Orion vs DC Ares

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UniOmni
Can the Dog of War defeat the God of War?

guy222
ares losing to diana was silly

akhenaten
Originally posted by guy222
ares losing to diana was silly

yeah i agree, he lost only because he is a man and most of the time the writers dont want to show man beating up a women because thats just wrong in many cases, also get hate mails from the women rights and such,getting acused of motivating young male to display violance against a helpless female.... so after taking all that into account? yeah they let diana beat him

SquallX
Originally posted by akhenaten
yeah i agree, he lost only because he is a man and most of the time the writers dont want to show man beating up a women because thats just wrong in many cases, also get hate mails from the women rights and such,getting acused of motivating young male to display violance against a helpless female.... so after taking all that into account? yeah they let diana beat him

And that's stupid, real life should not dictic fiction.

If any idiots goes out there and beat a female just because they read, or saw it and they know it's a work of fiction should get beat right back for being stupid.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by akhenaten

Diana's wins over Ares are usually due to plot device (ie. her haxxed lasso) or Ares willingly jobbing to Diana to further his own plans. So, no, they didn't let Diana beat Ares to dissuade women rights or political stuff like that; they let Diana win to further the plot, same as they let Superman beat people he shouldn't or Batman or whomever.

iceman24567
Ares

akhenaten
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Diana's wins over Ares are usually due to plot device (ie. her haxxed lasso) or Ares willingly jobbing to Diana to further his own plans. So, no, they didn't let Diana beat Ares to dissuade women rights or political stuff like that; they let Diana win to further the plot, same as they let Superman beat people he shouldn't or Batman or whomever.

of course they make a plot to justify it, but facts are writers many times try to avoid showing male characters beating female characters because that can evolve them in minor unplesent trouble like i explained

JakeTheBank
Except when female characters get stuffed into fridges or killed off or sexually assaulted to provide another character with "character development". The movement to stop sexism in comics has been around for a while, but it's only pretty recently that creators are actually doing things about it, namely DC.

That being said, Diana has been beaten up by male characters before without it coming off as misogynist or anything.

akhenaten
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Except when female characters get stuffed into fridges or killed off or sexually assaulted to provide another character with "character development". The movement to stop sexism in comics has been around for a while, but it's only pretty recently that creators are actually doing things about it, namely DC.

That being said, Diana has been beaten up by male characters before without it coming off as misogynist or anything.

of course she was, i never said its always like that but many times it is a factor, just like in action flicks most of the time the women kicks the mans ass because many find it offencive to see a man punching a women

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.