A Question About Murder.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Flamboyant4Life
If you stab/shoot/etc. somebody, and they die (heart stops) and paramedics bring them back to life...can you be charged with murder?

cking
you can and if not then you will get attempted murder charge.

silver_tears
If they dont die then you cant be charged with murder. It's attempted murder.

cking
thats right. yes

Flamboyant4Life
Originally posted by silver_tears
If they dont die then you cant be charged with murder. It's attempted murder.

No but they do die. They are brought back to life via defribrilators. (Definitaly did not spell that right)

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Flamboyant4Life
No but they do die. They are brought back to life via defribrilators. (Definitaly did not spell that right)

But the point is that they are alive in the end, ese. I guarantee you wouldn't get way scott-free. It would likely be Attempted Murder, or at the very least Aggravated Assault, and in many states the two charges are equivalent and carry a possible death sentence. God help you if the crime was committed in AZ, NM, or TX.

xmarksthespot
No but they do die. They are brought back to life via defribrilators. (Definitaly did not spell that right) Clinical death isn't biological death... someone who is shot or stabbed is more likely to die of blood loss and hypovolemic shock.

Syren
If you stab/shoot/etc. somebody, and they die (heart stops) and paramedics bring them back to life...can you be charged with murder?

I thought that if they didn't die it'd still be an attempted murder charge.

Why, what have you done? shock

WrathfulDwarf

Yes, your intentions are to kill the person. The paramedics are only doing their job.

debbiejo
Murder = bad

Though I've given it some thought lately.. evil face

debbiejo
ok now............time to kill!!

giljotiini

Never mind.........kinda personal...........and btw.don't cross me!!

GCG
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Yes, your intentions are to kill the person. The paramedics are only doing their job.

No. Its attempted murder. If the victim survives the ordeal it cannot be Murder.

Magee
How can you be charged for murder when the person is alive? It would go down as attempted murder. The fact the person died but was brought back would probably only add time to the prison sentence lol.

Flamboyant4Life
Maybe we should look up the definition of murder. Shot not, I'm too lazy.

ThePittman

DeVi| D0do
If you killed someone but they were brought back to life and you were charged with Murder, once you got out of prison you could technically go and actually kill the person and get away with it, could you not? Or is that only in movie-land?

xmarksthespot
Autrefois acquit would not apply. It would not be the same crime. For one thing the first crime would only be legally considered for attempted murder.

Grimm22
All I know is that if someone killed me and I was brought back to life, I would probobly go beat the crap out of them big grin

dr. pookie
if they do die, you will have the ghost haunting your house hold for ever until you die

Eis
I honestly hope that's a pathetic attempt of humour.

dr. pookie
i agree

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.