my first post in this particular forum

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tabby999

SelphieT
Love not found because of thick shell,
Love not wanted because of expected pain,
Love wanted because of current pain,

Am I alive or just breathing, or is life just breathing?

I really liked those lines. I think I found those two most....indentifiable? I dunno, I can't express what I'm feeling now into words. But I liked it smile

tabby999
to be perfectly honest i stole "am i alive or just breathing" from Killswitch Engage but added the rest, i know its rude to rip off someone without crediting them (ok so plaugerising) so now you know i'm a word theif wink

Syren

tabby999
why thankyou smile i wish the poetry comp wasn't a 20 line limit, i've got one i really like thats about 2 pages. is kind of impractical for you guys though...

Syren
I think we decided on 20 lines to see if the entrants can deal with some sort of structural boundary, if that makes sense. Sorry though stick out tongue

Post your piece here anyway.

tabby999
ah i would but i kinda went through it and made it into a shorter, more concise poem for the comp. So if i post it the idea of anonymous poems is ruined. i'll put the whole one in after the comp!

Syren
laughing out loud

I saw that, no worries though. We'll be completely unbiased (just don't do anything to annoy us before the deadline) stick out tongue

tabby999
ah so thats how you win, not by having a deep and insightfull poem but by currying the judges favour. did i mention you have pretty eyes wink

tabby999

Syren
Well, I'm glad you didn't enter that one because we did state that obscenity (no matter how well asterisked!) and vulgarity wouldn't be accepted. It's the PG-13 rule.

tabby999
indeed. thats why i needed to edit it. prolly better in the end, having to remove or change words mid sentence dosn't sit well with me. then again i did butcher the poem...damn it!

Syren
Well, that's not how I meant it... it's a good piece, just not suitable for this competition. I'd much prefer it to stay the way it is, having to amend pieces is frustrating, especially if they're better the way they are.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.