Jack's Goal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supergurl_mia
Jacks goal is not to win fair lady's heart (Liz) but to get davy jones' heart. in the beginning fo the film the compass wasnt working for him. and when he met elizabeth he gave her the compass and convinced her that she wanted to find the chest (even though she wanted to find will, he told her that to do that she first needed to find the chest) he basically used her to get to the chest.

sweet_kat22
Yeah basically we all already know that stick out tongue In the second movie yeah, but in the third movie him and liz will probably be together whether or not its at the beginning of the film.

Supergurl_mia
we'll see, i still know that will and Liz are gonna end up together. if they want a 4th movie they cant marry Jack off. he cant be tied down and be a pirate, sry but thats the way it is

blackpearl44
Um..........Liz and Jack don't have to get married.....they can just be together.........and since Liz wants the same lifestyle as Jack....she won't tie him down.......he'll still be a pirate......All the hints from the first and second movie all point to Liz and Jack being together......

sweet_kat22
Very true Blackpearl, just because they want to be together doesnt mean they HAVE to get married.

blackpearl44
^^ Exactly.

lady_captinjack
true

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by sweet_kat22
Very true Blackpearl, just because they want to be together doesnt mean they HAVE to get married.

Exactly. We know, supergurl mia, that they can't get married. But it's like we are saying... they don't have to to be together. I'm even thinking Pirates 3 may end with it looking like she will choose Will - leaving those of us wanting the jack/liz pairing hungering for more - and maybe we will have to wait until Pirates 4 to be fulfilled. I believe that Jack and Liz will end up togther, ultimately be it POTC 3 or 4.

random21
i have a magazine that is only about pirates or the caribbean, and in an interview with the writers i think (or producers or something) they said that potc 3 is supposed to end it, and its not intended to go into potc4. but johnny depp wants to keep going.

ultimatly in the end, i think jack wants elizabeth. like many of ppl have said here in other threads, shes turning into something he wants. they're very flirty and theres a bunch of reasons in the other thread. in potc1 it looked like all he cared about was the black pearl but in potc2 it seems like we're seeing more of jack and thats not all he wants.

LovelyOne
Originally posted by Supergurl_mia
Jacks goal is not to win fair lady's heart (Liz) but to get Davy jones' heart. in the beginning fo the film the compass wasn't working for him. and when he met elizabeth he gave her the compass and convinced her that she wanted to find the chest (even though she wanted to find will, he told her that to do that she first needed to find the chest) he basically used her to get to the chest.

It was pointing at Liz IMO. Firstly it "stops working" for him..Tia says to him "ah jack sparrow doesn't know what he wants!, i know more but it means you will try claim it as your own" or something along those lines. She seems to know that The compass is pointing at Liz but Jack doesn't realise it. She is the one who gave the compass to jack so she can probably sense what its pointing to.

That would mean that his hearts desire is not to find Davy Jone's heart at all..he just THINKS it is.

Liz comes along..and for her it keeps pointing at Jack..3 times from the first time she held it.

On the beach it points to him for the third time..If it was pointing to the chest she was standing on and thats what she really wanted then the compass point wouldn't settle on any location..but it settled south west. Pointing directly at Jack. She even shakes it t make it budge but it stays put.

And no it wasn't pointing to Will there. Will emerged from the Sea. The compass was pointing south West AWAY from the sea.

She throws it on the floor in a fit of frustration and denial (Norrington laughs because he knows she's in denial) Jack comes over to have a look and watch what the compass does. It moves from her to him then back to her again as if its basically saying "liz and you, you and liz" It shows him Liz..and YES its liz because if the compass "wasn't working" throughout the move then WHY did it work for him right there? Answer..it was pointing to Liz the entire time.

Also there is a whole emphasis on the dialogue, music and camera movement in that scene. Liz has just said "It certainly doesn't show you what you want most" then Jack looks and its saying "you, Liz" he says "yes it does" and the camera pans right up to reveal Liz..if it was revealing the chest then why pan all the way up and put meaning into the words? Also she is wearing the hat here which is more symbolism that he wants her. (check my hat theory on the Jack/Liz threads) It was just luck she was sitting on the chest IMO.

There are hints in this movie that show he really wants her but just doesn't realise yet. Of course the characters aren't going to know just yet..its only the middle of the trilogy..we will see what happens in the next when they finally begin to realize what they want.

rumrunner
What does Jack feels for Lizz? Jas anyone comment on that?

LovelyOne
I dont actually know for sure because by this point in the Movie Jack himself doesn't really know....but he feels something for her. He keeps showing signs that he is jealous of Will.. he keeps trying to get rid of him...and he keeps teasing him and is somethimes quite hostile towards him in the movie (hitting him round the head with an oar)

katelovespirate
i think Jack cares about Liz more than he has ever cared for another woman.... but i do think it has remained a strong bond of friendship and hasnt gotten overly romantic yet. Obviously they are both extremely sexually attracted to each other. But they think alike, they are both unpredictable, manipulative, clever, and charming.... and Jack has let Liz in on more of who he really is that anyone else. I think he really trusts her, respects her, and cares about her well-being before his own, which is odd for him. She is not only attracted to him, but he is everything she wants to be, so there is a hero worship involved, but Jack is becoming more and more enchanted by who Liz is becoming. So no matter what, i think there is a strong, beautiful friendship that is more than anything cheaply romantic. And if characters continue to develop forward, i do think they will continue to fall for each other.

LovelyOne
Originally posted by katelovespirate
i think Jack cares about Liz more than he has ever cared for another woman.... but i do think it has remained a strong bond of friendship and hasnt gotten overly romantic yet. Obviously they are both extremely sexually attracted to each other. But they think alike, they are both unpredictable, manipulative, clever, and charming.... and Jack has let Liz in on more of who he really is that anyone else. I think he really trusts her, respects her, and cares about her well-being before his own, which is odd for him. She is not only attracted to him, but he is everything she wants to be, so there is a hero worship involved, but Jack is becoming more and more enchanted by who Liz is becoming. So no matter what, i think there is a strong, beautiful friendship that is more than anything cheaply romantic. And if characters continue to develop forward, i do think they will continue to fall for each other.

Amazingly written. I agree 100% rolling on floor laughing

katelovespirate
its a bit hard all around because we dont know how far forward everything is going to go---- i mean, we all hope they will go forward---- but there is a sense that these two films are contained because they were originally written as one film... so there is still room to pull back, in a way, instead of plowing forward. Hopefully they will go forward! wink

Something i was thinking about: Jack and Liz have their curiosity/almost kiss moment, and what keeps them from going furthur? Jack's black spot(aka his past catching up with him). Then what? "Land ho!" Aka: the real world. They tend to function best as a pair carefree on the ocean.

rumrunner
yes,
but i don't think we can speak of love .. he is a pirate, he has many girlfriends...he is attracted by her because he can't have it, but, just that.. Will loves her, Jack.. just... ?? T.T i don't know and trying to put ir in english it's even harder!! smile xD

rumrunner

*___* EXACTLY, thank you, catarsis

LovelyOne
He did just get her really though. At the end of that scene she became his equal. She is the only woman to ever beat him at his own game as a pirate.

Jack is acting very out of character when it comes to Liz. He behaves differently around her compared with other women. He seems to let his gaurd down a bit more when she is around. He also looks calmer when he talks to her..especially when they have meaningful conversations. He lets her see a different side of him. With the other women in his life he seems to just want to work his charms, sleep with them then leave them. But wihen it comes Liz he's not all that much into charming her. He does have the odd flirt..but he also tries to understand her instead of just tring to get into her pants all the time.

He also came back for her at the end. She must mean something more than just the averge woman he wants to have sex with.

katelovespirate
yeah the very fact that it took so long for things to get physical bodes well for them i think.... Jack DOESNT look at her just as sexual gratification. He sees her as a friend, a fellow pirate, someone who has saved his life, and someone whose life he has saved. there is a unique bond there developed from the day he saved her in the port. so thats why he finds it so odd and confusing that he starts being more and more attracted to her in this film... at the beginning he seems so confused to enjoy flirting with her, and then he begins to realize hes starting to see her as more than a friend--- you know, as someone he has the potential to love more than he has loved anyone else before.
whether or not things will get there has yet to be decided.... its clear Jack wants what is best for Liz. He wants her to be safe. He is very capricious about who he chooses to trust and like, but with her things seem a tad more consistent. Its as you said, LovelyOne, he tends to be more calm, more human, more vulnerable with her.

LovelyOne
yeah the very fact that it took so long for things to get physical bodes well for them i think.... Jack DOESNT look at her just as sexual gratification. He sees her as a friend, a fellow pirate, someone who has saved his life, and someone whose life he has saved. there is a unique bond there developed from the day he saved her in the port. so thats why he finds it so odd and confusing that he starts being more and more attracted to her in this film... at the beginning he seems so confused to enjoy flirting with her, and then he begins to realize hes starting to see her as more than a friend--- you know, as someone he has the potential to love more than he has loved anyone else before.
whether or not things will get there has yet to be decided.... its clear Jack wants what is best for Liz. He wants her to be safe. He is very capricious about who he chooses to trust and like, but with her things seem a tad more consistent. Its as you said, LovelyOne, he tends to be more calm, more human, more vulnerable with her.

I agree with you so much.

She is a friend first and a love interest second.

It wasn't even like the normal average flirt..the little grunt afterward showed us that he was finding it hard containing himself once she walked away laughing out loud Its like when there is a moment between them, each character doesn't want the other character to see that they are quite taken with eachother. She storms off but is secretly smiling, not wanting anyone to see. And he grunts because he's obviously quite taken with the thought too but didn't want her to see that weakness in him. That she's slowly getting to him..

They did that in the curiosity scene too. He pulls away and she's obviously pouting over not getting the kiss..then she suddenly doesn't want him to see the weakness so she says "I'm proud of you Jack"..she runs off again and he's like "EGUHHH!" showing that he REALLY wanted that kiss but didnt want her to see the weakness in him again.

katelovespirate
i agree with you so much too. hahahaha. hopefully disney agrees with both of us.

yeah with both of them they see their affection for each other as a weakness and a problem.... when it shouldnt be. it makes sense to the rest of their world (beckett, norrington, etc).

i love their friendship so much though. i dont see that friendship between liz and will. i see romance, for sure, esp. in the first, but they dont have the solid trust and strong feelings between Jack and Liz.

LovelyOne
i agree with you so much too. hahahaha. hopefully disney agrees with both of us.

yeah with both of them they see their affection for each other as a weakness and a problem.... when it shouldnt be. it makes sense to the rest of their world (beckett, norrington, etc).

i love their friendship so much though. i dont see that friendship between liz and will. i see romance, for sure, esp. in the first, but they dont have the solid trust and strong feelings between Jack and Liz.

Yeh I agree big grin

there was hardly any romance between Liz Will in this one though..when I was watching it I completley forgot they were a couple..I was like "save your dad will!" "oh wait Elizabeth!".."oh wait she's ok with Jack at the moment" lol

brokenxxheart14
lol yea will really did forget about lizz haha but she was ok with jack ;]

katelovespirate
Yeah Jack will take care of Liz for ya Will, please go save your dad, cause honestly no one else cares about him.... dont worry Jack will take care of everything else, including the wedding, hahahaha

blackpearl44
^^ LOL!!........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.