Worst Metal Band Ever!!!!!!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

guitar dude 69
this is my fist thread and i thought a cool subject to discuss would be the worst metal band ever.

~Da Rev~
Metallica

guitar dude 69
all subgenres of metal count eg death metal black metal etc

jaden101
horrorpops

Bardock42
Originally posted by ~Da Rev~
Metallica

Come on, that's just stupid.

eggmayo
Impaled Northern Moonforest.

Although that was a joke band.

El_NINO
VAN HALEN!!!

~Da Rev~
Metallica

Morning_Glory
Metallica

wtf

Morning_Glory
I was going to say Skid Row...

Bardock42

Seriously? What's the worst Rapper in your opinion? Eminem?

Bardiel13
I have a feeling this will end up becoming a flame war over who likes what and what rocks and what sucks... This will all end in tears...

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by Bardock42
Seriously? What's the worst Rapper in your opinion? Eminem?

this is a metal band thread not worse rapper thread...

Bardock42
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
this is a metal band thread not worse rapper thread...

It was a ....god....forget it....blah to you.

Alpha Centauri
That's incredibly stupid to call Metallica the worst metal band, even if you hate them.

-AC

Morning_Glory
It was a ....god....forget it....blah to you.

well looks like you got a little confusedeat ...

Bardock42

Morning_Glory
whatever... thats nice..sigh

WrathfulDwarf
Metallica (just kidding)

Insane Clown Posse along with Gwar and Body Count.

Alpha Centauri
Since when are Insane Clown Posse a band, let alone a metal band?

-AC

StinkFist462
instead of criticizing people for their answers why dont you give yours?

JustOwnin
Cradle of Filth cat

Darkness~Calls
ok i just want to say that Van Halen is NOT a metal band they are rock so who ever said that should do there research

guitar dude 69
Originally posted by Bardiel13
I have a feeling this will end up becoming a flame war over who likes what and what rocks and what sucks... This will all end in tears...

all i wanted was to know which metal bands you think suck

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by StinkFist462
instead of criticizing people for their answers why dont you give yours?

If you can make sense out of his answer, I'll take back what I said.

To answer your question; I'm not too sure I can pick just one.

-AC

tabby999
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Metallica (just kidding)

why Body Count? sure their lyrics are simplistic but the guitars and drumming are pretty impressive

guitar dude 69
didnt you guys read what i said just give your answer and stop bitching about everyone elses

jaden101
Originally posted by guitar dude 69
didnt you guys read what i said just give your answer and stop bitching about everyone elses

thats the problem on here...nobody ever reads anybody elses opinions...they just scream their own and get angry when people disagree

AND IT'S HORRORPOPS.... laughing

tabby999
haha, not quite metal there myfriend

jaden101
you and your technicalities...DAMN YOU...DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL

guitar dude 69
Originally posted by tabby999
haha, not quite metal there myfriend

neiher was that and for me it dosnt count because i started the thread

guitar dude 69
ok from now on no more arguments

Bardock42
ok from now on no more arguments

It's a discussion forum.

Alpha Centauri
To be honest, I can't think of a metal band worth nominating as the worst ever, simply because most of the shit metal bands today are shit because they're so drastically mediocre.

In that event, I will go for Bullet for My Valentine. At first glance or listen you might just think "They're not doing anything special.", and you'd be right. However, combine that with music that is contains less variation than the blueprints for Hitler's Aryan race and you have a shit band. There are lots of metal bands that aren't exactly reinventing the wheel, but Bullet for My Valentine are driving a Ford Capri with busted tires, but painting it to make it look like a new car.

-AC

Flamboyant4Life
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
I was going to say Skid Row...
I like Skid Row. :cry:

Flamboyant4Life
Originally posted by Flamboyant4Life
I like Skid Row. :cry:
Too late to edit: Hey, why didn't the smiley work?

JohnnyDo3
Metallica coz Lars ulrich sucks

JohnnyDo3
Dimmu Borgir lol

Kayne Archeron
Metallica themselves aren't all that great, but they spawned some good bases for really good remixes, so it's hard for me to downvote them.

and wtf, ICP is rap o.O

as for my vote.......i honestly think Slipknot's stuff is kinda boring

Flamboyant4Life
Originally posted by JohnnyDo3
Metallica coz Lars ulrich sucks Originally posted by JohnnyDo3
Dimmu Borgir lol srug

Bardock42
Originally posted by Flamboyant4Life
Too late to edit: Hey, why didn't the smiley work?

You have to use "#" instead of ":" cry

tabby999
Originally posted by Kayne Archeron
Metallica themselves aren't all that great, but they spawned some good bases for really good remixes, so it's hard for me to downvote them.

WTF, are in insane? Metallica arn't that goob but made some good bases for REMIXES!!! jesus tapdancing christ, i've heard it all.

Kayne Archeron
they are a major inspiration in the metal world though, i'll give them credit for that

Flamboyant4Life
cry

XxX-Gabriel-XxX
i think most metal bands suck!!! my bands r da shiz!! indie will rule one day

PVS
europe

i win the thread

XxX-Gabriel-XxX
europe? i do not undastand

Da preacher
All of it sux.

All that I heard.

lol

XxX-Gabriel-XxX
well yer, it is metal. all metal sucks. harvey, ur life is meaningless!!! mwah ha ha!!

amity75
There's no such thing as a bad metal band. happy

XxX-Gabriel-XxX
now that's a load of rubbish. metal bands suck!!! indie is where the kool cats are at

PVS
Originally posted by XxX-Gabriel-XxX
europe? i do not undastand

well, there was a band called 'europe' and they were the worst metal band of all time...i thought it was clear

Fëanor
i firmly believe it was Stryper.

nick1811
indie is where the kool cats are at

YEAH!! LIKE YOU!!!! thumb up thumb up thumb up

XxX-Gabriel-XxX
i'll just pretend you're not being sarcastic

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
well, there was a band called 'europe' and they were the worst metal band of all time...i thought it was clear

Those folks were Metal?

Anyways, The Beatles were quite a horrible Metal Band...in fact they weer so horrible that they weren't even metal anymore. Talk about failure.

XxX-Gabriel-XxX
lol. at least we have a fan of the smiths on this forum

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by amity75
There's no such thing as a bad metal band. happy

I think most mainstream, generic metal bands in America over the past couple of years could prove you wrong there.

-AC

Bardock42
lol. at least we have a fan of the smiths on this forum

We have a few even. Quite a decent forum music taste wise....imo.

Fëanor
Those folks were Metal?

Anyways, The Beatles were quite a horrible Metal Band...in fact they weer so horrible that they weren't even metal anymore. Talk about failure. i don't think they were ever categorised as metal...more like bubble gum pop. i'll pretend you were being serious and not sarcastic.

Bardock42

Fëanor
I will pretend I was serious as well, although I obviously was serious. See how well that works already? And I'll pretend that I was pretending you were being serious pretending to pretend I wasn't serious. That works well also. Don't ya think?

Bardock42

Fëanor
Hardly ever, I think I thought once in 1994 but never since...ironic. No...that's Iron Maiden. Now if you wanna talk about the worse metal band ever.

JacopeX
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Metallica (just kidding)

Tptmanno1
AC: the aryan race comment was awesome. Just like to put it out there.

And I saw Lamb of God live, at gigantour, Damn, they sucked.
Overkill did too.
yea, Megadeth kinda, but they made up for it by being just fun to watch and be in the crowd and thrash about and shit.

amity75
now that's a load of rubbish. metal bands suck!!! indie is where the kool cats are at Though most of your silly wee indie heroes will cite "metal" guitarists as inspiration.

Jim Reaper

amity75
Surely Warrant or Ratt are up there.

~Flamboyant~
I like Warrant and Ratt. (Although they aren't that good)

I'd have to go with Slipknot though.

Edit: Oh yeah, and Gabriel.....you're an idiot.

XxX-Gabriel-XxX
it's all the same stuff though. indie is loads of different stuff. we could hav heavy guitar riffs and stuff but it's just soooooooo messy

Slay
it's all the same stuff though. indie is loads of different stuff. we could hav heavy guitar riffs and stuff but it's just soooooooo messy
Idiot.
So you're saying Opeth is practically the same band as Pantera? Just because they're both metal.

XxX-Gabriel-XxX
Not really, but they all use the same basic musical techniques and stuff

Slay
Not really, but they all use the same basic musical techniques and stuff
They're part of a genre. Every Indie band uses the same basic techniques. So does every rock, pop or Hip Hop group.

XxX-Gabriel-XxX
No, indie goes through different types of music but it just changes them a bit. Kaiser chiefs do pop rock style indie, whereas ladytron do electronice rock, and raveonettes do latin rock. Indie is a collection of rock style in different influences

Slay
No, indie goes through different types of music but it just changes them a bit. Kaiser chiefs do pop rock style indie, whereas ladytron do electronice rock, and raveonettes do latin rock. Indie is a collection of rock style in different influences
But those aren't the basics. Every metal band has technically the same basics, but there still are Thrash Metal bands, Death Metal Bands or Black Metal bands, which all sound different. Every Indie band uses the same basics, but you still have ''pop rock style indie'' (by the way, is than an actual genre? ) or Electronic rock.

XxX-Gabriel-XxX
Originally posted by Slay
But those aren't the basics. Every metal band has technically the same basics, but there still are Thrash Metal bands, Death Metal Bands or Black Metal bands, which all sound different. Every Indie band uses the same basics, but you still have ''pop rock style indie'' (by the way, is than an actual genre? ) or Electronic rock. electronic is completely different. it's true about the metal bein different. i only like the old time classics. this new stuff has just lost rythm. I think indie just differs more with all the different types though. mainly why i like it.

RocasAtoll
Shut up. You're worse than every single metal elitist combined.

And most definately, Ratt.

~Flamboyant~
Not really, but they all use the same basic musical techniques and stuff I suggest you go listen to some metal. thumb down

Try to compare Dream Theater with Slipknot. You really can't.

2-D
Dragonforce!!!

vintageSW77
check REDEMPTION TV on sky...u would be spoilt for choce

crazy_shadow
godsmack...numetal's just gay..

bogen
maralyn mason has single handedly destroyed the metal reputation to non metal fans

§P0oONY
Metallica

No shit! eek!

That's exacty what I was going to post after reading the title.

The Pict
Metallica

No way!

Summoning maybe.

exanda kane
There are alot to choose from.

I tend to dislike metal however because most of the people I know, like it just because sof how "heavy" it is.

vintageSW77
Originally posted by bogen
maralyn mason has single handedly destroyed the metal reputation to non metal fans

For sure................but his wife is hot

Do u get Redemption TV elsewhere than UK?
Looks good for metal...lots of live stuff.

crazy_shadow
Metallica NEW metallica yeah...old metallica NO

lord xyz
this is my fist thread and i thought a cool subject to discuss would be the worst metal band ever. Anything that's power metal. sick

JohnnyDo3
Metallica sucks

The Core
Metallica haven't been a metal band for atleast a decade, now. Can they really even be in contention? Marilyn Manson has NEVER been a heavy metal band. They're more progressive/industrial/rock than anything.

The worst metal band is probably one of the one's you've never even heard of.

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by The Core
Metallica haven't been a metal band for atleast a decade, now. Can they really even be in contention? Marilyn Manson has NEVER been a heavy metal band. They're more progressive/industrial/rock than anything.

The worst metal band is probably one of the one's you've never even heard of. marilyn is alternative metal....

old metallica will always be metal...you can't say a band from the past isnt metal anymore...

numetal fools so many minds into thinking metal is it...but if you listen to 80's metal, that's where the truth lies

lord xyz

The worst metal band is probably one of the one's you've never even heard of. You're right!

Slay

The worst metal band is probably one of the one's you've never even heard of.
Yeah your sig reminds me.

The Berzerker.

The Core
The Berzeker isn't for everyone. That's for damn sure.

The Core
Revisiting this thread, I have to add a band I came across tonight.

See You Next Tuesday. Avoid all exposure to the "band", and listen at your own amusement/bewilderment/risk.

Alpha Centauri
Bullet for My Valentine.

-AC

Arctic
Slipknot

The Core
What's your basis? The last album was a great piece of work, bucking a lot of cliches. Very experimental, and still heavy.

~Flamboyant~
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Bullet for My Valentine.

-AC Just about to say that.

Arctic
Slipknot look like retards in those masks. I know it doesnt have anything to do with their musical ability, but they still look like retards.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Arctic
Slipknot look like retards in those masks. I know it doesnt have anything to do with their musical ability, but they still look like retards.

Nickelback look like retards without them.

-AC

BackFire
I dunno if Cradle of Filth qualifies as metal, if they do, they are the worst I've heard.

If they don't qualify....then tough shit, I'm going to say them anyways, just because they're that shitty.

The guys last name is Filth, for Christ's sake, FILTH! It's so ****ing dumb! God damn it.

Arctic
Nickelback look like retards without them.

-AC

Rofl, what a lame comeback. Everyone knows Slipknot look ridiculously stupid in those masks.

The Core
Originally posted by BackFire
I dunno if Cradle of Filth qualifies as metal, if they do, they are the worst I've heard.

If they don't qualify....then tough shit, I'm going to say them anyways, just because they're that shitty.

The guys last name is Filth, for Christ's sake, FILTH! It's so ****ing dumb! God damn it.

In all actuality, it's Davey. Doesn't matter to me either, I'm not a fan of someone who makes nails on a chalkboard welcome in comparison to his singing.

Actually, their death masks are scary as ****.

Arctic
Yeah, actually they kind of are, but they still look pretty stupid at the same time.

Impediment
Yeah, actually they kind of are, but they still look pretty stupid at the same time.

Yet, all the while, their legion of loyal "maggots" disagree. Including me.

Arctic
banned

The Core
That "maggot" tag has always bothered me. The people that still follow them affter their last record, which doesn't seem to be many, would probably ditch that.

I'm a fan, moreso of their new direction than anything else.

Arctic
The maggot thing just sounds stupid anyway.

Nellinator
Originally posted by BackFire

I came into this thread to Cradle of Filth, but its already been done sad Cradle of Filth is closest to symphonic black metal in my opinion.
Anyways, Cradle of Filth is the worst metal band ever. Great lyrics, fairly good talent, terrible sound, terrible vocals, terrible presentation.

souvinir
would you count dead meadow metal???i HATE those guys...they opened for wolfmother when i saw em and i almost left because dead meadow sucked so bad

ILUVQueensryche
Wow...I figured we'd have a "clear-cut" winner (or more appropriately)loser in this one, but no one seems to be able to agree.

I personally never liked the group Helloween - okay music, stupid lyrics and endless screeching. Not for me, although (as a whole) I am very passionate about metal.

Additionally, how about Ronnie James Dio? Although he's always surrounded himself with fairly decent musicians, his lyrics are really, REALLY tired. I've often wondered how many times my "circle has been broken" or how long it needs to stay "unbroken" for me to be a lucky man? Whatever the hell that means...

Of course, this is just my opinion...and you know what they say about opinions?

Dusty
The Devil Wears Prada

Nellinator
Originally posted by ILUVQueensryche
Wow...I figured we'd have a "clear-cut" winner (or more appropriately)loser in this one, but no one seems to be able to agree.

I personally never liked the group Helloween - okay music, stupid lyrics and endless screeching. Not for me, although (as a whole) I am very passionate about metal.

Additionally, how about Ronnie James Dio? Although he's always surrounded himself with fairly decent musicians, his lyrics are really, REALLY tired. I've often wondered how many times my "circle has been broken" or how long it needs to stay "unbroken" for me to be a lucky man? Whatever the hell that means...

Of course, this is just my opinion...and you know what they say about opinions?
'Rainbow in the Dark' makes me love Dio so I can't talk bad about him.

Slay
Trivium.

Impediment
I'm a fan, moreso of their new direction than anything else.

I loved the third album the best, too.

If I had to name one off the top of my head, I'd have to say Metallica. They went downhill in flames after they released the Black Album.

Alpha Centauri
How does that make them candidate for the worst metal band ever?

How many other bands have a Master of Puppets?

-AC

Impediment
How does that make them candidate for the worst metal band ever?

How many other bands have a Master of Puppets?

-AC

What I meant was for "as of now" title.

Please believe me when I say that Master of Puppets is classic gold. However, it's such a shame to see how far they have fallen since then.

Alpha Centauri
If anybody expected a continuous string of records along that level of quality, then Metallica aren't being fairly judged.

Like people who say Michael Jackson got "worse" after Thriller. How could you possibly get better after an album like Master of Puppets, if you are a thrash metal band? You've just defined a genre with such bands in it as Slayer, Megadeth, Testament etc.

-AC

tabby999
Exactly, i've been trying to tell my friends that for ages, sure St Anger wasn't as good as Ride The Lightning or Master Of Puppets, like you said, they wrote the rules for thrash with those albums, a band can't make a masterpiece every album

The Core
If anybody expected a continuous string of records along that level of quality, then Metallica aren't being fairly judged.

Like people who say Michael Jackson got "worse" after Thriller. How could you possibly get better after an album like Master of Puppets, if you are a thrash metal band? You've just defined a genre with such bands in it as Slayer, Megadeth, Testament etc.

-AC

I don't pit Metallica and Slayer in the same group. If that were the case, "Reign In Blood" is Slayer's "MoP", and it came only months after. Not discounting Metallica, but Slayer defined thrash metal. It can be argued that Anthrax and maybe Testament were moreso part of the movement, not so much the innovators.

taste_u
http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/9544/istabu4yk.jpg http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/4900/istabu8ew.jpg

Micheal_Myers
Metallica are legends among metal.Saying Metallica is the worst metal band ever is ridiculous even if you dont like them.To the indie people who think all metal sounds the same, listen to this list of bands, Iron Maiden, Motorhead, Slayer, Black Sabbath, and Twisted Sister

Whoever said Anthrax werent innovators is horribly wrong.I'm the Man and Bring Da Noize were the first songs of their kind.

Worst Metal band?....Anything Grindcore....

pcp
Metallica are the worst they went from two bad genres, thrash and grunge (well grungy, anyway) in one fell swoop with the black album and seem to miss out everything good in the middle.

souvinir
Originally posted by Kayne Archeron
.....i honestly think Slipknot's stuff is kinda boring

u think its boring!!!!....i know a lot of people dont like em but even the die hard slipknot haters dont think there boring..

pcp
Korn are shit aswell

chillmeistergen
Drowning Pool, what a load of shit that was.

papabeard
The Skatt Brothers

Impediment
I just listened to an album of 3 Inches of Blood that belongs to a buddy of mine. It sounded like a horrible, wannabe King Diamond voice, and the music was very generic. thumb down

Just thought that I'd give it honorable mention.

Nellinator
Originally posted by Impediment
3 Inches of Blood

tabby999
Yeah, they showed up on a couple of the Tony Hawk games too. Total Judas merchants.

~Bun Bun~
I can't stand anything death metal.

I don't like Korn. Not sure why they just never clicked for me.

But I did like the verson of Freak On A Lesh they did with Amy Lee.

Bardiel13
Originally posted by ~Bun Bun~
I can't stand anything death metal.

I don't like Korn. Not sure why they just never clicked for me.

But I did like the verson of Freak On A Lesh they did with Amy Lee.

Even death metal fans don't like Korn... Mostly because Korn play a bastardized version of Trve Metalz™.

Nellinator
Trve Metalz. The most ignorant phenomenon in metal these days is the idea of true metal. Korn is metal most of the time with a few songs being more rock oriented. A vast majority of the people that argue against that don't understand the theory behind the music that makes them so.

Impediment
I love the first two albums from Korn. The music is visceral, and the lyrics are primal and genuine.

Every album after Life is Peachy is a joke, if you ask me. Okay, I admit that Follow the Leader, Issues, and Untouchables had one or two good songs, but the majority of the music, and the lyrics, are a joke. I bought Take a Look in the Mirrow Now and returned it to the store I bought it from after one listening session. I haven't even bothered to listen or buy any album since then.

The Amy Lee duet of Freak on a Leash hurts my ears every time I hear it.

Impediment
*double post*

Deathblow
Korn are one those bands that belong to that particular time. They had a massive impact (for better or for worse) in the mid 90's, but I get the impression that the vast majority of their fans (aka teens from that period) kinda grow out of them. I used to worship them, between the ages of 11 to about 17, and although they changed the way I think about music, they only really hold nostalgic value to me these days. They certainly weren't a bad band though.

I saw 3 Inches of Blood mentioned, they are pretty awful, but I'm sure they don't take themselves seriously. If you want bad metal, 90% of death metal/grindcore/black metal bands that churn out indecipherable noise and cookie monster vocals about satanic rituals...it's mostly all garbage, in my opinion. Metal at its very best (i.e., Opeth) mixes its heavy extremes with melody and innovation.

Bardiel13
Originally posted by Nellinator
The most ignorant phenomenon in metal these days is the idea of true metal. Korn is metal most of the time with a few songs being more rock oriented. A vast majority of the people that argue against that don't understand the theory behind the music that makes them so.

Yes it's sad how judgemental the fandom is, but what can ya do, right?
Anyway, Korn hasn't been metal for a looooong time. Do they play heavy music? Sure. Do they play heavy metal? Nope. They're the epitome of nu-metal.

Alpha Centauri
Metal is the least inventive genre out there right now.

And no, it doesn't count that the fans of metal want to claim a million subgenres that don't exist. The music itself is very uninventive.

Emperor, Opeth, Mastodon, Gojira, Norma Jean, Dillinger, Metallica.

That's about all the metal I really need. It spans enough of metal to give me variation.

Anyway, Korn hasn't been metal for a looooong time.

They're the epitome of nu-metal.

Explain how this works, unless you're about to claim nu-metal, despite being a metal "subgenre", isn't metal purely because it's not heavy metal. That'd be dumb, so don't do it.

Originally posted by Deathblow
Metal at its very best (i.e., Opeth) mixes its heavy extremes with melody and innovation.

In that case, Opeth can be considered as much a hard rock band than a metal band, though.

Emperor are a band who, despite experimentation, remain very much a metal band.

-AC

Nellinator
Eww, at Dillinger Escape Plan and Norma Jean imo. But I couldn't agree more that metal bands pigeon-hole themselves into being generic. I definitely think you should check out Spiral Architect and Anacrusis though, you'd probably enjoy them, they are two of the few bands I respect for originality.

Nu-metal is hardly even a sub-genre. It's a place people shove bands that don't qualify into other sub-genres. Korn has little in common with System of a Down or Slipknot, but there they are being blanketed as nu-metal. Life is Peachy is one of the most original albums there are. I'm not a huge fan of Korn, but they were original. That said, after the first few albums they failed to really develop or expand.

Opeth is definitely a rock band at times. Undeniably on the Damnation album. They don't let them pigeon-hole themselves and I respect that.

Alpha Centauri
Dillinger and Norma Jean aren't original in the slightest, really. I just think they're the best at the kind of metal they're making.

Someone said to me the other day "You should check this band out, they're like Converge, you like Converge.", who are arguably metal (And have lots in common with punk), and I just thought "Why would I ever listen to them? I already listen to Converge." sort of thing.

Point being, if there are many more bands like Dillinger making that kind of metal, there's no point in listening to them since there isn't anyone better in my opinion, in that area. General rock is different, I know many bands who make rock music better than other rock bands, but those other rock bands are still worthwhile ENOUGH. Metal is too limited for that, so I just listen to the bands that are the best, in my opinion.

-AC

Nellinator
I noticed that you are towards very technical metal. Unlike Dillinger and Norma Jean, Spiral Architect uses a very good clean vocalist and have noticeable jazz influence. They aren't really like anyone else I can think of. Plus, I think they are technically more talented than Norma Jean, I'll give Dillinger kudos from craziness. Anacrusis is thrash with a little death metal and progressive influences, highly original imo. They're prodcution isn't great, but Manic Impressions and Screams & Whispers are my favourite thrash albums after Master of Puppets and Horrorscope by Overkill.

Alpha Centauri
I actually couldn't care less about Dillinger's technical ability, I admire it, I know it's there, I just dig their music. Same with Norma Jean, who don't seem exceptionally technical anyway.

-AC

tabby999
. Metal is too limited for that, so I just listen to the bands that are the best, in my opinion.

-AC

I know what you mean, why listen to Trivium when you can listen to Metallica being Metallica, but what do you find limiting about metal?

Nellinator
I know what you mean, why listen to Trivium when you can listen to Metallica being Metallica, but what do you find limiting about metal? I find the pigeonholing done to a lot of bands limiting. Bands that play, say, black metal rarely venture outside of it. And then, in a stroke of retardation from fans, they far too often discarded as sellouts if they slow down from 200+ bpm or if they experiment or use high quality production. Certain brands of metal elitism are destroying metal.

tabby999
Thats not my point, thats not the music being limiting, thats people limiting the music they play. And fans throw "sellout" around like its going out of style, its like emo, a overused and generally irrelevant term weilded by nobs.

Alpha Centauri
I know what you mean, why listen to Trivium when you can listen to Metallica being Metallica, but what do you find limiting about metal?

The fact that there's really not that much difference between bands, in the grand scheme of things.

It's not as varied as rock.

-AC

C. C. Cowgirl
this is my fist thread and i thought a cool subject to discuss would be the worst metal band ever.

None big grin

Worst in the eyes of one can be the best in the eyes of another yes

Micheal_Myers
The Berzerker....enough said...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>