Jack's Father- Keith Richards

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sweet_kat22
Looky what I found: (And I know we all knew this already I am just pointin out this interview) BTW What the hell is his name going to be ?

http://www.cbc.ca/story/arts/national/2006/07/04/pirates-richards-depp.html

I also found this, this site helps a lot with explanations:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Jack_Sparrow

blackpearl44
I found this article on JDZ

-An official casting notice confirms that Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones will indeed be appearing in the third PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN film. Keith will be playing a pirate named Teague. Thanks very much to emma for breaking the news! Whether Teague is in fact Captain Jack Sparrow's father, some other relative, Jack's mentor, or just a very cool dude, is not clear at this point. Although early rumors always suggested that Keith would be playing Captain Jack's father, which seems quite logical given Johnny Depp's acknowledgement that Keith inspired his portrayal of Captain Jack, in recent interviews the writers and producer have refused to confirm that relationship, and have only said that Keith will play "a pirate."

Here's what Jerry Bruckheimer told journalist Emmanuel Itier: "e are planning on shooting Keith in September. In the third movie there is a pirates council, and he's going to be one of the pirates in the council. That will be a lot of fun for everybody. We've had him in costume and he looks fantastic." Thanks to Joni and Alix for the Bruckheimer interview; you can read it on the Porch.

In an interview with EMPIRE Magazine, Keira Knightley confirms that she has scenes scheduled with Keith Richards, but that Orlando Bloom doesn't.
/ / July 19, 2006-

sweet_kat22
So his characters name is Teague? Is this what this is saying but they dont know if he is really going to be jacks father or not?

blackpearl44
Yea, Keith is going to play "A pirate named Teague" there has been rumors that he will play Jack's father, but it's not confirmed yet.....

sweet_kat22
SO for my new script I should name his father Teague Sparrow smile

brokenxxheart14
does this sound real?... its the script for the pirates 3 trailer....idunno if its real tho.

OPENING SHOT: A dark night overlooking a Singapore Trading Harbor.

CAPTAIN SAO FENG: (Voice-Over) I hear a song Miss Swann. A song that has been sung by children, ghosts, and madmen. Yo..Ho...Yo..Ho...

Shot of SAO FENG smiling into Elizabeth's eyes.

ELIZABETH: Sounds better after a bottle of rum.

She pulls a cutlass to strike, is easily parried by Sao Feng. Will Turner appears behind him with a blade at his throat.

WILL TURNER: We're not here for you. We offer-

WILL is cutoff as SAO FENG administers a series of elbows and strikes, driving Will back into a barrel.

SAO FENG raises an iron claw to finish WILL off and is stopped by a blunderbuss (pistol) clicking right in his ear.

Camera swings around to reveal Barbossa with Monkey Jack on his shoulder.

BARBOSSA: We've come for The Black Pearl, Captain.

WILL and ELIZABETH turn to BARBOSSA with questioning looks.

BARBOSSA rolls his eyes.

BARBOSSA: And...for the soul of

Shot of pleased looking GIBBS on shore.

GIBBS: Captain?

Shot of LORD CUTTER whirling to face GOVERNOR SWANN.

CUTTER: Jack!

Shot of Davy Jones dropping an eye monicle on a navigation chart.

DAVY JONES: (whispers) ...Sparrow.

Turns to his crew.

DAVY JONES: The Locker!

Screen goes black.

JACK SPARROW: (echo voice-over) I'm in...something of a pinch mate.

Shot of WILL and BARBOSS in TIA DALMA's shack peering into a glass rock. Thousands of giant mutated crabs start to pour out of it and onto the dock. Jack's arms flail from the same portal. BARBOSSA and WILL step back.

Series of super quick shots.

WILL throwing ELIZABETH'S arms off him.

NORRINGTON in fresh Admiral's uniform aboard his own Royal Navy ship.

TIA DALMA laughing and sprinkling sand out of her hand.

SAO FENG: (voice over) You've come so far...

RAGETTI puts in a diamond eye and looks happy.

The KRAKEN's tentacles curling up behind NORRINGTON's ship.

GOVERNOR SWANN attacking CUTTER and being restained by his men and shackled.

SAO FENG: But will you go all the way to the end?

JACK SPARROW in a surreal desert (Purgatory) falling into quicksand and crabs. BARBOSSA reaching to pull him out.

JACK SPARROW: I'll not be saved by the likes of you!

Folds his arms in refusal and continues to sink.

BARBOSSA: And I don't want to be saving ya, but I don't see any sea turtles around to help ya now Jack.

"BOOTSTRAP" BILL sits at a campfire talking to someone OC.

BILL: I need to find him...he's...my son.

VOICE: You have a son?

BILL: Yes.

VOICE: I have a son as well. In these very waters. I'll help you find yours if you help uncover mine.

The owner of the VOICE leans into the fire and we see his face.

CAPTAIN GRANT "The Sea Sponge" SPARROW: Savvy?

blackpearl44
That sounds like it could be real........

This part:

"BILL: I need to find him...he's...my son.

VOICE: You have a son?

BILL: Yes.

VOICE: I have a son as well. In these very waters. I'll help you find yours if you help uncover mine.

That sounds like Will's father (Bill, obvioulsy) and Jack's father (could be the voice) talking......

sweet_kat22
Wow very interesting. I really would like to see that. I think I will add some of that into my remade script too. The voice is definatly Jacks father. wink

blackpearl44
^^ Yea, that's what I think too smile

lady_captinjack
yea and i could imagine WILL throwing ELIZABETH'S arms off him

brokenxxheart14
lol yeaa same

sweet_kat22
Tee hee why does he do that though?

blackpearl44
That's what we need to figure out ^^ big grin

blackpearl44
Yea, me too...........the Director said that there is going to be trailors for POTC 3 on the DVD for POTC 2, which should be coming out in a month or so.....so once we see that......we can get a better idea of what's going on.....and we can over analyze it big grin

sweet_kat22
YAY *bouces in chair* I cant wait cant wait to get that and analyz it . I just realized how much I love film. I wish I took film editing instead of graphic design now.

evilm0nki3
Aw I wish my highschool had some kind of Film involved electives. I love movies too hehe.

lady_captinjack
Originally posted by blackpearl44
Yea, me too...........the Director said that there is going to be trailors for POTC 3 on the DVD for POTC 2, which should be coming out in a month or so.....so once we see that......we can get a better idea of what's going on.....and we can over analyze it big grin really? its comming out in a month or 2? i would have thought like november at least

blackpearl44
^^ Oh, I was just taking a guess.....your Prob. right.....I have heard rumors about Nov. 1st, but nobody knows if those rumors are true...so it probably be around the end of Oct. early Nov. then........but regardless, the extras will be good lol......

sparrowsgirl
I think the movie is coming out for christmas, they will get a lot of money for that

brokenxxheart14
i hope it comes out at christmas that would be goood =]

blackpearl44
Yea........I heard Nov 1st.......so probably around there.....

jessigem
yay!! but i'll probably get it WAY before xmas. i can't wait that long!! and that script does sound like it's real. but then again, so did the other one she wrote. but it seems like nobody gets to finish their sentence/scene. . . . .

Dr. Joke
Wikipedia and the theater employee who came up to the front before the show started said May (maybe the 25th).

blackpearl44
^^ Yea......that's when the movie comes out.....we are talking about when the DVD for POTC 2 is coming out.....around Nov. 1st.....because trailors for POTC 3 are going to be on it.....

jessigem
laughing out loud
yea, i know the 3rd movie's coming out around may/june. but i can't remember which thread i read it from. . . . . . .

sccch
I'm going to get PotC 2 the first day it comes out on DVD,and go staight to the extras.youpi

sccch
....nobody's been on this for a while....
*goes to see very,very,very,very last thread from PotC*
EDIT: NEVER MIND!!! They are like ALL closed.

Chiki Mina
wait isnt the dvd coming in dec 5??
by the way im pretty sure jacks dad will play a ver importan role in this movie. I think both fathers will help their sons.
Jacks father by possibly tellling him that if u wannt something thats worth it then go for it(something like that)
Bootstrap telling Will its not worth getting someone who doesnt love you(something like that too)
I think its as simple as this
Jacks daddy: Go get Liz-she loves ya
Wills daddy: Dont get Liz-she dont love ya back

evilm0nki3
It's funny how they have dads but they dont have moms. well. thats not funny. but its interesting! hehe

Chiki Mina
^^ yea lol i know
all the mommas died of sickness
gosh what an awefull plague for mothers geesh..u marry the guy, have a kid, then boom dead. thats fukin insane
I just hope that wont happen to liz *gulp* messed

sccch
Hmmmm. I wonder what Jack's mom would of been like.

taurusbaby0509
Originally posted by Chiki Mina
wait isnt the dvd coming in dec 5??
by the way im pretty sure jacks dad will play a ver importan role in this movie. I think both fathers will help their sons.
Jacks father by possibly tellling him that if u wannt something thats worth it then go for it(something like that)
Bootstrap telling Will its not worth getting someone who doesnt love you(something like that too)
I think its as simple as this
Jacks daddy: Go get Liz-she loves ya
Wills daddy: Dont get Liz-she dont love ya back

That's what I've read is Dec 5. THat's how they did the first one. The cinematic release in July and DVD release the first week of Dec. And i've read it somewhere... I just forget where. haha

ivebeendepped43
i wanna c this movie so bad!!!!! i wanna c Will throw Liz's arms off him! JAck/Liz!!!

evilm0nki3
"Wednesday, September 13, 2006
Keith Richards filming "Pirates" role
The Rolling Stones return to North America next week, and Keith Richards is using the time before the tour starts to get in a side gig. He's been tapped to play Johnny Depp's father in the third Pirates Of The Caribbean movie, and fellow Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood told us Keith is hard at work: "He is on the set, as we speak, with Johnny Depp. He said he's gonna come to the next rehearsal in character -- he's gonna come straight off set dressed as a pirate, and come to rehearsals."
Wood also told us that at the Stones gig in Denmark earlier this month, which closed out their European tour, Richards revealed that he's undergoing a bit of a change for the role: "He said to me, 'I'm not allowed to shave from now on, so they're gonna tie little bits on my beard (chuckles)' -- whatever bits grow. He said, 'They're gonna dangle bits off of it, and the longer it gets, the more they're gonna tie on.' And I, I just thought, 'Oh dear, I'm dying to see this!' I'll take a Polaroid for ya! (laughs)"

The Stones head back on the road beginning next Wednesday (September 13th) at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, Massachusetts.

Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End, with Richards playing the father of Johnny Depp's character Captain Jack Sparrow, is on target for a May 2007 release."

"Pirates 3 set for global day-and-date launch in 2007

John Hazelton in Los Angeles
11 September 2006

On the weekend that Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest passed the $1bn worldwide gross mark, The Walt Disney Company has revealed that sequel Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End will be released day-and-date around the world next summer.

"We're going to open on the weekend of May 25 in every country around the world," said Walt Disney Motion Pictures Group president Mark Zoradi of the third installment of Jerry Bruckheimer's massively successful Pirates franchise.

"It will be our widest release ever," Zoradi added, "and it will be the first time that our company has done a literal day-and-date release."

To avoid competing with this summer's World Cup football tournament, Dead Man's Chest did not make its international debut until early July, opening in a few territories - among them France, the UK and Australia - on the same weekend as its July 7 domestic release. The film rolled out to other markets through July and August and is set for its final major-territory opening, in Italy, next weekend. Until this weekend (when Disney's Cars took over) it had been the top-grossing international film for nine straight weekends.

However, with so much built in awareness for the third film, Zoradi said, "all we need to do is get the trailer out there, put together a good campaign and I think the audience is going to be with us."

At World's End will once again star Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley, with Gore Verbinski directing. Its international appeal may be boosted by the additions to the cast of Australia's Geoffrey Rush (who also appeared in the first film) and Asian star Chow Yun-Fat.

The third film - sections of which are being shot in Asia - will conclude the initial Pirates trilogy, though it is unlikely to be the last Pirates sequel. "It's not a remake," Zoradi said. "It's going to feel different, it's going to have a different colour palette and it's going to wrap up a lot of story points."

Dead Man's Chest has just become only the third film ever - after Titanic and The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King - to gross more than $1bn worldwide. This weekend, the film's international total climbed to $592.4m and its domestic tally to $416.6m, producing a worldwide figure of $1,009,000,000.

International distributor Buena Vista International pointed out that Dead Man's Chest reached the $1bn benchmark far quicker - just 63 days - than the other two films, and did so without the help of awards season recognition.

Next weekend, Dead Man's Chest will become Buena Vista International's widest ever release in Italy. A big gross in that territory could improve the film's current standing as the sixth highest international grosser ever. "

I got them both at ohjohnny.net

ivebeendepped43
i LOVE ohjohnny! best site eva!

Chiki Mina
^^ me i love that site great stuff smile

ivebeendepped43
they give so much!

CaptinJackLover
i love your new siggy IVD43

ivebeendepped43
thank you! evilm0nki made it 4 me!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.