Horror Day of Action, Fri., Oct. 13

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

scottnicholson
CROSS-POST
For immediate release

Creators in the horror community have launched the Horror Day of Action, a campaign to inspire all lovers of the horror genre to reach out to the world on Friday, Oct. 13. Originally launched as an effort within the Horror Writers Association, the idea caught fire and spread to every area of horror, from haunted house operators to videogame designers to film makers. But the most important and basic ingredient of Horror Day is each fan's participation.

On Oct. 13, fans are asked to buy a horror book, give away a horror book, rent a horror video, read ghost stories to children, or talk to the local library, bookstore, video store, newspaper or radio station.

The official site for Horror Day, along with suggestions for action, can be found at myspace.com/horrorday

"We expected this idea to gain momentum quickly because it's so simple," said Scott Nicholson, author, screenwriter, and HWA officer. "But to see it grow so rapidly, and to see the enthusiasm of the people who love this genre, has been totally amazing. Horror is often considered a fringe taste, but the reality is it has millions of fans in every sector of society. And our combined voices can have a
positive effect on the world at large."

While the Horror Day site has action tips, creativity is the key to the event's success. Fans are asked to come up with their own imaginative spin to promote the genre and share them in the "Comments" section of the site and on various horror message boards. Most importantly, remember Friday the 13th is Horror Day!

Scott Nicholson

"THE FARM is a smoothly engineered supernatural entertainment in the more rambunctious American style of Stephen King."--NY Times Book Review<br>

SelphieT
Friday, October 13th? .......cliiiiiiiiche. Well.........I guess I'll participate just cause I like horror movies.

Wolfie
I guess I'll participate as well. I probably won't buy a book or rent a movie though. I'll do something.

Not many of my friends are horror nuts so maybe I can turn some of them in October.

If I turn one, it'll all be worth it.

circut_shortage
I'll Rent some horror movies.

Impediment
I'll give away one of my numerous novels by Richard Matheson, maybe Hell House. Thats a scary ass haunted house book.

Grimm22
Hmm erm

If Bruce Cambell is supporting it I will do somthing shifty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.