Premier league 2006/2007 FANTASY FOOTBALL

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deano
Anyone wanna sign up?
ive set up a league.

if you decide to join, just pick your players then click join a league
257813-45708
type the above code in and you will be entered into my league.

shud be fun!

http://fantasy.premierleague.com

Deano
i see nino has joined..anyone else!?

DigiMark007
Erm, I'm honestly considering it, but I highly doubt I'd know enough to be anything but a joke. I enjoy soccer and all (Go Chelsea), but don't follow it closely enough to be knowledgeable about something like this.

Deano
just pick 14 players! thats all u gotta do really. u have 100 million to spend.

its pot luck anyway rlly. the guide is there and it tells u which players were the best last season.

go for itsmile

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Deano
just pick 14 players! thats all u gotta do really. u have 100 million to spend.

its pot luck anyway rlly. the guide is there and it tells u which players were the best last season.

go for itsmile

I'm versed enough in American fantasy Football to realize that it's not all just luck even if there's rankings and such, and that I'll be at a bit of a disadvantage.

But I'll consider it.

El_NINO
Ya I just chose a rounded team with players that can earn points instead of the usual 2 or 3 top notch players like I have done before in other fantasy leagues.

El_NINO
The real game is http://www.hattrick.org/Common/default.asp

I find that the best where you are the manager of a team and you basically build it from scratch.

DigiMark007
When's this thing start? I'd like to get my (American) football draft out of the way before I devote myself to anything else.

Mattomic
Me and my brother have just signed up, so there are now five teams ready for the new season!!!

Be great if as many of you KMC footy guys as possible could join in the fun!!!

Deano
we need at least 10 i think

DigiMark007
I'll probably join...give me a week or so to do some research and write a paper for my summer class...I want to be able to do it right when I join. So that's at least 6

Deano
nice one. keep em comin

Shadow_King
I just Signed up

Deano
good goodsmile

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Don't know how to do it, do I? No, I don't.

Deano
its easy goddamn u big grin

read my 1st postsmile

Ya Krunk'd Floo
So I have to register first?

Deano
yeh
then u pick ya team

Ya Krunk'd Floo
OK, I'm there. I'm also ready to kick some serious ass.

Mattomic
Eight teams now......it's hotting up, we gotta get to atleast ten for a proper competition, tell your friends, and tell them to tell their friends too!!!!

Shadow_King
i've noticed that most of the people in the league are from the U.K... only like 3 people arent from the U.K

Deano
why does that surprise you?

DigiMark007
Well, I'll up the American count once I join (I've been putting it off, but will get to it in a day or two).

Shadow_King
Well iwhen you do join you would be the first american to be in the league laughing

Deano
we have an englishman, canadian, scottish and american so farbig grin

Shadow_King
and dont forget a person from Taiwan.

pr1983
Ok, i'm in... pr1983's Nosnibor Utd...

Deano
Originally posted by Shadow_King
and dont forget a person from Taiwan.

yeh but he is english..

and now we have an irishmanbig grin

Shadow_King
this is gonna be fun.

Deano
hopefully AC and DF02 can join in. and the table would be mpretty much complete

DigiMark007
Trying to think of team names...

Deez Nutz United?
Universal Batman Society?
Evergreen State Geoducks (my other fantasy football team name)?

Shadow_King
the first one is used to many times... so many people have the whole united at the end of their team name.

El_NINO
I live in Canada but my nationality is Honduras just incase anyone was wondering.

Krone
ill sign up soonish my account name is MikeyPenty

Ya Krunk'd Floo
hopefully AC and DF02 can join in. and the table would be mpretty much complete

PM those f*ckers, and give my endorsement. Also, do it to VVD. He likes hot ass.

Mattomic
I'd love to see AC put his money where his mouth is and join us!!! Helps add spice to the competition

Deano
i pm'd them. the evil ones wont answer

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Too cool for skool. Maybe.

Did you tell them I endorsed it?

DigiMark007
I joined.

When in doubt I went with players I knew, but I tried to find out at least a little bit of what was going on and make some informed decisions with my picks.

Deano
i have put some hope in a couple of new boys. hopefully they will deliver

El_NINO
i have put some hope in a couple of new boys. hopefully they will deliver

1) Rosicky
2) Ballack
3) Sheva

Im just fooling but I will pick them when I get more points

Deano
ive got sheva, hopefully he will deliver the goods

DigiMark007
Go Columbus Crew!

er.. embarrasment

...so yeah, I figured since I might be the only American in this league, I should represent American soccer.

And we get more points as the season goes on??

Deano
every week your points will go up or down according to stats from that week

Deano
i see vvd has joined. nice one. that takes the number up to 12

Mattomic
And there was me thinking I was the only guy with Shevva......ahhhh well, never mind stick out tongue

Deano
it was either him or rooney. and im still considering rooney. nothing is concrete in my team, ive been transfering players all week.stick out tongue

Mattomic
it was either him or rooney. and im still considering rooney. nothing is concrete in my team, ive been transfering players all week.stick out tongue

Thank god it isn't just me then.....i've been throwing players out left, right and centre, just can't sit still and settle on a team!!!!

Deano
ive got 3 weeks to think it over anyway. i'll probably end up with a completely different team by then!

Krone
i swear ive transfered all of my team at least once and brought them back a few minutes later lol

by the time it starts i'll of made 1000 possibilities knowing me lol

Mattomic
lol I think i'm happy as I can be now with my team, but it is ofcourse subject to changes stick out tongue

JohnBieniek
I'm in, is there a certain league I'm supposed to join?

Deano
read my first post

JohnBieniek
Sorry, didn't see that.

Deano
its ok. i see you're in now. so thayt takes the participants up to 13

Mattomic
I hope we get 20 like the actual Premiership, that'd be brilliant!!!

I just hope I don't finish bottom, though if the team I have play to their potential, i'll do a damn sight better than coming bottom

Deano
yeh 20 would be good. i didnt think id get more than 10 anyway. so im happy either way. AC and DF02 are yet to join mad

JohnBieniek
Do I have a creative team name or what?

Deano
the blue and gold...very goodsmile

JohnBieniek
Yeeeea....

Deano
i think im sticking to my team now. no changes.

im putting faith in a defender who has never played in the prem. but ive saw him play countless times and i always knew he was destined for the premiership:P

Krone
yer im doing my defence now i wanted Carrager but i already have 3 liverpool players :'(

Deano
carragher is always solid.

Krone
yer but ive got max amount of Liverpool players and i dont no which one to get rid off

Mattomic
i think im sticking to my team now. no changes.

im putting faith in a defender who has never played in the prem. but ive saw him play countless times and i always knew he was destined for the premiership:P

Lol, me thinks I know who you mean, as I have him myself stick out tongue

Deano
well we are wolves fans. we know what he can do:d

Deano
ive changed a few more players around today lol.
im happy tho. for now

Mattomic
lol, i've managed to hold firm today and not change a thing, but I was a bit naughty last night though, changing one of my players

It's like an obsession, no matter how much I change my team, I always think "Should I have got rid of him??" "Is he gonna step up to the Premiership??", and yes that does confirm all my players are male......I think

But yeah, it's really hard for me to ever be content with my team!!!

pr1983
I haven't changed one... i'm pretty happy with the setup that i have considering how many players i had to buy and how much money i had...

Mattomic
Originally posted by pr1983
I haven't changed one... i'm pretty happy with the setup that i have considering how many players i had to buy and how much money i had...

God, how i'd love to be like you lol!!!

Deano
should i go with zokora or stay with the experienced o neil?

i will be mulling over that question the next couple of weeks

DigiMark007
Am I seriously the only American in this thing?!

Shadow_King
i guess so.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I've got a good team. I think I'll probably win. Why not?

Mattomic
I have a great team, but one question bugging me is whether to have Zokora or Steven Davis in my team, i'm a huge admirer of Davis, but also expect big things of Zokora

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Seeing as the cheapest players are still around the 4 million mark, how can some of you kids afford the likes of Henry or Shevchenko?

Deano
this is the cost of my team

goalkeeprs
4m
3.5m

defenders
4.5m
5m
5m
7m
7m

midfielders
10.5m
8m
8m
6.5m
4.5m

strikers
11.5 m
8.5 m
6.5 m

Deano
Originally posted by Mattomic
I have a great team, but one question bugging me is whether to have Zokora or Steven Davis in my team, i'm a huge admirer of Davis, but also expect big things of Zokora

zokora will start imo.

jol considers him one of the best midfielders in the world. and who can argue with great performances at the african nations and world cup. he is fast, powerful and likes a tackle. now carrick is gone, he will most definetly start.

im thinking of having eboue. he didnt get many points last season because he only played towards the end when lauren got injured. but he seems a snip at 6.5 million. lauren will be pushing hard for a place also and i dont know who le arse will start with. and i dont really wanna sacrifice ferdinand or carragher..goddamn 100 million bollox. 105 mil would of saw me alrightsad

woody82
Well done my team and ui've joined the league, should be good got lamps and henry big grin lol

Just saying if anyone else wants to join my league got a few people in it i know 16568-4500 if anyone wants that is.

100M is a bit short to be honest hard to get in the players last year i had gerrrard, lampard, terry, rio, henry, ruud in my team this year i couldn't afford to have more than three of them and that was at real ghardjob.

JohnBieniek
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Am I seriously the only American in this thing?!

There's me.

Deano
Originally posted by woody82
Well done my team and ui've joined the league, should be good got lamps and henry big grin lol

Just saying if anyone else wants to join my league got a few people in it i know 16568-4500 if anyone wants that is.

100M is a bit short to be honest hard to get in the players last year i had gerrrard, lampard, terry, rio, henry, ruud in my team this year i couldn't afford to have more than three of them and that was at real ghardjob.

thats crap if u have all the best players in your team. 100 million is more than fair.

woody82
Suppose thats why they have the limit so you can't sign all the best players but still last season was easier, as some of the players values were slightly lower.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Your ability to enlighten us with amazing insights is invaluable.

woody82
laughing ............. shifty

Well i pointed something out that they are more expensive than last season but hell i know nothing...... wink

Deano
then u have to oick more carefukky and think more. its better that way

Victor Von Doom
You bunch of indecisive fools. All of you. Mainly Ya Krunk'd.

Deano
oh comon vvd. i know why u havent been around here lately.. you have been spending the past few days collecting data of all the players so u can have the ultimate team. but ive got news for you....you vil looze

Victor Von Doom
I picked my team in 23.2 seconds.

Krone
impossible *shakes cheeks* anyway my teams done ....for now by tonite my defence will have changed wo will my whole team actually

And why is Lamps ahead of Gerrard??

Mattomic
Originally posted by Krone
impossible *shakes cheeks* anyway my teams done ....for now by tonite my defence will have changed wo will my whole team actually

Because he got more points last season, and so they have put a bigger price tag on him

I am actually against picking players just because they got good points last season anyway, just because they did well last season, does not mean a damn thing

woody82
WelL Lamps is ahead because he was oneof the top goal scorers in the prem last season, Gerrard had a great season but didn't score as many prem goals.

I bought two players who i tip to do well Bellamy and MArlon King, King's a sub but meh.

Deano
bellamy should do well. he will have more service this time around

Mattomic
Originally posted by woody82
WelL Lamps is ahead because he was oneof the top goal scorers in the prem last season, Gerrard had a great season but didn't score as many prem goals.

I bought two players who i tip to do well Bellamy and MArlon King, King's a sub but meh.

Yes I agree, Marlon King is gonna be really good this season, he is tailor made for the premiership with his physical game, I hate those who only rate strikers at big clubs

Deano
lita from reading is a striker im considering. alot of people highly rate him and consider him to have a good season

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Krone

That's because, hype aside, Lampard performs more consistently. Gerrard is good for the occasional commentator orgasm. Sadly for him, you don't get any points for that.

Krone
Well personally i think Gerrard, this season has been better than Fat Frank. But sadly they dont take into consideration the fact lampard will perform better because of the team he has around him.

Deano
scholes will be one of the best midfielders this season of he can stay injury free

Mattomic
One midfielder who everyone seems to be overlooking is Steven Davis of Villa, he was immense last season, he is a superb player and will have an even better season this term in my opinion

Mattomic
On the subject of value for money, should Marlon King really be as much as Lua-Lua??

There is a gulf in Premiership experience for one, and secondly Lua-Lua is a much better player and plays for the better team

Deano
ive already took a gamble with lescott. i dont want anymore. stick out tongue

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
You bunch of indecisive fools. All of you. Mainly Ya Krunk'd.

Get back, you Spartan dog! Get back!

I've only changed my team once - I kicked out King when he got crocked, but I'll welcome him back when he ain't bruised no mo', yo.

I'm gonna kick all yo' asses. Especially Deano's saggy bottom and VVD's clenched cheeks.

What about AC? He running scared, boy?

(You're the 'boy'.)

Mattomic
AC surprises me, I thought he'd certainly take this opportunity to prove his football knowledge, but some people just ain't got the stomach for a battle stick out tongue

Deano
Krunk i will tear your soul apart!

AC will pay for his treachery. thats for sure.

i dont think its about knowledge rlly, you just gotta pick players and HOPE they perform

Victor Von Doom
He's struggling with it all.

AC that is. Yeah him, he's having trouble. Too hard for him.

Mattomic
Krunk i will tear your soul apart!

AC will pay for his treachery. thats for sure.

i dont think its about knowledge rlly, you just gotta pick players and HOPE they perform

But a person without any knowledge would probably only pick superstars, thus leaving them with no money, then they'd not know which players who are not so world class to sign, because they would have no knowledge

Deano
i suppose you need to know a bit about the players. but the points system from last season will help some of the people who dont know alot about the unkown players.

Mattomic
i suppose you need to know a bit about the players. but the points system from last season will help some of the people who dont know alot about the unkown players.

That's true, but i've gotta say, last year's points mean nothing really, they are just a rough idea of how they played last term, it certainly does not guarantee they will do as well this time around, that's why I have picked players I like, as opposed to ones that did well points-wise

Deano
i think most people in the league are quite up on there football so it should be a good tournement! who can truely say who will do well. no one knows.

i have 8 british players in my starting 11. keeping it at homestick out tongue

Mattomic
i think most people in the league are quite up on there football so it should be a good tournement! who can truely say who will do well. no one knows.

i have 8 british players in my starting 11. keeping it at homestick out tongue

Exactly!!! It's a game of chance, all we can do is pick the players we want/hope will do well, and then leave it up to them to perform or not perform as the case may be

And for the record I have 9 British players, have to stick to my roots, even though I don't live in Ireland, Scotland or Wales stick out tongue

Deano
i ahve about 11 altogether, but only 8 in my first eleven

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Well, my most expensive buy was only 8 million, so I must know my shit, my shit, my shit - my shit - my shit. Break it down.

Deano
u need a BIG player in ya team to guarentee u a few points.

we shud make a prize for the winner. i was thinking of am autographed picture of me. the winner cud cherish it forever

Mattomic

Deano
defenders tend to be cheaper though for some reason. there are some great 5 million rated defenders who can get a lot of points.

Mattomic

Deano
my midfield is tremendous. but my strikers are not phenomenal players, i still reckon they both have a chance of getting in the top 5 though

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I think it's cute that you guys think you stand a chance.

Deano
ive already prepared a losers trophy(a autographed pic of me) especially for you krunk my dear friend.
you will carry it with you foreva to remind you that no one beats deano at ANYTHING. i want you to remember the day you went head to head with me...and lost

Ya Krunk'd Floo
In your (wet) dreams, pal. It's gonna be me.

Although, I think it's a little weird that you can change your team between games. They should stick to the transfer window set-up.

Deano
it costs points to change players during the season though. i woudnt bother.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Oh, I didn't know that...Why don't we all agree on sticking to the transfer window system within out league?

Who's with me?

Deano
sounds ok to me.

on the 19th we will finally be able to see what team as what players. interesting

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Build a consensus, Deano. You're in charge of this.

Deano
i think it costs points to transfer during the season. im not fully sure myself. it doesnt seem to give out much info on transfers

Ya Krunk'd Floo
What I mean is, just ask the other people playing if they will acquiesce to following the Premiership transfer window rules...

Deano
ok. i will tell them.

Mattomic
I agree to sticking with my team until the transfer window, as does my brother, no problem there, I see transferring players after one game or two a bit of a cheating tactic anyway

Mattomic
Oh and can I just add that my team is now immense?? Thought i'd let y'all know that stick out tongue

I'm hoping for a top four finish

Deano
im sure everyone thinks there team is unstoppable, unfortunetly someone has to finish laststick out tongue

Deano
all my starting 11 are english. wasnt my intention. it just happened that way

Mattomic
If I could've had the England starting eleven, I wudda done stick out tongue

Ofcourse if the actual England team have Mr Shevchenko up front hehe

Shadow_King
im sure everyone thinks there team is unstoppable, unfortunetly someone has to finish laststick out tongue

I think that would be me.

Mattomic
I have now officially decided on my team, I have everyone in place, no more changes, and THAT is a guarantee!!!!

It's looking fannytastic!!!! I'm confident my lads can do me proud and attain a champions' league place!!!

See ya all at the kick-off!!!

Deano
me too, im gonna stick. but remember other members would of picked good teams too.

im not even gonna say where i am gonna finish, because i have no idea

Mattomic
me too, im gonna stick. but remember other members would of picked good teams too.

im not even gonna say where i am gonna finish, because i have no idea

Well they're gonna have to, just to compete with me stick out tongue

Mattomic
Well they're gonna have to, just to compete with me stick out tongue

By the way, this is just banter, I am shitting myself really, don't wanna finish bottom stick out tongue

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Pussy.

Deano
krunk is having sleepless nights over this tournament. i think he should spare his blushes and just quit this league right nowstick out tongue

Mattomic
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Pussy.

Stop being such a pussy!!!

Victor Von Doom
If I could've had the England starting eleven, I wudda done stick out tongue

I think the World Cup went some way to showing that the English players in the Premiership are assisted greatly by their foreign counterparts.

Deano
the world cup showed that we coudlnt play as a team. unfortunetly

DigiMark007
Hrm. This will have 3rd billing of my 3 fantasy leagues (the other 2 are american football and 1 is for money) but I still hope to keep up with it.

I'm slightly worried about my team being known. I tried to find out a few things, but probably have some duds lining the roster as well.

So Go Chelsea! If they do well, roughly a third of my team will do well too, but given their talent I suppose it's not a bad basket to put all of my eggs in.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I want to see who other people have chosen. When do we get to gander?

Also, have we reached an agreement not to transfer players outside of the official transfer window?

Deano
on the first day of the premiership season i think you can see other players teams

El_NINO
I have not agreed to stop making changes after the transfer window closes. Why? because this is based on points made by individual players. If we were to have chosen lets say 1 team example Arsenal than I can agree to it because I wouldnt be making the transfers... Arsenal would be.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
I want to see who other people have chosen. When do we get to gander?

Also, have we reached an agreement not to transfer players outside of the official transfer window?

He just wants to look at my team and casually masturbate.

Deano
if he saw my team he would have an orgasm that would shake the world.

then he would probably resign from the league because he realizes that his team is vastly inferior to minesmile

Mattomic
Then he would see my team and just spontaneously combust from the sheer sexiness of how good my team are, he'd just explode his load all over his bedroom and beyond, then die from the excitement of such a great sight (my team) and then ofcourse he would be rendered unable to be a part of the league stick out tongue

El_NINO
He would die if he saw my team......

die of laughter because my team is no good laughing out loud

Mattomic
It makes me laugh ya know, we're all here praising our teams, saying how good they are (bar El_Nino and Digimark 007) and our teams will end up flopping!!!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>