Who should be much more unbeatable than how they're usually portrayed?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlaqChaos
We all know that PIS or CIS rears it's ugly head too often. Who isn't seen being the badass that they should be?

Scoobless
Spider-Man.... seriously.... it seems the writers often ignore his spider sense.... sometimes just a couple of panels after using it to avoid a killing blow

Also, the Vision... with the amount of powers he has available to him mixed with his computerised reaction times, he should beat pretty much everyone

Broly92
Originally posted by Scoobless
Spider-Man.... seriously.... it seems the writers often ignore his spider sense.... sometimes just a couple of panels after using it to avoid a killing blow

Also, the Vision... with the amount of powers he has available to him mixed with his computerised reaction times, he should beat pretty much everyone
SpiderMan- No
Vision- yes
also Sentry I want to see his ful power dam***

Tron
Almost any Green Lantern and Flash. Do I really need to explain why?

newjak86
Juggernaut.

I mean he once renders an entire X-Men team KOed by one Thunder Clap.

He can casually backhand Thor for blocks and take the GOdforce Blast Head on.

Once busted out of a huge metal Cocoon by flexing his arms.

If he actually just decided to kill the heros out right half of Marvel Earth wouldn't be around anymore.

Validus
Green Lantern should be owning cosmics and Flash should be nearly impossible to deal with.

I also find it odd how Iron Man, despite numerous upgrades, hasn't moved up a bit in the hierarchy.

marvelprince
Spider-Man, Flash, Vision and Wonderman

Skeets
Martian Manhunter.

Magee
Superman.

Tron
Originally posted by Validus
Green Lantern should be owning cosmics and Flash should be nearly impossible to deal with.

I also find it odd how Iron Man, despite numerous upgrades, hasn't moved up a bit in the hierarchy.

Because in the end, he's still just a smart guy in a metal suit... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Skeets
Originally posted by Magee
Superman.
Shame on you.

Validus
Originally posted by Tron
Because in the end, he's still just a smart guy in a metal suit... roll eyes (sarcastic)
Is that sarcasm my friend because I can never really tell with this type of thing? confused

Darth Martin
Martian Manhunter.

Mystique, Beast Boy, Shadowcat, Superman, and Proffesor X combined and more.

Rick/Genis
Originally posted by newjak86
Juggernaut.

I mean he once renders an entire X-Men team KOed by one Thunder Clap.

He can casually backhand Thor for blocks and take the GOdforce Blast Head on.

Once busted out of a huge metal Cocoon by flexing his arms.

If he actually just decided to kill the heros out right half of Marvel Earth wouldn't be around anymore.

I thought this was a thread for why characters AREN'T portrayed as powerful as they should be. If he did everything you said... then aren't they technically portraying him correctly?

newjak86
Originally posted by Rick/Genis
I thought this was a thread for why characters AREN'T portrayed as powerful as they should be. If he did everything you said... then aren't they technically portraying him correctly? Thats the point he does those things but he still gets beat in numerous ways some that are absolutly PIS in nature.

Thats waht this thread is about I mean he should be darned near unbeatable by almost anyone on earth but he keeps getting beat somehow.

Accel
Thats the point he does those things but he still gets beat in numerous ways some that are absolutly PIS in nature.

Thats waht this thread is about I mean he should be darned near unbeatable by almost anyone on earth but he keeps getting beat somehow.
They usually resort to telepathy or BFR.

newjak86
Originally posted by Accel
They usually resort to telepathy or BFR. Yeah but it really bothers me because
A) If he put his sheild up they couldn't get to his helmet in the first place.

B) If he chose to he could kill most of the people faces with one hit.

CIS

Jade Lightning
Spiderman- given his range of powers, spider-sense, strength, and unique fighting style, he should be even harder to defeat than he's portrayed.

Rick/Genis
Superman of course!! big grin

Milkie
Is that sarcasm my friend because I can never really tell with this type of thing? confused

http://themot.org/gallery/d/397-1/sandwich.jpg

Rick/Genis
I was serious! Superman can do practically anything! How is it he gets beaten occassionally?

Validus
Originally posted by Rick/Genis
I was serious! Superman can do practically anything! How is it he gets beaten occassionally?
Because he can't do anything.

As it stands now, he rarely loses anyway.

B dot Rob
Cloak and Dagger

batdude123
Originally posted by BlaqChaos
We all know that PIS or CIS rears it's ugly head too often. Who isn't seen being the badass that they should be?

Oh lord. How much time do you have on your hands??? laughing

Captain Atom
Rhino
Major Force
Shocker
Electro
Silver Surfer (seriously no expression )
Martian Manhunter
Darkseid (recently)
Apocalypse
Flash
Beast
Spider-man
Cyclops
Iron Man
etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Brutacus
Gladiator, beast, Rhino,

Rick/Genis

As it stands now, he rarely loses anyway.

touche

then..... darkseid?

badabing
We all know that PIS or CIS rears it's ugly head too often. Who isn't seen being the badass that they should be? The Hulk. eek! Hulk Smash

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by badabing
The Hulk. eek! Hulk Smash
let me gues that is the brown edition of hulk

badabing
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
let me gues that is the brown edition of hulk Brown and green with corn and peanuts. sick

Blair Wind
Iceman

Grimm22

sick yucky

Blair Wind
also the Spot....badass powers, stupid use of those powers...

Grimm22
Originally posted by Blair Wind

........no expression

No.........Just.........no

Broly92
Co-sign

badabing
Originally posted by Grimm22
sick yucky laughing

badabing
Grimm, I like the new sig. cool

Blair Wind
........no expression

No.........Just.........no
Why not no expression

If you could erect a field around you that could cover you entirely and ANYTHING that went through that field would simply be teleported away, how the hell do you hurt him? also when he could just as simply teleport himself if your a matter manipulater and then deck you from another dimension.....erm

Darth Vicious

Ok what the hell is "PIS" and "CIS"? sorry for if it is a stupid question.

As for the question I think Taskmaster. A guy that can mimic all ur moves do to he having photographic reflexes should be pretty hard to beat. Wolverine would be hard to beat, specially since I believe that if he was real he would be killing and hurting people way more than he is now.

The Fake Macoy
It doesn't matter if you can mimic someone's moves, that doesn't mean you're fast enough to counter every attack. Also, Wolverine, should be more unbeatable? He already has the mutant power to warp reality so he wins when he should be dead five times over!

badabing
whistle

KharmaDog
I'll go with marvel heroes as DC's top heroes have such over the top powers none of them should be beaten.

Guys in marvel should give better showings than they do:

Vision - I've always loved this character even though he's never been shown to his full potential

Sasquatch - one of the heavy hitters that was massively depowered and suffers from extreme levels of PIS and CIS

Juggy - I don't really like the character, but with his powerset, he should be pretty much unbeatable by most of marvel

Gladiator - a perenial underachiever

Guardian - most of marvel should crap their pants when this guy walks into a room, but he is wayyyyyy undersold by Marvel

Big Sexy
Silver surfer (he's such a softy)
Captain atom is very misused on his power level
Magneto is not portrayed as the great powerhouse he is all the time
Flash (need I say more)
Thor( the guy has so many powers with the hammer yet most times he just uses it to smack someone on the head with it)
Gambit - marvel rarely gives remy any love
Spot- because of what was stated earlier
MM( how do you transform a powerhouse into such a chump)
Apocalypse
Darkseid

ankur29
i think hulk!!!!!he can stand nucler bombs but not wolverine's claws?
he was punched and dropped by cap who is a flea in comparions of strength, other powerhouses cant lift 150 billion tons nad they still knock about?(remeber hulk was not even pissed when he was supporting that mountain imagine if he was!!), hulk has speed aswell , he was apparently clocked running at 300mph ( this is mentionbed in respect hulk)

spidereman has spidersense that is like precognition (ability to estimate or predict moves a way of seeing teh futue although i cant remeber where i read that , he has over 15ton strength which is up to 10 cars(eg a bobcat which is a rally jeep weighing 1.5 tons) , he can throw a car without breaking a sweat and he superhuman durability aswell as speed, im sure the guy can run at speeds over cap who ran a mile in a minute (thats almost 60mph for captain america!!)spidey should be faster than rhino who can sprint at a 100mph spidey should be 120mph - 150mph (at the least)
his durabilty makes his skin harder and if you have read teh ultimate spiderman where spidey is in hospital for a checkup a needle coudl not go through him while he tensed his foreamrs im sure this is also the case in 616.

who?-kid
Juggernaut and Apocalypse come to mind. Oh and Surfer and Hulk too.

inamilist
Galactus

H. S. 6
Spider-Man, Beast, Vision, Martian Manhunter, Flash, Green Lantern

Hell, villains like Electro, Magneto, Juggernaut... The list goes on.

Originally posted by Tron

Not anymore.

Redatom65
CAPTAIN ATOM

NIGHTCRAWLER

SUPERMAN

bigbran
Originally posted by inamilist
Galactus ahhh, finnaly.
did every one forget this character, like cum on, he should wipe out earth with a wave of his hand, and he should never be beaten even at a weak form.

bigbran
Originally posted by Redatom65
CAPTAIN ATOM

NIGHTCRAWLER

SUPERMAN superman, what the helll is wrong with you? mad mad mad
he never gets beat anyway!!!

Dynamic One
ok you people may hate me for this but wolverine is hardly shown winninq properly. A lot of new writers show him to be purely a hack n slash brawler who could care not if you actually hurt him because he can reqen from a sinqle cell if need be. Wolverine should be be one of the unbeatable people on the basis that he lived lonqer than most people on the planet an his fiqhtinq tactics & intellect should reflect a fiqhter who can learn an adapt without aqe beinq a factor, more. I think if wolverine would be written to where he was usinq his brain in conjuction with his mutant powers more it would brinq out a different aspect of him that would make him way more respectable than the current interpretation of him. I'm stretchinq the ranqe of the topic a bit to fit this but i think you all would aqree. Many of us liked wolverine before marvel turned him into the terminator.

Psyquis52
Originally posted by Dynamic One
ok you people may hate me for this but wolverine is hardly shown winninq properly. A lot of new writers show him to be purely a hack n slash brawler who could care not if you actually hurt him because he can reqen from a sinqle cell if need be. Wolverine should be be one of the unbeatable people on the basis that he lived lonqer than most people on the planet an his fiqhtinq tactics & intellect should reflect a fiqhter who can learn an adapt without aqe beinq a factor, more. I think if wolverine would be written to where he was usinq his brain in conjuction with his mutant powers more it would brinq out a different aspect of him that would make him way more respectable than the current interpretation of him. I'm stretchinq the ranqe of the topic a bit to fit this but i think you all would aqree. Many of us liked wolverine before marvel turned him into the terminator. Intellect? Wolverine with Intellect? He's a thug! Born and bred. Those are his own words. The guy doesn't have intellect. He has experience and extensive military training but he does not have intellect.

Superman underwritten? How's that? If there's a disaster who settles it 9/10? Superman. That's kaka.
Spiderman....I don't get it. How many times has he beaten impossible odds? Can you even count it? FIRELORD! Do I have to say anything else? If anything he's right on par.

The most original set I've heard so far was someone suggesting Cloak and Dagger. Also kudos to the fellow who listed Rhino and Shocker (batdude)

I would say Sleepwalker, Firestorm. That's one for each universe.

Dynamic One
Originally posted by Psyquis52
Intellect? Wolverine with Intellect? He's a thug! Born and bred. Those are his own words. The guy doesn't have intellect. He has experience and extensive military training but he does not have intellect.

Superman underwritten? How's that? If there's a disaster who settles it 9/10? Superman. That's kaka.
Spiderman....I don't get it. How many times has he beaten impossible odds? Can you even count it? FIRELORD! Do I have to say anything else? If anything he's right on par.

The most original set I've heard so far was someone suggesting Cloak and Dagger. Also kudos to the fellow who listed Rhino and Shocker (batdude)

I would say Sleepwalker, Firestorm. That's one for each universe.

Ok firstly wolverine wasnt born to be a thuq, he was born to be a person privileqe ie; rich. secondly sayinq wolverine has military traininq without intellect is retarded not only did he have that traininq but he has vast knowledqe in other martial arts includinq surqeon like knowledqe of how to cut or hit people for the instant kill. Thirdly most people would aqree that captain america is intelliqent because he is written to show off his prowess in battlefield strateqy,wolverine not only was int he same war but was on an elite squad an is much older than cap. with aqe come wisdom. However im not tryinq to be a fanboy im just pointinq out how and why one of my favorite characters could be written better, because as it stands not he is horrible.

Redatom65
Originally posted by bigbran
superman, what the helll is wrong with you? mad mad mad
he never gets beat anyway!!!

But he doesn't get respect from the likes of u roll eyes (sarcastic)

Broly92
But he doesn't get respect from the likes of u roll eyes (sarcastic)
Yep he is a cheap jerk and everyone knows it but his fans

GalacticStorm
Phoenix smile

bigbran
But he doesn't get respect from the likes of u roll eyes (sarcastic) this is about the unbeatable characters. and he gets to much respect by me.

newjak86
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Phoenix smile What fights has Phoenix been in that she should have won but lost. This is athread for people who you think should win more fights that they loose.

GalacticStorm
What fights has Phoenix been in that she should have won but lost. This is athread for people who you think should win more fights that they loose.

Not according to the threadmakers opening post. wink

Its a thread for characters who you think all too often fall victim to PIS/CIS and who in the absence of said factors would be totally badass. Phoenix applies. smile

GalacticStorm
Nice sig btw big grin

newjak86
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Not according to the threadmakers opening post. wink

Its a thread for characters who you think all too often fall victim to PIS/CIS and who in the absence of said factors would be totally badass. Phoenix applies. smile Really I thought you said there was no such thing Phoenix that if she wanted to do something it could and without anything being able to stop her seems to me that from your perspective she is portrayed the way you think.

And thanks about the sig

Validus
What fights has Phoenix been in that she should have won but lost.
There was that little incident with the electromagnetic pulse.

Dreampanther
Originally posted by ankur29
spidereman has spidersense that is like precognition (ability to estimate or predict moves a way of seeing teh futue although i cant remeber where i read that , he has over 15ton strength which is up to 10 cars(eg a bobcat which is a rally jeep weighing 1.5 tons) , he can throw a car without breaking a sweat and he superhuman durability aswell as speed, im sure the guy can run at speeds over cap who ran a mile in a minute (thats almost 60mph for captain america!!)spidey should be faster than rhino who can sprint at a 100mph spidey should be 120mph - 150mph (at the least)
his durabilty makes his skin harder and if you have read teh ultimate spiderman where spidey is in hospital for a checkup a needle coudl not go through him while he tensed his foreamrs im sure this is also the case in 616.

Really?
A rhino running at 100 mph?
These must be those famous sprinting rhinos then, we hear so much about, the ones hunting cheetahs for a living? You wouldn't happen to know where I can go to see some of these 100 mph rhinos, would you?

I have had this idea of breeding them and then entering horse races with them - whoo hee! Can you imagine the look on people's faces when I start lapping those jockeys on their horses that can probably barely do more than 40 mph - oh pity those poor, slow horses - we have a hunting rhino!

Yeah!

Faster than a speeding cheetah!

Bub, if you have one fact so glaringly, obviously wrong, what makes you think anybody will believe any of your other "facts"?

Sometimes it is a good idea to actually stop and read what you've written, before hitting that Enter key...

Dreampanther
But to return to the original question - The Flash, definitely. Why? Because I am almost sure that he is faster than a speeding rhino.

Just imagine - we can change his entire slogan now - instead of Flash! The Fastest Man alive! We can now make it Flash! Faster than a Speeding Rhino!

Blair Wind
no expression I think he meant THE Rhino.....as in the stupid human no expression

UniOmni
Surfer - The Guy is probably the most powerful hero in either universe by far, and yet is dumbed down enormously.

GL - The ring can do anything.....There should be noway that DD can evolve past something like that. Its akin to evolving beyond magic.
Should never have seen inking.

Flash - With all the tricks the guy uses, he should be able to beat damn near all the superhero populace(barring Surfer). But he's kept down.
Shamefully so.

Thor - The guy wields a plot device at his side. If he had the backing that Superman does, he'd own damn near anybody in a fight.

Superman - Not gonna touch, especially since Vally already attested to the fact that he doesn't lose that much nowadays. Editorial mandate is a ***** to everyone else who doesn't get an S shield though.

Manhunter - Damn. He can do so much, but gets written to do so little.
Imo, he should be able to get beaten by ONLY Flash and GL.
Nobody else. HV shouldn't be a problem when he can just phase through it. Can hit what you can't touch. If i could get my hands on him, he'd really be the most powerful being on the planet.

Orion - He should be the most powerful member of the JLA. By far. He wields the AstroForce, the opposite of the OF. Heat vision shouldn't be repairing tears in reality. This guy should. Too powerful by far.

Juntai

As it stands now, he rarely loses anyway. Yeah, in fact, he rarely has difficulty at all.

Validus
Originally posted by Juntai
Yeah, in fact, he rarely has difficulty at all.
It's true. Those recent "Day in the Life" comics show him schooling more villains in a day than the rest of the Big 7 does in a month.

Juntai
It's true. Those recent "Day in the Life" comics show him schooling more villains in a day than the rest of the Big 7 does in a month. Yep...These last two arcs since Crisis he's defeated a few dozen enemies already, and the Kryptonite laced Kryptonian Warship. lol. Even while the Crisis was buidling up, he was defeating handfuls of enemies in random issues...He doesn't even seem to break a sweat anymore.

What do you think of his recent upgrade?

I don't honestly see it as much of an upgrade, as it is him being written with his powers in mind and not acting like a Kansas farmboy.

Grimm22
Why not no expression

If you could erect a field around you that could cover you entirely and ANYTHING that went through that field would simply be teleported away, how the hell do you hurt him? also when he could just as simply teleport himself if your a matter manipulater and then deck you from another dimension.....erm

He's the spot no expression...

Its like saying Gambit should be tougher but everybody hates him so it dosent matter wink

Validus
Originally posted by Juntai
Yep...These last two arcs since Crisis he's defeated a few dozen enemies already, and the Kryptonite laced Kryptonian Warship. lol. Even while the Crisis was buidling up, he was defeating handfuls of enemies in random issues...He doesn't even seem to break a sweat anymore.

What do you think of his recent upgrade?

I don't honestly see it as much of an upgrade, as it is him being written with his powers in mind and not acting like a Kansas farmboy.
I like the return of super intelligence. Hope to see it showcased more in upcoming issues.

Juntai
I like the return of super intelligence. Hope to see it showcased more in upcoming issues. I like how he's in combat, listening to the worlds radio and tv signals and stuff, so he knows whats going on and where to be next, lol.

Blair Wind
He's the spot no expression...

Its like saying Gambit should be tougher but everybody hates him so it dosent matter wink
no expression I dont particularly care for Gambit but he IS one of the more famous X-men erm

Spots powers are a whole mess more baddass than regular Gambits anyways....

Xirius
Originally posted by Dreampanther
Really?
A rhino running at 100 mph?
These must be those famous sprinting rhinos then, we hear so much about, the ones hunting cheetahs for a living? You wouldn't happen to know where I can go to see some of these 100 mph rhinos, would you?

I have had this idea of breeding them and then entering horse races with them - whoo hee! Can you imagine the look on people's faces when I start lapping those jockeys on their horses that can probably barely do more than 40 mph - oh pity those poor, slow horses - we have a hunting rhino!

Yeah!

Faster than a speeding cheetah!

Bub, if you have one fact so glaringly, obviously wrong, what makes you think anybody will believe any of your other "facts"?

Sometimes it is a good idea to actually stop and read what you've written, before hitting that Enter key...

He was talking about Rhino, not a rhino. wink

Dreampanther
Oh, sorry. embarrasment

But that's pretty stupid too, to tell you the truth. What, did he get the proportionate speed of a rhino, along with the strength? What else did he get - the proportionate agility, and the ability to swing from trees?

Why can he run at a 100 mph? I will give him strength, sure, but how many bodybuilders do you see doing fast sprints? If they want to make it believable, they must check their facts.... Rhinos can charge, sure, and it's a surprisingly fast charge for such a big animal... but a 100 mph??!!

So, if A rhino is not particularly noted for its fast sprints, why should The Rhino suddenly be able to do 100 mph sprints? Just because he is much stronger? Doesn't make sense...

Anyway, this is all off the topic, I know, just a private rant-and-rave session stick out tongue

To return to the topic: The Flash! Damn, I've already said that, huh?

Uuhh, uhm, well, okay, I can't think of anyone now huh confused

juggernaut66666
galactus
juggernaut
silver surfer
spider man
darkseid
thor

icesquall
spider-man, rhino, cyclops

flash (maybe they should give him some of batman's "badass-ness"... that guy's got WAAAY too much)

Avalonofthewind
The Eradicator should be owning everybody with ease.

How could anybody with Supermans and Surfers powersets in one character ever lose?

Lindquist
Any hero or villain with the ability to time travel...

It was also fun to watch all the Justice League: Unlimited episodes just to laugh at how underpowered each hero was. That didn't stop it from being a great series.

Wolverine2006
Definetley the Flash...he and Batman are my favorite characters. Flash shuld be practically unbeatable. (not counting characters like Odin)

Soujaboy
Silver Surfer(I mean he and Thor disposal, have a billion powers at there disposal and use none.

Thor ( Well he holds a hammer that can damn near do anything, yet he hits people over the head with it. When written properly he can own just about anyone)

Galactus( He's always starving for some reason?)

Flash

GL (There rings are nearly on par with Mjolnir)

Juggernaut (With his power set he should be unbeatable)

Sea King
GL's- honestly they can do what ever they want to do with thier rings.

so why dont they just (even if they all have to do this to have enough power) redo the whole universe so their is no more bad guys. sure no more comics but then the good guys win.

Redatom65
Wolverine is so underrated! So is the Hulk! and Thanos!

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Rick/Genis
Originally posted by Sea King
GL's- honestly they can do what ever they want to do with thier rings.

so why dont they just (even if they all have to do this to have enough power) redo the whole universe so their is no more bad guys. sure no more comics but then the good guys win.
Because they don't have NEAR enough willpower to do it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.