Gnarls Barkley

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morgoths_Wrath
I've been hearing alot about Gnarls Barkley lately but I haven't heard their music yet.

What's the deal? Are they any good?

koolruningz
Yes, yes they are.

-hh-
great group

DangerMouse is always great with the beats, and Cee Lo is a real poet.

SpadeKing
I remember when I remember when I lost my miiind no expression

-hh-
Originally posted by SpadeKing
I remember when I remember when I lost my miiind no expression i remember when i remember when i saw a wackass poooost

D-Double
The album's amazing. It's like a frigg'n super-group with only 2 people.

... the beats are bananaz, the voice is crazy soulful. It's the best thing to happen to music in a long time.

Mišt
Originally posted by SpadeKing
I remember when I remember when I lost my miiind no expression

I hate that song with a passion, everytime it comes on the radio, I turn it off no expression

~Da Rev~
Originally posted by -hh-
great group

DangerMouse is always great with the beats, and Cee Lo is a real poet. I did not know that was DJ Dangermouse. I like all of his work from DangerDOOM to The Grey Album. So i'm sure this should be good.

StinkFist462
excellent album.

SpadeKing

P, that Dude
i cosign this thread strongly

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Gnarls Barkley is where it's at, fo' sho' zum!

I'm all about 'Just A Thought' - that's gotta be one of the most amazing tunes of the last 12 months. Another track that is dope-of-the-month material is 'Storm Coming'. They sound like Radiohead sliced with lemon and orange, then blended with some funk'd-up shit.

-hh-
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Gnarls Barkley is where it's at, fo' sho' zum!

I'm all about 'Just A Thought' - that's gotta be one of the most amazing tunes of the last 12 months. Another track that is dope-of-the-month material is 'Storm Coming'. They sound like Radiohead sliced with lemon and orange, then blended with some funk'd-up shit. 100% agree

barbarossa
Personally, I'm quite addicted. His voice is incredable, Especially in "Crazy". Which is by far my favorite song by them.

Take a listen if you still have not heard them.
http://www.myspace.com/gnarlsbarkley

Long time no See, HH. How have you been?

-hh-
Originally posted by barbarossa
Personally, I'm quite addicted. His voice is incredable, Especially in "Crazy". Which is by far my favorite song by them.

Take a listen if you still have not heard them.
http://www.myspace.com/gnarlsbarkley

Long time no See, HH. How have you been? good, how about u?

Roulette
That song "Crazy," drives me fugging crazy o.o

I can't stand itno

Krone
The Kooks did a cover of Crazy which is pretty good

not a fan of the album tho annoyed i got it now

-hh-
i hope some aren't judging this album by just 'Crazy'...cuz i dont even think 'Crazy' was the best song or even close to top 3 best songs on the album.

barbarossa
Originally posted by -hh-
i hope some aren't judging this album by just 'Crazy'...cuz i dont even think 'Crazy' was the best song or even close to top 3 best songs on the album.

Yes, there is definately better material on The Album. I personally fell in love with that particular track. wink

I'm doing pretty good. I realised a week or so ago, that I hadn't been on here in nearly Six Months. Which is FAR too long. So I made a quiet return.

darthsith19
Crazy is a good song, I have it on my iPod. What a great beat, it's a bit short, though, only 2 minutes and 58 seconds long. It's the shortest song on my iPod. But I still love it.

Deathblow
The only reason people ''hate'' Crazy was cos it was a massive commercial success, and we all know it's way uncool to like popular stuff. To me, Crazy is a perfect single. Great vocals, great production, hooks galore. What's to hate?

St Elsewhere is awesome, but then DM doesn't do bad music. Only track on the album I genuinely disliked is the one they're just about to drop as their second single, ironically. Not quite as flawless as Demon D's, but the best thing Cee-Lo's done since a certain De La Soul collaboration.

koolruningz
My fave De La track btw. thumb up

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Deathblow
The only reason people ''hate'' Crazy was cos it was a massive commercial success, and we all know it's way uncool to like popular stuff. To me, Crazy is a perfect single. Great vocals, great production, hooks galore. What's to hate?

What's to hate? People who don't necessarily like "singles" might not care what a perfect single is, and therefore hate the song. I don't listen to the radio or anything, so the overplaying doesn't matter to me. I've heard the song no more than 10 times, maybe less. The reasons I dislike that song are:

A) I just don't think it's a good song, or at least anything I haven't heard done better decades ago, but better singers.

Actually just A, it has nothing to do with popularity. I like many popular bands who have been bandwagonned to pathetic degrees. I just hate how the public collectively like a new song and as a result, call it great. Purely because it makes them feel as though they have good taste, like Coldplay. I saw it coming the first time I even heard that song.

I don't think it's a bad song, I just don't think it's particularly good, or anywhere near as good as everyone is going on about. It's the classic case of the Emperor's new clothes for 06.

-AC

Mišt

I dont hate it because of the popularity, I hate it because its not the style of music I like. I can dislike a song if I dont like a particular aspect, I hate this one because nothing about it appeals to me. I hate the vocals, I hate the lyrics, I hate the music, I hate the fact that its been thrashed on the radio. That 'Love Generation' song was thrashed all the way through summer, and I hated the song to start with, so it just pushed me to disliking it even more when the only song I hear through the day is 'Feel the love generation....'. Go for the artists who made it, woot they made a popular song which will make them money, go them. I dont care, I personally dont like the song.

Popularity doesnt equal good, more often it equals marketability. I like some of the popular stuff at the moment, and I also dislike some of the popular stuff at the moment, but over the last year, my personal taste in music has refined, I used to listen to everything, but now I've found my little spot. This song doesnt fit into that spot.

Deathblow
Sigh. Ok, fine. Howbout, ''the reason why a lot of people (I'm not of course referring to anyone on this forum) hate it...is due to popularity''. Can I go now?

Mišt
Sigh. Ok, fine. Howbout, ''the reason why a lot of people (I'm not of course referring to anyone on this forum) hate it...is due to popularity''. Can I go now?

No, go sit in the corner and think about what you've done schmoll

brett1012
other good songs on the cd are smiley faces, the boogie monster (sick song), gone daddy gone, and the title track st. elsewhere is good

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.