Darth Revan Vs Exar Kun

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

anakin 106
i vote darth revan

Darth Sexy
Unlikely.. Kun takes this.

GM Nebaris
The thing is, Exar Kun's most (and only imo) spectacular feats are his amulet blasts, freezing an entire senate chamber, draining the Massasi to preserve his life and rasing hell (as a spirit) on the NJO (at an early stage). Those things are pretty impressive, but not that great. IMO, his blasts are overrated ( I mean a direct blast did jack to Aleema), his freezing spell was seriously put to shame by Joruus and draining the Massasi could have been a simple spell (and imo, it probably was) that Aleema or Satal could have done with the right knowledge.

While that is pretty impressive, imo the stuff that Revan does in KotOR is much more impressive. It's extremely probable that Revan likely learnt a bunch of sith stuff from Malachor V and Korriban. Anyways I'm too tired to make an argument for him right now, but I just thought I would list my opinion.

Darth Sexy
Revan's feats might be more impressive, but Kuns feats are a testament of his power, which is superior to Revan's.

GM Nebaris
What exactly? His amulet blasts? Simple attacks imo. Revan clearly fought through a small army in the SF, likely much of it single handedly. This shows that he was clearly one heck of a warrior.

Escape81
Not to mention his phenomenal lightsaber ability, which has been very well established.

Once again, you fail to understand that Kun's powers are concrete and Revan's are not.

For the love of God!

We know nothing about Revan as far as his powers are concerned. We know he's a male, he's a former Jedi turned Sith Lord turned to the light side again. We know Malak was his apprentice and he was Traya's apprentice.

That's it.

But, I should have known. You're the guy who believes Lumiya is far more powerful than Sidious and Vader.

GM Nebaris
Not to mention his phenomenal lightsaber ability, which has been very well established.'

No, it hasn't. He was beaten by Sylvar as a padawan. He wasn't able to defeat Ulic Quel-Droma in a duel. He defeated Vodo with countless advantages on his side. I doubt he was even the best saber dueler of his time.

'Once again, you fail to understand that Kun's powers are concrete and Revan's are not.'

I forgot, you're one of those people who need 100% concrete evidence to base you're arguments on. Never mind logical deduction and common sense.

'We know nothing about Revan as far as his powers are concerned. We know he's a male, he's a former Jedi turned Sith Lord turned to the light side again. We know Malak was his apprentice and he was Traya's apprentice.'

Clearly you either haven't ever played KotOR, or you have a seriously bad memory. We know much more than that from the games. Check it out on wookiepedia.

Escape81
Originally posted by GM Nebaris
Not to mention his phenomenal lightsaber ability, which has been very well established.'

No, it hasn't. He was beaten by Sylvar as a padawan. He wasn't able to defeat Ulic Quel-Droma in a duel. He defeated Vodo with countless advantages on his side. I doubt he was even the best saber dueler of his time.

'Once again, you fail to understand that Kun's powers are concrete and Revan's are not.'

I forgot, you're one of those people who need 100% concrete evidence to base you're arguments on. Never mind logical deduction and common sense.

'We know nothing about Revan as far as his powers are concerned. We know he's a male, he's a former Jedi turned Sith Lord turned to the light side again. We know Malak was his apprentice and he was Traya's apprentice.'

Clearly you either haven't ever played KotOR, or you have a seriously bad memory. We know much more than that from the games. Check it out on wookiepedia.

Logical deduction?

Logical deduction dictates that Palpatine would WTFpwn Revan. Sure you wanna go that route?

GM Nebaris
Really? Proof? Force Storm = overrated. Sidious' dueling skills were not enough to defeat dark side DE Luke. How is Sidious going to take down Revan?

Darth Sexy
The force storm was overrated? Last I saw, it destroyed fleets and anything in it's path. It might be the greatest dark side power or one of them, but it is certainly not overrated. And nobody ever said Palpatine was a superb dueler except for the fact that when he fought Luke, him and Luke both moved faster than the eye could see.

Motoko Sama
Originally posted by GM Nebaris
No, it hasn't. He was beaten by Sylvar as a padawan.

Lying will not help you in a debate, Nebaris:

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/3719/sylvarkunduelww0.th.jpg

I see Sylvar giving into her rage, and slashing Kun across the face, and thus "failed Master Vodo's test". Immediately after, Kun pushes Sylvar's face down completely, and is about ready to kill her. Beaten? I call it bullshit.

Okay, so he stalemated Ulic in a duel. Your point? Ulic is a lightsaber prodigy, and at that point was a master as well. May I remind you Ulic killed Warb Null in a single strike despite Warb using Darkside energies to weaken Ulic? And that's the same Warb Null who held off both Cay and Oss, and sliced off Cay's arm:

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/1269/ulickillsuu0.th.jpg

Also, he held off a pissed off Sylvar while having no connection to the Force. And about their duel - Kun hadn't even developed his double bladed lightsaber yet.

Oh! You must mean his one advantage of a double bladed lightsaber! But then again, Vodo has a stick that is more powerful than a lightsaber. By the way, Exar cleaved through Vodo's stick with ONE SIDE of his lightsaber, not two:

http://img472.imageshack.us/img472/5595/vodokunduelaz8.th.jpg

Then who is exactly? Sylvar? The one who is "of no consequence to Exar Kun" described by the omniscient narrator? Or Oss Willum? Who got owned by a couple of mercenaries? Or even Cay Qel-Droma, who gets his arm lopped off every comic?

Considering you haven't displayed either, I'd say so.

GM Nebaris
How would the force storm help him in a one on one battle exactly? Sidious can't control it on a small scale. This is aparent with his battle against Luke.

jollyjim311
Kun definitely.

Darth Sexy
How do you cleave through anything with both sides Sama? Also, I often thought about it but it's quite weird that he opened the other side of his saber but only used 1 side? That doesn't seem logical at all, then again nobody has any idea of his lost technique. For all we know he used both sides like Maul.

GM Nebaris
'I see Sylvar giving into her rage, and slashing Kun across the face, and thus "failed Master Vodo's test". Immediately after, Kun pushes Sylvar's face down completely, and is about ready to kill her. Beaten? I call it bullshit.'

Yes, she gave into her rage by scratching him. However she was still able to get her hand in position to scratch him without leaving herself in a vulnerable position, thus she could have just as easily punched him and defeated him.

'Oh! You must mean his one advantage of a double bladed lightsaber! But then again, Vodo has a stick that is more powerful than a lightsaber. By the way, Exar cleaved through Vodo's stick with ONE SIDE of his lightsaber, not two:'

A bunch of other advantages. 2 avantages when weapons are concerned: Vodo's wooden staff was not able to handle the cutting power of a lightsaber and Kun's saber stuff was unfamiliar to Vodo. Kun was also fully consumed by the darkside and thus was not holding back one bit. Vodo also still cared about Kun (he was his master) and was trying to turn him back to the light side, thus holding back.

'Then who is exactly?'

Vodo or Ulic imo.

GM Nebaris
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
How do you cleave through anything with both sides Sama? Also, I often thought about it but it's quite weird that he opened the other side of his saber but only used 1 side? That doesn't seem logical at all, then again nobody has any idea of his lost technique. For all we know he used both sides like Maul.

What are you talking about? Why do you assume he didn't use the other side?

Motoko Sama

What the hell? You don't even make sense. I'm saying when he cleaved through Vodo's stick, he used only one side of it to do that as seen in the actual source material.

GM Nebaris
Originally posted by Motoko Sama
What the hell? You don't even make sense. I'm saying when he cleaved through Vodo's stick, he used only one side of it to do that as seen in the actual source material.

lol laughing

jollyjim311
http://www.swtimeline.ru/?comics=279&page=23
http://www.swtimeline.ru/?comics=279&page=24

GM Nebaris
Originally posted by jollyjim311
http://www.swtimeline.ru/?comics=279&page=23
http://www.swtimeline.ru/?comics=279&page=24

And?

jollyjim311
Note the amulet blasts. thumb up

Darth Sexy

Pipe down, I misread it, and I my point was how do we know he used 1 blade to fight Vodo, after he ignited the second one. I read this in earlier Kun threads.

GM Nebaris
Pipe down, I misread it, and I my point was how do we know he used 1 blade to fight Vodo, after he ignited the second one. I read this in earlier Kun threads.

He presumably used both blades, like normal practitioners of the saber staff...

Darth Sexy
Well I notice the likes of "IKC" and "lllustrious" arguing the fact that he only used 1 blade to fight Vodo, although I see absolutely no logic in that considering he opened the second blade, and when you have a double bladed saber you do have to change your style, so it is impossible to only use 1 blade.

GM Nebaris
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Note the amulet blasts. thumb up

Firstly, that isn't even too impressive.
Secondly, that was when Kun couldn't control them and they were threatening to himself. He had to learn how to control them so he could limit the magnitude to a less hazardous state.

Motoko Sama
You misunderstand the point. It doesn't matter if he used both sides while he was fighting, he only used one side to break through Vodo's stick which is more powerful than a lightsaber.

Darth Sexy
No, I got the point, as I stated in my previous post.

Motoko Sama
This post?

Well I notice the likes of "IKC" and "lllustrious" arguing the fact that he only used 1 blade to fight Vodo, although I see absolutely no logic in that considering he opened the second blade, and when you have a double bladed saber you do have to change your style, so it is impossible to only use 1 blade.

You're talking about him actually fighting Vodo using both sides of his lightsaber, I'm talking about when he cleaved through Vodo's stick. It's impossible to cleave through a single stick with both blades as it's a staff seperated by a lightsaber hilt. All I'm saying is that it was an advantage to Vodo, and a testament to Kun's strength as he only used the equivalent to a single lightsaber (using one side to break through).

If you think you get the point, whatever. It's trivial.

Darth Sexy
Right I do, and that makes sense too.

GM Nebaris
This post?

You're talking about him actually fighting Vodo using both sides of his lightsaber, I'm talking about when he cleaved through Vodo's stick. It's impossible to cleave through a single stick with both blades as it's a staff seperated by a lightsaber hilt. All I'm saying is that it was an advantage to Vodo, and a testament to Kun's strength as he only used the equivalent to a single lightsaber (using one side to break through).

If you think you get the point, whatever. It's trivial.

The thing is, Vodo's staff clearly isn't able to withstand the cutting power of a saber, and that proves it. You just need enough momentum behind the blow.

Darth Sexy
And again, Vodo made his staff to specifically block a lightsaber, if he didnt his staff would be cut instantly.

GM Nebaris
Yet he was wrong. Basically, all that is needed is enough force from the swing to cut through it. It's kind of like really hard cheese. A knife can still cut through it, it just requires more force to do so.

Darth Sexy
No no, you're misunderstanding, it says a lot about Kun's strength at this point, more than Vodo's stick. And again, if it had been less powerful than a saber it would have instantly been destroyed.

GM Nebaris
No no, you're misunderstanding, it says a lot about Kun's strength at this point, more than Vodo's stick.

I agree.

And again, if it had been less powerful than a saber it would have instantly been destroyed.

Refer to my cheese analogy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.