V FOR VENDETTA (merged)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

echud12345six
Seven Days Till V Day! That Is, When The Bitchin-ness Of V For Vendetta Comes Out! Thoughts? Does Anyone Know About Der Special Featas?? Do Tell Do Tell X)

GODOFALL1
This movie was weak, slow, dragging, and very long. I was very dissapointed.

C-Dic
I wholeheartedly disagree, but you also thought "Enter the Dragon" was garbage, too, so spare us your thoughts.

SnakeEyes
Comes out tomorrow! (August 1st)

Anyone gonna buy it? smokin'

Wolfie
Probably not me. I enjoyed it alright but the ending really hurt the movie, IMO.

doan_m
The ending was just fine for me.

T.M
I have it on order.

Impediment
Good movie, and I'll be buying it. I wish the other adaptations of Alan Moore's work was this good. LXG was borderline shit compared to the graphic novel, and From Hell, while moody and very atmospheric, was to watered down. I liked it okay, though.

MildPossession
I got mine a few days ago, got a 2 disc deluxe edition with the comic book, it was the cheaper compared to the region 1 and had a different cover I liked, so happy with it.

Scarecrow756
I got mine today, its a shame that in the UK we have to put up with the 1 Disc Edition of the film.

Impediment

T.M

Impediment
Originally posted by T.M
How long did that take you ?

About 20 minutes of going back and forth from dictionary.com to here. yes

T.M
Originally posted by Impediment
About 20 minutes of going back and forth from dictionary.com to here. yes

Nice... 20 minutes well spent. big grin

Silverstein
i like this movie, i rented it. thought the acting was good. 2nd time watching it made me understand the story more better.

T.M
I got mine today.

-Tired Hiker-
Originally posted by GODOFALL1
This movie was weak, slow, dragging, and very long. I was very dissapointed.

I agree. I was looking forward to seeing this on DVD, since I missed it in theaters, and I was dissapointed as well. I thought it was way too long and boring. I was not intrigued at all with the story, the effects, the acting, any of it. The tone seemed to change too often without enough foreshadowing as well. It was a good idea that could have been better.

Dusty
I loved it completely. It started off with a bang, and that really drew me in. The middle was mostly drama and story, which was understandable. You don't want a movie with nothing but a flock of action, much less all talk. The finale was well played. The fighting scene was awesome, not to mention the ending made me cry because it was so beautiful.

Silverstein
i love the scenes that were involved with the dominoes. I think it went well with what was happening, like the uprising, people in Guy Fawkes masks, going against the government. Like a chain of events that were unstoppable...

tabby999
another movie i most defiantly have to buy, loved it. Actually, watching this was my PERFECT cinematic experience. I got to the cinema, got my malteasers and bottle of coke and went into the theatre, it was empty. not "a few people here or there" empty, i mean tumbleweed rolling down the isle, not a soul in sight, EMPTY! Not only did i have the entire place to myself, but they just put in new chairs, so i got in the middle, got comfy and lost myself in the movie. The projectionist came out and said cos i was the only one there he'd skip the trailers and when i was leaving i got the movie poster. I don't care what anyone says, that was nirvana.

Silverstein
Originally posted by tabby999
another movie i most defiantly have to buy, loved it. Actually, watching this was my PERFECT cinematic experience. I got to the cinema, got my malteasers and bottle of coke and went into the theatre, it was empty. not "a few people here or there" empty, i mean tumbleweed rolling down the isle, not a soul in sight, EMPTY! Not only did i have the entire place to myself, but they just put in new chairs, so i got in the middle, got comfy and lost myself in the movie. The projectionist came out and said cos i was the only one there he'd skip the trailers and when i was leaving i got the movie poster. I don't care what anyone says, that was nirvana.

that mustve been cool big grin . the closest thing that happened to me was, i went to see Batman Begins with 2 friends, and there was other dude there...movie 'Art School'

i wouldve been somewhat spooked but the absence of people.

Infinity
the movie was amazing. i really enjoyed it

Impediment
The movie, by itself, was good. But if compared to the actual Alan Moore grapic novel, it's deplorable. Thats what happened to the movie adaptations of From Hell and LXG. The same thing will happen with The Watchmen, too. However, I still liked this move enough to bu the SE DVD.

Deano
people saying it is boring, obviously havent got a clue about films

they like the fast action no plot chick flick films! yeh! smile

Solo
Originally posted by Impediment
The same thing will happen with The Watchmen, too.
I sure hope not, it is the greatest graphic novel I have ever read. It has the chance to be a masterpiece if done correctly. Although, it'd be very hard.

I thought Afronofsky could've done a great job.

Impediment
Originally posted by Solo
I sure hope not, it is the greatest graphic novel I have ever read. It has the chance to be a masterpiece if done correctly. Although, it'd be very hard.

I thought Afronofsky could've done a great job.

No, it will be a disaster. The Watchmen, just like V for Vendetta, is a 12 issue, very indepth, and dialogue heavy story. It's so indepth and symbolic, its used as teaching material in college courses. You'd have to make at least a 10 hour movie to cram it all in there. All the brilliantness of the story will be lost for a few backstories and origins, and some action with Dr. Manhattan and others. It will be terrible.

veronicamars
i love this movie!! for all you fans, check out thefutureisours.com. It is a great fansite that offers contets and promo for the movie. anyone else seen this site?

Impediment
It's best movie with a terrorist as a main character ever made, IMO. LOL

moeman
Totally loved this movie, even got the special edition on DVD finally. Sweet extras on it like behind the scenes stuff. IF you havent seen this movie, you really gotta get it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.