Who has the best mutant power(movie &comics)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rox
personally i think

1.wolverine
2.magento
3.professor x

Kaos sebaceous
rogue

jasofisc
xman/cable the possiblities are endless with that much psy power.

rox
what about nightcrawler

pr1983
If you were gonna be a hero Colossus'd be cool... imagine watching the crooks piss themselves in fear when you turn into a 2 ton wall of pain...

For everyday stuff... Xavier's are good... there's alot you could do with telepathy...

rox
i think mystique's powers would be good for getting out of tight spots

Darth Martin
1.Nightcrawler
2.Colossus
3.Wolverine
4.Shadowcat
5.Magneto
6.Professor X

The Pict
Storm's power is pretty cool

rox
^ but i would be very scared of having her powers cuz i would have to keep attitude in check

Me & SJ
Cyclops & Jean

Phoenix Forever
Jean Grey Forever!!

lilnutta12
1.living monolith
2.magneto
3.quicksilver
4.xavier
5.phoenix
6.holocaust
7.the list goes on until about 60

Icicle
I personaly think Kitty Pryde has the best power, I mean who wouldn't want to phase through stuff smile I also like Pietro and Kurts powers.

Darth Vegas
Magneto by far.

For sheer fun value, I'd say Nightcrawler and Quicksilver.

GalacticStorm
Phoenix. Hands down. The avatars are referred to on panel as the "ultimate mutation" for a reason. smile

rox
i forgot emma. i would like turing my skin into indestructible diamond and being a telepath

jdea
1. Storm
2. Phoenix
3. Magneto
4. Mystique
5. Nightcrawler

Omega-level
The Scarlet Witch, i mean nothing beats creating your own reality!

EDIT: Wait, Franklin Richards create his own universe! That beats everything.

rox
oh leech

Alfheim
Do you remember this guy in X factor who had the ability to counter any mutant power. I have forgotten his name.

Alfheim
Originally posted by rox
i forgot emma. i would like turing my skin into indestructible diamond and being a telepath

Is that what she can do now? These mutants are starting to get too pwerful!

masterkit
Of Course I want to say storm, but id go with regular jean, but storm is runner up after her

allofyousuckkk
This depends on if we are in the mutant world. For example, what help would Rogue's power really be if we were in the normal world, as
I have dubbed it. But, pretending I was in the X-men world, it would be:

1. Professor X (why would someone say magneto when he has power over metal and anything else)
2. Rogue
3. Colossus
4. Shadowcat (although I reallyn wouldn't need this if I had colossus's power)
5. Mystique
6. A tie between Sunfire and Iceman

rox
i admit maggie is overrated

Kaos sebaceous
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
This depends on if we are in the mutant world. For example, what help would Rogue's power really be if we were in the normal world, as
I have dubbed it. But, pretending I was in the X-men world, it would be:

1. Professor X (why would someone say magneto when he has power over metal and anything else)
2. Rogue
3. Colossus
4. Shadowcat (although I reallyn wouldn't need this if I had colossus's power)
5. Mystique
6. A tie between Sunfire and Iceman

the professer is only telepathic if he was telekinetic too dont you think he would use that to fly instead of rolling around in a wheelchair

Captain_WV
magneto bay far, master of magnetism, IMO i would love to be able to control all metal

Xam
yup

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Captain_WV
magneto bay far, master of magnetism, IMO i would love to be able to control all metal

Thats far too limited. With high level telekinesis, you could control all matter and energy.

Lord Tyranus
Pyro has the coolest use of power. He manages to cause so much destruction with only the ability to control fire. What most don't understand about him is that he does not need a continuous source of flame (shame on X-Men Evolution for making everyone think he needs a continuous stream to use his power, or else Pyro would have punk'd wolverine badly) and that he can also increase the heat degree (intensity) of the flame. All he needs is a quick light and he can maintain it on his own.

batdude123
I like Magneto's powers.

Lord Tyranus
Originally posted by batdude123
I like Magneto's powers.

Pyro and Magneto teaming up in X-3 was the best part of the movie...

batdude123
Originally posted by Lord Tyranus
Pyro and Magneto teaming up in X-3 was the best part of the movie...

Yeah, Magneto is my favorite mutant next to Wolverine.

batdude123
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Thats far too limited. With high level telekinesis, you could control all matter and energy.

It's not just control of metal. He has the COMPLETE control over the entire electromagnetic spectrum. You know, one of the four primal forces in the universe?

batdude123
I love this scan. Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/2629/magdrawslifeenergy8et.jpg

Yeah, that's Mags owning Pheonix. no expression

Phoenix Forever
In my opinion Jean Grey has the Best Mutant power ever!

Akira99
I'd have Jean Grey's and do anything I could thinl of minus the dual personality phoenix complex. Then no-one would ever piss me off again

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Omega-level
The Scarlet Witch, i mean nothing beats creating your own reality!

EDIT: Wait, Franklin Richards create his own universe! That beats everything.

Scarlet Witch can warp her own reality, plus as far as we were shown and told on panel the scale was just global.

Franklin Richards can create his own POCKET universes. I.e theyre temporary dimensions which in no way compare in scale and complexity to an actual universe.

The Phoenix Force is the spark that spawns universes and its avatars have been shown manipulating entire realities in the palm of their hand as if they were nothing.

That beats SW or Franklin Richards hands down! wink

Phoenix Forever
i read in one of the x-men comics that the professor was in the danger and it said he had telikenesis and he said he was working on it so he didn't have to use his wheel chair he would use it to walk...

bitca730
Storm
Mystique
Scarlet Witch
Magneto
Colossus
Shadocat

I think their powers are pretty awesome!

Flavio
i'd go with Jean and Storm. Logan's is quite nice too.

rox
i wonder how far wanda' s reality warping powers go

Elixir_Scorpion
I would pic Rogue because she has no limits to what she can do becuase she can use any power.

ArmsHeldOut
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Scarlet Witch can warp her own reality, plus as far as we were shown and told on panel the scale was just global.

Franklin Richards can create his own POCKET universes. I.e theyre temporary dimensions which in no way compare in scale and complexity to an actual universe.

The Phoenix Force is the spark that spawns universes and its avatars have been shown manipulating entire realities in the palm of their hand as if they were nothing.

That beats SW or Franklin Richards hands down! wink

On the contrary, a "pocket universe is a cosmos which does not equal our own in size." By no means does this make it temporary. Nonetheless, just the notion of a small child subconsciously creating his own universe populated with living creatures, including Galactus and The Silver Surfer is unimaginable. Furthermore, we still have not seen the full extent of Franklin Richard's psionic abilities. He's a baby and is only getting started. Just to put things into perspective, the omnipotent Celestials themselves (Phoenix who?) consider Franklin to be on par with them and Mephisto (The Devil himself) actually fears the boy with good reason, as Richards dispersed Mephisto's essence on two occassions!

Remember, the Phoenix Force (despite being immeasurably powerful) is an alien entity (not a mutant).

stick out tongue

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by ArmsHeldOut
On the contrary, a "pocket universe is a cosmos which does not equal our own in size." By no means does this make it temporary. Nonetheless, just the notion of a small child subconsciously creating his own universe populated with living creatures, including Galactus and The Silver Surfer is unimaginable. Furthermore, we still have not seen the full extent of Franklin Richard's psionic abilities. He's a baby and is only getting started. Just to put things into perspective, the omnipotent Celestials themselves (Phoenix who?) consider Franklin to be on par with them and Mephisto (The Devil himself) actually fears the boy with good reason, as Richards dispersed Mephisto's essence on two occassions!

Remember, the Phoenix Force (despite being immeasurably powerful) is an alien entity (not a mutant).

stick out tongue

Theyre temporary in that they last as long as their creator wills them to. They are not standard universes and dont go through the same life cycle.

Yes the Celestials consider that a full potential Franklin Richards will equate to them, but the Phoenix Force is leagues beyond the Celestials so im puzzled by your Phoenix who comment. wink

The Phoenix Force is the power behind the Big Bang, you know the thing that actually makes a universe.

http://f5.putfile.com/5/13616261699-thumb.jpg

http://f5.putfile.com/7/18210411882-thumb.jpg

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/9/26111214624.jpg

Abstracts like Eternity are reflections of the universe, they came into existence AFTER the universe was born embodying its concepts. The Phoenix is the life force that makes reality possible and in its totality is beyond any universal force, be it Eternity or the Celestials. Franklin Richards who? confused

As for your comment pertaining to the Phoenix Force not being a mutant, well you're right in a fashion, however as per current continuity its avatars are mutants. It is stated that to be a Phoenix avatar is the endpoint of evolution, "the ultimate mutation" (New X-men) So being an avatar is a form of mutation so having Phoenix potential counts as a power im afraid.

Just to list some of the feats a Phoenix avatar has done:

Contained the multiversal power of the M'kraan crystal

Casually snipped away the universes future putting it on its death bed

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/9/25811295795.jpg

Controlling the 616 universes atomic structure from within the palm of their hand

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/9/25812370174.jpg

See that little glowing ball in Jeans hand? Thats the universe smile

GalacticStorm
To be a Phoenix is a mutation. The "ultimate mutation".

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/9/26616072816.jpg

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/9/26616072854.jpg

Phoenixes possess amongst other talents "telekinetic godhood" the power to manipulate virtually unlimited matter and energy at a sub atomic level. With that power you could create any energy, any matter, possess any power you wished. Jean is shown demonstrating control of the entire universes atomic structure. Its like putty in the palm of her hand. That is the ultimate mutant power. She isnt simply warping reality like Wanda or Franklin into something more desirable. The very substance of reality is hers to manipulate and determine, she is one with the Force whose power spawned reality.

Darth Kreiger
Rogue, she gets any power.

Coolness way, Nightcrawler, Magneto, Iceman

Kal875
Pheonix looks like the ultimate power but, she was defeated

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Kal875
Pheonix looks like the ultimate power but, she was defeated

Never through lack of power or ability, but through plot device, thats the crux of the matter.

bl4cK_Dr46oN_17
Originally posted by jdea
1. Storm
2. Phoenix
3. Magneto
4. Mystique
5. Nightcrawler

i agree thumb up yes

PhoenixPhury14
The Phoenix....

Except for the whole not being able to control it thing....that's pure suck-age.

stormlover
STORM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darth Macabre
Either Gambit at full power or Magneto.

boriquaking55
Elixir - it's a great idea and I would use it to help people in need.

starlock
id say Phoenix

argesilen
1.Elixir
2.Phoenix
3.Magneto
4.Vulcan
5.Darwin or Storm

Grimm22
Ultimate Quicksilver yes

He's faster than 616 Quicksilver and his costume isnt nearly as stupid

Sub_Mariner
The Channel changing kid, could get some people in trouble with that. big grin

God of Comics

Ridley_Prime
Huh.. Although that was kind of a random bump, good to have another Apocalypse fan around. smile

CATMANEXE
Mimic

Genosha
Originally posted by God of Comics
APOCALYPSE!!!!!!!!
Thanks smile I've always wondered what exactly big A's powers were. smile

A lot of you are sayign what your fav mutant is, but not your favorite power...but isn't there a thread for that already??

time travel would be fun.

The Big O
i'd have to say Storm, Rogue, Jean, Scarlet Witch, Leech, Gambit, Nightcrawler, Emma's diamond form, Cyclops just for the heck of it, Wolvie's healing, Bishop, Sage, Cannonball, Iceman, maybe Mags, Avalanche, Sunfire, Quicksilver, Dust, David Alleyne, maybe Elixir, Wallflower, Jubilee, Moonstar, Tempo, Synch, Husk, Shadowcat, Colossus. they all have some awesome powers. and that's just to name a few.

CadoAngelus
jean gray - because she's the only level 5 mutant (apart from pheonix, who's the same person)

gambit - i always thought gambit was awesome, not seen the new film yet, so cant comment on that rendition

wolverine - always loved him

multiple-man - thought he was pretty funny, entertaining

wannabe
Originally posted by CadoAngelus
jean gray - because she's the only level 5 mutant (apart from pheonix, who's the same person)
Let me guess; you only saw the X-Men movies. wink

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by wannabe
Let me guess; you only saw the X-Men movies. wink

no actually...i'm not very clued up on x-men but i did watch the x-men tv show (aired about mid late nineties) and i've read a couple comics too...lol

jdea
1-Storm (magna-ultimate-awesomeness---mother nature at one's finger tips, the array of abilities, plus not being affected by the weather... heaven)
2-Mystique (suma-awesomeness---you can be anyone(.))
3-Marvel Girl (awesomeness--telepahty and telekinesis ulitmate nosey-ness and laziness)

Mshinu
Selene got a nice package of powers

Immortality trough draining life force
Make drained people her slaves
Absorb memories
Increase her physical attributes to superhuman levels
Burts of super speed
Telekinesis, animate objects
Undetectable trough telepathy
Manipulate fire
Pretty much immune to injuty

ekie0
Bishop

stormultt
pssh w/e storms powers pwns all others XDD and we still dont know her true potential HAHA id take her powers anyday

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by stormultt
pssh w/e storms powers pwns all others XDD and we still dont know her true potential HAHA id take her powers anyday

I'd like to see the day her powers own Apocalypse or Magneto. I'd glady take those over hers.

Mshinu
We don`t know Magneto`s full potential either. He may very well be an Omega.

wannabe
Originally posted by Mshinu
We don`t know Magneto`s full potential either. He may very well be an Omega. I guess Xavier, McTaggart, Sinister, Apoc or Magneto himself would have noticed that by now.
He is, like Xavier, a very powerful mutant, but he's not an omega.

Mshinu
I guess Xavier, McTaggart, Sinister, Apoc or Magneto himself would have noticed that by now.
He is, like Xavier, a very powerful mutant, but he's not an omega.

Even all those are suprised by Mags at times like when he created the wormhole. Concidering he has been shown able to exist without a physical body, has vast power connected to a base universal force and no flaws, Omega-ism is not that unlikely.

wannabe
Even all those are suprised by Mags at times like when he created the wormhole. Concidering he has been shown able to exist without a physical body, has vast power connected to a base universal force and no flaws, Omega-ism is not that unlikely.
But determining whether one is an omega or not is just a matter of a DNA-scan. Sure, as i said, Mags is very powerful, but he's never been declared an omega mutant by any of the leading experts for genetics and mutants despite the fact that it's rather easy to find out and Mags has been examined numerous times by any of them.

Mshinu
But determining whether one is an omega or not is just a matter of a DNA-scan.

Is it really? I thought the term has never been truly defined as to what makes an omega or not.

wannabe
Is it really? I thought the term has never been truly defined as to what makes an omega or not.
Well, Xavier defines the term as a genetically determined unlimited potential, and he and Beast don't seem to have problems sorting out omegas without them having to actually show their full potential (Marvel Girl (Jean), Iceman, Elixir, etc.)

Placidity
I'm confused on the purpose of the topic. Someone explain please... messed

Does the OP mean "best" as in the coolest, most powerful or what?

Also, are we limited to characters that appear in both the movies and comics?

wannabe

Mshinu
Well, Xavier defines the term as a genetically determined unlimited potential, and he and Beast don't seem to have problems sorting out omegas without them having to actually show their full potential (Marvel Girl (Jean), Iceman, Elixir, etc.)

Even Xavier and Beast does not know i all, there have been mutants they are familiar who have suddenly showed omega level powers like Gambit and Wanda. That they can detect the ultimate potential in some does not mean all are that easy. Also this more or less consistent use of the term is a fairly recent thing in the x-verse and was not present when Magneto was examined.

Xavier has also said he suspects there is nothing Magneto can`t do. Hovever I don`t think Marvel will confirm him as an Omega, a really powerful foe with possible unlimited potential works better.

Mshinu

wannabe
Even Xavier and Beast does not know i all, there have been mutants they are familiar who have suddenly showed omega level powers like Gambit and Wanda. That they can detect the ultimate potential in some does not mean all are that easy. Also this more or less consistent use of the term is a fairly recent thing in the x-verse and was not present when Magneto was examined.
In retrospective Xavier already defined the term back when he recruited the original X-Men, beyond i know what you mean.

Xavier has also said he suspects there is nothing Magneto can`t do.
Similar things have been said about Xavier too. Him being the most powerful telepath, which we know is not true, Eric pointing out Charles could easily dominate the whole world, which we know is not true, etc. Don't take that "he's invincible, she's allmighty, it's indestructible" talk too seriously, it's mostly hyperbole to push a character or to underline his prowess, current feat and meaning for a story, even when the character indeed IS very powerful.

Hovever I don`t think Marvel will confirm him as an Omega, a really powerful foe with possible unlimited potential works better.
confused Confirming him as an omega would mean having "a really powerful foe with possible unlimited potential", so what is it you actually wan't to say?

Mshinu
confused Confirming him as an omega would mean having "a really powerful foe with possible unlimited potential", so what is it you actually wan't to say?

I am saying confirmed omegas who reach high power levels spend most of their time either depowered, trapped in another dimension or being dead. Magneto (and Xavier) are easier storywise to keep around if they are kept a notch below this.

wannabe
I am saying confirmed omegas who reach high power levels spend most of their time either depowered, trapped in another dimension or being dead. Magneto (and Xavier) are easier storywise to keep around if they are kept a notch below this.
I concur. Also it would be rather boring to declare one powerful mutant after another being an omega, there are too many already imo. It never got to me what people find so damn "interesting" about those uber powerful characters. To me the closer they get to being "allmighty" the more boring they get.

Mshinu
I concur. Also it would be rather boring to declare one powerful mutant after another being an omega, there are too many already imo. It never got to me what people find so damn "interesting" about those uber powerful characters. To me the closer they get to being "allmighty" the more boring they get.

Wich brings us back to the topic at hand. "Best" is obviously not neccecarily the same as powerful, tho some will disagree.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.