The Giver

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

~Da Rev~
Looks great. One of my favorite books, and one of my favorite actors is attached to play The Giver.

here's some info

http://imdb.com/title/tt0435651/

musicislife
I can't wait.

gshkris72
sweet.. i read the book a while back.. pretty weird book, but i liked it..cant wait to see itsmile!

LanceWindu
Oooh, this has me excited now. This is my top book, one that's always stuck in my mind after having to read it for assignment in 6th grade.

gshkris72
gr 6? same here

Myth
Ooh, Jeff Bridges. The only problem is that the thing about the color will be more obvious in the film since we are seeing instead of reading. That was my favorite part because it was kind of like a twist.

Btw, I think Haley Joel Osment would make a great Receiver (he's what? 18 now? Perfect).

~Da Rev~
Originally posted by Myth
Ooh, Jeff Bridges. The only problem is that the thing about the color will be more obvious in the film since we are seeing instead of reading. That was my favorite part because it was kind of like a twist.

Btw, I think Haley Joel Osment would make a great Receiver (he's what? 18 now? Perfect). Oh yeah, i'm sure he'll get cast the part, unless they want some sort of no name in it. Because he is perfect for that part yes

H. S. 6
Oh man. I thought I recognized the title.

I remember reading this book. It was really good; hopefully, the movie does it justice.

JKozzy
Yep, 6th grade I read that book, and man was that one of the better books I've read. I really look forward to seeing this in the cinema.

Grimm22
Im just glad they didnt cast Willie Nelson as the Giver big grin

I still am waiting for the movie version of, Anthem erm

http://www.cliffsnotes.com/WileyCDA/LitNote/id-17,pageNum-7.html

sithsaber408
Originally posted by LanceWindu
Oooh, this has me excited now. This is my top book, one that's always stuck in my mind after having to read it for assignment in 6th grade. Originally posted by gshkris72
gr 6? same here Originally posted by JKozzy
Yep, 6th grade I read that book, and man was that one of the better books I've read. I really look forward to seeing this in the cinema.

Again, 6th grade. (seems to be a theme running here.)

I have high hopes for this movie.

Cast Elijah Wood, he still looks 12 anyway. stick out tongue

allofyousuckkk
ha, 5th, 6th and 7th grade

beat that

LanceWindu

Btw, I think Haley Joel Osment would make a great Receiver (he's what? 18 now? Perfect).

I was wondering the same thing. erm Reading the book and not knowing that was coming was such a big plot twist, how will it switch to film?

Maybe they'll try to pass it off as a black and white film, and then those who never read the book will get the twist when we find out it's a colored world, but these particular people are desaturated.

Myth
Yeah, maybe the twist will be made so that we see the color but don't understand why they don't understand it. Still, I will rather miss that "surprise".

gshkris72

yeah, he would be really good for the part.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.