H. P. Lovecraft... Greatest author EVER!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

I_am_Melkor
Has anyone here ever heard of him?
-sound of crickets is heard in the background-
...Okay! If you haven't heard of him, SHAME ON YOU! He's been described as the 20th century successor to Edgar Allen Poe as the master of weird fiction. His books are mostly about a mythology that he created, but there are other stories about different things.
my personnal favorite story is called "The Call Of Cthulhu", and I recommend him to anyone who likes Edgar Allen Poe or Mary Shelley.

Azure
I know this is random and no one knows me, but my goal is to spread the word.......there will be a Dragonlance movie in 2007! (don't bother flaming me, because will most likely never see it)

R.F.
They will?!?!?!? Do you know when? I heard a rumor, but my sources are unreliable... I hope to see it the first day it comes out! ...Wait... Based on which book(s)? ...I hope it's Chronicles... ...Or Legends...

Thanks for telling me!

Wolfie
I really like the Cthulhu RPG. I should check out the book.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/227622

pumas79
for anyone who is a big fan of HP then check out an author called Brian lumley, he has done a lot of books/stories based on HP's stories,

R.F.
There's an RPG? I never knew that...
I've heard of Brian Lumley, but I've never read anything of his.

big gay kirk
"Call of Cthulhu" the RPG... published for at least 20 years by the Chaosium.... one of the best rpgs ever... Pagan Publishing also do a lot for it.... the Delta Green campaign background is excellent, as is "Horror on the Orient Express..." myfirst Lovecraft story was "The Outsider," my favourite probably "At the Mountains of Madness..."

Gregory
"Jews jews jews negroes lesser race Cthulhu can't describe we're all ****ed eldritcheldritcheldritch the Nexronomonicon"

There, now you don't have to read Lovecraft.

R.F.
What the hell was that all about?

Gregory
If I told you, it would drive you insane. Sorry. But hey, if you like Lovecraft for some reason, you should read The Willows, by Algernon Blackwood. Lovecraft was a big fan of Blackwood, the story has Lovecraftian themes, and, best of all, you can find it online for free.

Personally, I don't like Lovecraft. Can't write dialogue, can't write female characters, extremely racist, far to verbose, and his stories are all pretty similar. But to each his own, I guess. Did you know that Lovecraft's stories are all also available online, by the way? Right here

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.