The Tale of Tour as a movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

finwe33
I feel that very little of tolkiens work is transtatable to film as a film-maker (which is not a bad thing imo) But there is one that could be done and its is the tale of tour and the finding and falling gondorlin which would give a little, little, little pre story of the formation of Numenoreans in the prologue of fellowship of the ring movie.

Belegūr
I don't mean to be picky, but you mispelled Tuor and Gondolin. wink

Sadly, I disagree. The "later Tuor," (that given in UT), is an unfinished account, and so to is the version in Silm., which is heavily compressed. The only full account is the old FG (c.1916+).

Still, I'd buy a ticket nonetheless....

ESB -1138
I doubt that would be a good movie. Perhaps the War of Jewels or something.

Belegūr
Originally posted by ESB -1138
I doubt that would be a good movie. Perhaps the War of Jewels or something.

That would have to be a 20+ hour movie documenting all the chapters of Silm. combined!

Draugwen
I think you can cut out or shorten parts of the Silm if you focus on the jewels... Would be much too long nonetheless I think.
Still I'd love to see it... *dreamy look*

Belegūr
Originally posted by Draugwen
I think you can cut out or shorten parts of the Silm if you focus on the jewels... Would be much too long nonetheless I think.
Still I'd love to see it... *dreamy look*

Nay, you would have to drastically alter the fabric of the story - much more so than in PJ's LR.

If anything, I would say a 24-part made-for-tv movie, documenting in detail the entire Silm.....anyone? stick out tongue

Draugwen
Yay big grin Very nice idea wink

Muchislover
There are many stories on the internet which you would love to read about but how about going out with https://chernobyl-story-tours.com and visiting new places at cheapest price though also you can learn and earn while touring new countries or cities which will actually give you a new way out of enjoying your life without being bored, because there are many option which you can opt in for sure

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.