Nintendo DS 40 Million Units Sold!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
They did it! Nintendo once again proves that they control the hand held gaming.

http://news.digitaltrends.com/article10960.html

Will the Wii have the same luck? Time will tell.

Morgoths_Wrath
w00t

*plays Mario Kart against Asians*

Lana
I still need to get a DS.

I haven't had a handheld system since I was about 8 years old laughing out loud

WrathfulDwarf
I haven't had one since 1992.

That's the year I broke my Gameboy. sad wink

El_NINO
I might get a DS but time will tell.

For some reason I used to watch sailor moon What the f**k?

General Kaliero
Since I got my wireless network working properly, I've been playing Mario Kart like mad.

I'd be playing Metroid Prime Hunters, too, but I frankly suck against humans in that for some reason. Dammit, why's Trace the last one you unlock?!

Lana
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I haven't had one since 1992.

That's the year I broke my Gameboy. sad wink

I had a Sega Game Gear aaaaaages ago...I never was that interested in handhelds though because with me, chances are that I'd drop and break it, or lose it. My brother and sister both have had Game Boys and GBAs though.

But I really want a DS, not to mention am being pestered to get one laughing out loud

General Kaliero
Get one Lana! A Lite!

I had a Game Boy Pocket the year before Pokemon Red/Blue came out... And then I got a Game Boy Color... and then a GBA... never got an SP though, there wasn't any real reason to.

So yeah, I've consistently owned a handheld for about a decade now. stick out tongue

And I don't regret a thing! Half of my favorite games are GBA/DS games.

Barker
Tide: Nevermind..

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Lana
I had a Sega Game Gear aaaaaages ago...I never was that interested in handhelds though because with me, chances are that I'd drop and break it, or lose it. My brother and sister both have had Game Boys and GBAs though.

But I really want a DS, not to mention am being pestered to get one laughing out loud

I'm gettting a DS Lite for sure. I was thinking on getting a PSP first but really change my mind lately. That Mario game is the one I want to get first.

BackFire
DS is the best handheld system I've ever had. Now with the Lite, just such an awesome system.

Smasandian
Wow, I guess PSP has a ways to go to catch up to the DS.

Kinda of reminds of those discussions in the PSP vs DS thread that PSP will own.

Well guess not.

BackFire
The PSP is still more popular in the states, I think.

Could be changed now with the DS Lite out, though.

AstroFan
I see people with DSs all the time, I never see anyone with a PSP.

BackFire
Same.

I'm talking total sales though throughout their lives. The PSP's were really really big about a year ago. DS Lites are exploding right now.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by BackFire
Same.

I'm talking total sales though throughout their lives. The PSP's were really really big about a year ago. DS Lites are exploding right now.

I think the PSP had a pretty tough time with UMD issue. I was wondering if your friend still works at Gamestop. Has he seen any sales changes with the PSP and DS?

BackFire
DS Lite is selling way more than the PSP right now.

I don't even need to ask my friend from gamestop to know that. The fact that every gamestop is close to sold out on the DS lite is evidence enough for me.

AstroFan
I just think PSP is too expensive, with all the accessories and shit, plus the higher game prices.

WrathfulDwarf
Betcha there is gonna be shortages on the DS Lite during the holidays.

Lana
I think I know one person with a PSP. Most everyone I know has a DS now.

It's definitely on my list of "things I don't need but really want and will buy as soon as I can justify the expense".

Smasandian
Yeah, its a pretty cool system.

Backfire, to date, according to EGM this month, the PSP has sold 4.5 million units in the States.
They'er is only 100 games out for it.
and it takes 6:29 minutes to load a match on WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2006.

DarkC

Yeah, Nintendo has had boatloads of success; I'm sure the Wii will do splendidly.

Ushgarak

Buy one buy one buy one!

Lana
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Buy one buy one buy one!

See?

I said I'm being pestered to get one!

Vinny Valentine
DS Sucks compared the PSP.

Its True, and always will be.

Anthony$Billy
dude u just sound like a prick just by ssaying that vinny vince. and ive played both sysetms and so far the DS is the best. Only a few games on the psp are realitvy good. the thing with the the ds they only have 3 types of ratings to me of games

1.There etiehr near perfection
2.They suckass
3.okay but not good to buy unless u want to kill 1 hour.

the best game ive played on the PSP is probloly infected the contorls are ez its not that great on gprahics, but the fun facotor is like near perfect. so DS to me owns psp

when it first came out i thought PSP would be better but after playing both i realized that DS is better hands down and compared to the PSP it only has 2 cons while it has 12 pros and PSP has 9 cons and2 pro

AstroFan
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine

roll eyes (sarcastic)

General Kaliero

Your eloquence is surpassed only by your ignorance. stick out tongue

roll eyes (sarcastic)

BackFire
See?

I said I'm being pestered to get one!

Buy one buy one buy one!!

BackFire

Yeah, cuz 6 minutes of a loading screen is so much fun.

Smasandian
But the graphics dude.....

and it can play MP3's....

its soo better than that piece of shit DS, it only plays games.

BackFire
Man, my ******* can play MP3's these days.

AstroFan
Man, my ******* can play MP3's these days.

What kinda memory space you get on that? blink

BackFire
A few gigs. It was a cheap $10 upgrade.

Skeets

There's only one worth while game on the PSP and that's Lumines.Everyone who has one uses Emulators to play games and guess what games they're playing,Yup that's right nintendo games....erm

AstroFan
Irony. stick out tongue

Lana
Originally posted by Smasandian
But the graphics dude.....

and it can play MP3's....

its soo better than that piece of shit DS, it only plays games.

Because, you know, god forbid a handheld game system simply plays games. They need all these extra features to get people to want to buy them!

General Kaliero
Exactly. That's why Sony's PSP campaign has been focusing entirely on the games! Oh, wait...

AstroFan
I thought they focused on "portable cheese". no expression

WrathfulDwarf
The best thing about buying a PSP right now are the UMD's on sale. You can get titles like:

Are We There Yet?
Bewitch
Boogeyman
Hitch

Whoah! You can spend all your free hours and hours with your PSP! Can you feel the excitement?

Skeets
The best thing about buying a PSP right now are the UMD's on sale. You can get titles like:

Are We There Yet?
Bewitch
Boogeyman
Hitch

Whoah! You can spend all your free hours and hours with your PSP! Can you feel the excitement?
laughing and you'll have to charge your battery 2 times to finish the whole movie.

Smasandian
Because, you know, god forbid a handheld game system simply plays games. They need all these extra features to get people to want to buy them!

I know!!!

Anyways I love my DS.

Ushgarak
Lana...

Buy a DS!

MadMel
good advice......

SaTsuJiN
DS Lite is selling way more than the PSP right now.

I don't even need to ask my friend from gamestop to know that. The fact that every gamestop is close to sold out on the DS lite is evidence enough for me.

sold out!? noes~.... I was gonna get one and give my old one to one of my relatives... /cry

JToTheP
Originally posted by Skeets
laughing and you'll have to charge your battery 2 times to finish the whole movie.

Let Dwarf watch movies on his 2-3 inch screen, while the rest of us can play GB,GBC,GBA,DS games AND watch movies on our televisions.

The PSP is complete garbage for the price alone, the only game going for it not on Ps2, will be Metal Gear Solid:Portable Ops. I hate Konami for putting it on that piece of shit handheld, but I guess with the uniforms the guards had on it makes sense. roll eyes (sarcastic) I think they were BRIGHT ORANGE outfits, Metal Gear 2 style.

Besides, I don't own many DS games, but what I own are GREAT games:

Mario Kart: DS
Mario & Luigi:Partners In Time
Resident Evil: DS
Super Princess Peach
Mario 64 DS
New Super Mario Bros.

Anyone with a brain can easily say that the high ratings RE: DS, MK: DS, Super Princess Peach, Mario & Luigi, and New Super Mario Bros recieve are because they are great games. Mario DS is a launch title that's why I say differently of it.

Lana
Lana...

Buy a DS!

I have a feeling I am going to hear this from you every day until I finally get one...

Kayne Archeron
DS > PSP gamewise

General Kaliero
Lana, buy a DS! stick out tongue

Lana
Oh great, now other people have started in on it now too stick out tongue

Vinny Valentine
Sorry, PSP Can access and Site on the Internet, Plus with the memory sticks available, you can Download movies onto them and watch anything you want on your PSP. Also its an MP3 player to-boot with the fact that it downloads music into it. Its also a Slick design. not the Bump loser ass Two Screened DS which is just stupid because Nintendo Fan boys go crazy over it because it was made by Nintendo.

Kayne Archeron
wow, ok... too bad the games suck

Lana
Sorry, PSP Can access and Site on the Internet, Plus with the memory sticks available, you can Download movies onto them and watch anything you want on your PSP. Also its an MP3 player to-boot with the fact that it downloads music into it. Its also a Slick design. not the Bump loser ass Two Screened DS which is just stupid because Nintendo Fan boys go crazy over it because it was made by Nintendo.

It's supposed to be a games system. Who cares if you can watch movies or download music to it or go online? It's supposed to play games first and foremost.

Fact is, it's got nothing in the way of decent games and that's why Sony pushes so hard on the fact that you can do other stuff like that. They wouldn't sell anything otherwise.

Kayne Archeron
It's supposed to be a games system. Who cares if you can watch movies or download music to it or go online? It's supposed to play games first and foremost.

Fact is, it's got nothing in the way of decent games and that's why Sony pushes so hard on the fact that you can do other stuff like that. They wouldn't sell anything otherwise.

long version of what i just said lol

preysin
DS is for litle children. the PSP is older players.the ds can sell billions but it stillcant beat the PSP in game movies and music.

Lana
Originally posted by preysin
DS is for litle children. the PSP is older players.the ds can sell billions but it stillcant beat the PSP in game movies and music.

DS appears to be winning in the games department already, and as I said...the ability to play music and movies should be irrelevant with a game system.

And note that most of us in this thread saying the DS is better are not kids at all. Fun does not equal childish.

General Kaliero
Fun does not equal childish.

Maybe THAT could have been Sony's PSP campaign.

"If you're having fun, you're playing a kiddie system. Buy the PSP so you can be surly and bored, like non-kids are supposed to be!"

AstroFan

Did you say games? blink

preysin
DS appears to be winning in the games department already, and as I said...the ability to play music and movies should be irrelevant with a game system.

And note that most of us in this thread saying the DS is better are not kids at all. Fun does not equal childish.

im not goin to argue wiht you anyways. you say psp sucks then fine. i still think the ds is for young children. i dont want to get ban beacuase i disagree with you.

AstroFan
No get banned, its cool, we dont mind.

preysin
stfu

Vinny Valentine
Lana, as I said. Its Nintendo Fan Based. The PSP may be more then just a gaming system, but thats what makes it unique and worth buying.

Smasandian
Too bad that entertainment package doesnt sell.

Why doesnt Sony put in a cellphone in there so it resembles the mobile phones from the earlier 90's.

Lana
Lana, as I said. Its Nintendo Fan Based. The PSP may be more then just a gaming system, but thats what makes it unique and worth buying.

I really don't see how it playing movies and music makes it worth buying. You've got to re-buy all the movies anyway, or get a memory stick to download them, and with the screen as small as it is, you're not going to be able to see it very well either.

And as for music...you can get mp3 players quite cheap, and most people have some sort of mp3 player already as it is. So again, I see no point.

It's a game system first and foremost, and you can tell that Sony was worried about the competition when they stuffed all that extra - unnecessary - stuff in there.

I would say that the PSP is selling more to the hardcore Sony fans than the DS is to the Nintendo fans.

Vinny Valentine
I really don't see how it playing movies and music makes it worth buying. You've got to re-buy all the movies anyway, or get a memory stick to download them, and with the screen as small as it is, you're not going to be able to see it very well either.

And as for music...you can get mp3 players quite cheap, and most people have some sort of mp3 player already as it is. So again, I see no point.

It's a game system first and foremost, and you can tell that Sony was worried about the competition when they stuffed all that extra - unnecessary - stuff in there.

I would say that the PSP is selling more to the hardcore Sony fans than the DS is to the Nintendo fans.

I'm not a Sony Fan and I got one.. Its only 200$ For An MP3 Player, Playstation and Movie Player. If You Buy the Special pack for a low price you get a Memory stick which can hold a Movie, Or Hundreds of Songs.

I bought mine Because I can Do Three things instead of 1. Its a Multi-tool and worth the money, which most Handhelds aren't. All my friends bought one for the same reason, and a few of my friends who gt the DS regretted it for its poor images and abilities.

Lana
I'm not a Sony Fan and I got one.. Its only 200$ For An MP3 Player, Playstation and Movie Player. If You Buy the Special pack for a low price you get a Memory stick which can hold a Movie, Or Hundreds of Songs.

I bought mine Because I can Do Three things instead of 1. Its a Multi-tool and worth the money, which most Handhelds aren't. All my friends bought one for the same reason, and a few of my friends who gt the DS regretted it for its poor images and abilities.

See, everyone I know is the exact opposite. Everyone I know who has a DS absolutely loves it, while the few people I know who got a PSP are definitely regretting spending that much money.

In my mind, it's $200 for something that plays music - while I've got an iPod already, plays movies - that I wouldn't be able to see anyway, and plays games - though there is none that I have any interest in at all, or $130 for something that plays games - and has a lot that I want.

Vinny Valentine
See, everyone I know is the exact opposite. Everyone I know who has a DS absolutely loves it, while the few people I know who got a PSP are definitely regretting spending that much money.

In my mind, it's $200 for something that plays music - while I've got an iPod already, plays movies - that I wouldn't be able to see anyway, and plays games - though there is none that I have any interest in at all, or $130 for something that plays games - and has a lot that I want.

...Not To mention it can log into the internet, anywere theres an internet connection wirelessly. And Were I live, they're Everywere.

Lana
...Not To mention it can log into the internet, anywere theres an internet connection wirelessly. And Were I live, they're Everywere.

I've got a laptop. Pointless.

Vinny Valentine
I've got a laptop. Pointless.

You Can't Hold a Laptop in the Pocket.

preysin

yeah Happy Dance

pwned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AstroFan
Im thoroughly enjoying myself right now. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lana

I wouldn't be able to fit a PSP in my pocket either, so what? My cellphone barely fits in there.

AstroFan
I wouldn't be able to fit a PSP in my pocket either, so what? My cellphone barely fits in there.

Oooh, Lana wears tight pants. stick out tongue

Vinny Valentine

Thats You Though stick out tongue

I Can Access KMC Anywhere laughing out loud

preysin
Originally posted by AstroFan
Im thoroughly enjoying myself right now. roll eyes (sarcastic)

if you have noting important to say go away.

Lana
Thats You Though stick out tongue

I Can Access KMC Anywhere laughing out loud

As can I.

And on a screen that's big enough to actually read.

Why don't you 1) not tell others what to do, and 2) take your own advice?

AstroFan

Fine.....

As a former owner of both, I must say I prefer the DS by a longshot. no expression

Vinny Valentine
As can I.

And on a screen that's big enough to actually read.

Why don't you 1) not tell others what to do, and 2) take your own advice?

Not True, The PSP Screen is great, and makes everthing very visable. I Could Post on KMC Fine With It.

Lana
Not True, The PSP Screen is great, and makes everthing very visable. I Could Post on KMC Fine With It.

I've got very poor eyesight, even with glasses on. No matter how sharp or clear the screen is, I won't be able to see anything like websites or movies well on a screen that small.

BackFire

Mind you, there's an upcomming accessory for the DS that will allow Internet browsing.

Smasandian

So how long does it take to post on the Net from the PSP?

General Kaliero
The fact of the matter is, if you don't have an MP3 player, a web browser, or a DVD player, then MAYBE a PSP is the thing for you. Because it's a handheld media device.

BUT, I have an MP3 player, and iPod Nanos are about $60-70 if you know where to go now.

When I'm running around town, I'm probably not gonna bring a computer with me. Give me the choice of aimlessly surfing the web while in a waiting room, or playing some fun games - I'll choose the games any time.

I have a DVD player. Hell, my family even has a set of portable DVD players in our car. But on those players, I can watch ANY movie on DVD. If I wanted to watch some of my favorite movies on a PSP, I would have to buy extra copies in the UMD format, and bring along some extra batteries just in case.

So all of the things that the PSP offers, I already have. I had them when the PSP first came out, too.

The PSP might be a nice media device, but it's not the one thing that I'd want on a long trip - a game device.

TheKingofKINGS!
The DS is cool, but the Wii seems a tad too extravagent to be a great console system. I'll be getting the PS3 myself.Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by Smasandian
So how long does it take to post on the Net from the PSP?

Just as fast as the connection you're using.

AstroFan
Originally posted by TheKingofKINGS!
The DS is cool, but the Wii seems a tad too extravagent to be a great console system. I'll be getting the PS3 myself.

Extravagent? lol

General Kaliero
So the cheaper one with the super-simplified control design is more extravagant than the $600 one that's supposed to replace every single other electronic device in you household? Huh.

Lana
Originally posted by TheKingofKINGS!
The DS is cool, but the Wii seems a tad too extravagent to be a great console system. I'll be getting the PS3 myself.

....huh?

I think you might be slightly confused there blink

Kayne Archeron
hm, i never knew 100 dollar systems were more extravagent than 600 dollar systems

Smasandian
Just as fast as the connection you're using.

I mean typing.

Ushgarak
Lana...

BUY A DS!

Blaxican Hydra
My freind bought a Psp when it first came out, while another one bought a DS. My first one got tired of buying DVD's for it, hated the games, hated the battery life, and chucked his PSP out the window and bought a DS.

no expression

Burned.

But seriously though my d*ck has more life than the PSP.

Lana
Lana...

BUY A DS!

I am going to start poking you.

And you know I want one!

BackFire
Poking him won't result in you having one.

You buy, you buy.

Morgoths_Wrath
http://digitalbattle.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/nintendo_ds_lite.jpg

oooooooohh

http://www.gadgetreview.com/uploaded_images/ds-lite-709684.jpg

aaaahhhhhh

Lana
Poking him won't result in you having one.

You buy, you buy.

Might make him stop pestering me.

Okay, I know it won't.

But I am planning on getting on as soon as I can afford it.

Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath

oooooooohh

aaaahhhhhh

The blue one is pretty big grin

General Kaliero
Damn, that blue one IS nice... stupid single-color Lite launch...

Oh well... just need to coerce one of my sibs into getting a Lite, and then "trading" them... evil face

Lana
...yeah, when I get one it'll definitely be blue. Only makes sense to get it in my favorite color, and as it's a light color, smudges and fingerprints won't show up as easily as on the black one...right Ush? stick out tongue

Ushgarak
Shut up forever.

BackFire
...yeah, when I get one it'll definitely be blue. Only makes sense to get it in my favorite color, and as it's a light color, smudges and fingerprints won't show up as easily as on the black one...right Ush? stick out tongue

On my white one sudges and fingerprints are still all over the place.

Kayne Archeron
wooooah, the dark blue one is smexy looking

JToTheP
Red DS Phat wins. stick out tongue

Lana
Meh, I don't like red.

Kayne Archeron
i like red and blue... maybe they should make a purple one

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath

oooooooohh

aaaahhhhhh

Me likes the top one.

Ushgarak
Me has it!

Really does show up thozse fingerprints though.

ESB -1138
Sad that the DS Lite has already out sold the PSP

WrathfulDwarf
Me has it!

Really does show up thozse fingerprints though.

Those finger prints might make you a suspect Ush.

*pauses CSI episode*

Ushgarak
It's ok, I was wearing BF's fingerpints.

Lana

How do you wear someone else's fingerprints?

I was at the mall today and was in Gamestop and yeah....really want to get one. My sister decided that when I do, she's just going to get her own games and use mine, heh.

WrathfulDwarf

You let BF play with your toys? stick out tongue

BackFire

So THAT's why the cops showed up yesterday. Were rambling about some terrible atrocity in England where my fingerprints were everywhere.

Arahan
Ah yes the DS is a fine piece of Hardware.
I will definetly buy one. DS offers more interesting
games thanks to the touch and dual screen.

WrathfulDwarf
*BUMP*

Buy one Lana.

Lana
Oh great, now more people are after me to get one.....

WrathfulDwarf
This is now a conspiracy!

*moving to Conspiracy Theory thread*

BackFire
Oh great, now more people are after me to get one.....

Yeah, so just go buy one. Make the madness end. Think of the children, and so on.

JToTheP
Yeah, so just go buy one. Make the madness end. Think of the children, and so on.

Who's children, your's BF?

BackFire
No, yours.

Deano
waste of money if u ask me. i dont need a psp. i have a ps2. and they are much bettersmile

JToTheP
No, yours.

Nobody refers to my children, so it must be yours or Ush's.

BackFire
Originally posted by Deano
waste of money if u ask me. i dont need a psp. i have a ps2. and they are much bettersmile

That's good, the discussion is about the DS though, which is much different than the PSP.

Deano
i dont need a nintendo ds either. stick out tongue

BackFire
Can't play Nintendo games on a PS2 though.

Ushgarak
Has Lana bought one yet?

Deano
Can't play Nintendo games on a PS2 though.

ive got a nintendo gamecube. why do i need a nintendo ds?

Lana
Has Lana bought one yet?

No Lana hasn't.

Because...they're not the same games?

Ushgarak
Lana- go buy one!

And Deano- learn the point of handhelds.

BackFire

Games that aren't on the gamecube.

Kayne Archeron

GTFO and get one, then you'll see

MadMel
ive got a nintendo gamecube. why do i need a nintendo ds? cuz its portable, and it has online, and it has different games than the cube...why else?

JToTheP

That is basically the best possible reason.

Deano
Originally posted by Kayne Archeron
GTFO and get one, then you'll see

i dont need to get one to see. you see?

Deano
Lana- go buy one!

And Deano- learn the point of handhelds.

to me the point of em is to play em when u are on a long journey. why play em anywhere else, especially if you have a console in your home

Deano

im sure there are better games on the gamecube. i doubt there is any nintendo ds games worth having an orgasm over

JToTheP
im sure there are better games on the gamecube. i doubt there is any nintendo ds games worth having an orgasm over

You fail horribly.

New Super Mario Bros, Resident Evil: DS, Super Princess Peach, Mario 64, Mario Kart: DS, Mario & Luigi, Final Fantasy III.

And every other good DS game I don't own. (Not counting 3, I just want it.)

General Kaliero
Indeed, if you think there aren't any must-have games for the DS, you're an idiot.

My entire DS library contains only games rated at an average of 8 out of 10 or above, and I've got 12 total. That's not even all of the games at that level, just the ones I've gotten my hands on. Considering how short a time the DS has been out, and considering the relative quality of games these days, that many hit games should be reason enough to buy a DS.

Kayne Archeron
i dont need to get one to see. you see?

actually, yes, you do. otherwise, you don't know what you're talking about, as you haven't this whole time... it's amazing you're even allowed to buy games

Deano
ive played one, because my friend has one. so no actually i dont have to buy one.

Originally posted by JToTheP
You fail horribly.

New Super Mario Bros, Resident Evil: DS, Super Princess Peach, Mario 64, Mario Kart: DS, Mario & Luigi, Final Fantasy III.

And every other good DS game I don't own. (Not counting 3, I just want it.)

resident evil? i have it for ps2 and gamecube. why wud i need it for nintendo ds? same with final fantasy and mario games.
they are a waste of money.

Originally posted by General Kaliero
Indeed, if you think there aren't any must-have games for the DS, you're an idiot.

My entire DS library contains only games rated at an average of 8 out of 10 or above, and I've got 12 total. That's not even all of the games at that level, just the ones I've gotten my hands on. Considering how short a time the DS has been out, and considering the relative quality of games these days, that many hit games should be reason enough to buy a DS.

well no its an opinion. you name a so called great game on the nintendo ds and i'll name you 20 similar games for the ps2, xbox an dgamecube which are just as good or better. im not saying no good games exist on the nintendo ds am i? no

Lana
Mario for DS is drastically different.

And this is the first time FFIII has ever been released outside of Japan.

So nope, you are wrong.

Phazon
WOW

"one DS every 2 Second" thats NICE!!

BackFire
Resident Evil, maybe, since it is the same basic game for the gamecube and PS1. Final Fantasy is a totally new game, one that's never been released before. And New Super Mario Bros is a brand new side scrolling platformer, the first starring Mario in around a decade.

DS has many great games, that aren't available on any other systems. Castlevania, Advance Wars, Mario Kart DS, Nintendogs. Plus with upcomming games like a new Mega Man X sidescroller, New Star Fox, and a New Zelda game, it's hardly a waste of money.

lord xyz

Will the Wii have the same luck? Time will tell. w00t PSP sucks!

And New Super Mario Bros is a brand new side scrolling platformer, the first starring Mario in around a decade.
The first starring Mario? confused

If you hold down L and R in the pick a file screen, then press A, you can play as Luigi.

H. S. 6
Plus with upcomming games like a new Mega Man X sidescroller, New Star Fox, and a New Zelda game, it's hardly a waste of money.

But only if handheld gaming is your cup of tea. Otherwise, it's useless.

I had gotten one for Christmas, but I think I used it maybe six or seven times. Ended up taking it back.

BackFire
Some of these games are better than their console counterparts (Mario Mart DS).

And no, not only if handheld gaming is your cup of tea. I've never been a particularly big fan of Hand Held gaming, but I love the DS, because the games are just as good, often times better, than games you can find on home consoles.

Ritoshi
Tetris is the best....

JToTheP
Lana, BF, everyone, it's clearly a null argument, this kid is very narrowminded. He ignores our reasoning, of Mario Kart DS being a lot better then Double Dash, except I like the DD gameplay more than the original style. Unless he has Ps1 he doesn't own RE: DS, which he thinks he does, again he is wrong. Final Fantasy 3, there is no reason at all to turn down this game. I don't enjoy many Final Fantasies, mainly 7, 10, and 11, but 3 interests me a lot.

And the main argument, I'm sure 21 million DS owners are wrong. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
Important thing is that Lana gets one.

And that Deano was wrong when he answered my point.

Lana
Stupid blue DS...

JToTheP
Lana at this point color means nothing, BUY IT NOW! stick out tongue

Deano
Originally posted by JToTheP
Lana, BF, everyone, it's clearly a null argument, this kid is very narrowminded. He ignores our reasoning, of Mario Kart DS being a lot better then Double Dash, except I like the DD gameplay more than the original style. Unless he has Ps1 he doesn't own RE: DS, which he thinks he does, again he is wrong. Final Fantasy 3, there is no reason at all to turn down this game. I don't enjoy many Final Fantasies, mainly 7, 10, and 11, but 3 interests me a lot.

And the main argument, I'm sure 21 million DS owners are wrong. roll eyes (sarcastic)

millions of people like britney spears. whats your point kid?

im not narrowminded. i have a ps2,gamecube and xbox. theres enough games on those three consoles without shelling out silly money for a handheld machine. but thats just me.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>