Marka Ragnos vs. Revan, Bane, & Malak

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

General Kon-El
Force battle only. Who wins this?

GM Nebaris
Dude, how many threads do you make? And either would beat ragnos, easily. Revan would just fry his ass with lightning, Darth Bane would just set him on fire and Malak would just choke him.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by GM Nebaris
Dude, how many threads do you make? And either would beat ragnos, easily.

I'm going to assume you have a sense of humor all of a sudden, or is it the fact that you read too many arguments and not have your own opinion. We know very little about Ragnos except that he was at the very least, very powerful. There's nothing to suggest that either of these 3 can beat him, but again there is very inconclusive evidence otherwise. I'm going to go with the fact that Ragnos drains them, or uses one of his special techniques. This is just an opinion though because Ragnos is largely unknown, but again nothing states that these 3 could take him.

Escape81
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
I'm going to assume you have a sense of humor all of a sudden, or is it the fact that you read too many arguments and not have your own opinion. We know very little about Ragnos except that he was at the very least, very powerful. There's nothing to suggest that either of these 3 can beat him, but again there is very inconclusive evidence otherwise. I'm going to go with the fact that Ragnos drains them, or uses one of his special techniques. This is just an opinion though because Ragnos is largely unknown, but again nothing states that these 3 could take him.

I would say that these three have a chance against him in a Force battle, and a very good one. But individually? No. No chance at all, except for maybe Revan - and that's a slim chance.

GM Nebaris
How is ragnos going to stop Bane setting him on fire? Revan was known to be able to unleash lightning to a frightening degree, Ragnos is not going to block it. Malak was incredible with his choke, Ragnos would have no defence against it. Remember, the Ancient sith hardly have any defence to DS techniques.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Escape81
I would say that these three have a chance against him in a Force battle, and a very good one. But individually? No. No chance at all, except for maybe Revan - and that's a slim chance.

Explain to me in terms of force abilities, what they are going to do to him that he cannot defend himself against, or he doesn't know. As for him, he does have a sword and a scepter that can drain all 3 opponents like nothing, if I'm correct. And Nebaris, you're not making any sense.

Darth Sexy
How is ragnos going to stop Bane setting him on fire? Revan was known to be able to unleash lightning to a frightening degree, Ragnos is not going to block it. Malak was incredible with his choke, Ragnos would have no defence against it. Remember, the Ancient sith hardly have any defence to DS techniques.

What a ridiculous post. Setting Ragnos on fire? Please. All of a sudden Ragnos, as the best of the best among the greatest in dark side knowledge, can't handle force lightning or a choke? Give me a break Nebaris.

GM Nebaris
'Setting Ragnos on fire? Please'

How would he defend against it?

Darth Sexy

What the hell does that even mean, setting Ragnos on fire. I'd imagine Ragnos slashes him in half or drains him before Bane has a chance to react. Obviously chugging stars isnt an option.

Escape81
Explain to me in terms of force abilities, what they are going to do to him that he cannot defend himself against, or he doesn't know. As for him, he does have a sword and a scepter that can drain all 3 opponents like nothing, if I'm correct. And Nebaris, you're not making any sense.

We know that all three are powerful in the Force - though Revan's exact powers are unknown. However, the same applies for Ragnos as well. I'd put him above these three in single combat simply because Revan isn't any where close to even Sadow - who feared Ragnos.

Furthermore, this is a Force battle, according to the maker of this thread. Meaning that Ragnos doesn't have his nifty Force scepter or sword - which means he doesn't have access to those abilities.

So, yes. I'd say that these three powerful Sith Lords have a strong chance in single Force combat against Marka Ragnos, though Malak would most likely die, as would Bane.

I agree with DS, here. You don't make any sense.

Revan, Bane, and Malak are described as being pretty damn powerful, and that is why I'd give them a strong chance. But Revan's a virtual unknown, Malak is the weakest link here, with Bane in the middle. Individually? Ragnos would probably tear them all up - to hell and back.

Furthermore, Ragnos possesses a lot of Dark Side defenses. As did most of the Ancient Sith. Only DE Sidious had more.

GM Nebaris
'How is ragnos going to stop Bane setting him on fire?'

You guys aren't answering my question.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Escape81
We know that all three are powerful in the Force - though Revan's exact powers are unknown. However, the same applies for Ragnos as well. I'd put him above these three in single combat simply because Revan isn't any where close to even Sadow - who feared Ragnos.

Furthermore, this is a Force battle, according to the maker of this thread. Meaning that Ragnos doesn't have his nifty Force scepter or sword - which means he doesn't have access to those abilities.

So, yes. I'd say that these three powerful Sith Lords have a strong chance in single Force combat against Marka Ragnos, though Malak would most likely die, as would Bane.

I agree with DS, here. You don't make any sense.

Revan, Bane, and Malak are described as being pretty damn powerful, and that is why I'd give them a strong chance. But Revan's a virtual unknown, Malak is the weakest link here, with Bane in the middle. Individually? Ragnos would probably tear them all up - to hell and back.

Furthermore, Ragnos possesses a lot of Dark Side defenses. As did most of the Ancient Sith. Only DE Sidious had more.

Well unfortunately I cannot make a conclusive argument for force abilities, just to state that Ragnos was the most powerful of the most powerful in the era of the greatest Dark side knowledge, so that alone would mean(not fully conclusively), that he is superior to all 3 of these, perhaps even together.

GM Nebaris
'How is ragnos going to stop Bane setting him on fire?'

You guys aren't answering my question.

Darth Sexy
It's not a question that needs answering, I'm just wondering where the hell you got it from.

GM Nebaris
Force fire cannot be blocked or resisted.

Darth Sexy
What the **** is force fire

Escape81
What the **** is force fire

Yeah. I haven't heard of it either. confused

GM Nebaris
I suggest reading Bane of The Sith. Darth Bane is able to use it. And no, this is not SS.

Darth Sexy
I have read the new sith war comics, and I have never heard of this crap, please enlighten us.

GM Nebaris
No, it's a short story from hyperspace.

Darth Sexy
LOL! And this is canon how?

Lightsnake
It's quite canon, thanks...officially published SW material to be exact

GM Nebaris
Haha, you got told.

Motoko Sama
GM, can you please provide the actual quote that proves your statements on "Force fire"? Not saying I don't believe you, but WTH is that without proof.

GM Nebaris
It'll take me a while, I'll do it as soon as I can. Depends how long Bane of The Sith is.

GM Nebaris
Ok, here it is (the whole paragraph):

Crouched inside the overhanging shelter of the broken doorway, he rested, exhausted from his ordeal -- first the flight from Ruusan, then the crash-landing on Dxun, and now the long and difficult trek through the jungle. He used a glimmer of his Sith power to summon fire and built a blaze from dead wood.The harsh orange and yellow light flickered and fought against the gloom.

Lightsnake, Nactous or other Hyperspace members should be able to confirm this.

Lightsnake
I'm pretty sure Sith can't just immolate people...

Flamboyant4Life

Stop, drop & roll.

GM Nebaris
Bane could presumably summon it from within Ragnos.

Flamboyant4Life
Bane could presumably summon it from within Ragnos. Originally posted by Flamboyant4Life
Stop, drop & roll.

GM Nebaris
Sure thing.

Mugen

Crouched inside the overhanging shelter of the broken doorway, he rested, exhausted from his ordeal -- first the flight from Ruusan, then the crash-landing on Dxun, and now the long and difficult trek through the jungle. He used a glimmer of his Sith power to summon fire and built a blaze from dead wood.The harsh orange and yellow light flickered and fought against the gloom.

Lightsnake, Nactous or other Hyperspace members should be able to confirm this. uhhh all i got from that was that he made a campfire, you could use force lightining to do that, no offense but what makes you think he could do that to Ragnos of all beings?

General Kon-El
Dude, how many threads do you make? Dude, why don't you run a thread search on the last three threads that i have made. And tell me if they were within the last two days. Be respectful, noob.

darthsith19
Marka Ragnos is stronger than any of these people, but together they might be able to take him down. Maybe.

Darth Sexy
Interesting. Well you don't need Marka Ragnos to stop Bane's force fire, just get Smokey the Bear, the official forest fire prevention spokesman.

GM Nebaris
Interesting. Well you don't need Marka Ragnos to stop Bane's force fire, just get Smokey the Bear, the official forest fire prevention spokesman.

lmao. I know that that was directed at me, but it was still quite a good burn. I give you man points for that.

GM Nebaris
Originally posted by General Kon-El
Dude, why don't you run a thread search on the last three threads that i have made. And tell me if they were within the last two days. Be respectful, noob.

Erm... Take a chill pill?

GM Nebaris
Originally posted by Mugen
uhhh all i got from that was that he made a campfire, you could use force lightining to do that, no offense but what makes you think he could do that to Ragnos of all beings?

The thing is, it is clearly stated that he used his sith power (which rules out any possibility of him doing it without the force) to summon (which rules out lightning) fire.

Mugen
alrights its a possibility, without any proof to an actually dignified power, like ohhh say starting a wildfire, or an inferno, all of which can be done by sith lightning, except only with a flammable source. But all that excerpt says is he summoned fire ( which i still haven't heard of any other sith on a greater level then him ever doing)to make a campfire. And yeah it said he summoned fire ok, well i could use some flint and some leaves to summon fire. Not trying to make a play on words, but i didnt take the literal meaning like you did., but still looking at it from your point of view, i still dont see that abiblity being useful in a force battle against Marka Rangos.

Great Vengeance
Force attacks can be blocked by a superior force user.

GM Nebaris
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
Force attacks can be blocked by a superior force user.

Not fire. Do you mean suppressed?

GM Nebaris
Originally posted by Mugen
alrights its a possibility, without any proof to an actually dignified power, like ohhh say starting a wildfire, or an inferno, all of which can be done by sith lightning, except only with a flammable source. But all that excerpt says is he summoned fire ( which i still haven't heard of any other sith on a greater level then him ever doing)to make a campfire. And yeah it said he summoned fire ok, well i could use some flint and some leaves to summon fire. Not trying to make a play on words, but i didnt take the literal meaning like you did., but still looking at it from your point of view, i still dont see that abiblity being useful in a force battle against Marka Rangos.

The thing is, the text states that he used sith power to summon fire. I think that it's pretty clear that it was a force power.

jollyjim311
And it can't be blocked... why?

GM Nebaris
Please explain how something fluid like fire will be blocked.

jollyjim311
Force push or absorbed.

Lightsnake
It's likely Bane just used lightning on the wood...or simply summoned flames from the already burning forest when his ship crashed. Those're the likelist suggestions

jollyjim311
Agreed.

GM Nebaris
Possibly...

GM Nebaris
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Force push or absorbed.

Absorbed? And I don't think it's as simple as pushing it away with telekenesis. I mean surely Bane could just summon the fire directly at his opponent, kind of like Luke's EL attack.

GM Nebaris
Originally posted by Lightsnake
It's likely Bane just used lightning on the wood...or simply summoned flames from the already burning forest when his ship crashed. Those're the likelist suggestions

I think if he had done it with lightning, it would have been clear. And also, after actually thinking about it for a while, I don't think he telekenetically pulled the fire over from the burning forest or anything, because the text clearly states that he used sith powers, and since when was telekenesis a sith power?

jollyjim311
Since when is moving objects a Jedi Power? Or Mind trick?

There are all sorts of texts that say people used their Jedi Powers, when, in actuality, they are universal force-using powers.

GM Nebaris
Huh?

Well the reasons why I think he was able to directly summon fire via the force are that the text clearly states he uses his sith powers (which would rule out telekenetically force pulling fire from a burning tree etc.), which would mean that he used some kind of dark power to do so. And if it were lightning, I believe that the text would have made it clear, I mean the whole short story is actually extremely descriptive and clear.

GM Nebaris
Absorbed? And I don't think it's as simple as pushing it away with telekenesis. I mean surely Bane could just summon the fire directly at his opponent, kind of like Luke's EL attack.

I don't think I made this point too clear. OK, if you've played Final Fantasy 7, you'll notice that when you summon fire, you summon it directly from within your opponent. Is there really a defence against that?

jollyjim311
I doubt Darth Bane plays Final Fantacy...

GM Nebaris
lolz good one.

Anyway, if he can summon fire, and if he can summon it in that way, there is a chance that it would be virtually impossible to defend against it.

Darth Ownage
Well if if one were to slow down the molecules feuling the fire then it would stop it or if one were to create a vacuum around the blaze it would instantly quash it

Lightsnake
Hey, we've seen Sith manipulate fire before, this's no different apparently...

Darth Ownage
Hey, we've seen Sith manipulate fire before, this's no different apparently... exactly but to what extent... is it like palps storm or ragnos sword red lightning .... a supernova or a lit fart

GM Nebaris
We've only ever seen sith manipulate fire through telekenesis.

Darth Ownage
We've only ever seen sith manipulate fire through telekenesis. dude they just discussed that

GM Nebaris
The thing is, the text makes it clear that he can directly summon fire via the force, and that's unique; no ither sith lord has done that.

Lightsnake
'Summoning' fire could easily be calling voer any of the massive flamng foliage crashing a ship would leave.

You're reading too much into this

Darth Ownage
'Summoning' fire could easily be calling voer any of the massive flamng foliage crashing a ship would leave.

You're reading too much into this exactly and even if to what extent i mean this has to be pretty exausting to mantain say the marka wondn't just hack him in half seeing bane as the largest threat

Darth Sexy
I don't understand why you guys think Ragnos would have THIS much trouble with these 3.

Darth Ownage
EDIT- watch your mouth

Darth Sexy
Yea sounds about right.

Darth Ownage
Yea sounds about right.

GM Nebaris
So you're back huh?

GM Nebaris

You're reading too much into this

The thing is, the text states that he uses sith power, which would be a dark side technique. By calling over, do yo mean force pulling over via telekenesis? Telekenesis isn't a dark side attack, so it doesn't aplly here.

Darth Ownage
So you're back huh? confused confused confused huh

Darth Ownage
EDIT

Captain REX
Stop making comments about rape. Thanks.

Nactous
Originally posted by Sith'ari

Lightsnake, Nactous or other Hyperspace members should be able to confirm this.

Yes, that is accurate.

yettoh
im not very familiar with marka ragnos but does he have scepter beams or is that just tavion releasing force power?

Quinlan_Vos

Darth Sexy
The only one that is more powerful than Ragnos is most likely DE Sidious..

Himo
The only one that is more powerful than Ragnos is most likely DE Sidious..

yes

They really need to expand on Ragnos.

Well, to this thread, if Ragnos had his staff he wins, if he doesn't, most likely no.

Quinlan_Vos
Name the source. We don't know much about Ragnos, how can we draw that he is the 2nd most powerful Sith.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Quinlan_Vos
Name the source. We don't know much about Ragnos, how can we draw that he is the 2nd most powerful Sith.

The most powerful of the most powerful of the ancient sith. Nobody has come close except for Sidious. Tremendous physical strength, frightening grasp of the dark side, created a scepter to drain force powers from planets, and entrust force abilities in non force sensitives. Sadow knew a way to give a spirit life again, as did Sidious and Kun, but it took the combined force from God knows how many planets (Jedi Academy), to resurrect Ragnos.

Adas
'but it took the combined force from God knows how many planets (Jedi Academy), to resurrect Ragnos.'

Your argument fails here because you're working under the assumption that it took that many planets because Ragnos was so powerful. It could have just as easily taken so many planets because it had been so long since Ragnos had been alive.

kamikz
I think it's mentioned in game that it is because he is over thousands of years old....

Adas
lol really? I've never actually played the game, I was just gussing.

kamikz
I have a fainth memory of it, I'll play through the game sometime to check to be sure, but I remembered hearing it in the game when you said it...

Darth Sexy
How does my argument fail exactly? All Freedon Nadd needed was some sith alchemy to gain life again, Ragnos had the combined force of a shitload of planets.

Adas
Did you just ignore my post?

Darth Sexy
Yes.. While we can't prove how much force it takes to really resurrect Ragnos, we know that they had to generate enough force from 10+ planets to even hope of resurrecting him, whereas all Nadd needed is some sith alchemy. Of course this could just mean that Tavion was clueless to the ancient sith teachings and found another way to resurrect him. However, Ragnos' own scepter drains the force from planets at a time, and gives the force to non force sensitives. If you can't consider him uber powerful, I don't know who you CAN consider uber.

Adas
I agree.

We know that the ancient sith with their amulets could accomplish and do some pretty incredible things (making stars go nova, creating mass illusions that could become real etc.) - they were described as godly, the best. We also know that Ragnos was described as the top dog of all the ancient sith at his time, the best of the best. Even someone as powerful as Kreia stated that Marka ragnos was incredibly strong both in the force and physically, and that he had a frightening grasp of the dark side.

We also know that he remained dark lord of the sith and nobody was ever able to usurp his title (this was at a time where civil war and rebellion was common), and he was able to keep his title for centuries (it seems) and only died of natural causes.

His scetor as well is incredible, I don't really need to go into that.

Himo
Originally posted by Adas
I agree.

We know that the ancient sith with their amulets could accomplish and do some pretty incredible things (making stars go nova, creating mass illusions that could become real etc.) - they were described as godly, the best. We also know that Ragnos was described as the top dog of all the ancient sith at his time, the best of the best. Even someone as powerful as Kreia stated that Marka ragnos was incredibly strong both in the force and physically, and that he had a frightening grasp of the dark side.

We also know that he remained dark lord of the sith and nobody was ever able to usurp his title (this was at a time where civil war and rebellion was common), and he was able to keep his title for centuries (it seems) and only died of natural causes.

His scetor as well is incredible, I don't really need to go into that.

They blew up stars with the help of a ship that honed their powers. Still amazing though.

1 century.

Adas
No, centuries.

Himo
Originally posted by Adas
No, centuries.

No, 1.

((The_Anomaly))
These 3 together would beat Raggy, but it wouldn't be easy. Not by a long shot. And Malak always gets killed no matter how you slice it.

Darth Sexy
I highly doubt these 3 would beat Ragnos, much less have a sporting chance.

Escape81
I highly doubt these 3 would beat Ragnos, much less have a sporting chance.

They have a chance.

In a tactical battle, Ragnos doesn't stand a chance - as Revan is leagues above him in that department. If the trio play it smart, I would certainly warrant them a chance. I doubt either of them, individually, measures up to him, but they could use superior tactics and numbers to overwhelm him.

Ragnos won't be beating them easily, due to that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.