Need info from you Final Fantasy people

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sai1
I just finished with FFX and before I dicide whether or not to waste my time with FFX2, read the follwing gripes I have with FFX and tell me what things havn't changed in FFX2.

The battle system is no fun at all. As long as you just attack with the right person, most things die in one hit. There's even less of a challenge because there's a save point around every corner. I like the while random battle schematic but FFX goes way overboard. Battles come up every 5 - 10 seconds. I'm sorry but the story just isn't very compeling either and the story is the one thing I figured I could look forward to. Got a little interesting towrds the very end. And there are cut scenes every freaking 10 minutes! Im sitting there rolling my eye's half paying attention. I've never done that before. I'm not kidding I think half the the 60 hours I put in this game was watching cut scenes. Everyone only uses only two pieces of equipment.... Gil was pretty much pointless excepet for when you very seldomly came across someone selling a weapon with a rare attribute. My god this is the most linear RPG I've ever played. There is only one path and you cant diverge from it. Literally and figuratively! You can go back to old places either until you get to the very end of the game. You can't even change camera angles. This has got to be the first FF where there isnt even a overworld map to travel though! Worst use of the Airship ever. It seems like they are so desperate to invent some new way to level up every time. This Shpere grid is the most annoying yet...

That about sums it up I think. So how close is FFX2 to this. And also since FFXI and the rest are supposed to be on-line, are they any fun just single player?

Sai1
opps. It would seem i posted this in the wrong forum accidentally. Ignore.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.