I'd prefer if you were dipped in the following vats in this order: Butter, Flour, Red Meat, Leopard Cage.

Good morning everyone!

Bardock42
In that case, Sol, I'd prefer if you were dipped in the following vats in this order: Butter, Flour, Red Meat, Leopard Cage.

Good morning everyone!

Did someone ejaculate on your toast today?

botankus
Floo elaborated on my keyboard when I arrived. I know he's a sexy man, but I elaborated him to get him to leave.

Grand_Moff_Gav

I agree, even on these boards I care about how i'm perceived, which is why I am such an ass kisser....lol...

Fëanor
Originally posted by Bardock42
I will go and kill myself now. *gives Bardock loaded water pistol*

botankus
Did someone ejaculate on your toast today?

I'm just going through Debbiejo withdrawals. *calls Debs* Debbiejo, get your ass on the board and save me!!

Bardock42

Soleran

Good morning everyone!

I would like to just make one suggestion, change Sol, to Osaka and that sounds like a winner!

botankus
Originally posted by Soleran
I would like to just make one suggestion, change Sol, to Osaka and that sounds like a winner!
I agree, Sol! But I need to make two more modifications: Change "Red Meat" to "Buffalo Sauce" and "Leopard Cage" to "My Kitchen."

I would release a hearty belch afterwards.

Fëanor

My momma
Debbiejo

...The rest can go to hell! But what if I've already been there? Would I now be a part of that list?

botankus
Julian, you are my right-hand man when it comes to analysis of bootyfication. Going to hell is like a junior college compared to the skills you have acquired in the "Trunkage Junkage" department.

Fëanor
Julian, you are my right-hand man when it comes to analysis of bootyfication. Going to hell is like a junior college compared to the skills you have acquired in the "Trunkage Junkage" department. You are my idol! eek!

botankus
On a side note, 'cause I saw Tron was browsing this forum, I checked out his forum (the Comic Book vs. forum)...and there were 21 people browsing!!

Good God! I thought the OTF (which usually has about 10 browsing at any given time) was the busiest!

Okay, back to whatever this thread is about.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
I agree, even on these boards I care about how i'm perceived, which is why I am such an ass kisser....lol...

You give thought and care to how some random Whob is perceiving you?

Good luck.

-AC

Bardock42
I do care for what people think of me on this board. Just do. Can't help it.

Deano
lets see the real people on these boards. not people wearing masks

Bardock42
lets see the real people on these boards. not people wearing masks Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Deano, and ideas are bulletproof.

Deano
im glad you finally understand ...

Tha C-Master

Anyone care to agree, disagree or comment? I'll entertain your thought.

In the general sense, I consider myself not to really care what people think of me (when it comes to judgemental opinion), and I've gotten alot of respect and friendship because of that fact. I don't mean doing things to be "different" and getting attention either. What I mean is that I don't let people's opinions get to me if I don't consider them important, because I've reached the stage in my life where I've known for a long time that everyone is going to have something to say about what you do. I myself am used to having people comment on what I do, and exaggerate it, positive or negative.

Now there are exceptions to that, of course I would care what someone thinks if it affected me in a more tangible sense, if my boss thought I was doing a bad job, I would want to change it, because in the workplace, my own opinion of things may not matter if I'm not in charge.

Also taking things into consideration, if someone was reasonable and something I did bothered them, I would have no problem stopping, if it was addressed in the correct manner. So I wouldn't be an *******, a more accurate way to say it is that I value my own understanding and final judgment of myself far more than others to allow other's (particulalry the less well-informed), to get to me, even on serious issues like race, creed, and religion etc.

I guess its called being cool. smile No need to shout and boast about how I feel about people's feelings on me, but being confident in yourself and accepting who you know you are.

Bardock42
im glad you finally understand ...

Oh, I don't think I am a puppet of the system it's jsut that from your side of the room everything seems very "sheepish" I will make that more clear to you

Puppet.of.The.Man...............V.....Bardock42...........David.Icke................Comspiracy.Theory.Sheeps.........Deano

Deano
who you care what people think of you on here..what does that say about u?

Bardock42
who you care what people think of you on here..what does that say about u?

Dunno that I am entertained by being liked by people who's opinions I value?

Deano
i value peoples opinions. but not opinions about me.

Mr Parker

i dont care what they think of me. i meant that if you choose to insult me, then i dont care. meaning its not gonna effect me. you think im an *******?....i dont care. shud i get angry? people are different

yeah I dont care.Yeah if you choose to insult me and deano like you do,I could care less.I just put them on my ignore list and ignore them like I have with you. I could care less what a bunch of internet geeks think of me that I have never met in my entire life.its only the people in real life who have something to say to me that I care what they think of me.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Mr Parker
yeah I dont care.Yeah if you choose to insult me and deano like you do,I could care less.I just put them on my ignore list and ignore them like I have with you. I could care less what a bunch of internet geeks think of me that I have never met in my entire life.its only the people in real life who have something to say to me that I care what they think of me.

Why do you put them on ignore then? I mean. seems pointless, since you don't care anyways.

debbiejo

My momma
Debbiejo

...The rest can go to hell! happy

My daddy loves me........

I guess I only care what certain people think of me.....the rest don't know me, so their judgment wouldn't matter...

Bardock42
Even then I care. Like if some person's first post to me would be "You idiot, I hate you"., I'd find that hilarious..maybe even flattering. So I certainly care.

debbiejo
blink

Awww, I feel like a special peace of moss........

Grand_Moff_Gav
People are social beings, perception is everything!

Penelope
Originally posted by JimMorrison227
If I know the person, yes I care what they think of me. It can be both positive and negative. If I am told I am amazing in bed, I would care, because then it supports what I always believed and it would make me feel amazing. If I am told I am terrible, I would get insecure and resort to help via websites, friends, profesionals. If It works for many situations.

If a stranger on the other hand, comes up to me, and calls me gorgeous and handsome, or hidious and disgusting, either way it effects me in no way, because I won't have anything to prove to them, because I'll probably never see them again.

I agree. I tend to only care about what my boyfriend, friends and family think of me. If i dont even know you, i'm not gonna care what you think. It's all a bunch of uneccessary stress. The less stress, the healthier.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Penelope
I agree. I tend to only care about what my boyfriend, friends and family think of me. If i dont even know you, i'm not gonna care what you think. It's all a bunch of uneccessary stress. The less stress, the healthier.

So when you choose what to wear, the first impression that you leave on others (whom you don't know) is not a concern whatsoever?

Tha C-Master
On a side note, 'cause I saw Tron was browsing this forum, I checked out his forum (the Comic Book vs. forum)...and there were 21 people browsing!!

Good God! I thought the OTF (which usually has about 10 browsing at any given time) was the busiest!

Okay, back to whatever this thread is about. lol, I kept trying to tell people that comic versus was the busiest, its just that people read alot more before they post...

Grand_Moff_Gav
So when you choose what to wear, the first impression that you leave on others (whom you don't know) is not a concern whatsoever?

Ofcourse it is, she's just trying to appear independent, chances are she is one of these gothic types, the fact of the matter is, if I am going shopping say I'm going to put on decent cothes, even if it's jsut to ASDA!

Penelope
Ofcourse it is, she's just trying to appear independent, chances are she is one of these gothic types, the fact of the matter is, if I am going shopping say I'm going to put on decent cothes, even if it's jsut to ASDA!

Whats the gothic type? laughing out loud

debbiejo

Okay, back to whatever this thread is about. confused but I wanted to follow you.........

botankus
Thought you'd never ask...

Oh, to the chick asking about the gothic type: Check out some Type O Negative, I guess.

Fëanor
People are social beings, perception is everything! if you're anti-social, but hang around with like minded people...would you still be considered anti-social?

Grand_Moff_Gav

GCG
I dont know what people think about me on this board. I am not sure if I should care or not. Should I ? Would I ?

Fëanor
Anti-Social people are still social, they act anti-socially to get attention from their peers.. Oh. Right. And all this time I thought they were living in an oxymoronic state of mind.

debbiejo
Many people care how they are viewed that's why people buy big name brand clothing...

Alpha Centauri
I think it's rather ridiculous to suggest that anyone who wears a shirt that bears a Nike logo or an Adidas does it because they care what others think.

-AC

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by debbiejo
Many people care how they are viewed that's why people buy big name brand clothing...

Oh no. Why did you have to say that? That's not a valid example, unless you're in high school and buy your clothes to fit in with your particular social group. Once those days are over, people tend to develop their own look. Unless they don't care, in which case they end up dressing like people who don't really care...so then they're all trying to look the same?

Grand_Moff_Gav

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I think it's rather ridiculous to suggest that anyone who wears a shirt that bears a Nike logo or an Adidas does it because they care what others think.

-AC

Ofcourse they do! People buy brands over George clothing because they care what other think!

Alpha Centauri
Ofcourse they do! People buy brands over George clothing because they care what other think!

I'm not going to go and buy George brand clothing so I can say "LOOK! I DON'T CARE!". Do you see how ironic that would be?

I buy whatever I want to buy, be it George or Nike. If I see a shirt I like I buy it, unless it is ridiculously priced. It has nothing to do with caring what others think. I mostly wear band shirts, so how does that figure into your equation? I doubt the general London populace are impressed because I have an Opeth shirt.

I've been to rock and metal concerts wearing a white Nike t-shirt and green cargo bottoms, as opposed to some of the tryhards who would wear all black. I stood out like a sore thumb, but it didn't matter. It's what I'm comfortable wearing and it's not too expensive.

How can you logically say that I care what people think just because I was wearing a Nike shirt and not a George shirt?

-AC

GCG

I dont care what people would think even if I wore a pink shirt.

Oh. I do wear a pink shirt.

Fëanor
Many people care how they are viewed that's why people buy big name brand clothing... I like to wear brightly colored bermuda shorts and a white buttoned down shirt. ya think i'm trying to get attention?

Fëanor
Brought on by their need for attention and acceptence, very frustrated people. no...more like eejits.

Grand_Moff_Gav

Fëanor
yeah, thats what they are... hehehe...now what to do about them emo kids...i'll never know

Alpha Centauri
By using the term "emo kid", you automatically make yourself as bad.

-AC

PVS
yeah....you just dont understand them...NOBODY DOES!!!!!!

Fëanor

-AC oh. right. hadn't thought of that. let me rephrase it. Emotionally distrurbed kids. that right?

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by GCG
I dont care what people would think even if I wore a pink shirt.

Now that's a bit much.

No way in hell I'm wearing pink, ese.

Bardock42

-AC

Well, it is the currently popular definition.

Grand_Moff_Gav

GCG
Now that's a bit much.

No way in hell I'm wearing pink, ese.

I never bought it, cause i said the same thing. Then someone gave me a pink CK tee for my barfday last year and I never wore it.

One day, this year I went to the beach, and turned pink in the sun.

So i said "Well I am pink, so who gives a shit if I wear a pink t-shirt?"

So I wore It. cool

Fëanor
Simple help them be more independent! laughing out loud well, guess that makes me one of them, eh? *shoots self*

Grand_Moff_Gav

Fëanor
NO NO NO NO!

Slit, then Hang, Slit then hang!

Balistics...NO Oh. right. rather new to all of this. Right! anyone with a rope and some sort ofsharp pointy instrument.

Grand_Moff_Gav

Bardock42
He can help.

Fëanor
Remeber, if you can't find anything to self harm...sing my song,

"If your depressed and you know it slit your wrists, slah slash"
"If your depressed and you know it slit your wrists, slah slash"
"If your depressed and you know it and you really want to show it Slit your wrists" Slash Slash..."

I think they're going to be signing that at the superbowl... well, see now that tune has now turned my depressive state into a happy one, thankyouverymuch glare

Alpha Centauri

Bardock42
Because pink automatically takes a man over and makes him homosexual, like the Venom Symbiont, right?

-AC

The Venom Symbiont makes men homosexual?

PVS
Because pink automatically takes a man over and makes him homosexual, like the Venom symbiote, right?

no, it just makes him look like a big girl, thats all

BackFire
The Venom Symbiont makes men homosexual?

Hahahahaha. Well, Topher Grace IS playing Venom, so that would explain a lot.

Fëanor
Because pink automatically takes a man over and makes him homosexual, like the Venom symbiote, right?

I was just pointing out how I find it odd to label singular or multiple humans as a music genre from the decades past, just because they kill themselves. Though I've been through that about a million times with as many people, so I won't worry.

-AC forgive my ignorance. i did not know. i think.

PVS
pfft! didnt you see the spiderman3 trailer? the symbiont only turns someone into a self absorbed emo pussy.

BackFire
Originally posted by PVS
emo pussy.

Stop being redundant.

Alpha Centauri
Well I'd be upset if I had an alien bonding to my ass, can hardly blame the guy.

Originally posted by PVS
no, it just makes him look like a big girl, thats all

Who, Quiero? Well that's hardly very nice, PVS. I suggest you apologise.

I was merely pointing out that it it's just a colour and if you are a secure male, you should have no problem wearing it, unless you genuinely do not like the colour, which doesn't seem to be his case. I personally don't like bright, garish pink. Dull pink isn't bad at all.

That was MY point, why be abusive to the man? Always with the abuse, man, haha.

-AC

PVS
its like deja vu all over again, huh?

BackFire
Originally posted by PVS
its like deja vu all over again, huh?

Since we're talking about Emo kids, I think you mean....gayja vu?

PVS
Who, Quiero? Well that's hardly very nice, PVS. I suggest you apologise. im sorry....pink.

PVS
Originally posted by BackFire
Since we're talking about Emo kids, I think you mean....gayja vu?

i wouldnt dream of insulting gay people like that.

BackFire
No, you'd dream about doing other things to them. Ewwwwww

Grand_Moff_Gav
Because pink automatically takes a man over and makes him homosexual, like the Venom symbiote, right
-AC

In Britain this isn't the case, Pink is a very popular colour right now, i have a pic of me in a pick tshirt up somehwhere...

But maybe in America you still don't wear pink.

BackFire
Nah, Pink is popular in America. I always see people wearing pink. And it always makes me smile.

Grand_Moff_Gav

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by BackFire
Nah, Pink is popular in America. I always see people wearing pink. And it always makes me smile.

Well, In Britain it is a very popular colour, all the "neds" or "chavs" or stylish people (i.e people who shop on Topman,Next,River Island,Slaters,etc etc) where pink alot...

Fëanor
Don't worry, AC is being a sheer plonker, if he thinks it's odd to label singular or multiple humans as a music genre from the decades past, after all, most of us find it even odder to name a genre of music after a style of architecture from centuries past... i've often wondered about that. it was like a dog chasing it's own tail when i tried to figure that one out.

Grand_Moff_Gav

Fëanor
Have no fear, The Grand Moff is here! cool...i've always had a thing for men in tights naughty

Alpha Centauri
Don't worry, AC is being a sheer plonker, if he thinks it's odd to label singular or multiple humans as a music genre from the decades past, after all, most of us find it even odder to name a genre of music after a style of architecture from centuries past...

What can I say? I find stupid things to be stupid. I guess I'm just one of those logical ones. Speaking of a "sheer plonker", though:

In Britain this isn't the case, Pink is a very popular colour right now, i have a pic of me in a pick tshirt up somehwhere...

But maybe in America you still don't wear pink.

1) I'm English.

2) I have pink t-shirts.

3) I'll wait for you to remove the foot from your mouth before you reply.

-AC

Capt_Fantastic
It should come as no suprise to anyone that I am, in fact, wearing a pink hollister polo shirt today.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Well concerning the first quote, I'm afraid call a person a goth because they listen to "gothic" music isn't that stupid in my opinion, but naming a genre of music after a style of building? I think that is stupid but you didn't noitice it, so I take it you don't find stupid things stupid, you things logical things stupid and stupid things irrelavent and unworthy of your attention...

concerning the last quote, I mis-quoted you, the sarchasim in your post was apparent, my mistake, I was actually agreeing with you, I have pink shirts too...

Finally, you like to sound intellegent and arrogant all at the same time then you spoil it with,

Please, VVD will never respect you like you want if you do that...

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
It should come as no suprise to anyone that I am, in fact, wearing a pink hollister polo shirt today.
Yeah, but your semi-normal...albeit a tiny tiny bit liberal...laughing out loud

Bardock42

I don't think I have anything pink...I think I might be a homophobe.

Capt_Fantastic
Yeah, but your semi-normal...albeit a tiny tiny bit liberal...laughing out loud

Why do people think I'm liberal? I take more offense at being categorized as liberal than I do with being called "semi" normal.

I think you're just a self loathing ***.

Grand_Moff_Gav

Well, if having my name as Grand Moff and having a Grand Moff Tarkin in my sig makes me a Nazi...then you sir...are a sick homophobe!

Grand_Moff_Gav
Why do people think I'm liberal? I take more offense at being categorized as liberal than I do with being called "semi" normal.

Then be slightly cruel now and then"!

Capt_Fantastic
Then be slightly cruel now and then"!

Now and then? I'm cruel all the time. I guess I assumed that's why you mistook me for a liberal.

KharmaDog
I take more offense at being categorized as liberal than I do with being called "semi" normal.

Be secure that I have never considered you "normal" Capt. Semi or otherwise. wink

Alpha Centauri
Well concerning the first quote, I'm afraid call a person a goth because they listen to "gothic" music isn't that stupid in my opinion, but naming a genre of music after a style of building? I think that is stupid but you didn't noitice it, so I take it you don't find stupid things stupid, you things logical things stupid and stupid things irrelavent and unworthy of your attention...

I do actually, and if you've been in the music forum you'd know that I do. Goth is as bad, in my opinion.

concerning the last quote, I mis-quoted you, the sarchasim in your post was apparent, my mistake, I was actually agreeing with you, I have pink shirts too...

Finally, you like to sound intellegent and arrogant all at the same time then you spoil it with,

Please, VVD will never respect you like you want if you do that...

Like I want? You do realise that I actually know the man in person, and we're anything but "respectful" to each other.

Maybe you missed the point, I said remove foot, then reply.

-AC

Grand_Moff_Gav
Now and then? I'm cruel all the time. I guess I assumed that's why you mistook me for a liberal.

well, be even more mean damn you! Liberals arn't mean...liberals support almost everything in the universe, be they gay,black,white,cats or rampent scurvey ridden plebs from ancient rome! And you seem too aswell...

Capt_Fantastic
Be secure that I have never considered you "normal" Capt. Semi or otherwise. wink

Thank you. I guess I'm as gay as you are tall.

Should I throw in a "girlfriend" or perhaps use teh word 'fierce' more often?

Grand_Moff_Gav
I do actually, and if you've been in the music forum you'd know that I do. Goth is as bad, in my opinion.

Like I want? You do realise that I actually know the man in person, and we're anything but "respectful" to each other.

Maybe you missed the point, I said remove foot, then reply.

-AC

Well I hate to say it, but it is common knowledge on these boards that you seek his acceptence in some way....and I am not in the music forum, you should have made your opinion clear...

Grand_Moff_Gav

Chew a bit of straw and go "Yall" Now and then! Maybe...light some crosses of fire...and run about in sheets!

Capt_Fantastic
and run about in sheets!

it should come as no suprise to anyone that I am, in fact, wearing nothing but a sheet.

Grand_Moff_Gav
it should come as no suprise to anyone that I am, in fact, wearing nothing but a sheet.

a pink one?

Alpha Centauri
Well I hate to say it, but it is common knowledge on these boards that you seek his acceptence in some way....and I am not in the music forum, you should have made your opinion clear...

Funny how people on the internet actually know more about the situation that both VVD and I, and we're the ones who actually know each other. Why would I seek acceptance on the board from him anyway? Surely if anything I would do so in person.

If I wanted acceptance from anyone on this board, it would not be his. I respect him, I don't need nor want his acceptance, but I'm glad I'm the topic of private conversation.

-AC

Grand_Moff_Gav
Funny how people on the internet actually know more about the situation that both VVD and I, and we're the ones who actually know each other. Why would I seek acceptance on the board from him anyway? Surely if anything I would do so in person.

If I wanted acceptance from anyone on this board, it would not be his. I respect him, I don't need nor want his acceptance, but I'm glad I'm the topic of private conversation.

-AC

Well, you are fairly infamous in the GDF, but don't worry I have my principles and one is giving people their dues...

Capt_Fantastic
a pink one?

Wouldn't you like to know.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Wouldn't you like to know.

laughing out loud Or would i.............. ninja

KharmaDog

That makes you pretty d*mn gay. (I didn't realize there was varying degrees of gayness, I am so naive)

No, too overdone...and not gay enough.

Capt_Fantastic
...and not gay enough.

Really? Wow, I would have consider that flaunting. At least under Gav's definition.

So which is it? Too overdone or not gay enough?

Grand_Moff_Gav
Really? Wow, I would have consider that flaunting. At least under Gav's definition.

So which is it? Too overdone or not gay enough?

I just dislike flaunting cause i'm insecure about my sexuality...either that or I like to grind peoples gears...

Capt_Fantastic
I just dislike flaunting cause i'm insecure about my sexuality...either that or I like to grind peoples gears...

That's something we have in common then. I like to grind.

Grand_Moff_Gav
That's something we have in common then. I like to grind.

Indeed...wink

Quiero Mota

Now show me where I said or implied "Wearing pink automatically makes a man gay".

Eis
Haven't you heard? Being gay automatically makes you liberal.

Alpha Centauri
Now show me where I said or implied "Wearing pink automatically makes a man gay".

If you believe I was serious, I suggest a sense of humour.

I'm curious, why is there no way you'd wear the colour pink? It seemed like a rather venomous distaste.

-AC

Grand_Moff_Gav
If you believe I was serious, I suggest a sense of humour.

I'm curious, why is there no way you'd wear the colour pink? It seemed like a rather venomous distaste.

-AC

Perhaps, the problem isn't with his humour...maybe it's with your attempts to be funny while maintaining that arrogant "I'm a far superior breed of dog than you" attitude which I love about you!

DarkC
Perhaps, the problem isn't with his humour...maybe it's with your attempts to be funny while maintaining that arrogant "I'm a far superior breed of dog than you" attitude which I love about you!
I for one appreciate a more sardonic sense of humor.

Think of it as the type of humor they had in the Age of Enlightenment.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by DarkC
I for one appreciate a more sardonic sense of humor.

Think of it as the type of humor they had in the Age of Enlightenment.

Well, I like it, but I don't think QM really understands it...but then...he does put ese in his posts...

DarkC
Well, I like it, but I don't think QM really understands it...but then...he does put ese in his posts...
Really, I was mistaken. I thought you were putting him in a bad light, seeing how "arrogant" is more derogatory than complimentary. Anyways, lots of people are arrogant in the GDF, few utilize it to their advantage.

I find some of his humor does require a double take at times, but that one of his obviously wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

Alpha Centauri

Either way it would be a problem with his humour wouldn't it? I wasn't trying to be funny, but I certainly didn't actually believe Quiero was of the belief that pink shirts turn men into gays. Which his reply suggests I did.

Back to the drawing board for you.

-AC

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>