What was wrong with Jack the monkey?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sccch
Why do you think he was takeing things of Jack's like his hat,then tossed it in the ocean?

Jackyhehe
Maybe out of habit or something. Or maybe because Jack 'killed' his master, Barbossa. Haha!

LovelyOne
was a symbol showing that Jack the monkey doesn't think Jack the man deserves to be captain..he thinks the rightful captain of the Pearl is Barbossa.

bio213
Or the monkey know about the Kraken. That was coming for Jack.

ESB -1138
Or Jack just doesn't like Jack; after all Jack does shoot Jack a lot.

lady_captinjack
haha true

sccch
laughing

LovelyOne
lol its lliek BAH take that haha!

jessigem
because he's a mischievous little monkey. big grin

Syren
I think it's more likely that the monkey thinks Barbossa is the true captain; notice how well-behaved he is when Tia releases him in her hut? He knows Barbossa is there.

Kal875
Guys come on your coming up with all these great answeres but you have to ask yourself, what would you do if you were a monkey hanging around w/ Jack Sparrow.

Throw his most beloved items into the sea and do whatever you can to tick him off because hey what the hell, you cant die

Syren
laughing out loud Good point... but I do seem to recall that the 'cursed undead' may not have been able to die, but they could certainly feel pain. Why would the monkey cause himself undue pain just to annoy Jack? Something doesn't correlate here... the monkey gets blown to pieces by Jack on multiple occasions, couldn't he feel that?

Kal875
I dont remember evr reading anything about the undead feeling pain. Barbosa didnt even flinch when Jack Shot Him and all the undead did incredible stuff which would be painful if anybody else did it, are you keeping up with this? lol

Syren
I read it on Wikipedia today, actually. That's where I got my info from. I don't make things up and yes, I'm keeping up with things fine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Pearl

After this, the crew made their way to Isla de Muerta where they found a chest of Aztec gold coins, which the crew quickly frittered away on food, drinks and prostitutes. What they did not realize at the time was the coins were cursed which affected anyone who took a coin from the chest. Those who did became undead, unable to die or feel anything pleasurable, although they could still feel pain. Moonlight revealed the true form of the pirates: hideous walking skeletons with traces of flesh still on their body. They only way possible for they crew to die is if their entire bodies were completly disconnected (mainly the head). Even the Pearl herself appeared to be affected by the curse: her sails became black and tattered yet still seemed to function, and she was constantly surrounded by fog.

jessigem
that sucks that they could feel pain but they couldn't feel anything pleasurable.

sccch
Well, he might have been feeling pleasure taking Jack's things.

jessigem
i don't think that's the kind of pleasure they're talking about in the article. and that's like evil pleasure(more like satisfaction)

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by Kal875
I dont remember evr reading anything about the undead feeling pain. Barbosa didnt even flinch when Jack Shot Him and all the undead did incredible stuff which would be painful if anybody else did it, are you keeping up with this? lol

This is true - remember Barboosa tells her he hasn't been able to fill up, or fill a woman's touch, "I feel nothing" he tells her - and remember he doesn't taste the green apple...But ironically, when the 2 crazy pirates were chasing Elizabeth in the Governor's house - she drops the hot coals from the bed warmer onto Wooden Eyes head and he screams that it burns....so I think Disney contradicted itself on that. Maybe it was just Barboosa couldn't feel the pain since he was the one that instigated the mutiny of the Black Pearl.

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by Syren
I read it on Wikipedia today, actually. That's where I got my info from. I don't make things up and yes, I'm keeping up with things fine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Pearl

After this, the crew made their way to Isla de Muerta where they found a chest of Aztec gold coins, which the crew quickly frittered away on food, drinks and prostitutes. What they did not realize at the time was the coins were cursed which affected anyone who took a coin from the chest. Those who did became undead, unable to die or feel anything pleasurable, although they could still feel pain. Moonlight revealed the true form of the pirates: hideous walking skeletons with traces of flesh still on their body. They only way possible for they crew to die is if their entire bodies were completly disconnected (mainly the head). Even the Pearl herself appeared to be affected by the curse: her sails became black and tattered yet still seemed to function, and she was constantly surrounded by fog.

Gottcha - that explains why if they were hit or shot or had hot coals dropped on them they could feel it - they just couldn't enjoy life's pleasures - like food, drink, women....

ESB -1138
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
This is true - remember Barboosa tells her he hasn't been able to fill up, or fill a woman's touch, "I feel nothing" he tells her - and remember he doesn't taste the green apple...But ironically, when the 2 crazy pirates were chasing Elizabeth in the Governor's house - she drops the hot coals from the bed warmer onto Wooden Eyes head and he screams that it burns....so I think Disney contradicted itself on that. Maybe it was just Barboosa couldn't feel the pain since he was the one that instigated the mutiny of the Black Pearl.

Or Barbossa was use to being stabbed or something. Remember he was captain and cursed for about a decade or so.

Kal875
I think by "they feel pain" mean that they feel it emotionally

LovelyOne
Originally posted by jessigem
i don't think that's the kind of pleasure they're talking about in the article. and that's like evil pleasure(more like satisfaction)

pleasue means sex

Kal875
I do love sex

Syren
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
Gottcha - that explains why if they were hit or shot or had hot coals dropped on them they could feel it - they just couldn't enjoy life's pleasures - like food, drink, women....

Exactly right, I think everyone's getting a little confused. Disney didn't contradict themselves, they played it out well.

The curse wouldn't have been quite as bad if the undead were literally unable to feel anything at all; feeling pain but not being able to die must be hideous, especially since they couldn't console themselves with life's pleasures. But say they were unable to feel any pain either, they'd be invincible and that'd make up, at least a little, for being doomed for eternity.

So I think it's right, they could feel pain. Using the example of when Liz dropped the hot coals on the pirates chasing her.

jessigem
ugh i know that. i was saying they ARE talking about sexual pleasure, NOT the kind of pleasure you get out of taking something from someone you don't like(evil pleasure).

LovelyOne
ugh i know that. i was saying they ARE talking about sexual pleasure, NOT the kind of pleasure you get out of taking something from someone you don't like(evil pleasure).

pleasue means sex

.... laughing out loud

jessigem
didn't i JUST SAY that i knew that?! geez.

anyways. i just saw the commentary from kiera and jack davenport in POTC1, and kiera said she didn't like the monkey because it kept on messing up the shots. she also said they had to keep squirting it with a water pistol to make it look at the camera. kinda sad, really. even if it did mess up the shots, how could you resist the cuteness of that monkey? especially when it smiles after barbossa says "we named the monkey jack."big grin

LovelyOne
didn't i JUST SAY that i knew that?! geez.

anyways. i just saw the commentary from kiera and jack davenport in POTC1, and kiera said she didn't like the monkey because it kept on messing up the shots. she also said they had to keep squirting it with a water pistol to make it look at the camera. kinda sad, really. even if it did mess up the shots, how could you resist the cuteness of that monkey? especially when it smiles after barbossa says "we named the monkey jack."big grin

Yes you did..but just remember..pleasure MEANS sex... rolling on floor laughing

Ok I'll stop now embarrasment

jessigem
good. big grin

sccch
OK!! Lets get off that topic!

ladygrim
Originally posted by Syren
I think it's more likely that the monkey thinks Barbossa is the true captain; notice how well-behaved he is when Tia releases him in her hut? He knows Barbossa is there.

Yeah thats along the lines of what i would say

jessigem
barbossa is his daddy big grin

sccch
barbossa is his daddy big grin
hysterical

jessigem
i'm serious no expression no expression
. .
. . .
. . . .

Bwa Ha Ha
........... its a tree!

Gravitation
Why do you bring up dead threads?

Bwa Ha Ha
why not?

IheartPocky
... the questions have been answered... the topics have been discussed...

THEY DIED FOR A REASON!!!!!!!!!!

But whatever...

Gravitation
^ yeah

Bwa Ha Ha
well then lets discuss new topics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.