Spider-Man 1 and Spider-Man 2 Movie Discussion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Doc Ock
Well, what are your favorite scenes in the first two Spidey movies?? Mine are as follows:

Spider-Man 1

-Peter in the wrestling scene
-Uncle Ben shot
-Norman takes the Goblin formula
-The mirror scene with Norman
-Final fight scene between Spidey and the Goblin

Spider-Man 2

-Ock's demonstration scene
-Ock's hospital massacre
-Bank/Building wall fight between Spidey and Ock
-Ock and Harry make a deal
-Cafe scene where Ock threatens Peter and kidnaps MJ
-Clock tower/Train fight with Spidey and Ock
-Harry unmasks Spider-Man
-Final fight between Spidey and Ock
-MJ learns Peter's secret
-Harry finds the Goblin lair

Dan-El
Originally posted by Doc Ock
Well, what are your favorite scenes in the first two Spidey movies?? Mine are as follows:

Spider-Man 1

-Peter in the wrestling scene
-Uncle Ben shot
-Norman takes the Goblin formula
-The mirror scene with Norman
-Final fight scene between Spidey and the Goblin

Spider-Man 2

-Ock's demonstration scene
-Ock's hospital massacre
-Bank fight between Spidey and Ock
-Ock and Harry make a deal
-Cafe scene where Ock threatens Peter and kidnaps MJ
-Clock tower/Train fight with Spidey and Ock
-Harry unmasks Spider-Man
-Final fight between Spidey and Ock
-MJ learns Peter's secret
-Harry finds the Goblin lair
Same here

H. S. 6
Spider-Man 2:

-Ock and Spidey Train Fight

That was freakin awesome.

systemshock2
Everything already mentioned above.

I also liked the one really quiet scene in Spiderman 1, when Peter and MJ are just talking to each other while they're in their backyards at night. For some reason that scene has really stood out for me, especially when they begin talking about what they'll be doing after high school. The quiet chemistry between them, the acting, and the dialogue just all worked for me here.

spencerspider
um Spiderman 1
Norman taking goblin formula
Uncle Ben's death
Spiderman vs Green Goblin at the big festival
Thanksgiving at Aunt May's
Final Fight

Spiderman 2
Every scene showing Harry's hatred for Spiderman lol
Ock vs Spidey at bank and train
Peter telling May he is responsible for Uncle Ben's death
Harry unmasking Spidey
Final Fight
Harry seeing his dad in the mirror and finding the goblin stuff

Doc Ock
I didn't like the festival scene much.

Goblin's costume looked even more tacky in daylight. It was like watching the Power Rangers. And then there was Macy Gray singing......sad

Silverstein
Sp1:
-Peter climbs wall in the alley scene
-quick scenes w/
+people on NY talking about spiderman
+quick shots of spiderman stopping a convinent store robbery...
-MJ wet shirt scene lol

Sp2:
-scene where spiderman first loses his powers: beautiful cgi
-bank/building fight scene
-Harry finds goblin lair scene

SpyCspider
Sp1:
Uncle Ben shot--> Peter webslinging to chase the burglar down for first time. That scene always gives me the shivers.

Spidey fights Goblin in the end-->that was one BRUTAL fight and it clearly showed nobody was getting the upper-hand for a while.

Sp2:
Beginning--> the whole delivering pizza scene
Spidey in the elevator
Spidey fighting Ock aboard train-->so action-packed it's not even funny

Worst scenes in Sp2:
chocolate girl...wtf??!
any scene with MJ, except the very end when she goes "go get him Tiger" and he swings off

spencerspider
well i have to get past macy gray lol

Silverstein
is there any real point of the chocolate cake girl. lol i remember back when, some dude on this forum posted that he met the chocolate cake girl saying she's a great actress, and then everyone bashed him lol

spencerspider
lol... yep there was a point in her. without her Peter would not have tried to become Spiderman again.. remember she handed him the note from aunt may. and aunt may practically said go be spiderman again..

TheKingofKINGS!
Yeah,everything mentioned above, but I must make a perverted note, that the MJ wet shirt scene was...."nice"

Silverstein
haha, like what 5 mins of watching peter eat a chocolate cake lol. Seems to me it shouldve been a deleted scene. Should've had Peter talking to Matt murdok(however you spell it) talking about Uncle Ben's life insurance or somethineek!

Affleck: "-so you guys cant re finace your home? ill take care of it."
Affleck: "oh, your aunt called, you should go see her"
Parker: "yeah, ill swing...by her house..."

*have jon Favreau turn on the tv; spiderman is on the news; only blurry clips of spiderman (like how there are only blurry big foot photos and clips lol)

(to show the coexisting characters of marvel)cool

and after this scene for sp2, cut to mj wet tshirt scene. Sp3 better top the 1st mj scene haha stick out tongue

spencerspider
lol.. pervs..

IceDragon
My ultimate favorite scenes are whenever it shows him webbing through the city, with music in the background, those scenes are awesome.

Doc Ock
Bump

systemshock2
I also really really liked it when Dafoe returned for his small cameo in Spiderman 2. FINALLY an actor reprises their comic book villain role again, much like McKellen did for X-Men. And even though it was only for a few minutes, what made the scene with a troubled Harry work so beautifully was that Dafoe was involved, which adds so much more credence to it. Props to Dafoe for recognizing this.

I had read that he really wanted to be involved in the second one in a cameo so that his Norman character could have a lasting impression in the franchise. And I'm glad that he'll undoubtedly be involved somehow in the third one as well.

IceDragon
yeah that was cool

Best scene = Spiderman 2 when Peter saves the train and faints and then the people in the train car hold them above their heads (great jesus shot) and place him on the ground (you can see how greatful they are). The guy in the mets hat says "he's just...a kid. No older than my son"

great stuff right there

Doc Ock
The bit where Ock broke up that touching little scene by owning all the train passengers was much more fun for me big grin

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/molinafan/movie/149.jpg

IceDragon
dock ock is lame.

Doc Ock
In your opinion. Which is thankfully a minority one wink

But Hugh Jackman's Wolverine was lame. He wasn't even the little short man that Wolverine is big grin

Ian McKellan and Patrick Stewart are the ones that make the X-Men movies watchable.

The Joker#1
All the fight scenes in Spider-Man 2 were breathtaking. Best action scenes ever in a comic book movie. Bar none.

I liked Norman Osborn's scenes in Spider-Man 1. But I hated the Green Goblin because of the costume. He looked too silly to take seriously.

Doctor Octopus was awesome though. Great villain.

Spider-Man needs more web swinging scenes in these movies. Not nearly enough of them. He looks great when web swinging.

spencerspider
Originally posted by IceDragon
dock ock is lame.

how can u say that... dock ock is one of the "big 3" i mean he aint my fav but i wouldnt call him lame

Doc Ock
Need you ask spence?? This is the guy going around saying gay Joker.

spencerspider
lol yea.. i see

Doc Ock
What was your least favorite scene in each movie??

In SM-1, mine was the Goblin singing itsy bitsy spider. Arghhhhhhh too cheesey. Villains don't sing.

In SM-2, it was chocolate cake girl scene. Boring scene.

spencerspider
spiderman - macy gray's voice lol. gg singing was stupid
spiderman 2 - after the b-day party mj and peter talking.. come on we saw this in spidey 1 lol. and chocolate cake girl was strange too

Sparkz
Ok am i strange for wanting to sing along with the goblin when he was singing?

Mr Parker
Lets see,for MAN-SPIDER ONE
the wrestling scene was my favorite-those were hot looking babes.LOL.
The rain scene when we get to look at Mary Janes bosom.LOL
The mirror scene with Dafoe talking to himself.
The Oscorp Building.Those effects were amazing.
oh and the opening beginning credits.

for MAN-SPIDER TWO.

Bank fight between spidey and ock.
clock tower and train scene with doc and spidey were easily the best parts in the movie.Doc ock was easily the best thing about the movie.
Next,Ocks demonstration scene.
scene of peter throwing his mask on the trash can,true to the spirit of the comic.
and lastly,the scenes of Mary Jane being mad at pete because he was out being spidey.true to the comic and right from the comicbooks.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by IceDragon
dock ock is lame.

The Doc Ock in MAN-SPIDER TWO was lame,thats for sure,they made him into Mr Nice guy at the end,that really sucked,plus he was an arrogant prick before the accident in the comics and not mr nice guy like they made him out to be which also was lame,so no question the doc ock from the movie was lame but the doc ock from the comics is awesome.

Alpha Centauri
That's something I've always wanted in a Marvel movie, the interaction of characters, or at least referencing.

Half the Marvel world lives in New York City, as if they'd not bump into each other.

Originally posted by The Joker#1
All the fight scenes in Spider-Man 2 were breathtaking. Best action scenes ever in a comic book movie. Bar none.

Bit of a claim, in my opinion.

I think the very first night club scene in Blade is very underrated and, though short, I loved Hulk fighting the tanks/choppers.

Spidey Vs Ock on the train was brilliant, I was sitting there thinking "Spider-Man would probably do this..." and he did it. Ock's tentacles looked really lethal, which is something I do believe they improved on from the comics, though I was never a fan of Doc Ock, I liked the idea of Doc Ock, I just never liked the execution. He never felt menacing to me, the movie one did.

Best scenes from 1: The legendary M.J scenes (School dining hall/Alley), Spidey getting used to his powers, "You're not Superman, you know.", anything with Jameson.

Best scenes from 2: Train fight, pizza delivery, anything with Jameson.

-AC

Alpha Centauri
In SM-1, mine was the Goblin singing itsy bitsy spider. Arghhhhhhh too cheesey. Villains don't sing.

Venom singing Strangers in the Night was classic, come on.

-AC

Doc Ock
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Venom singing Strangers in the Night was classic, come on.

-AC

That's ok in the comics, because it's words on a page. Much like most of the character costumes look good in the comics but would be awful on screen. To actually hear the characters sing is something totally different. And Goblin sounded cheesy as hell IMO.

I don't think many people want to see Venom burst into song in SM-3.

Doc Ock
Originally posted by Mr Parker
the doc ock from the comics is awesome.

Yes he is. Only he could make 5 other super powered villains his b1tches and then betray them:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v120/octopus/ockattack3.jpg

Alpha Centauri
That's ok in the comics, because it's words on a page. Much like most of the character costumes look good in the comics but would be awful on screen. To actually hear the characters sing is something totally different. And Goblin sounded cheesy as hell IMO.

I don't think many people want to see Venom burst into song in SM-3.

I think Goblin singing wouldn't have been as cheesey if it wasn't that song, itsy bitsy spider. It was so contrived.

Manic villains, sure. I could see Carnage making fun of someone, Joker or whatever, Goblin has a bit of that for me...but I agree that particular scene was...hmm, didn't like it.

-AC

Doc Ock
I liked the idea of Doc Ock, I just never liked the execution. He never felt menacing to me, the movie one did.

Really??

There was not much of a difference between them in terms of villainous behaviour. Molina nailed all the character traits of the comic character. They just made him slightly more sympathetic in the movie.

And his reactor of doom plot was very on par with comic Ock, who is always coming up with lethal scientific schemes like that. Usually ones that threaten the city or even the world on occasion.

But you're right about the movie tentacles, best version of his tentacles EVER!!!

Doc Ock
I think Goblin singing wouldn't have been as cheesey if it wasn't that song, itsy bitsy spider. It was so contrived.

Manic villains, sure. I could see Carnage making fun of someone, Joker or whatever, Goblin has a bit of that for me...but I agree that particular scene was...hmm, didn't like it.

-AC

I really don't think Norman's Goblin is the singing type. I don't think he even sang in the comics.

Joker and Carnage are definitely the type of villains to do that. They have a whacky brand of craziness like that. Particularly Joker.

Alpha Centauri
Really??

There was not much of a difference between them in terms of villainous behaviour. Molina nailed all the character traits of the comic character. They just made him slightly more sympathetic in the movie.

And his reactor of doom plot was very on par with comic Ock, who is always coming up with lethal scientific schemes like that. Usually ones that threaten the city or even the world on occasion.

But you're right about the movie tentacles, best version of his tentacles EVER!!!

I guess if you've always imagined him as a vicious villain, then it works. I never really liked him, I always thought he was just a guy who fought Spider-Man, but could have been better.

The thing that made him so formidable to me, in the movie, was the vicious metal tentacles. In the comics they look to plastic, and too short. As if you could dodge them or take hits and survive.

-AC

Alpha Centauri
Yes he is. Only he could make 5 other super powered villains his b1tches and then betray them:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v120/octopus/ockattack3.jpg

Dr. Doom does it to everyone on a daily basis, and not just crones.

People like Galactus and The Beyonder. Then again, it's not fair to compare villains to Doom.

-AC

FeceMan
The thing that made him so formidable to me, in the movie, was the vicious metal tentacles. In the comics they look to plastic, and too short. As if you could dodge them or take hits and survive.

-AC
Exactly.

Least favorite scene: the horrendously overused "Lord's prayer" scene with Aunt May and the Green Goblin.

I found the scene where the doctors are trying to remove the tentacles from Octavius incredibly horrifying for some reason.

Doc Ock
I guess if you've always imagined him as a vicious villain, then it works. I never really liked him, I always thought he was just a guy who fought Spider-Man, but could have been better.

Actually, that's exactly how I view Venom. He has little depth, his motives for hating Spider-Man are weak, and basically he was just this guy who was there to fight Spider-Man.

He never had any other motives or agendas. He was just there to fight Spidey. And that get's real boring after a while.

Doc Ock and the Green Goblin were actually written as credible threats. In Ock's case he was written as a threat to Spider-Man and the entire city. So many great stories with him threatening millions of people.

I think my personal favorite one was when he stole a neutron bomb and tried to use it to obliterate New York just to prove that he was the most dangerous man alive.
When Spider-Man and Black Cat foiled the scheme, Ock beat Black Cat to within an inch of her life. He then went to the hospital she was taken to, and told Spider-Man that in 24 hours he would kill him and her for what they did. He wanted Spider-Man to know 24 hours of fear. And he smashed the Cat's life support machine as he left.
Peter spent the next day saying good bye to all his friends and family because he was certain he may not survive his battle with Ock. And their showdown was classic. An entire issue of a full out superhero/ super villain battle that spilled from the hospital, onto the streets, onto the highway, onto a train yard, and finally to a construction site.

He was always written as a vicious villain. Probably why he's still as popular as he is. If you look at it, he's the only A-class villain who's been around consistently since Stan Lee's day. Norman disappeared for over 20 years after ASM#122, Venom didn't come along til the late 80's. But Ock's been there all along retaining his A-class villain status.

I'll agree that movie tentacles are definitely his deadliest and best looking version of his tentacles, but I never saw his comic tentacles as plastic looking.

They were metal. He smashed, crushed and destroyed countless things with him. They never looked weak and easy to dodge IMO. Probably because they were never shown that way.

They certainly looked more threatening than a guy in a purple night cap and elf boots with green spandex.

Doc Ock
Originally posted by FeceMan
Least favorite scene: the horrendously overused "Lord's prayer" scene with Aunt May and the Green Goblin.

Deliver us from eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil

big grin

Love that scene. It was so brutal.

That bit where the nurse scrapes her finger nails along the floor was eek! eek!

spencerspider
Deliver us from eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil

big grin

Love that scene. It was so brutal.

That bit where the nurse scrapes her finger nails along the floor was eek! eek!

Yea, the green goblin saying finish it was so funny

Alpha Centauri
Doc Ock and the Green Goblin were actually written as credible threats. In Ock's case he was written as a threat to Spider-Man and the entire city. So many great stories with him threatening millions of people.

Venom had a personal connection, though. To me, it seemed more like the others came a bit out of nowhere.

I always found it more formidable that Spider-Man had a foe in Venom that was not only like a better version of him, but they were real life foes. Parker/Brock and Spidey/Venom. Doc Ock just always struck me as a generic villain that you'd get fighting a superhero. Scientist goes bad, has weapons, uses them.

I think my personal favorite one was when he stole a neutron bomb and tried to use it to obliterate New York just to prove that he was the most dangerous man alive.

That's the thing, Ock is a general villain. Venom doesn't care about destroying the world, Spidey hasn't go to worry about Venom going to blow up a building, Venom is always after him and those he loves, so he's got to be on his personal guard. He has an enemy that seeks him out, torments him and abuses him, rather than one who will do a dirty deed and get Spidey's attention.

It's entirely down to preference, but I prefer Venom.

When Spider-Man and Black Cat foiled the scheme, Ock beat Black Cat to within an inch of her life. He then went to the hospital she was taken to, and told Spider-Man that in 24 hours he would kill him and her for what they did. He wanted Spider-Man to know 24 hours of fear. And he smashed the Cat's life support machine as he left.

With the exception of actually carrying it out, that again just seems like generic villain activity to me. Anyone could do that, he didn't need to be a super villain. Bin Laden orchestrated 9/11, that's worse than most of Doc Ock's acts.

Venom caused him problems all the time, Venom was like a stalker (and if you've ever had one you'll know how bad it can get).

Peter spent the next day saying good bye to all his friends and family because he was certain he may not survive his battle with Ock. And their showdown was classic. An entire issue of a full out superhero/ super villain battle that spilled from the hospital, onto the streets, onto the highway, onto a train yard, and finally to a construction site.

It was a good fight, they've had a few, but to me that was always because Spidey was so awesome, not necessarily because of Ock or even Venom. It's like wrestling, your ability to have a great match relies on your opponent.

He was always written as a vicious villain. Probably why he's still as popular as he is. If you look at it, he's the only A-class villain who's been around consistently since Stan Lee's day. Norman disappeared for over 20 years after ASM#122, Venom didn't come along til the late 80's. But Ock's been there all along retaining his A-class villain status.

If you're primarily a Spider-Man reader, Ock might carry a bit more weight. Being that I read the likes of Surfer and Hulk, featuring such villains as Thanos and Doom, people who actually enslave/destroy worlds, smashing a life support system doesn't do much for me.

Even Goblin wiped out...Gwen Stacy once.

They were metal. He smashed, crushed and destroyed countless things with him. They never looked weak and easy to dodge IMO. Probably because they were never shown that way.

They certainly looked more threatening than a guy in a purple night cap and elf boots with green spandex.

Well you obviously read Ock differently to me.

-AC

Doc Ock
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri ]Venom had a personal connection, though. To me, it seemed more like the others came a bit out of nowhere.

That's how villains generally are. They come out of nowhere and strike. Green Goblin came out of nowhere, Electro did,Vulture did, Kraven did, Mysterio did, the Hobgoblin did, The Joker did, Mr Freeze did. Catwoman did etc

Most of the great villains do.

They don't have to be personally connected to the hero to be formidable or interesting. How boring it would be if all the villains were personally tied to the hero.

Unless you only prefer villains with a personal connection.

You seem to be forgetting that Doc Ock was created in 1963. When those types of villains were not generic in the comic books. Any mad scientist villain that came after that are more than likely inspired by Ock.

Green Goblin included, as Osborn was a scientist who had a lab accident and turned nuts.

Well there you go then. You prefer a personal villain. A villain who has one goal. I prefer some variety in my villains.

Being a general villain means there's many areas that villain can branch into. Villains like Venom on the other hand are restricted to one type of story. And as I said, that get's boring after a while.

Oh please. Are you going to start comparing comic book villains to real life events??

If you go by that logic, 99% of comic book villain's deeds have been done in real life.

Apart from the ridiculously outrageous acts like conquering or crushing worlds.

But it got boring though. Same stuff over and over. Venom stalks him, they fight. Venom comes back and stalks him again later on.

They added no new variety to the proceedings. So they went and turned him anti hero. And that's when the downfall of the character began and he hasn't recovered since.

Again, that's your own preference. Though one rarely seen. Most fans enjoy the battle for the hero AND villain.

If you compare any of the Spider-Man villains to Thanos and Dr Doom, they pale in comparison.

Doom is Marvel's Joker.

Obviously.

Alpha Centauri
That's how villains generally are. They come out of nowhere and strike.

They don't have to be personally connected to the hero to be formidable or interesting. How boring it would be if all the villains were personally tied to the hero.

Unless you only prefer villains with a personal connection.

I just preferred Venom, Doom and Thanos are my favs.

You seem to be forgetting that Doc Ock was created in 1963. When those types of villains were not generic in the comic books. Any mad scientist villain that came after that are more than likely inspired by Ock.

Well that's fair enough, but is it really something to be massively thankful for? Undoubtedly it gave them interesting avenues vis-a-vis what villains they could create, but it's sort of like being the first boyband, or being the "first" band to do something.

For every great band you spawn, there's a million shit rip offs.

Being a general villain means there's many areas that villain can branch into. Villains like Venom on the other hand are restricted to one type of story. And as I said, that get's boring after a while.

I agree, after a while it did get boring. To me, what Venom did and who Venom was, happened to be much more enjoyable and came across as much more threatening, than Ock.

Oh please. Are you going to start comparing comic book villains to real life events??

If you go by that logic, 99% of comic book villain's deeds have been done in real life.

Apart from the ridiculously outrageous acts like conquering or crushing worlds.

The unrealistic ones, yeah. Which is precisely why I read comics.

If Venom was just running around NYC raping women and stabbing people, I'd think "Why is the symbiote even necessary?". It's the same with simple acts like that. It was necessary in that situation, sure, and Ock has done plenty of damage in comic-like ways, but that sort of occurance never strikes me as a massively villainous thing to do. Although, ironically, it does show that underneath all the powers, it's humans fighting humans, and they still have hatred.

But it got boring though. Same stuff over and over. Venom stalks him, they fight. Venom comes back and stalks him again later on.

That is true. I love Carnage, but I could tell that they'd end up going crazy with the symbiotes. Carnage could have bombed, but he provided much needed variation to the dynamic. The rest just made it was too cliche, Spider-Man moved on and it became Venom/Carnage feuding.

They added no new variety to the proceedings. So they went and turned him anti hero. And that's when the downfall of the character began and he hasn't recovered since.

I agree there also. I wouldn't say he's a BAD character, but he's not a "bad" character anymore. He's called Venom, has a fair amount of power, and he's trying to do the Hulk thing of being neutral, leaning toward good.

Again, that's your own preference. Though one rarely seen. Most fans enjoy the battle for the hero AND villain.

Which is precisely why I enjoyed the Spidey/Venom thing. I just preferred those two.

Then again, as random as he was, I always liked Shocker.

If you compare any of the Spider-Man villains to Thanos and Dr Doom, they pale in comparison.

Doom is Marvel's Joker.

He is the ultimate super-villain I think. Especially since he has no "powers".

-AC

Doc Ock
I just preferred Venom, Doom and Thanos are my favs.

Fair enough.

We all have our favs.

Is Ock a villain to be thankful for?? Hell yes. The rip offs I don't care for. All the great villains have a some kind of rip off. They pale in comparison to the originals.

How many symbiote villains have we had?? How many Goblins has Spidey faced???

None of them compare to the original.

Also, one of my favorite things about Ock is that he's what Marvel call the evil Peter Parker. The Peter Parker gone bad.
They both had sad lonely childhoods. Both grew up in middle class New York. Both were bullied, both were science geeks, both were unpopular with girls, both lost a parent at a young age, both acquired their power in a radioactive lab accident. But Peter chose to use his powers responsibly and for the good of others, while Octavius chose to use his irresponsibly for his own selfish gain.

A wonderful parallel between them. And one that was touched on in several great comics. You might have read them. Spider-Man Unlimited #3 and Doctor Octopus Year One.

I like Venom in his early days. Those were his best stories. Fresh and sharp. And he was actually threatening back then too.

But personally, Doctor Octopus has always been a cut above him for me. He's done some really evil things and tormented Spidey far more than Venom ever has over the years. When Ock strikes, Spidey just doesn't have to worry about himself, but many other innocents too. He's messed and hurt people Peter cares for, and been involved in the deaths of people Peter cared for.

The difference between the comics and real life is that the bad guys of the comics are not facing the authorities as their main opposition. They are facing super powered heros. And to combat those they need super powers themselves.

Not to mention, the villain's power is a major trait of the villain themselves.

I enjoy Carnage yeah. Probably the only good thing to come from Venom in the 90's

I always saw Shocker as a poor man's Electro.

spencerspider
im confused.. lol let me break up the trend here and like not quote something lol

Sparkz
I'd have to agree with Doc Ock here.

Venom started off brilliantly, then became stale, his anti hero thing wasn't to bad and the addition of Carnage was pretty cool to, but in the end it was the same thing over and over, Venom's strength kept changing he got to the point where he was beating up Juggernaught and Spuerman, then some where along the way he lost his charm, the symbiote suddenly took over and he was evil.

Where as Ock has only improved he's done some pretty damn evil things, not to mention cool ones, like where he wiped Spidey's memory and had him join up with him, where he saved his life just so he could kill him in a grand battle, he even went on to try and marry Aunt May just to get an atmoic facility or something and one of my favourites where he kidmapped an ambassedor or someone...anyway and said he'd kill him and start a war if Spider-man didn't take off his mask in front of everybody.

In the end Doc Ock and Spidey became sort of rivals constantly trying to outdo each other, or more of Doc Ock wanting to out do spidey but was always put in his place.

He also had one of the best revival stories out of comic's, the whole "Oh I never realy died" thing is so boring now its untrue, and apparently Venom is getting that treatment. I liked the fact he was actualy ressurected.

Overall both characters are awsome but Doc Ock changed for the better and venom changed for the worst.

bakerboy
Best scenes in man spider 1: title credits, end credits, final fight between man spidey and power ranger.

Worst scenes in man spider 1: everything else.

Best scenes in man spider 2: title credits, end credits, fights between man spidey and doc ock.

Worst scenes in man spider 2: everything else.

Sparkz
Originally posted by bakerboy
Best scenes in man spider 1: title credits, end credits, final fight between man spidey and power ranger.

Best scenes in man spider 2: title credits, end credits, fights between man spidey and doc ock.

Lemme guess, you didn't like the film's.

bakerboy
brillant guess

Sparkz
brillant guess

I should have been a detective smile

Jyppe
IMO Venom had some qualities many characters didn't have (At the time) For instance his wicked sense of justice and his morals. He didn't care about money, he didn't want to harm Peter's family. He just wanted justice (Even though his sense of justice was... Bit off)

He was rather good untill they created Carnage and all the other symbiotes. His and Carnage's rivalry came to be bit boring. Always saying how he's going to kill Cletus and his symbiote.. That never happened.. Boooring.

Doc Ock was a marvelous old school villain, his first years were graet. He felt menacing, though his motives were bit bland at times (At least IMO) He was quite good, but after the events of Stacy he became bit dull and boring character. Modern Doc Ock is a joke. Did someone read their latest fight? "15-year-old!!!!" big grin

spencerspider

guess u just liked the fights.. wow theres more to a movie than non-stop-action

Doc Ock
Originally posted by Jyppe
Modern Doc Ock is a joke. Did someone read their latest fight? "15-year-old!!!!" big grin

Yeah, he was pissed off when he found out Spider-Man was 15 years old when they first met. What villain wouldn't be??

Modern Ock rocks. As opposed to modern Venom who's not even Eddie Brock. He's the Scorpion big grin

Doc Ock
final fight between man spidey and power ranger.

LOL!

It's funny because it's true. He did look like a Power Ranger.

spencerspider
yea lol

Jyppe
Yeah, he was pissed off when he found out Spider-Man was 15 years old when they first met. What villain wouldn't be??

Modern Ock rocks. As opposed to modern Venom who's not even Eddie Brock. He's the Scorpion big grin

Norman didn't, did he? There is no normal Venom sick That.. Scorpio-thing sucks big time. I still hold my ground. IMO Modern Doc Ock is a joke. Ultimate is lot better.

Doc Ock
Originally posted by Jyppe
Norman didn't, did he?

Yes he did, back in 1965 when he first found out in ASM #39.

Venom has sucked big time since the early 90's. The Scorpion/Venom thing is just the latest in a long line of bad Venom related stories.

Fair enough.

But I find your reasons for thinking so silly.

bakerboy
Originally posted by spencerspider
guess u just liked the fights.. wow theres more to a movie than non-stop-action

Yeah. In fact, i love the drama part when its well handled. But in those movies, it was awful handled.

bakerboy
I mean, the major part of the dialogue was crap.

spencerspider
i think you look into it too much, i mean i thought the movies were great, but everyone has their own opinion and im going to respect yours

Mr Parker
I mean, the major part of the dialogue was crap.

yep.especially the first one.David Koepp who wrote the screenplay for the first one should be shot for such a horrid screenplay and such cheesy lines.once they got rid of Koepp from MAN-SPIDER ONE,the dialogue improved and there wasn't near as many cheesy and corny lines in MAN-SPIDER TWO when they got better screenwriters.

spencerspider
true, spiderman 2 didnt have cheesy lines... WE AGREE ON SOMETHING lol

Silverstein
well there is the reoccuring line:

"i have a knack for________"

Doc Ock
Spider-Man 1 had worse cheesy lines than SM-2. Most of them came from the Goblin.

spencerspider
sadly they did..

Silverstein
goblin: "Are you in? or are you out?"

spidey: "You're the one who's out!!! out of your mind!"

goblin: "Wrong answer!"

some preeeeettty amazing writing right there

Ultraman Baltan
"Spider-Man" is the greatest comic film ever. Absolutely beautiful. "Spider-Man 2" was really good, but a step down. My favorite scenes:

SPIDERMAN
-Spiderman testing out his powers
-Peter vs. Flash
-Spiderman vs. Bonesaw
-Spiderman tracking down the burgler(sp?)
-Norman Osborn becomes the Green Goblin
-Norman's payback on the army
-Norman Osborn argues with himself
-Spiderman vs. Green Goblin 1
-Hospital scene
-Bridge scene/Final battle

SPIDERMAN 2
-Anytime Spiderman's swinging
-Spiderman loses his powers for the first time
-"I'm Spiderman no more!"
-Spiderman vs. Dr. Octopus 1/Doc Ock's bank heist
-Harry and Otto's deal
-Spiderman vs. Dr. Octopus 2/Train save
-Norman Osborn returns(best scene in the whole movie)
-"Go get them, Tiger."

The Joker#1
Spider-Man 2 kicked Spider-Man 1's ass. The Green Goblin looked too lame. That was my major problem with Spider-Man 1.

Spider-Man 2 had an awesome looking villain, way better action, and a better story with all the characters more involved in it.

Ultraman Baltan
Norman didn't, did he?

Nope. He was just impressed. Seriously, though. The original Green Goblin is quite possibly the best Marvel villain out there. On a threat scale, he's next to nothing, but if you look at it, Norman is a badass monster of fear and hate. When someone says "All he did was kill Gwen", you already know that they are either a Venom fanboy or know next to nothing about the Spiderverse. Norman is scarier than Venom in many ways. Venom wants to scare you and kill you. He will use family and friends against you by threatening them. Norman, though, will kill them, kill your life, kill any possibility of living a normal life, ruin any type of career you might have, and then, finally, you. What makes him even worse is that he is physically even with Spiderman, possibly greater. I still remember the issue(sorry, no number remembered) where the Green Goblin actually hopped off his Glider(this is after Peter pissing Norman off INCREDIBLY by telling him that Harry's dead because of Norman and how Norman is a pathetic excuse for a human being), beat the living shit out of Peter and flew away, telling Petey to "reconsider" his offer. God, my eyes bugged out of my head with that. blink Norman is that villain that may not be the strongest, but he is million times more effective than any other. He owns almost every New York baddie, knows who Peter is, has money off of the wazoo, has an increased mind set, is physically matched with Spiderman, and is extremely pissed off at Spiderman. Man, I'd hate to be Peter.

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by Silverstein
goblin: "Are you in? or are you out?"

spidey: "You're the one who's out!!! out of your mind!"

goblin: "Wrong answer!"

some preeeeettty amazing writing right there

I like that scene.

Ultraman Baltan
Another part of the first movie I loved was GG's chat with Spiderman. Awesome. The scene before that was just as good.

Doc Ock
I didn't like movie GG much. He was too cheesey. and his costume was terrible. But Dafoe was good as Osborn.

Comic GG is pretty crap too ever since they brought him back in the clone saga.

Sins Past sick

Doc Ock
Originally posted by Ultraman Baltan
The original Green Goblin is quite possibly the best Marvel villain out there.

Well that I certainly do not agree with. Especially after they brought him back to life.

Osborn has become a worn out cliche in the Spider-Man comics. They've even degraded him to messing with Peter's toothpaste lol.

Best Marvel villain?? Not even close. Dr Doom holds that title.

Venom is nothing compared to GG and Doc Ock.

You hear some of the symbiote fans ranting that he's Spidey's greatest villain. Can someone please explain how??

What has he done that GG and Ock haven't already done, and better?? He knows Spidey's identity, yet he's done nothing with it. He hasn't been involved in the deaths of anyone close to Peter.

Seriously, he is one of the most overrated and badly written villains out there. Ever since the early 90's he has stunk to high heaven.

spencerspider
exactly..

Ultraman Baltan
Well that I certainly do not agree with. Especially after they brought him back to life.

Osborn has become a worn out cliche in the Spider-Man comics. They've even degraded him to messing with Peter's toothpaste lol.

Best Marvel villain?? Not even close. Dr Doom holds that title.

Venom is nothing compared to GG and Doc Ock.

You hear some of the symbiote fans ranting that he's Spidey's greatest villain. Can someone please explain how??

What has he done that GG and Ock haven't already done, and better?? He knows Spidey's identity, yet he's done nothing with it. He hasn't been involved in the deaths of anyone close to Peter.

Seriously, he is one of the most overrated and badly written villains out there. Ever since the early 90's he has stunk to high heaven.

Dr. Doom is the most dangerous in Marvel, but I always found him lacking something. Norman is that nemisis that's always there to mess you. Yeah, he's gotten worse since the resurrection, but his 60s counterpart is still there in history, and he rocked out loud. Yeah, Venom is overrated. But, hey, he's still on my top four favorite Spiderman villain list(Green Goblin, Dr. Octopus, Hobgoblin I, and Venom).

Ultraman Baltan
Once, I held a huge tournament on CBR. It is still one of the biggest tournaments ever to hit CBR. EVERYONE voted. At the end, Norman Osborn won. Here was the roster.

1. Green Goblin(Norman)
2. Dr. Octopus
3. Venom
4. Lizard

Doc Ock
Originally posted by Ultraman Baltan
Dr. Doom is the most dangerous in Marvel, but I always found him lacking something.

Well, that's of course your opinion.

But the general consensus is that Doom is like Marvel's Joker.

Well not really. He was missing for over 20 years. But there was a million other Goblin rip offs to take his place wink

Yeah, nobody wrote GG better than good ol' Stan Lee. And of course Gerry Conway in ASM #121-122

spencerspider
r u calling harry a ripoff...

Doc Ock
No, he was his son.

But the other two Green Goblins, and the bunch of Hobgoblins etc are all rip offs.

spencerspider
ok good lol didnt think u were but u know i got to make sure

Ultraman Baltan
Well, that's of course your opinion.

But the general consensus is that Doom is like Marvel's Joker.

Well not really. He was missing for over 20 years. But there was a million other Goblin rip offs to take his place wink

Yeah, nobody wrote GG better than good ol' Stan Lee. And of course Gerry Conway in ASM #121-122

I always found Green Goblin as Marvel's Joker. That's was most of CBR said as well.

Doc Ock
They're obviously a minority then.

GG is nowhere near the level of greatness that Joker is. Or Doom for that matter.

Ultraman Baltan
They're obviously a minority then.

GG is nowhere near the level of greatness that Joker is. Or Doom for that matter.

As Norman said in MK Spiderman, "I don't give a rat's ass."

spencerspider
then u wouldnt be talkin about it

Doc Ock
Indeed.

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by spencerspider
then u wouldnt be talkin about it

Dude, IT WAS AN EXAMPLE. It showed how badass GG was.

Doc Ock
BACK ON TOPIC:

http://img102.exs.cx/img102/7302/butterfingers8on.gif

"Butterfingers"

http://img29.exs.cx/img29/1324/bash3ou.gif

Owtch. Sore head for Spidey there.

Anyone have some SM-1 animations??

spencerspider
love the butterfingers! much better than the goblin's sayings

Green goblin IE
Green goblin rocks baby he can finish off doc ock with his pumpkin bombs and doc ock can barely go more that 20 feet with his mechanical arms green goblin,say about 100-200 feet .i can't wait to see spider man 3. i think hob goblin is no better then green goblin.Green goblin Can even kill doc ock with a skeleton bomb. Green goblin rocks. Dock ock sucks.

doctorstrongbad
I think they are both great villains and its hard to choose one over the other. Now when they team up things start to get interesting.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.