Greatest Quotes Of The 20th Century

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

knight
Try to think of some one either well known or obscure... it could be part of a line in a song , movie , T.V. show somethng that was said.

It just has to be pre 2000...

Bloigen
http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10899/col.jpg

The greatest quote ever.

Vinny Valentine

Council#13
I have made good judgements in the past. I have made good judgements in the future.
-Dan Quayle

HellMaster93

~Da Rev~
"Dogs are colorblind, therefore, they cannot play twister"

My own quote.

HellMaster93
smile I see vinny's been quick to change that to the message under his sig...

RogerRamjet
"Niemand hat vor eine Mauer zu bauen" - 'No one intends to build a wall'
(Walter Ulbricht - Prime Minister of the GDR)

Alpha Centauri
"There are only negative drug stories on the news, you know? 'Yesterday a man on acid thought he could fly and jumped off a building, what a tragedy.' What a dick! If he thought he could fly why didn't he take off from the ground first? He's a moron, he's dead, good. I just felt the world get lighter."

The ever-better than most, Bill Hicks.

-AC

Impediment
"If you love someone, set them free. If they come home, set them on fire." -George Carlin

Impediment
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
"There are only negative drug stories on the news, you know? 'Yesterday a man on acid thought he could fly and jumped off a building, what a tragedy.' What a dick! If he thought he could fly why didn't he take off from the ground first? He's a moron, he's dead, good. I just felt the world get lighter."

The ever-better than most, Bill Hicks.

-AC

"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, that there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather.............." -Bill Hicks

-Tired Hiker-
You know, there's like a butt-load of gangs at this school. This one gang kept wanting me to join because I'm pretty good with a bo staff.

-Napoleon Dynamite

knight
"I hit my leg to see if a bruise would come up and it did
my mother was shocked, quite rightly.

It was just an experiment really, kids experiment with these things
nothing as drastic as putting oranges in your mouth and hanging yourself up with garters.

But I think it put the shudders of doubt through her mind
of wether or not I was really here." - Ray Davies

Bloigen
Originally posted by -Tired Hiker-
You know, there's like a butt-load of gangs at this school. This one gang kept wanting me to join because I'm pretty good with a bo staff.

-Napoleon Dynamite

GOSH! That quotes sweet.

knight
"Don't eat anything that comes in a bucket".

- Billy Connolly

Roulette
Originally posted by Bloigen
GOSH! That quotes sweet.

laughing out loud I love that movie so much.

FG725
"Women can't live with them.........the end"

Council#13
"I was recently on a tour of Latin America, and the only regret I have
was that I didn't study Latin harder in school so I could converse with
those people."

-- J. Danforth Quayle

Flamboyant4Life
I saw this quote when flipping through my yearbook. I think it was by Jay-Z.

"Difficult takes a day. But impossible takes a week."

a1hsauce
"They Misunderestimated me" Bush

Skeets
"Touch the waist today,touch the world tomorrow"

-leonardo da vinci

Impediment
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Ben Franklin

knight
..."I'll speak to you, later Billy"...

-Sean Connery

R.F.
Any wisdom one gets from bunnies is probably not that hot. For your own safety, do not take the advise of bunnies.

The world does not revolve around me. It's the whole stupid universe that revolves around me.

There's no "I" in team, but there is a "me".

Love makes the world go 'round. But I'm pretty sure money has something to do with it too.

Work hard and the world is your oyster. Yup, you get a big, snotty, oyster-scented world.

You can help anyone turn a frown upside-down. Just pull off their head and flip it over.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Unless, of course, they did unto you first, and now you have to totally open a can of "unto" on them.

Laughter is the best medicine. So if you meet someone with broken ribs, make sure to tickle them.

We must never, ever be mean to stupid people. If we are, they might go away. Then who will we laugh at?

Learn the difference between right and wrong. You'll probably choose wrong, but you should at least know which is which.

When life gives you lemons...use them to squirt lemon juice into the eyes of your enemies.

I was sad because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet. And I said, "Hey, Footless dude, guess you won't mind if I take your shoes."

Every cloud has a silver lining. For example, the most horrible farts can be used to inflate the most beautiful balloons.

Anybody who says you only have yourself to blame is not very good at blaming other people.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you CAN have your cake and eat someone else's cake too, and that's kind of better anyway.

Never be ashamed of your mood swings. I mean, who doesn't love swings?

The voices in your head are not real. But they still have some really great ideas.

You can choose your friends, but you can't choose your family. But you CAN choose the insane asylum where you have them all put away.

Hope is the denial of reality.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.