Wicked/Son of a Witch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Phantom
Two of my favorite books. The book Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West explains the life of a misunderstood girl named Elphaba who grows up to be known as the Wicked Witch of the West. An awesome book which I highly recommend to anyone over the age of sixteen because there is adult language, adult content, and suggestive items.

Son of a Witch is the sequel to the book Wicked, telling about Elphaba's (the Wicked Witch of the West) "unsure son" (meaning no ones really sure if he is Elphaba's son or not because he isn't green, but know one knows where he came from and he has always been with Elphaba. A sheer mystery), Liir, and his life on finding his half sister Nor which leads to different things such as meeting Elphaba's brother who becomes emporer of Oz, a Quadling girl who gets impregnanted with his daughter, and a council of Birds. Another highly recommended book after you read Wicked and it is recommended once more for adult language, adult content, and suggestive items.

Azure
I know this is random and no one knows me, but my goal is to spread the word.......there will be a Dragonlance movie in 2007! (don't bother flaming me, because will most likely never see it)

The Phantom
Originally posted by Azure
I know this is random and no one knows me, but my goal is to spread the word.......there will be a Dragonlance movie in 2007! (don't bother flaming me, because will most likely never see it) Don't waste my thread on Wicked for this. I like Dragonlance and all (as you see in the threads), but you shouldn't go into threads and saying that. Can piss people off.

R.F.
My cousin saw the 'Wicked' play on stage when it came near him, and he loved it! I have been meaning to read the book, but I can't find it...

The Phantom
Originally posted by R.F.
My cousin saw the 'Wicked' play on stage when it came near him, and he loved it! I have been meaning to read the book, but I can't find it... That's quite a surprise. I keep seeing it when I go into a bookstore. The flipping book is stalking me man!

R.F.
Huh... That's odd... I've seen it only once, but I didn't know about it at the time... Now I wish I had gotten it...

The Phantom
Originally posted by R.F.
Huh... That's odd... I've seen it only once, but I didn't know about it at the time... Now I wish I had gotten it... Search again or just order off of BarnesandNoble.com. You can get it that way. Trust me, it is really good.

R.F.
Thanks! I didn't even think of trying the internet!

The Phantom
Information I never noticed before on the Wicked Cycle (as the series as so called now). The third book is currently being written, entitled "A Cowardly War" in which the "Cowardly" Lion is one of the key characters. The book, as far as I've researched, has no set date but because Wikipedia has it under 2007 novels, my guess is 2007.

Bardock42
Son of a witch, hahahahahahaha

The Phantom
Originally posted by Bardock42
Son of a witch, hahahahahahaha Your the five-hundredth person to do that...

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Son of a Witch, hahahahahahahaha!

The Phantom
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Son of a Witch, hahahahahahahaha! Originally posted by The Phantom
Your the five-hundredth person to do that...

Ya Krunk'd Floo
How can I be the five-hundreth person to do that? I thought Bardock was, or are we not counting him anymore because he's so puny and insignificant?

The Phantom
How can I be the five-hundreth person to do that? I thought Bardock was, or are we not counting him anymore because he's so puny and insignificant? Who cares. Don't go off topic in here please. No one talking is better than people going off topic if you ask me.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
The Phantom, what do you think is better: no-one talks, or people go off topic?

I'd be interested to know.

Bardock42
Originally posted by The Phantom
Your the five-hundredth person to do that...

I doubt that, it is so immensely obvious that thousands probably thought of it...

Also...Floo would have to be the five hundred and first...at least...cause he is gay, he doesn't get even numbers.

Also, what do you think: Is it better that no one talks or that people go off-topic?

Oh, and "you're"

Strangelove
Originally posted by Azure
I know this is random and no one knows me, but my goal is to spread the word.......there will be a Dragonlance movie in 2007! (don't bother flaming me, because will most likely never see it) You're an idiot

The Phantom
I doubt that, it is so immensely obvious that thousands probably thought of it...

Also...Floo would have to be the five hundred and first...at least...cause he is gay, he doesn't get even numbers.

Also, what do you think: Is it better that no one talks or that people go off-topic?

Oh, and "you're" Better no one talks. But I'd take the third choice of people talking on topic. Really people, these are good books.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Better no one talks. But I'd take the third choice of people talking on topic. Really people, these are good books.

Hmm, interesting...What about if people talk about not talking? What is your opinion on that?

The Phantom
Hmm, interesting...What about if people talk about not talking? What is your opinion on that? Can you just stop being off topic, k? Make your own thread for that in the OTF.

.Dance_Inside.
I'm almost finished reading 'Wicked'
it is so far really good, I'll probably read Son of a Witch, after!

Yumcarrots
I read Wicked, then saw the musical. I'm confused because the musical is meant to be based on/around the book, but the two seem to vary quite a lot. Anyhoo, once I'd gotten into it, I thought Wicked was a really cool book.

My boyfriend is currently reading son of a witch, I'll steal it off him once he's finished with it.

Bardock42
Son of a Witch....hahahahah, soo funny.

The Phantom
Originally posted by Yumcarrots
I read Wicked, then saw the musical. I'm confused because the musical is meant to be based on/around the book, but the two seem to vary quite a lot. Anyhoo, once I'd gotten into it, I thought Wicked was a really cool book.

My boyfriend is currently reading son of a witch, I'll steal it off him once he's finished with it. That's kinda why I don't like the musical. It doesn't really follow the book much (I haven't seen it but I've listened to the soundtrack and I can basically tell what the story by that after listening to it enough times (over 50 @.@).

Can't wait for A Cowardly War! big grin

Bardock42
That's kinda why I don't like the musical.

I can basically tell what the story by that after listening to it enough times (over 50 @.@).

God, where is floo when I can't deal with the endless amount of absurdities anymore.

Wicked Elphie
God, where is floo when I can't deal with the endless amount of absurdities anymore.

Ignorance is a valuable skill

That's kinda why I don't like the musical. It doesn't really follow the book much (I haven't seen it but I've listened to the soundtrack and I can basically tell what the story by that after listening to it enough times (over 50 @.@).

Can't wait for A Cowardly War! big grin

The soundtrack doesn't have all the songs from the musical on it.
The musical is quite good (first musical I've ever seen), but Fiyero being the scarecrow and Boq being the tinwood man doesn't really work, and there's no mention of Liir in it sad

Can't wait to read son of a witch. From what my boyfriend's said about it, it sounds quite interesting.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Wicked Elphie

I am sorry, I don't have it.

The Phantom
God, where is floo when I can't deal with the endless amount of absurdities anymore. Would you like me to explain? I use to like it. But after reading Wicked (the book) and listening to the soundtrack so many times while I read the book, I grew tired of it and found it more annoying than I did before. Personally, the only redeeming quality of the show now is the fact that they have an amazing set.Originally posted by Wicked Elphie

The soundtrack doesn't have all the songs from the musical on it.
The musical is quite good (first musical I've ever seen), but Fiyero being the scarecrow and Boq being the tinwood man doesn't really work, and there's no mention of Liir in it sad

Can't wait to read son of a witch. From what my boyfriend's said about it, it sounds quite interesting. Agreed. I listened to the soundtrack before I quite got that far into the book, so I thought certain things that were going to happen... didn't because of the musical. And if they put Liir in the musical, it would just make people want to attempt a sequel, which I can't see any real onstage musical doing. Grease may have had a second to it, but it didn't have a second onstage musical to it.

And trust me, Son of a Witch is amazing. Very well written.

Lana
I'm reading Wicked right now, nearly finished with it in fact. It's a great book, but I don't think it's nearly as adult as most people claim it is.

I haven't seen the musical yet but a few of my friends (who have all read the book) have and say it's excellent.

Wonder_Woman56
I saw the Musical first then read the book
talk about total opposites!
I mean the only thing that was the same
was that Elphaba was green!!!!

oakling
I saw a bit of the musical on Ugly Betty and it looked TERRIBLE. Talk about a waste of their promotional dollars. I wanted to see it before that, but now...! I liked Wicked, but I find something about his writing style disturbing. Fascinatingly disturbing. I haven't explored his books past Wicked and the Stepsister one because they are so off-putting... despite being so well-written... but someday maybe!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.