TMNT (2007)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

T.M
There is a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie out next year.... eek!

Trailer

(Need Quicktime)

the plot is this:

Strange events are occurring in New York City, and the Turtles are needed more than ever, but Raphael, Donatello, and Michelangelo have become lost and directionless. With the city at stake, it's up to Leonardo and Zen Master Splinter to restore unity and ninja discipline to the Turtles...

Unlike all the other Ninja Turtles movie's this one is going to be CGI all the way..

Like the new Batman movie/s this is a re-birth of the franchise following on from the 2nd movie..

It has also been confirmed that unfortunatly Shredder will not be the villain of the movie, though he will make an appearance...

And before anyone says that there is a Ninja Turtles forum.. I know but the place is dead and I want to know what people think of this..

I think the trailer is really good.. I love the Ninja Turtles movies and am looking forward to this..

There is a teaser poster for the movie.. here it is...

Impediment
I just hope that it bears the tone of the original graphic novels by Eastman & Laird: dark, gritty, and uber-violent. I doubt it will, though.

T.M
Originally posted by Impediment
I just hope that it bears the tone of the original graphic novels by Eastman & Laird: dark, gritty, and uber-violent. I doubt it will, though.

I have read that it will be darker and more serious than the original ones... uber-violent I doubt it though.

Wolfie
Originally posted by T.M
And before anyone says that there is a Ninja Turtles forum.. I know but the place is dead and I want to know what people think of this..
There's an Animation forum. stick out tongue

Anyway, I'm not a fan of the Ninja Turtles so this doesn't affect me at all. I don't like restarts though, if that's what this is.

Dusty
Originally posted by Wolfie
There's an Animation forum. stick out tongue

There's even a TMNT forum.

All I have to do is choose...

~Da Rev~
Originally posted by T.M
T
Unlike all the other Ninja Turtles movie's this one is going to be CGI all the way..

Say it aint so no

cking
this movie could be interesting. I hope it is more serious than the older ones, they were too goofy for me.

Grimm22
I saw some videos of the video game based off of the movie and if the movie is anything like the game then its going to be awesome.

No more, stupid alien storys, no more silly pizza cravings (although that I will miss), just hardcore ninja action with everyone's favirtoe turtles big grin

Grimm22
Wow...the trailer...is...AWESOME! eek!

I like the realistic yet cartoony look to it. Looks darker than the older movies, which is always a good thing

I just hope we get to see Michalangelo go all hardcore this time around

Wolfie
Originally posted by Dusty

Yeah, he said he's aware of the TMNT forum, but it's dead.

~Da Rev~
Originally posted by cking
this movie could be interesting. I hope it is more serious than the older ones, they were too goofy for me. It was indeed a cartoon for kids.

Thats why the older turtle movies are the best. And thats why the older Batman movies are the best. Speaking of that, it dissapoints me that Bale is going to be playing batman once again no

cking
it is dead! that forum rarely has anyone posting there. if the thread was there then it wouldn't have near the responses it has in this forum, despite it is in the wrong forum. TMNT has been dead for a long time and anything new would help out of its slump.

Solo
You'd rather have the emotionless Michael Keaton back? Sure, he was fine. But nobody has done nearly as good of a job as Christian Bale.

Altar[1stONE]
the turtles look more like frogs if anything, i hate the cgi.

~Da Rev~
Originally posted by Solo
You'd rather have the emotionless Michael Keaton back? Sure, he was fine. But nobody has done nearly as good of a job as Christian Bale. No. I dont want any of them back. Thats why batman movies were the best. They had a different man for batman every time. and a different villian. Now its going to be The Joker. I remember a similar plot, when Jack Nickleson (SP?) Played The Joker.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by Dusty

That there is.Originally posted by Wolfie
Yeah, he said he's aware of the TMNT forum, but it's dead.

Nah, I've posted there 3 or 4 times in the last week, and so have others.

Silverstein
they couldve made a live action TMNT and it could be really good, just blend some reallistic cgi in when needed. It might be good, special fx have come along way...atleast i think it has lol

hope this movie is good

T.M
Originally posted by Solo
You'd rather have the emotionless Michael Keaton back? Sure, he was fine. But nobody has done nearly as good of a job as Christian Bale.

I agree

Originally posted by Grimm22
Wow...the trailer...is...AWESOME! eek!

I like the realistic yet cartoony look to it. Looks darker than the older movies, which is always a good thing

I just hope we get to see Michalangelo go all hardcore this time around

I think the trailer is great to.

buddha1822
This movie will kick some ASS! Haha... I was at the Comic-Con panel and the 10 minute clip montage they showed featuring animation tests and all kinds of great stuff was just awesome. The villain/enemy they're going to be fighting is really going to kick some a$$! I can't wait for this... The Turtles are back!! big grin

Grimm22
Originally posted by ~Da Rev~
It was indeed a cartoon for kids.

Thats why the older turtle movies are the best. And thats why the older Batman movies are the best. Speaking of that, it dissapoints me that Bale is going to be playing batman once again no

All the old batman movies = suckage no expression

Batman Begins = Awesome rock

Praylu
Originally posted by buddha1822
This movie will kick some ASS! Haha... I was at the Comic-Con panel and the 10 minute clip montage they showed featuring animation tests and all kinds of great stuff was just awesome. The villain/enemy they're going to be fighting is really going to kick some a$$! I can't wait for this... The Turtles are back!! big grin

Ah, so did you have the opportunity to get a look at the villain?

T.M
Originally posted by Grimm22
All the old batman movies = suckage no expression

Batman Begins = Awesome rock

Thats a bit harsh.. the first Batman movie (1989) I thought was great... It was the ones after that which where terrible.. until Batman Begins.

sithsaber408
We had been posting the teasers posters and such in the trailer thread, but this one seems better suited.

New pic:

http://superherohype.com/nextraimages/wbcomiccon1.jpg

sithsaber408
Edit: dammit, heres the pic:

coolmovies
I cant wait for this cowabunga dude

Scarlet_Spidey
Ok, so now it's all in CGI with a new darker style. This movie will either be one gigantic flop either a great hit.

T.M
Originally posted by Scarlet_Spidey
Ok, so now it's all in CGI with a new darker style. This movie will either be one gigantic flop either a great hit.

I doubt it will be either... I think fans of the originals will watch it.. children that know of them... is TMNT cartoons even on anymore.. ?

I will be watching it though.

Praylu
Originally posted by T.M
I doubt it will be either... I think fans of the originals will watch it.. children that know of them... is TMNT cartoons even on anymore.. ?

Yes, the new episodes will be airing in September 06 on the "4Kids TV" channel through Fox.

Nevermind
I saw the trailer for this yesterday. I think it looks alright, but we'll have to see, won't we?

T.M
Originally posted by Praylu
Yes, the new episodes will be airing in September 06 on the "4Kids TV" channel through Fox.

Really..

Don't think they are being aired in the UK though.

BloodyHell222
**** CGI **** CGI... i repeat **** THE ****ING SHIT OUT OF ****ING **** **** CGI. Make the movies real, not a cartoon. Assholes

Vim
Originally posted by BloodyHell222
**** CGI **** CGI... i repeat **** THE ****ING SHIT OUT OF ****ING **** **** CGI. Make the movies real, not a cartoon. Assholes

Now, now that's a bit harsh. I'm a big fan of TMNT, always was, always have been. I saw the first movie in theaters, and the 2nd, but was diappointed with the 3rd. Anyway, because being such a fan of the movies, I found the source material, the original black and whites! Now those were awesome! And that's where the CGI is trying to adapt, the black and white turtles and the CGI ones look very similar. I'm glad of that. The guys in suits are realistic enough, but the CGI look has more of the flavor of the original comic book! Cowabunga dude!

systemshock2
Does anybody know if the greatest turtle villain of all, the Shredder, is the villain in this film again?

sithsaber408
Nope, but heres a massive update:

http://images.usatoday.com/life/_photos/2006/12/21/turtles-topper.jpg

http://images.usatoday.com/life/_photos/2006/12/21/turtles-battle-large.jpg

Newly announced voice casting includes Patrick Stewart, Zhang Ziyi, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Chris Evans, and Kevin Smith.

Already known is Mako's last film work as splinter.

A really nice article, with those pics, info on which characters that those actors will be voicing, and a peek at the plot can be found at:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2006-12-20-ninja-turtles-cover_x.htm

sithsaber408
New pic:

http://www.comingsoon.net/images/tmntnewpics4.jpg

http://www.comingsoon.net/images/tmntnewpics2.jpg

This was posted above, but it's a wider pic showing April O' Neil and Casey Jones.

New Poster:

http://www.comingsoon.net/images/tmntnewpics1.jpg

Vim
I love it! I love it! I'm feeling all nostalagic again! I really hope this pulls the turtles back into the mainstream but keeps them close to their first comics at the same time! Awesome!

sithsaber408
Those didn't come out well, but here's a massive update:

160 New Images!!!

http://www.kino-govno.com/images.php?id=teenagemutantninjaturtles&show=all

sithsaber408
Posted in the CG films thread, but for anybody that looks around in here, click the link to watch 11 clips from the film:

http://movies.go.com/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles/m842461/comedy

sithsaber408
BUMP.

Just me alone in this thread, heck in the whole forum, really.

I loved the film.

Best CG film I've ever seen, and that includes Incredibles.

I enjoyed the fights, the story, the characters and the conflict between Raph and Leo. (Leo PwNz, that is all.)

I didn't like: look of the human charcters, too rounded. That they didn't let Mikey use his nunchucks.

I'm hopefull that the next 2 films will be made, and that they'll be pg-13.

The creators of this one have already mentioned that possibility.

I'm not for the R-rated turtles that some want, like the old comics where they drink beer and smoke and chase chicks and stuff, but I'd love to see it a bit more gritty.

All in all though, this film was great fun, great animation, and a great Turtles movie.

Better than turtles 2 and 3, and right up there with the original Turtles movie.

8.5/10 cool

Magee
wow not many people have much to say about this film. I really enjoyed it deffinatley one of the better CGI films about.

Terror of Death
This movie was pure win.

gregmss
I enjoyed it, wasn't as good as the original but better than the other 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.