Dumb American

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PVS
this has to be addressed.

to open, ill give my stance. this is not the topic, but just my motivation for creating this thread:

imho the whole "you americans dont do anything about it" argument is getting really old, and its baseless, childish, hypocritical, and downright eletist. what SHOULD americans who oppose current u.s. policies do? should we grab firearms and create anarchy? would you? what is this elusive 'thing' we are supposed to do which we are not doing already? all i read is "DO SOMETHING!!!!" but really, lets have a solution devoid of pinheaded rhetoric and insults.

now, THIS is the topic:

lets use myself as the model. i, pvs, am strongly opposed to the policies of the current u.s. administration. protesting is fast becoming illegal, my congressmen dont give a damn what i have to say, although my particular congressman (nj) seems to share my opposition, no thanks to me or any fellow n.j. taxpayers. so lets just say for the sake of argument that i live in.....minnesota....there we go. so now im in a corner and nobody's on my side.

list out an agenda of how i, the dumb american, can prove my worth and can finally be recognised among the greatness of everyone who is not from america, u.k., or isreal. no rhetoric, no insults, no bullshit damning diatribes which make the will of myself and bush one and the same. (example: YOU INVADED IRAQ!!! YOU MURDER INNOCENTS!!!! etc)

leave the high horse behind, and assume that i am genuinly a 'dumb american' and dont know better. its now up to you to steer me in the proper direction, or else you are ignoring your responsibility as an intelligent non-american to educate and help me understand. its up to you now to sheppard the ignorant. up for the challenge? here we go....

WHAT. SHOULD. I. DO> or more to the point, what would you do if you were in my shoes.

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
eletist.

Ironic.

PVS
Originally posted by Bardock42
Ironic.

off topic erm

Deano
having a pop at someone because they live on a certain bit of land is pathetic. the world was round last time i looked

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
off topic erm Sorry.

Originally posted by PVS

lets use myself as the model. i, pvs, am strongly opposed to the policies of the current u.s. administration. protesting is fast becoming illegal, my congressmen dont give a damn what i have to say, although my particular congressman (nj) seems to share my opposition, no thanks to me or any fellow n.j. taxpayers. so lets just say for the sake of argument that i live in.....minnesota....there we go. so now im in a corner and nobody's on my side.

list out an agenda of how i, the dumb american, can prove my worth and can finally be recognised among the greatness of everyone who is not from america, u.k., or isreal. no rhetoric, no insults, no bullshit damning diatribes which make the will of myself and bush one and the same. (example: YOU INVADED IRAQ!!! YOU MURDER INNOCENTS!!!! etc)

leave the high horse behind, and assume that i am genuinly a 'dumb american' and dont know better. its now up to you to steer me in the proper direction, or else you are ignoring your responsibility as an intelligent non-american to educate and help me understand. its up to you now to sheppard the ignorant. up for the challenge? here we go....

WHAT. SHOULD. I. DO> or more to the point, what would you do if you were in my shoes.

Well, it's hard to say, how bad is it? Is it like today, well, there's not much you can do support a party that you think will bring a change.
If it is much, much worse you might want to think about a sort of resistance (V style).

So, how are things in this case? How fascist is the system?

And, did I misunderstand?= This is about "politically dumb", right? Not ..well...real dumb?

jaden101
Originally posted by PVS

to open, ill give my stance. this is not the topic, but just my motivation for creating this thread:

imho the whole "you americans dont do anything about it" argument is getting really old, and its baseless, childish, hypocritical, and downright eletist. what SHOULD americans who oppose current u.s. policies do? should we grab firearms and create anarchy? would you? what is this elusive 'thing' we are supposed to do which we are not doing already? all i read is "DO SOMETHING!!!!" but really, lets have a solution devoid of pinheaded rhetoric and insults.

now, THIS is the topic:

i can see where you are coming from although i think the more pertinent comments seem to be "you had your chance to do something and didn't" ie: vote out Bush at the last election

clearly this is a stupid arguement as well to say to an individual because if you wanted to get rid of Bush you would have voted democrat and most likely did

it's now clear that organised protests are pointless because they are kept so far away from the leaders of countries that they dont even see them anyway...and even when they are millions strong...ie: the "not in my name" anti-war demonstrations they are fruitless

i guess they only available option is to become a activist for the democrats

obviously this is not feasible for alot of people because it's volountary and most people cant afford to give up paid work for that cause even if they wanted to

so you're pretty much up the creek without a paddle

regardless of what you do now...Bush is in power until the next election...and maybe his republican successor there after

Deano
bush is in power untill they decide otherwise. dont tell me you think the voting system makes a difference please

PVS
If it is much, much worse you might want to think about a sort of resistance (V style).

the only logical conclusion. and to do this would be to kiss more than one's own life goodbye, but go against every instinct of preservation for myself, family, friends, etc.

So, how are things in this case? How fascist is the system?

nationalism has been grossly bloated since 9-11, but nowhere near the irrational brainwashing magnitude as of when we were dealth that tragedy. so i would say that there is a corporate/fascist agenda, but it doesnt reflect the will of 'the people'. in fact i think if the media was not filtered and we could really see what is taking place in the middle east for what it is, the right who support the administration unconditionally would be a tiny minority. just my opinion though.

And, did I misunderstand?= This is about "politically dumb", right? Not ..well...real dumb?

well....i dont know, really. i assume the jab is intended as a complete and total damnation, as is the case with most rightous distribes we see. you know, americans are dumb in every possible way, we just watch tv and eat mcdonalds, chug budweiser longnecks as we fart in out lazy-boy's and masturbate while singing the star spangled banner...etc. thats the impression i get anyway from their attitudes. however the assumption, for the sake of topic, is that they only mean that we are politically dumb, and thus redeemable.

jaden101
Originally posted by Deano
bush is in power untill they decide otherwise. dont tell me you think the voting system makes a difference please

i thought bush was a puppet...

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by jaden101
i thought bush was a puppet...

When he says "they" he means the Lizard men....and illuminati Elitests...

PVS
please stop baiting deano. there is a whole conspiracy thread to bait deano in, please use it.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by PVS
well....i dont know, really. i assume the jab is intended as a complete and total damnation, as is the case with most rightous distribes we see. you know, americans are dumb in every possible way, we just watch tv and eat mcdonalds, chug budweiser longnecks as we fart in out lazy-boy's and masturbate while singing the star spangled banner...etc. thats the impression i get anyway from their attitudes.

It is an unfortunate attitude, and one I attribute, to a large degree, to the acceptance of media stereotypes. Not being from the US one is reasonably free from the sometimes over the top nationalistic attitudes. However the view offered still isn't always accurate - it is more often the case they show extremes. The violent American, the Racist American, the jingoistic American, George W. Bush. People don't very often get to see the every day American, the ones who don't agree with the stances put forward by the Administration - we are only shown the things we can a. laugh at (the quintessential dumb yank) or b. express disgust at (the gung ho, kick down the back door gun nut.) What makes it to the news? The bad things, the bad images.

I would say I sympathise being caught in a political environment that is far from pleasant. Likewise I sympathise with those that get tared with the same brush as the governments creating such negative images. Sadly, from a pragmatic point of view little can be done. Revolution rarely enough worked in the past, the idea of any real democratic uprising is almost a distant dream. Likewise it can breed a feeling of doubt about the democratic citizenry when it seems as if they lack the motivation or direction to make the necessary change.

The only thing, really, is to keep on trying. It might not achieve anything at all - but none the less it keeps ones integrity in tact. That "I wont go quietly into the night" attitude. If a system is wrong, don't agree with it. Vote, share your thoughts and feelings, and hope that enough people share your views to change it. Nothing might change, but a person can still think "well, I did my part with conviction and hope, and I should be proud of this. I didn't just cave in and become what I don't believe in." Granted, there will probably always be a negative view from somewhere that would see an entire nations people portrayed as a single negative entity whose fault it is something or another has happened. This is why it is vital, I feel, to have people who feel passionate about their views and the state of the nation - to stop a situation where a person could knock a nations people as a whole, and be right.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
Elitests

Seriously, what the **** is wrong with you people?

Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
it is more often the case they show extremes. The violent American, the Racist American, the jingoistic American, George W. Bush.

Good one...

jaden101
Originally posted by PVS
please stop baiting deano. there is a whole conspiracy thread to bait deano in, please use it.

it's just too hard to resist

leonheartmm
Originally posted by PVS

now, THIS is the topic:

you know what the PROBLEM is PVS most americans cant even spell half the words u can not to mention express them in the way that u have. ur not just sum1 fairly intelligent with biased views which u havent really logically measured out. most americans are NOT like you and cant even THINK or CARE to put up an argument like that. get what im saying.

PVS
Originally posted by leonheartmm
you know what the PROBLEM is PVS most americans cant even spell half the words u can not to mention express them in the way that u have. ur not just sum1 fairly intelligent with biased views which u havent really logically measured out. most americans are NOT like you and cant even THINK or CARE to put up an argument like that. get what im saying.

i dont think i've ever been annoyed with compliments before. interesting.

Soleran

Well, spellcheck is your friend. Judging by your own comments I am assuming your American.

PVS
Originally posted by Soleran
Well, spellcheck is your friend. Judging by your own comments I am assuming your American.

enough irony. back to topic

leonheartmm
n theres a lot of evidence of that, america is directly or indirectly involved/responisible for most of the conflicts of the world due to it being a super power and HAVING to poke its nose everywhere n thats FINE, but the sad fact is that most of its people dont know CRAP about more than half the planet{even the name or location} and the countries that THEIR government is very significantly affecting using the american PUBLIC'S taxes. a nation is responsible for it's government's actions specially an organised democracy like the us but they are least bothered which is QUITE evident from bush being reallected. only about 4000 people died in the september 11th attacks n YOU the SMART americans took it on yourself to not only hate the muslim world{or GREATLY increase the already existing hate} and FIGHT terrorism in sovereign states. isnt it REASONABLE to assume that the loved ones and supporters of the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS that have died in africa, kashmir, afghanistan, iraq not to mention the many raped, taken advantage of economically by the US's unfair trade monopoly and the many MANY internal conflicts that rise as a result of america sucking the third world of its resources among many other things and the people being very drastically affected by these things would call the american public with a humble insult like STUPID?! n u dont think even THAT is fair?!

leonheartmm
hey i forgot palestine.

leonheartmm
my spelling rent bad. im just in a temporary place right now with nowhere RIGHT to put the keyboard n im not used to it in the position it is.

PVS
n theres a lot of evidence of that, america is directly or indirectly involved/responisible for most of the conflicts of the world due to it being a super power and HAVING to poke its nose everywhere n thats FINE, but the sad fact is that most of its people dont know CRAP about more than half the planet{even the name or location} and the countries that THEIR government is very significantly affecting using the american PUBLIC'S taxes. a nation is responsible for it's government's actions specially an organised democracy like the us but they are least bothered which is QUITE evident from bush being reallected. only about 4000 people died in the september 11th attacks n YOU the SMART americans took it on yourself to not only hate the muslim world{or GREATLY increase the already existing hate} and FIGHT terrorism in sovereign states. isnt it REASONABLE to assume that the loved ones and supporters of the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS that have died in africa, kashmir, afghanistan, iraq not to mention the many raped, taken advantage of economically by the US's unfair trade monopoly and the many MANY internal conflicts that rise as a result of america sucking the third world of its resources among many other things and the people being very drastically affected by these things would call the american public with a humble insult like STUPID?! n u dont think even THAT is fair?!

complete and total counterproductive horseshit. you continue to insult the whole of the american population to make yourself feel inteligent and validated. spew your hateful crap on some other thread, because all you are doing is destroying any intelligent debate concerning world affairs. really, contribute or leave. or you can just continue trolling, in which case ill report you. erm

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
enough irony. back to topic

Damn, I wanted to point that out.

docb77
I didn't know that there even was anything fair in the world. Please enlighten me. What country is perfectly equitable with their dealings with others.

Bardock42
Originally posted by docb77
I didn't know that there even was anything fair in the world. Please enlighten me. What country is perfectly equitable with their dealings with others.

Germany.

PVS
Originally posted by PVS
now, THIS is the topic:

its just frikin impossible isnt it? yet people still find time to run their mouths nonstop....never even attempting to answer the question

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
its just frikin impossible isnt it? yet people still find time to run their mouths nonstop....never even attempting to answer the question I got the topic, but well, if there's a question it has to be answered. But thanks for pointing it out again.

PVS
that was aimed at the people who barged in and did exactly what i asked not to, because really they have no solution and thus to confront that would shatter their world, which internet heresay and humor has painted for them. and then they may just have to face their own hypocrisy and blame the people responsible rather than blaming the people who happen to live on the same chunk of land.

GCG
Originally posted by PVS

Shouldnt the title be 'Dumb US Citizens' ?

Why involve an entire continent or two for 1 nation ?

Thats dumb ! stick out tongue

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
that was aimed at the people who barged in and did exactly what i asked not to, because really they have no solution and thus to confront that would shatter their world, which internet heresay and humor has painted for them. and then they may just have to face their own hypocrisy and blame the people responsible rather than blaming the people who happen to live on the same chunk of land.

Maybe they are just "title readers" though....

Originally posted by GCG

Thats dumb ! stick out tongue Cause all those that do the deed make the same mistakes. I know...ironic.

Morgoths_Wrath
every country has stereotypes. I could have named a few, but I found a list that pretty much hits the nail on the head...

Africans are uncivilized, wear loincloths, carry spears and fight lions. Their women have saggy breasts and their children are starving. Most have AIDS and will kill people for food. In a fit of pride they'll toss the decendants of their former colonial overlords off of productive farms. As they begin to starve they must then beg their former colonial overlords for food aid.

Afro-Caribbeans are portrayed either as pot smoking, uneducated, jobless slackers or people that work multiple jobs. Like their Afro-American brethren, they're stereotypically attracted to large, white women and tend to womanize.

Americans are obese, ignorant, illiterate, selfish, pushy, aggressive, not afraid of bellicose solutions to international problems no matter how minor they are, and/or arrogant, indifferent towards international affairs. Also seen as conservative to a fault. Many international films tend to swirl American cultural stereotypes into one. A flaky, Valley Girl type American stereotype would often be portrayed wearing a cowboy hat or a New York Yankees baseball cap (Those stereotypes would be better fitting Easterners or Southwesterners)

-Italian-Americans are all in the Mafia, wear dark suits and wear sunglasses and have a moustache. Those who are not in the Mafia have Italian restaunts or are Janitors. They speak either very slowly or very quickly and often have bad accents.

-New Jersey natives have a "New York Accent" and pronounces Jersey as 'Joisy'. They are all mobsters, they can determine where other Jerseyans live by asking, "What exit?" (in regards to the New Jersey turnpike), and eat at diners on a regular basis. People from New Jersey spend most of their free time at the mall.

-African-Americans are lazy and receive numerous forms of government aid. They are members of gangs and have been to prison for crack-cocaine possession. Are known to use strange hair products that make their hair greasy, and often keep a hair pick or comb handy, by placing it in their hair. Women are large and have enormous breasts and buttocks. Men are said to have large penis's and wear their pants low, a style to which they became accustomed when their belts were taken away in prison. African-Americans love fried chicken, watermelon, gold teeth, and rap music. All are aspiring rap stars. Men have fathered numerous children with different women, and have raised none of them.

-Southern Californians Are flaky and ditzy. Seen as not having skills to survive in the real world.

-Northern Californians are dirty hippies, out of touch with the world and unbearably smug.

-Midwesterners are seen as provincial and out of touch with popular culture and have odd Scandinavian and Germanic influenced cusine. Northern Midwesterners speak in a Scandinavian influenced accent.

-American Southerners are racist, backwards, uneducated, slick-talking, and or brash. They usually drive large pick-up trucks and wear cowboy hats. They are obsessed with guns, country music, fishing and hunting, and NASCAR.

Asians are good at math and science, but horrible at driving cars. Could never pronounce R's and L's correctly and are polite to a fault. They are obsessed with technology, ie. mobile phones, mp3 players and cameras.

Australians wear weatherbeaten hats with dangling corks, and are good at sports as well as being ignorant.

Canadians Are dependent on the government. They are fond of beer and love hockey and hate Americans. They end almost evey sentence with the question, "eh?". They are also know for eating their famous 'Kraft Dinner' and saying 'aboot' instead of 'about.'

Cubans, especially Miami based Cuban-Americans, are extremely anti-communist, business oriented, and clannish.

The English are either reserved, public school-educated gentlemen (often wielding a bowler hat and rolled umbrella, and never far from a cup of tea and a crumpet) or loud Cockneys (see Dick Van Dyke's portrayal of Bert the chimney sweep in Mary Poppins), often with a taste for football hooliganism. Both tend to be overly deferential to the Queen and authority figures in general. BBC: "What do you think about issue X?" Typical response: "Oh I don't know, I'd just leave it up to the experts." Lastly, they are famous for their substandard dental hygiene.

French people never bathe, smoke heavily, always wear a beret, eat frogs' legs, are rude, and are rather weak and cowardly Additionally, they are liberal to a fault. They travel by bicycle with a string of onions around their neck. The French also enjoy 'smelly' cheeses, Jerry Lewis, and escargot.

Germans (and Austrians) are Nazis, consume huge amounts of beer, sausages, and sauerkraut. They behave like machines, efficient but unemotional {like The Terminator (Arnold Schwarzenegger) for example}. They have no sense of humor. They wear lederhosen and are good at making cars. All Germans have blonde hair and blue eyes.

Morgoths_Wrath
Greeks are conservative, superstitious, family oriented and extremely clannish, as seen in the comedy My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

Asian Indians smell like curry, live next door and either own restaurants,hotels, or convenience stores, drive taxicabs or are employed in the IT sector or work in Gas stations. Generally they are thrifty (e.g. bargaining at the stores, etc.), and like to show off/take credits. Tends to have a large Vocabulary in English, to the point where they would use very technical terms for simple things. Also portrayed as nerdy. Aspire to the american dream.

Irish are backwards and of low intelligence. Drunk and/or fiery-tempered redheads and have a large amount of children. They drink Guinness and like horse racing. They are also Catholic and hate the English.

Italian men are chauvinists, mobsters, hot-blooded and/or over-emotional, vain, and live an indulgent lifestyle. Often they are fashionable and elegant looking and drive sport cars.

Japanese are workaholics and are of short stature; Japanese tourists spend their entire trip taking pictures of things. They copy and try to fit the western cultures. Guys pluck their eye brows and dye their hair in red. More importantly, they are poor drivers, driving ten miles per hour below the speed limit and not using turn signals. They are good at making cars and motorbikes i.e. Honda .

Jews are careful and obsessed with money, usually do commerce or finance related jobs and many of them are obsessed with religion. They can't throw away stuff without a refund. Most Jewish children are encouraged to become either bankers, lawyers or doctors and Jewish women are strongly urged to marry a wealthy man or professional. Jews usually have large noses. They usually are also portrayed as having dark hair and skin.

Mexicans are unkemot, drink too much tequila and Bud Light and work hard dirty jobs for little money. Most are seen as arriving into the USA undocumented. They are either obese or scrawny and take naps when they should be working. All Mexicans are given to histrionics. Most Mexican women are cleaning ladies and begin having babies when they are teenagers (many of these teens attempt to fling themselves across the Rio Grande as their water is breaking for decent hospitalization and the welfare benefits their U.S. citizen children can garner). Additionally, many Mexicans pass the time selling drugs, playing soccer and raping white woman. They are devoutly Catholic, although most do not attend church, especially the older women and almost always wear Crucifixes. Men generally sport a black mustache and a poncho and sombrero. Both sexes are fond of cheap gold jewelry, which contains a Catholic theme or their first or surname. Sunday is a "family day" and they will do anything to get out of work to go to the park with their family (including the extended family) on this day. They drive late-model Oldsmobiles and Chevys with rims that cost more that the car itself, with a bright, glittery paint job. Love pick-up trucks with hydraulics and 13" wheels with flashy "spinners".

Middle Easterners are Islamic and commit or support terrorist acts. They travel on camels and wear funny hats. They detest Israel and are ruled by evil dicators, who constantly claim everything is a "Zionist conspiracy". They ride flying carpets and have have magical lamps that produce Genies when rubbed.

Native Americans are impoverished, drunks, or noble savages. Moreover, they are unattractive. They run casinos. They can talk to animals.

Polish In the US, they are seen as very dim-witted, and are famous for building a submarine with a screen door, and travelling to the sun (at night). In Europe, they are said to be thieves and pickpockets. In France and sometimes Britain they are seen as cheap and efficient plumbers.

Puerto Ricans tend to be rowdy, the majority of them live on Welfare and apply for Public Housing, and make too much noise. They always drive around with Puerto Rican flags in their cars, sometimes in covering the entire back window of their cars and they have large amounts of people living in very small apartments or houses which they destroy because they never clean and cook terrible smelling food.

Romanians Romanians eat cabage rolls, sausages and polenta. They are really proud of their country but want to leave it when nobody is looking. They never admit their mistakes and are dutifuly compliant with the requests of the US government.

Russians are jovial, drink vodka and are Communists. They are good at chess and logical problems. They love outer space and tetris.

Scottish people wear kilts, play bagpipes, and are violent. They drink massive amounts of scotch and are seen as Neds. Scottish people are also very thrifty with money are very creative. They even have ugly teeth.

Spaniards are people who always have bull races. Their women have unibrows.

Southeast Asians, which include Thai, Burmese, Laotians, Cambodians are generally polite, humble and hospitable.

Swedish are very tall and have blonde hair. Swedish girls are very good looking.

Welsh people are fat, ugly, good at singing and hate anything English. They have a language that sounds like you're getting strangled or choked and have sex with sheep.

jaden101
Originally posted by PVS

perhaps people outwith the US see the population as responsible for bringing the administration into power in the first place

as a US citizen, you arguably have more sway than a non US citizen (albeit a tiny bit more) with regards to what policies are implemented because of your right to vote

the people who see every American as responsible for the administrations actions have the exact same idiotic opinion as Al qaeda who said after 9/11 that the victims were legitimate targets because they voted the Bush Administration in...totally disregarding the fact the most of them probably didn't vote for Bush given that the republicans never win new york

and hope is not lost entirely for minnisota...they did vote democrat in the 96 election...

jaden101
some stereotypes are right on the money...except for the neds bit

leonheartmm
PVS, u started the topic n when i gave a view which is RIGHT u call it counterproductive and horseshit. its just this type of arrogance that make's people's blood boil. ill simply give u a summary:

u dont have a problem with hundreds of THOUSANDS of people being killed but DO have a problem if any of those citizens or similar CALL you and the wrest of your coutry DUM? think over that.

jaden101
PVS, u started the topic n when i gave a view which is RIGHT u call it counterproductive and horseshit. its just this type of arrogance that make's people's blood boil. ill simply give u a summary:

u dont have a problem with hundreds of THOUSANDS of people being killed but DO have a problem if any of those citizens or similar CALL you and the wrest of your coutry DUM? think over that.

you're really not getting his politics are you?

hell i cant believe i'm sticking up for PVS

Bardock42
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
People from New Jersey spend most of their free time at the mall.
Haha, was that a stereotype previously to Mallrats as well?

leonheartmm
you're really not getting his politics are you?

hell i cant believe i'm sticking up for PVS

i am. and his views were QUITE different when i insulted bush n condy.

Bardock42
i am. and his views were QUITE different when i insulted bush n condy.

Hmm, how can I somehow make that clear to you...hmm...READ THE FIRST ****ING POST.

PVS
its f***ing amazing isnt it? and he calls me "DUM"

PVS
Originally posted by GCG

Thats dumb ! stick out tongue

clever, witty, and way overused. the term is "dumb american" or if you prefer "stupid/fat/lazy/idiot american". its the term coined by people who are not american, and thus i quote it in the thread title.
so i guess its back to the drawing board.

leonheartmm
PVS u shud have called for people to stop calling YOU a dumb american instead of discouraging its use in general.

Bardock42
PVS u shud have called for people to stop calling YOU a dumb american instead of discouraging its use in general.

No, generaliting "dumb americans" is stupid. So, the call was very just.

PVS

you should: READ THE OPENING POST instead of continuing to run your mouth. just a suggestion.

GCG
Originally posted by PVS
clever, witty, and way overused. the term is "dumb american" or if you prefer "stupid/fat/lazy/idiot american". its the term coined by people who are not american, and thus i quote it in the thread title.
so i guess its back to the drawing board.

Well I dont know. Perhaps it derives from a self critical assesment by the US nation itself or could have originated by the jelousy other nations share against the US. Perhaps people see the US as a potential country that comandeers all other nations of the earth (they already are), therfore thy find it apalling that such a country with so much Intelligence, Achievemnts, Infrastracture, Education etc etc etc,.....still has 'dumb' people in it.

Or perhaps anti-US policy people find some sort of comfort and/or satisfaction in dissing the Americans in the US. Why ? I dont know.

There must be a reason as to why the ignorance is amplified when it comes to looking and criticising the US.

leonheartmm
No, generaliting "dumb americans" is stupid. So, the call was very just.

not really u might not like it but facts are fact. u wudnt see me goin aroun stopping people from calling people in my country extremists, sexists etc.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by PVS

There is nothing you can do. It's impossible to educate the entire population of a country when the media pretends to represent the diverse ideas of this nations ability to exercise free speech. Propoganda is a powerful thing, and as Hitler said "Make the lie big, tell it often enough, and the people will believe it" As George Carlin said: Germany may have lost the second world war, but fascism won it."

It's unfortunate that so many people flaunt the freedom of speech, but forget about the freedom of thought. Willful ignorance is the real enemy of progress.

Hitler: "What luck for rulers that men do not think."

Bardock42
not really u might not like it but facts are fact. u wudnt see me goin aroun stopping people from calling people in my country extremists, sexists etc.

No, it's actually wrong...been there...met smart US citizens.-..met stupid USers (god, there should be a decent name for you ****ers)...met a lot of average ones. It'S just not true. It is a stupid stereotype. Although you make me believe that there is at least one more.

BackFire
PVS, you can rest soundly knowing that everyone who thinks Americans are stupid or condemn you for not "doing something" is stupid themselves.

leonheartmm
Originally posted by GCG
Well I dont know. Perhaps it derives from a self critical assesment by the US nation itself or could have originated by the jelousy other nations share against the US. Perhaps people see the US as a potential country that comandeers all other nations of the earth (they already are), therfore thy find it apalling that such a country with so much Intelligence, Achievemnts, Infrastracture, Education etc etc etc,.....still has 'dumb' people in it.

Or perhaps anti-US policy people find some sort of comfort and/or satisfaction in dissing the Americans in the US. Why ? I dont know.

There must be a reason as to why the ignorance is amplified when it comes to looking and criticising the US.

self praising bull. IGNORANCE/ARROGANCE is the reason why people hate americans. and that is, ignorance and arrogance on the part of american citizens.

Bardock42
self praising bull. IGNORANCE/ARROGANCE is the reason why people hate americans. and that is, ignorance and arrogance on the part of american citizens.

No

WrathfulDwarf
Me no stoopid Me thunk i betty funny and smort

Bardock42
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Me no stoopid Me thunk i betty funny and smort

Hi Betty Funny, I'm Bardock42 ..hehe

Capt_Fantastic

That in and of itself tends to show a bit of ignorance. And it kind of shows how you've missed the point of the thread. You blame the American citizens for the actions of the current administration that runs the country. How personally responsible are you for the actions of the leaders of your country? As Roosevelt said, "the buck stops here" referring to his role as President. While your view seems to be that the buck stops on the doorstep of every American citizen.

WrathfulDwarf
Hi Betty Funny, I'm Bardock42 ..hehe

hullo bardock69 a you german form Russia?! me so intelgentlent lolololol!!!!

Capt_Fantastic

You're helping the terrorists.

Bardock42

You are the reason why Michael Jackson is white now.

WrathfulDwarf
Helping terrorist and making MJ white...I'm on a roll here.

PVS

so you still cant answer the question? still have no trouble running that mouth though, huh? put some of that boundless energy into something useful and *clears throat*:

READ THE TOPIC

PVS
no no no, stop quoting. shut your mouth and read the topic. SHUT UP>>>>READ>>>>>THEN SPEAK

leonheartmm
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
That in and of itself tends to show a bit of ignorance. And it kind of shows how you've missed the point of the thread. You blame the American citizens for the actions of the current administration that runs the country. How personally responsible are you for the actions of the leaders of your country? As Roosevelt said, "the buck stops here" referring to his role as President. While your view seems to be that the buck stops on the doorstep of every American citizen.

im not proud of my country or its politicians. i feal great contempt towards it and consider myself a kid that was born here and will get out of here as soon as i can if i cant stay to make it a better place. its corrupt from top to bottom and fulll of extremists, disgusting cultures, taboos and assholes. it gives it's people nothing and isnt organized enough to let the upper corrupt politicians fead on any1 but their own country. i in short dont consider myself it's citizen and wherever i can in the repressive system, i help or try to.

now MY situation is QUITE different from PVS's who{iam assuming he IS american} has a coiuntry which has fed on most of the third world for the better part of the century and in turn has called itself a great capitalist democracy/lanf of the free/the new world and whose politicians are nowhere NEAR as corrupt as mine and most of what the US snatches from the wrest of the struggling word's hands is used to benefit its CITIZENS out of whom most happily{well in a matter of speaking} pay their taxes and fully SUPPORT their terrible highly organised and democratic government. in such a place a voice CAN do a lot unlike my country where it doesnt matter. instead of condemnig his government{like i do mine and rightly so} PVS is rather going for the RIGHTS of its citizens who are behind the government more or less while putting in a few words of sympathy towards the wrest of the world. now im not saying hes EVIL just ignorant/arrogant{perhaps to a lesser degree than most americans} as STOPPING people from calling americans DUMB is definately higher on his agenda than caring for the suffering or pointing out/condemning his own government. simply put if america makes other people suffer and take away their right without it being OK with the victim then definately americans who as PVS said RENT dumb need to ATLEAST put a compareable effort in condemning or overthrowing its current government wheather they like it or NOT. now do u understand what im saying. an american merely ADDING that he doesnt appreciate his govenment much {while really saying}but whats more pressing to him is the fact that most suffering people should NOT call americans dum is like bandaid for a bullet wound. heck not even that.

so i suppose what im trying to convey here is that no american has a RIGHT to ask sumthin like that{n yes i know it seems insignificant n looks like im making a mountain out of a mole hill but its the truth}

PVS

KidRock
edit

Capt_Fantastic
im not proud of my country or its politicians. i feal great contempt towards it and consider myself a kid that was born here and will get out of here as soon as i can if i cant stay to make it a better place. its corrupt from top to bottom and fulll of extremists, disgusting cultures, taboos and assholes. it gives it's people nothing and isnt organized enough to let the upper corrupt politicians fead on any1 but their own country. i in short dont consider myself it's citizen and wherever i can in the repressive system, i help or try to.

now MY situation is QUITE different from PVS's who{iam assuming he IS american} has a coiuntry which has fed on most of the third world for the better part of the century and in turn has called itself a great capitalist democracy/lanf of the free/the new world and whose politicians are nowhere NEAR as corrupt as mine and most of what the US snatches from the wrest of the struggling word's hands is used to benefit its CITIZENS out of whom most happily{well in a matter of speaking} pay their taxes and fully SUPPORT their terrible highly organised and democratic government. in such a place a voice CAN do a lot unlike my country where it doesnt matter. instead of condemnig his government{like i do mine and rightly so} PVS is rather going for the RIGHTS of its citizens who are behind the government more or less while putting in a few words of sympathy towards the wrest of the world. now im not saying hes EVIL just ignorant/arrogant{perhaps to a lesser degree than most americans} as STOPPING people from calling americans DUMB is definately higher on his agenda than caring for the suffering or pointing out/condemning his own government. simply put if america makes other people suffer and take away their right without it being OK with the victim then definately americans who as PVS said RENT dumb need to ATLEAST put a compareable effort in condemning or overthrowing its current government wheather they like it or NOT. now do u understand what im saying. an american merely ADDING that he doesnt appreciate his govenment much {while really saying}but whats more pressing to him is the fact that most suffering people should NOT call americans dum is like bandaid for a bullet wound. heck not even that.

so i suppose what im trying to convey here is that no american has a RIGHT to ask sumthin like that{n yes i know it seems insignificant n looks like im making a mountain out of a mole hill but its the truth}

That doesn't make ANY sense to me. If you can understand that you don't like to politics of your countrys leaders and have done nothing to stop their actions, then why do you think American citizens are any more capable of preventing the actions of our leaders? There is a huge number of American citizens that have openly protested the war in Iraq, on top of any number of other international policies. So, what is the answer? And that's the point of the thread. Riots and open rebellion? Assassination? The whole point of the thread is to ask you what you want us to do! Don't keep talking shit if you aren't going to answer the question. All you're doing is repeating the accusations leveled against American citizens. This is your chance to voice your opinion on how we should handle this problem.

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS

He doesn't get it...oh well..heheheh, the tiny one can't take a hint, heheheheh. He doesn't understand, he's small.

leonheartmm
to create a parallel ill give an example.{sorta symbolic so dont read too much into it, just see what im saying}

a palastenian is hanging from a ledge with only one hand as the other has been chopped off and the area under him is full of fire and he is being cooked to death. this is after his family has been killed along with most of the neighbourhood in a bombing raid by isreal{whose using american weapons and support} PVS is sitting calmly in his home with most comforts that the palestenian cant imagine{but seems average to PVS} and is thinkin how he doesnt like his government but how he thinks people calling him a dumb american is unfair. through a tear in the space time continuem a visual window is created just above the place where the palastenian is grabbing on for his life. mystically they both know who they are and the conversation begins.

pl=palastenian

PVS = PVS

pl. HELP ME GODDAMIT
pvs. sorry i cant
pl. what the HELL are you doing sitting in your study while your government supports this genocide?!
pvs. well i had a few nice drinks with my friend and now i felt like contemplating in silence
pl. you bastard were dying here and your contemplating{still hanging on for dear life}
pvs. why what do expect us to do were only citizens{calmly answers while sipping cofee and staring at the constellations from his window}
pl. i dunno ANYTHING! goddammit anything! im dying here! dont u care
pvs. its not like that, see ive been thinkin too these last few days n think i dont like our government much{pl is slowly losing conciousness because of loss of blood}
pvs.{continues} but theres not much i can doo see, my hands are tied{another calm smile} my mum wont let me out of the house for long and people might laugh at me if i plan even a small rally against bush
pl. ****n hell i dodge bombs everyday not to mention bullets n u cant even get out of your house you dum amercian!
pvs. HEY NOW! dont call us dum americans ......................this has to be addressed.

now, THIS is the topic:

ps. already fell to his death long before PVS's speach was over still cursing him which pvs only replied to by saying, YOUR A STUPID CHILD WITH NOT EVEN A HINT OF LOGIC IN YOUR STATEMENTS, BETTER LET US "ADULTS" HANDLE THE POLITICS AND INTELLIGENT STUFF. {the sad fate of most of america's victims}

Bardock42
Anyone else for post-natal abortion?

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by PVS

It seems to me that a lot of Americans who are anti-Bush are left with little choice as to what to do. They either stay and wait it out, or leave. During the last 4 years, I've yet to meet an American outside of the US who actually voted for or supports Bush.

Capt_Fantastic
through a tear in the space time continuem a visual window is created just above the place where the palastenian is grabbing on for his life. mystically

So your answer to the question is for PVS to break the laws of physics and use magic to stop our political leaders?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
It seems to me that a lot of Americans who are anti-Bush are left with little choice as to what to do. They either stay and wait it out, or leave. During the last 4 years, I've yet to meet an American outside of the US who actually voted for or supports Bush. Or....no one would admit that outside of the US.

KharmaDog
Any value that this discussion may have possesed has been obliterated by leonheartmm's unintelligable posts. For god's sake man, learn rudemtary communication skills before you comment on the intelligence of others or try to communicate in general.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Seriously, what the **** is wrong with you people?

I don't believe in the Illuminati theory, I just humour it...

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Or....no one would admit that outside of the US.

Which would lead one to the question: why they would vote for a man they are internationally ashamed of?

Bardock42
I don't believe in the Illuminati theory, I just humour it...

I eat chocolate at 5 pm ....any other random "facts" we want to share with each other?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Which would lead one to the question: why they would vote for a man they are internationally ashamed of?

They are not ashamed of it, they just think that all non-americans arew anti-american anti-christs.

Grand_Moff_Gav
I eat chocolate at 5 pm ....any other random "facts" we want to share with each other?

Oh I see, you where asking if there was something wrong with me because i spealt "Elitists" wrong...I see...

PVS, the answer is simple, sit tight, do nothing, and just be glad it isn't your home being bombarded night and day!

Capt_Fantastic
Hey Bardock, did you see Bush grope your Chancellor? Has it made the news more than it has here?

Ya Krunk'd Floo
They are not ashamed of it, they just think that all non-americans arew anti-american anti-christs.

Oh, I get it now. However, if they are lying to my mother-f*cking face, den ain't they walkin' wit da Jesus. I calls dem hippomacrites.

South-Westside.

Bardock42
Hey Bardock, did you see Bush grope your Chancellor? Has it made the news more than it has here?

No, haven't heard or read of that...what happened?

Capt_Fantastic
No, haven't heard or read of that...what happened?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geFCRNOWni4&search=bush%20merkel

Bardock42
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geFCRNOWni4&search=bush%20merkel

Weird...but not really a big deal, is it?

WrathfulDwarf

I think I can help...

Let's say me (I voted for Bush)

And I'm traveling somewhere in Europe and a couple of guys approach me and ask:

"You're American"

I say: "Yes"

Then they ask: "Did you voted for Bush?"

I say: "Yeah, and?"

*they jump me and kick my ass*

Then they walk away and say: "F ck America!"

I'm laying there all beat up and saying to myself. "Why didn't I just kept my shut?"

See, this case would be similar if two guys in America were to ask a travelling Muslim man:

"Do you support Bin Laden?"

It's there really a need to ask foreigners what their political views are? When It comes to strangers...you shouldn't really give them that much information about yourself. You really don't know who you're talking to.

leonheartmm
to create a parallel ill give an example.{sorta symbolic so dont read too much into it, just see what im saying}

a palastenian is hanging from a ledge with only one hand as the other has been chopped off and the area under him is full of fire and he is being cooked to death. this is after his family has been killed along with most of the neighbourhood in a bombing raid by isreal{whose using american weapons and support} PVS is sitting calmly in his home with most comforts that the palestenian cant imagine{but seems average to PVS} and is thinkin how he doesnt like his government but how he thinks people calling him a dumb american is unfair. through a tear in the space time continuem a visual window is created just above the place where the palastenian is grabbing on for his life. mystically they both know who they are and the conversation begins.

pl=palastenian

PVS = PVS

pl. HELP ME GODDAMIT
pvs. sorry i cant
pl. what the HELL are you doing sitting in your study while your government supports this genocide?!
pvs. well i had a few nice drinks with my friend and now i felt like contemplating in silence
pl. you bastard were dying here and your contemplating{still hanging on for dear life}
pvs. why what do expect us to do were only citizens{calmly answers while sipping cofee and staring at the constellations from his window}
pvs. its not like that, see ive been thinkin too these last few days n think i dont like our government much{pl is slowly losing conciousness because of loss of blood}
pvs.{continues} but theres not much i can doo see, my hands are tied{another calm smile} my mum wont let me out of the house for long and people might laugh at me if i plan even a small rally against bush
pl. ****n hell i dodge bombs everyday not to mention bullets n u cant even get out of your house you dum amercian!
pvs. HEY NOW! dont call us dum americans ......................this has to be addressed.

now, THIS is the topic:

ps. already fell to his death long before PVS's speach was over still cursing him which pvs only replied to by saying, YOUR A STUPID CHILD WITH NOT EVEN A HINT OF LOGIC IN YOUR STATEMENTS, BETTER LET US "ADULTS" HANDLE THE POLITICS AND INTELLIGENT STUFF. {the sad fate of most of america's victims}

yea i have no communication skills whopee!!!!!!!!!

Grand_Moff_Gav
I don't think anyone would jump you for voting Bush...no wait...Europe...yeah it's possible, but i find it unlikely that that would happen,

Capt_Fantastic
Weird...but not really a big deal, is it?

No, it just shows his total lack of respect for the leader of another country. Did you see the look on her face?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yEKgQyMmYo

Bardock42
I think I can help...

Let's say me (I voted for Bush)

And I'm traveling somewhere in Europe and a couple of guys approach me and ask:

"You're American"

I say: "Yes"

Then they ask: "Did you voted for Bush?"

I say: "Yeah, and?"

*they jump me and kick my ass*

Then they walk away and say: "F ck America!"

I'm laying there all beat up and saying to myself. "Why didn't I just kept my shut?"

See, this case would be similar if two guys in America were to ask a travelling Muslim man:

"Do you support Bin Laden?"

It's there really a need to ask foreigners what their political views are? When It comes to strangers...you shouldn't really give them that much information about yourself. You really don't know who you're talking to.

Yeah, I agree.....you know another weird question I basically only encountered in America is "So, and where do you like it better?" ...I mena...come on....what the hell am I supposed to answer to that.....off topic.

Bardock42
No, it just shows his total lack of respect for the leader of another country. Did you see the look on her face?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yEKgQyMmYo

Oh my god...I mean...seriously....poor Merkel there.

Although the first thing seemed more friendly, she kind of reacted weirdly, I think.

WrathfulDwarf
I don't think anyone would jump you for voting Bush...no wait...Europe...yeah it's possible, but i find it unlikely that that would happen,

The point is not whether they will jump me or not...the point is why be so informative about your political views in another country? You should only discuss such topics with people you feel can be trusted. Of course I don't think this most likely will happen but is better not take any chances. Discretion is always the best thing to do.

Yeah, I agree.....you know another weird question I basically only encountered in America is "So, and where do you like it better?" ...I mena...come on....what the hell am I supposed to answer to that.....off topic.

Just tell them you are here to spend money. Just don't say it so loud in NY. Especially with muggers around.

Grand_Moff_Gav
The point is not whether they will jump me or not...the point is why be so informative about your political views in another country? You should only discuss such topics with people you feel can be trusted. Of course I don't think this most likely will happen but is better not take any chances. Discretion is always the best thing to do.

But I'm willing to bet that you don't share who you voted for with alot of people even in your home nation, i have found it a very hard buisness trying to get people to tell me who they voted for. It is private information, and what we should say to people who vote someone we don't like is,

"I don't like your views, but i'll defend your right to have them!"

But sadly the world doesn't work like that...

WrathfulDwarf
But I'm willing to bet that you don't share who you voted for with alot of people even in your home nation, i have found it a very hard buisness trying to get people to tell me who they voted for. It is private information, and what we should say to people who vote someone we don't like is,

If I feel like sharing it and is appropiate for the convo I'll do it. I'm always willing to hear what the other side say. However, if the other side starts "WHY THE ((BEEP)) DID YOU DOIT????" I just turn my back and go elsewhere. I like conversation not condemnation.

leonheartmm

youve been watching too much of jackie chan adventures. smile boink boink.

Lord Urizen
Americans are Dumb laughing

If we are all dumb, then what does that say about the rest of the world?

Grand_Moff_Gav
If I feel like sharing it and is appropiate for the convo I'll do it. I'm always willing to hear what the other side say. However, if the other side starts "WHY THE ((BEEP)) DID YOU DOIT????" I just turn my back and go elsewhere. I like conversation not condemnation.

agreed, the following comment by leonheartmm confused me abit though...

GCG
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
Americans are Dumb laughing

If we are all dumb, then what does that say about the rest of the world?

The rest of the World is America.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by GCG

But realistically, being Dumb has nothing to do with what nation you come from.

Stupidity and Ignorance is an Individual trait, that is not automatically spawned by a geographic or social locaiton.

Imperial_Samura

As I said earlier I don't find Americans inherently more or less ignorant (for the most part, however unlike in other places the ones that actually are ignorant are usually very vocal and loud) then any other place. However the patriotism can sometimes be really uncomfortable.

I have traveled a bit, and while people will ask "so what do you think of it here?" the US is the only place I have encountered more then a few people who expect every one wants to be American. Then they seem surprised when one doesn't say "yeah, I wish I'd be born here instead of my own nation." Seriously, a guy once said "I bet you'd like to live here" and then seemed more then a little put off when I said "No, its nice to visit, but I'm happy where I live now"

docb77
Oh, come on now. It has nothing to do with expecting you to want to be an american. Fact is it's just making conversation. When I meat someone from out of the country, I'll usually ask how long they've been here, if they've liked it, and whether or not they plan to stay or go home. (Most people like that I've met have been students, and I've gotten both answers)

We also ask people who go to foreign countries what it was like there. No difference at all.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by docb77
Oh, come on now. It has nothing to do with expecting you to want to be an american. Fact is it's just making conversation. When I meat someone from out of the country, I'll usually ask how long they've been here, if they've liked it, and whether or not they plan to stay or go home. (Most people like that I've met have been students, and I've gotten both answers)

We also ask people who go to foreign countries what it was like there. No difference at all.

The conversation where I encountered it:

Person: Say, your not from around here are you?

Me: Nah, just visiting for a couple of weeks. I'm from Australia.

Person: Australia? Thats pretty cool. I've heard its nice. Always wanted to visit. So, I bet you'd like to live over here.

Me: No, its nice to visit, but I'm happy where I live now.

Now I could accept it was "just making conversation" if he hadn't seemed so genuinely surprised when I said no. Now I have never encountered the question when visiting any other country. As I said, the usual nature of questions is "so, do you like it here" or "what do you think of it here" or "tell me about where your from" - never "I bet you'd like to live here." When it has come to questions of moving to another nation it is usually more "would you like to live here" or "would you ever think of living here" - never in the form of a statement like "I expect" or "I bet".

Now I accept that it would be a far small majority that think in such a way and that it is probable most nations would have such a group, but they exist, and from my experiences they feel far more vocal in expressing such a belief in the US. Nothing wrong with that, but patriotism to the extent where a person can expect another who has only been in the country for a short time to say "yep, your right, I do want to live here" or get insulted when a person doesn't answer "the US" when asked "where do you like better" is just a bit uncomfortable.

Penelope
I know that this is a bit off topic, but i would just like to say that anyone who hates entire countries, definately has a mental problem. So to put every single American in the same boat says a lot about how you attempt to use your brain.

jaden101

pl=palastenian

PVS = PVS

pl. HELP ME GODDAMIT
pvs. sorry i cant

blah blah etc etc

a far more apt analogy would be for PVS to say...you're a palestinian....you must be a terrorist, suicide bomber wannabe, hamas supporting jew hater....seeing as i'm a fat dumb american who kills and rapes thw whole world

roll eyes (sarcastic)

PVS
since apparently nobody can understand your incoherant ranting, ill do my best to translate.

the life of an average palestinion is a hell consisting of bombing and killing. because of this, PVS should be called 'dumb'. somehow pvs ends up talking to a dying palestinian....while eating a big mac.

pl. HELP ME GODDAMIT
pvs. sorry i cant

when asked for help, the evil pvs declares that he cant because he's having poker night with his buddies, so he wont be able to run out into the street and commit a random act of violence and be promplty shot/jailed for his actions. somehow this is supposed to help the palestinian, but pvs is not sure why...as he strokes off while gazing at the american flag and eats a freshly pummeled kitten. "well, since you're not going anywhere soon, would you mind too much if i raped your daughter?" asked pvs. the palestinian shreaked in horror as pvs skipped off into the sunset with his infant daughter in one arm and an a budweiser 12 case in the other. he should have known that pvs was so maniacle and twisted, considering his lack of will to assassinate his government officials.

*begin parroting of my opening statement and then continue ignoring it*

pvs is the direct manifestation of absolute evil, just like every american. he is satan. he is every vicious nasty creepy thing imaginable all balled into one fat lazy american. pvs eats babies.

...well, i hope that cleared it all up.

PVS
forgot to translate this gem:

"i do not consider myself a citizen of my country when i, in fact, am. i believe that i have magic powers which enable me to erase myself from government records and become my own sovereign state. its not a rare gift though. you ALL have the ability....unless you are american and thus inherantly evil. in that case, you and your corrupt politicians are one and the same."

"my situation is different from pvs's since all i need to do is ***** on some forum and bash americans, and all the sins of my nation are erased from my soul....not to mention that pvs is wicked and nasty and evil evil evil mean nasty grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!! see? thats what he sounds like because he is a vicious evil rabid creature, with long sharp nasty teeth."

"no american has the right to ask for advice on how to aid others, because.......................just because......EVIL NASTY WICKED!!!!!!!!"

and now why dont you go balls-out for once and tell me what country you live in? lets have it.

Imperial_Samura
I am torn between the humor derived from the irony and ignorance inherent in what leonheartmm has posted, as so well shown by PVS, and disgust/condemnation at the irony and ignorance inherent in what leonheartmm has posted.

I must admit I would be interested to know that as well. As well as what leonheartmm is actually saying a person should do? You are berating PVS, one of the more socially and politically conscious members on this board, for things beyond his control. What are you doing to help poor dangling Palastinaen man? Are you over there head butting every Israeli soldier you see?

Bardock42
What are you doing to help poor dangling Palastinaen man? Are you over there head butting every Israeli soldier you see?

Dude, that's totally stupid, he doesn't have a "tear in the space time continuem " like PVS.

PVS
Dude, that's totally stupid, he doesn't have a "tear in the space time continuem " like PVS.

yes, i horde my 4th dimensional powers like a typical evil american and wont share.

xmarksthespot
What are you doing to help poor dangling Palastinaen man? Are you over there head butting every Israeli soldier you see? That was strangely arousing...

Imperial_Samura

I know. I just assumed he would have a house hold "with most comforts that the Palestinian cant imagine" that he could have sold so he could buy a plane ticket and head over there.

And besides, why would holes in the fabric of time and space go to people who aren't going to use them?

Now that I think about it....

Bardock42
I know. I just assumed he would have a house hold "with most comforts that the Palestinian cant imagine" that he could have sold so he could buy a plane ticket and head over there.

Nah, he lives under a bridge, he's just lucky that he can still use his computer and Internet connection there.

And besides, why would holes in the fabric of time and space go to people who aren't going to use them?

Cause they are stupid, duh.

Capt_Fantastic
I just assumed he would have a house hold "with most comforts that the Palestinian cant imagine"

He failed to mention that those "house hold comforts" are actually the magical powers all Americans share. But, PVS does have a nice replica lightsabre. Maybe if he wasn't so selfish and put the needs of the Palestinian population ahead of his Star Wars habits, he'd have eBay'd that thing and sent the money to Save the Children.

Not to mention that they don't have those comforts because of the people in charge of their country. Not because of selfish, ignorant Americans.

FeceMan
There's no hope for PVS. If he weren't such an American (and thus stupid), he'd have understood that by now.

Eis
Originally posted by GCG
Coca-cola, Wonderbra.

Lord Urizen
How can you say Americans are dum tho Leo?

As if all Americans are the same .....America is a diverse nation, a mixture....not just racially or culturally, but like every other nation is made of Individuals with thier own points of view.

If all Americans were dumb, that would mean we are all like-minded, and therefore there would be no politics. There would be no debate on ANY issue if we were all really that stupid.

PVS
you fail to grasp his point.............................as we all do.

i guess he hates us because we dont solve our political differences with weapons and create anarchy. of coarse the burden of responsibility is on the head of americans, as everyone else can renounce their citizenship via online forum and thus be absolved.

leonheartmm
Originally posted by PVS

i guess he hates us because we dont solve our political differences with weapons and create anarchy. of coarse the burden of responsibility is on the head of americans, as everyone else can renounce their citizenship via online forum and thus be absolved.

hmmm. you assume that you CANT renounce your citizenship using an online forum. all you have to do is say it, if u mean it, i have infact agreed with your INABILITY as NORMAL person to do much practically, yet i wold assume sum1 who did not like his country and what was going on in the world to never even think of asking others to stop calling americans dumb. your inability to grasp irony is my posts is only surpassed by your ignorance of others in situations worse than yours. if im wrong in judging you than put the record straight, SAY that you have no wish nor desire to be called an americans and add that you are ashamed of what america is doing{not ashamed of yourself ofcourse as you CAN renounce your citizenship online even if only in the mind. }

doubt itll happen though ull most likely start feeding your ego with your own self praising, and calling me stupid mindless etc.

Bardock42
hmmm. you assume that you CANT renounce your citizenship using an online forum. all you have to do is say it, if u mean it, i have infact agreed with your INABILITY as NORMAL person to do much practically, yet i wold assume sum1 who did not like his country and what was going on in the world to never even think of asking others to stop calling americans dumb. your inability to grasp irony is my posts is only surpassed by your ignorance of others in situations worse than yours. if im wrong in judging you than put the record straight, SAY that you have no wish nor desire to be called an americans and add that you are ashamed of what america is doing{not ashamed of yourself ofcourse as you CAN renounce your citizenship online even if only in the mind. }

doubt itll happen though ull most likely start feeding your ego with your own self praising, and calling me stupid mindless etc.

Where were you born? Where do you live? And the passport of what country do you have?

FeceMan
'Stupid' doesn't mean 'like-minded'.

And, I'm laughing at KMC's banner-o'-advertisements.

Terrorism Studies
Earn a certificate in terrorism studies 100% online. Get free info.

I misread it ar first, but I supposed that can't be helped. After all, I'm only American.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by FeceMan
After all, I'm only American.

Stoopid!

FeceMan
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14029080/wid/11915773?GT1=8307

Cripes. I'm not sure what's worse, being a dumb American, or that. Though, being both is unequivocally horrible.

Imperial_Samura

And what, pray tell, is the benefit of renouncing citizenship online?

Seems like a petulant, useless thing to do. I am sure that is going to make Bush sit up and think "Ye-haw, this is an eye opener!" - and ultimately you'll still pay taxes, still use the money of the nation you have renounced, still use phone lines and electricity and public roads. The only thing that would change, if one took it seriously, is that you wouldn't be able to vote in elections, thus sacrificing the one tiny bit of influence a person in a democratic nation has.

And besides, just because one is disappointed in their nation doesn't mean they no longer wish to belong to it. In fact, it is all the more important to be seen as a citizen of the nation in question. People standing up and going "I am America/English/Iranian/whatever, and I love my nation, but don't like what it is doing. I wont run a way, I wont give up, I wont pretend I am not a citizen, what I will do is stand up for what I believe in. I do this because this is MY nation."

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by PVS

Well my questions to Leo would be:

1) Do you live in America?

2) How do you know everything you claim ?

GCG
This British aquaintence of mine went on Holiday to Florida. In a bar he over-heard two marines bragging on how good the US was in Iraq ; they bragged about how no US casualties were sustained in the invasion.

The Britich heard him and said: "You Dumb Idiots shot and killed British soldiers, in friendly fire ; What do you have to answer for that ? Where was your technology ?"

The Marines walked away without uttering a single word. So where the US Marines dumb ?

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by GCG
This British aquaintence of mine went on Holiday to Florida. In a bar he over-heard two marines bragging on how good the US was in Iraq ; they bragged about how no US casualties were sustained in the invasion.

The Britich heard him and said: "You Dumb Idiots shot and killed British soldiers, in friendly fire ; What do you have to answer for that ? Where was your technology ?"

The Marines walked away without uttering a single word. So where the US Marines dumb ?

Of cousre not. Shit happens in life, and war is no different, ese. It wasn't intentional.

I'm surprised those Marines didn't whoop that Brit's ass.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
I'm surprised those Marines didn't whoop that Brit's ass.

Me too. He must have gotten his branches of the military confused. Maybe they were actually in the Navy. Well, the Marines are part of the Navy, but you understand what I'm saying.

GCG
I dont. You dont whoop someone's ass on the basis of criticism.

On another note, granted that it was not intentional, it highlights the issue that the US forces were dumb enough to strike there own coalition forces. Had they killed the Brits intentionally, it would not be dubbed as 'dumb' because of its purposefulness.

If was not on purpose, then it must have been carelesness and a move based on lack of proper preapration resulting in a piss poor performance in the Gulf War.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by GCG
I dont. You dont whoop someone's ass on the basis of criticism.

On another note, granted that it was not intentional, it highlights the issue that the US forces were dumb enough to strike there own coalition forces. Had they killed the Brits intentionally, it would not be dubbed as 'dumb' because of its purposefulness.

If was not on purpose, then it must have been carelesness and a move based on lack of proper preapration resulting in a piss poor performance in the Gulf War.

My response was a joke.

GCG
My response was a joke.

I guess the word 'marine' made you swoon.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by GCG
I guess the word 'marine' made you swoon.

No. The navy reference was the gay joke. You know, the village people and all that.

GCG
Well, my last post was a joke too. I guess it must have been as clear as mud.........or fudge.

FeceMan
Me too. He must have gotten his branches of the military confused. Maybe they were actually in the Navy. Well, the Marines are part of the Navy, but you understand what I'm saying.
'Cause the Navy = Roman sodomy.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by FeceMan
'Cause the Navy = Roman sodomy.

absolutely

Imperial_Samura
Am I thinking of a different Iraqi invasion? Because I am fairly sure more then a few US soldiers did die. In both. If they believed what they were saying, while not perhaps being dumb, it would certainly be a sign of ignorance.

preysin
americans are dumb. take aways their bibles and they get lost intheir minds. laughing out loud laughing rolling on floor laughing

Capt_Fantastic
Am I thinking of a different Iraqi invasion? Because I am fairly sure more then a few US soldiers did die. In both. If they believed what they were saying, while not perhaps being dumb, it would certainly be a sign of ignorance.

You would be more than right.

Deus Venèficus
Originally posted by preysin
americans are dumb. take aways their bibles and they get lost intheir minds. laughing out loud laughing rolling on floor laughing

Look I can do that too...

HERE

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6797/sign7bz.png

Grand_Moff_Gav
Look, on-topic, fact is a man you didn't like got into power, he's done some things some of the people here don't like...so what, try to maintain a sense of dignity and defend your country!

botankus
Where were you born? Where do you live? And the passport of what country do you have?

Another temporary ban. *shakes head* See ya on Monday, I guess. Anybody have any idea what he did (or Bardock, you can create a sock to let me know. I'd prefer if your username was "German Floozie."

jaden101
perhaps its because for some reason...hating americans isn't seen as a racist and therefor taboo thing to do whereas hating afghanis...because they are predominantly arab/muslim is xenophobic

besides...like has already been said...it's only a stereotype...you shouldn't get to worked up about it

although Bush himself, as a figure head for Americans, certainly plays to that stereotype

botankus
I didn't read the whole thread, jaden, sorry. So he was bashing Afghani's? That sucks. If people got a temp ban for bashing Americans and Mexicans, there would only be but a few eligible KMC members active at any given setting.

botankus
You guys seem really distraught over Bardock's ban!

I'm secretly crying inside, but only Mister 42 would understand.

PVS
Originally posted by PVS
and now why dont you go balls-out for once and tell me what country you live in? lets have it.

I must admit I would be interested to know that as well

please, dont hold out on the punchline

botankus
When you think about it, anything past Post #1 of this thread truly only re-iterated PVS' original point. Whether that warranted Bardock's ban, I'm not sure.

jaden101
Originally posted by botankus
I didn't read the whole thread, jaden, sorry. So he was bashing Afghani's? That sucks. If people got a temp ban for bashing Americans and Mexicans, there would only be but a few eligible KMC members active at any given setting.

just giving them as an example...it seems you can get away with america bashing whereas taking the piss out of other countries is seen as a far bigger sin on this forum

dont know why that is though...

Eis
When you think about it, anything past Post #1 of this thread truly only re-iterated PVS' original point. Whether that warranted Bardock's ban, I'm not sure.
Nah, he got banned for a diahrrea-related comment in the OTF I believe.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Another temporary ban. *shakes head* See ya on Monday, I guess. Anybody have any idea what he did (or Bardock, you can create a sock to let me know. I'd prefer if your username was "German Floozie."

User banned by Storm, for 2 days

Reason: Explicit, obscene and vulgar language.

PVS
just giving them as an example...it seems you can get away with america bashing whereas taking the piss out of other countries is seen as a far bigger sin on this forum

dont know why that is though...

whats great is when people bash americans as a whole for being ignorant and prejudice. as per group think, everyone ignores the blatant hypocrisy and pats them on the ass in approval. in fact, my very reason for making this thread. i admit that was certain then that my initial question would be shoved into the realm of rhetoric, given that there would never be and will never be a straight answer, disregarding the replies of those who never bash all americans. so call it a social experiment, and so far, a success imho.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by PVS
whats great is when people bash americans as a whole for being ignorant and prejudice. as per group think, everyone ignores the blatant hypocrisy and pats them on the ass in approval. in fact, my very reason for making this thread. i admit that was certain then that my initial question would be shoved into the realm of rhetoric, given that there would never be and will never be a straight answer, disregarding the replies of those who never bash all americans. so call it a social experiment, and so far, a success imho.

I gave you a straight answer! Go find it, this page or the last!

Fëanor
I gave you a straight answer! Go find it, this page or the last! i myself can't be bothered...can you tell it to me now, here, at this moment? or i can give you my number and you call me.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by PVS

Well,if I where in your shoes, what I would do is simple, I would inform the person that I didn't vote and nor do I support President Bush, (though I do) BUT I would then support my country in anyway I could, solidarity! Maintain your dignity as an American! There's allot of immigrants every year who want to be American, so it can't be that bad a country!

Dr. Zaius
Originally posted by PVS

now, THIS is the topic:

PVS, I assume by your post that you are a well-intentioned, moral individual. However, your rather reductionist take on an admittedly complex and sometimes morally dubious global situation needs some more perspective, I think. I don't know exactly what you are expecting in response to your post. It almost seems like you are seeking moral affirmation of your desire to be an armed militant/revolutionary. While I certainly cannot give you this affirmation, I submit to you that the state of civil liberities in this country are not quite in the dire straits you make them out to be. Contrary to your assertion, protesting is not "nearly illegal" in this country. Voice your opinion in a peaceful manner and let the chips fall. What else can anyone do?

The world, like our collective fate, is more than we know.

PVS
Originally posted by Dr. Zaius
It almost seems like you are seeking moral affirmation of your desire to be an armed militant/revolutionary.

well, i guess, with all due respect, you cant read. sorry, i can appreciate the politeness of your post, but does it matter how polite someone is as they twist your words? imho no. and "all but illegal" refers to the routine arrests of protestors, such as the thousand+ protestors imprisoned in a delapadated warehouse in nyc during the 2004 republican national convention, or perhaps i should bring up how peaceful protest groups are routinely put on the nsa's list of terror suspects and thus spied on. is this the promotion of liberty?

should we just be thankful for still being allowed to protest under the perfect circumstance in which those protesting are completely out of eye and ear shot of those protested against?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>