the howling series

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myers Kicks Ass
I watched the 1st one recently and really enjoyed it but im hesitating to watch the sequels, are any of them worth watching?

NormaBates
not really, the only one you could see is the Second, but only for a 'See to believe' experience.

Myers Kicks Ass
Is the 2nd one not in the bottom 100 on imdb?

Wolfie
I love the first. It's my favorite werewolf movie.

I tried watching the second one once but it bored me way too much. I couldn't get through the whole thing.

As for the rest, I can only assume they're just as bad.

Myers Kicks Ass
The only one they had in my videp store was the 4th one, it was a remake of the first boy did it suck

Comicbook_kid
The Howling series is one of those horror series they could've stopped after the first one, and I don't think anybody would've mind if they knew the sequels would've been sooooooooooo bad....I have seen all seven films in the series, and let me tell ya, if you've seen the first one, you've already seen the one and only one you should see.....

Personally, I thought Howling VI : The Freaks was pretty decent though...the effects weren't the greatest, but overall I thought the storyline was cool and enjoyable. It features a young man who is a werewolf that is captured by a traveling circus sideshow and put on display by the sideshow's owner...who is actually a vampire!!! They end up fighting in the end.....pretty cool.

I hated part II...the only cool thing about seeing part II is seeing Sybil's Danning's beautiful melons in the end credits if you get the unedited version....THAT'S IT. Not even the legendary Christopher Lee could save this piece of $h!t of a movie.

Part III is god-awful......one of the worst werewolf movies ever made....for the love of God, pass on this one.

Part IV is boring as hell up till the end...the last five minutes is the only part worth watching...it's also the only time you get to see the actual werewolf....just try to keep awake till the end.

Part V isn't too bad either...story wise it's actually pretty suspensful. But don't expect any special effects or any gore. In fact, you never really get to see an actual werewolf in it, but it does keep you guessing which member of the group is the werewolf and who's doing all the killing....all in all, not bad. Not great, but not bad.

Part VII : New Moon Rising - AVOID THIS PIECE OF DOG-$H!T OF A MOVIE LIKE THE F***IN' PLAGUE!!! Quite possibly, the worst horror movie EVER MADE!!!!! AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!!!!!!!

So, to summerize, definately see part 1, and parts 5 and 6 are pretty decent. Avoid parts 2, 3, 4, and 7 because they totally suck @$$.

Myers Kicks Ass
i saw howling vi last night it wasnt so bad

zizack
I actually like Howling V a lot. The special effects are very minimal as they almost never show the Werewolf but there is some suspense and atmoshpere to get in to.

Fianchettoer
I was thoroughly disappointed with the Howling overall, though if I recall correctly part II where they're stuck in teh castle is worth viewing. If you want a real good werewolf movie, check out Silver Bullet.

Wolfie
Nah, Silver Bullet isn't worth much. Read the book, it's much better. It's a quick read too, like 80 pages.

Deano
the first howling movie is the only one worth watchin.

other ones i reccomend:

dog soldiers
american werewolf in london
the wolfman
wolfen
ginger snaps

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.