Ion vs. Anyone and Everyone (most powerful superhero of all time)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jarlaxle
Im thinking that Ion may be the most powerful superhero ever in the comicbook universe, and could probably take on every other superhero ever...According to DC Spectre used to be their most powerful superhero...then Parallax came along, and was more powerful than even spectre....But they also have said that Ion would be far far more powerful than Parallax. Ion is described as being part of the fabric of the universe...And having trans-godlike powers...Here are the list of his powers that come to mind...

-Ability to bend time, space, and reality.
-Ability to be in many places, and times, at once. (indicating time travel, Ion could possibly have one form of himself in every time and place... EVER)
-Ion is one with everything, he is essentially part of the fabric of the universe.
-As a normal green lantern's power is limited by his imagination, Ion's power can extend beyond anything imaginable because of him being basically a god.
- While a normal green lantern would controll say, 1/1,000,000 parts of Oa's power...Kyle as Ion could tap into Oa's power endlessly, basically using 999,999/1,000,000 of Oa's power....
-Because Kyle can be in many places and times at once, he can replicate himself, endlessly....(how could you fight 1,000,000 Ion's?)
-Because Kyle as Ion can be in many places and times at once, he is basically immortal...(if he was defeated, he would have another form of himself somewhere else in the universe, or in a different time..)

How could you beat him? Can you guys think of a team of people, or a single hero that could beat him? I know many superman fans say superman prime could beat him...but its just not possible...superman prime is near godlike, and controlls a normal green lantern ring,...but Ion is essentially a god...He can do anything, is aware of everything, and is part of everything at all times..

General Kon-El
No heroes can stop him i dont think. You're gonna need cosmic entities to mess around with a guy like Ion. Cosmic beings such as Kosmos, Thanos with IG, over half powered Galactus, Phoenix, Mephisto, etc. Skyfather level or above.

golem370
Quasar/Starbrand who be a good match http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quasar_%28comics%29

Scoobless
Wolverine would slice him up..... shifty

sexyking
Originally posted by General Kon-El
No heroes can stop him i dont think. You're gonna need cosmic entities to mess around with a guy like Ion. Cosmic beings such as Kosmos, Thanos with IG, over half powered Galactus, Phoenix, Mephisto, etc. Skyfather level or above.

I would say Ion is leagues above a skyfather even the best of them its like light weight and heavy weight.

sexyking
Originally posted by Jarlaxle
Im thinking that Ion may be the most powerful superhero ever in the comicbook universe, and could probably take on every other superhero ever...According to DC Spectre used to be their most powerful superhero...then Parallax came along, and was more powerful than even spectre....But they also have said that Ion would be far far more powerful than Parallax. Ion is described as being part of the fabric of the universe...And having trans-godlike powers...Here are the list of his powers that come to mind...

-Ability to bend time, space, and reality.
-Ability to be in many places, and times, at once. (indicating time travel, Ion could possibly have one form of himself in every time and place... EVER)
-Ion is one with everything, he is essentially part of the fabric of the universe.
-As a normal green lantern's power is limited by his imagination, Ion's power can extend beyond anything imaginable because of him being basically a god.
- While a normal green lantern would controll say, 1/1,000,000 parts of Oa's power...Kyle as Ion could tap into Oa's power endlessly, basically using 999,999/1,000,000 of Oa's power....
-Because Kyle can be in many places and times at once, he can replicate himself, endlessly....(how could you fight 1,000,000 Ion's?)
-Because Kyle as Ion can be in many places and times at once, he is basically immortal...(if he was defeated, he would have another form of himself somewhere else in the universe, or in a different time..)

How could you beat him? Can you guys think of a team of people, or a single hero that could beat him? I know many superman fans say superman prime could beat him...but its just not possible...superman prime is near godlike, and controlls a normal green lantern ring,...but Ion is essentially a god...He can do anything, is aware of everything, and is part of everything at all times..

The spectre is second only to the presence.Oh and to the thread starter i dont think you can class the likes of Ion and spectre as superheros.

Adam Warlock
Full Potential Flash drops the multiverse on him.

Jarlaxle
Quote: "The spectre is second only to the presence."

Ok download the green lantern PDF sheet from dccomics.com...it says right on it that the Parallax is more powerful than The Spectre.....So you are wrong, straight from the source...Also DC has said Ion is far more powerful than Parallax.

Jarlaxle
How can you not place Ion as a super hero? He is simply a green lantern that gets more powerful from Oa...

golem370
Quasar/Starbrand who be a good match http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quasar_%28comics%29

sexyking
Quote: "The spectre is second only to the presence."

Ok download the green lantern PDF sheet from dccomics.com...it says right on it that the Parallax is more powerful than The Spectre.....So you are wrong, straight from the source...Also DC has said Ion is far more powerful than Parallax.

You know what i will check it, shesh i went to bed yesterday how many years have i been sleeping because the last time i was awake the spectre was second with the backing of the Presence along with the two brothers and GEB.

sexyking
How can you not place Ion as a super hero? He is simply a green lantern that gets more powerful from Oa...

I simply meant he can be classed more as a cosmic entity than a superhero.

Tassadar
Ion is powerful, maybe the most powerful superhero, but he is far from the most powerful comic character. Is Pheonix considered a superhero? If she is, she's the only one I can think of who could stand a chance against Ion. Their are villains, gods, and cosmics who are equal to above him however, examples being Lucifer Morningstar, Classic Beyonder, Thanos with HOTU (in Marvel U), Eternity/Infinity/Full powered Galactus/Death, the Hunger, ect. Their are also characters that could defeat him under certain stipulations, such as Dr. Doom (with prep), the Preacher, the Saint of Killers, ect.

Tron
Which version of Ion are you referring to, his original version, or his current one?

Jarlaxle
Original Ion....Tassadar, did you ever read Ion's list of powers? This is much more than a 1v1 fight in any case...I cant even imagine Celestial beings being close to him..he controlls all variables of time, and matter....His powers being totally limitless. Not even Modt who is 1000x stronger than Jahl (who is infinatley stronger than superman for that matter)...Would stand a chance

Mr Master
Thanos with HOTU beats Ion

Living Tribunal takes down Ion

Thanos or Warlock with the Infinity Gauntlet defeat Ion and perhaps Magus too with an Incomplete IG.

Reed Richards with the Ultimate Nullifier can blast Ion from existence

Abraxas finishes Ion aswell

pre retcon Beyonder and pre-retcon Molecule Man both, blink him out of existence

There's nothing Ion can do...that these guys can't do....

There are somethings that these guys can do....that Ion can not do.

Broly92
Originally posted by Scoobless
Wolverine would slice him up..... shifty
True http://img138.imageshack.us/my.php?image=max0009jpgw1tb.jpgshifty

who?-kid
And people complain about Superman being too powerful...

Broly92
Originally posted by who?-kid
And people complain about Superman being too powerful...
Ha HA! Shut up shutup

Inhuman
Originally posted by Broly92
True http://img138.imageshack.us/my.php?image=max0009jpgw1tb.jpgshifty

The question is, can anyone take out that version of wolves? geek

leonheartmm
ion maybe one of the most powerful but he wasnt as powerful as parallex. prallex was an entity who took control of hal after he drained oa dry, it represents the yelloy flaw in the gl ring and is out to get the power of spectar and become the tool of the wrath of god. however even spectre isnt SECOND to the presence even at full power hes leagues below micheal lucifer, saint of killers, elaine, full powered constantine etc.

leonheartmm
as to which NORMAL human hero can beat him without taking the power of an artifact{ultimate nullifier, heart of the universe infinity gauntlett, star ban etc} and not being cosmic themselves like the beyonder or phoenix itself or abstracts.

scarlet witch with chaos wave
dr. strange
franklin richards
jean with the phoenix force
reed richards with prep and knowledge of kyle's powers{ maybe}
thanos with prep and knowledge of kyle's powers{maybe}
sentry{maaaaaaaybe}
in marvel

in dc im not sure, many vertigo characters could take him cause vertigo leans more towards characters than abstracts as even abstracts have specific personas

anything like myxptlk, lucifer, micheal, elaine, the endless, upper gods like lillith or susan-o, all angels above the cherubim, constantine, swamp thing, saint of killers could all kill him without much problem. even the spectar can take him on as ion doesnt have parallex within it.

leonheartmm
any1 with the spear of destiny could kill him too.

Validus
Originally posted by leonheartmm
ion maybe one of the most powerful but he wasnt as powerful as parallex. prallex was an entity who took control of hal after he drained oa dry, it represents the yelloy flaw in the gl ring and is out to get the power of spectar and become the tool of the wrath of god. however even spectre isnt SECOND to the presence even at full power hes leagues below micheal lucifer, saint of killers, elaine, full powered constantine etc.
The Parallax entity added nothing to Hal's power level.

UniOmni
Vally, would you say that Ion(classic) was probably the most powerful form of any hero in the DCU ever, including the Supermen and the Flash's??

Validus
I can't think any challengers to that throne off the top of my head. Kyle was referred to as sitting at the right hand of God. Anyone else that powerful considers themselves above being a hero.

complexbrother
Originally posted by leonheartmm
as to which NORMAL human hero can beat him without taking the power of an artifact{ultimate nullifier, heart of the universe infinity gauntlett, star ban etc} and not being cosmic themselves like the beyonder or phoenix itself or abstracts.

scarlet witch with chaos wave.... hell no, she's a planetary threat at best
dr. strange ..... hell no, people we need to stop severly over estimating the good doctor
franklin richards ..... maby, at full potentual
jean with the phoenix force ....... dark phoenix maby
reed richards with prep and knowledge of kyle's powers{ maybe} ..... hell naw
thanos with prep and knowledge of kyle's powers{maybe} ....... only if he finds a powerful object like thotu, or the Infinity gauntlet
sentry{maaaaaaaybe} .......... hell to the no

one of the few that could is the former villian , and somtime hero Molicue Man

UniOmni
Originally posted by Validus
I can't think any challengers to that throne off the top of my head. Kyle was referred to as sitting at the right hand of God. Anyone else that powerful considers themselves above being a hero.

So Superman 1Million and Prime aren't in the running??

Validus
Originally posted by UniOmni
So Superman 1Million and Prime aren't in the running??
Only if you're the Jellyrobes type who believes punching > all.

sexyking
Only if you're the Jellyrobes type who believes punching > all.

Prime and 1million have a few more at their disposal than just punching but its been done a few posts ago anyway.

Validus
Superman Prime was just a big, gold painted bag of hyperbole.

Superman 1 Million was basically Pre-Crisis in power. Powerful, yes but not much compared to Ion.

Blair Wind
I still dont see how Prime > 1million.....What the f**k? I dont care how sundipped he is how does he compare to Imp powers among others?

UniOmni
DC never explained...They just told us thats how it is, and thats that!!

Broly92
Originally posted by Blair Wind
I still dont see how Prime > 1million.....What the f**k? I dont care how sundipped he is how does he compare to Imp powers among others?
offtopic

Validus
And they say Sentry isn't a Superman rip off.

sexyking

laughing

Broly92
Originally posted by Broly92
offtopic Originally posted by Broly92
offtopic

Sea King
the paper sredder

no matter what ion does he cant beat it.

(its the comic books ultiment weakness)

Darth Martin
Beast w/prep
IronMan w/prep
Steel w/prep
Forge w/prep
Zattana w/prep
BlackPanther w/prep
Deathstroke w/prep
Dr.Fate w/prep
Dr.Strange w/prep
Reed Richards w/prep
Thanos w/IG and prep
Lex Luthor w/prep
Batman w/prep
Multiple Man w/prep

+

Superman Prime
Rune King Thor
Galactus
Silver Surfer
Nate Grey
Magneto
Onslaught
Sentinal
Hal Jordan
John Stewart
Captain Atom

all team up to take him down. big grin

Grimm22
Thanos cool

or

Optimus Primerobot

Grimm22
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Beast w/prep
IronMan w/prep
Steel w/prep
Forge w/prep
Zattana w/prep
BlackPanther w/prep
Deathstroke w/prep
Dr.Fate w/prep
Dr.Strange w/prep
Thanos w/IG and prep
Lex Luthor w/prep
Batman w/prep
Multiple Man w/prep

pft. Doom and Reed with prep smoke all these losers cool

Blair Wind
Could Zatanna say "Ion die" backwards and have it actually work?

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Grimm22
pft. Doom and Reed with prep smoke all these losers cool no

Darth Martin
Could Zatanna say "Ion die" backwards and have it actually work? big grin

Big Sexy
Warlock with the IG is the only hero needed

Validus
Could Zatanna say "Ion die" backwards and have it actually work?
Zatanna's limits haven't been really defined but I doubt she could wipe out a cosmic force like that.

draxx_tOfU
does he have a soul.....soul rip!

Tankbuster
Maybe some of you will think I'm insane, but I think Lobo could rip the guy a new hole. While Lobo might not have "cosmic" powers, he's been shown to beat characters like Superman, and Santa Claus. I think his powers are sort of akin to green lantern, the more determined and pissed off he gets, the powerful he gets. While this isn't really written, it pretty much seems to be the case.

JuggernautMania
Originally posted by Tankbuster
Maybe some of you will think I'm insane, but I think Lobo could rip the guy a new hole. While Lobo might not have "cosmic" powers, he's been shown to beat characters like Superman, and Santa Claus. I think his powers are sort of akin to green lantern, the more determined and pissed off he gets, the powerful he gets. While this isn't really written, it pretty much seems to be the case.

Lobo? laughing

pym-ftw
Luke "herald of Bendis" Cage wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.