Namor vs. Siderman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JOE NUNEZ
SPIDERMAN VS. NAMOR

New York City, Namors fully hydrated... Who wins..

Metalmanx
Namor 8-9/10. Easily.

And DarkCrawler, don't have a heart attack. I give Spidey the benefit of the doubt because he's used his superior intelligence to outsmart Namor before. But of course, Namor wins the vast majority.

JOE NUNEZ
what about the webbing factor?

Metalmanx
Originally posted by JOE NUNEZ
what about the webbing factor?

Namor's easily strong enough to break free.

golem370
Not If he drops that one kind or webbing though. Firing a thicker "rope" of webbing, Spider-Man can bind captured criminals (even those with superhuman strength) to be later picked up by police officers . Even he is not strong enough to tear his webs or Covering a small area with an extremely sticky blob. Spider-Man can cover an opponent's eyes, blindfolding them , or smother a handgun or a small bomb . On one occasion, he told a criminal whose weapon and hand had been so covered: "I should warn you about the tensile strength of my webbing, but considering your likely IQ, let's just say that if you fire that gun again, the backfire will take your hand off. Comprende?"

golem370
or The synthetic webbing dissolves into a harmless gas after about one hour. Spider-Man can modify his webbing when anticipating combat with a specific threat. These modifications include non-conductive webbing (typically for battling Electro), flame-retardant webbing (against the Human Torch or out-of-control fires) and even acid webbing that can eat through the Rhino's tough hide

JOE NUNEZ
Who's smarter?

golem370
Spider-Man

Sparkz
Originally posted by golem370
Not If he drops that one kind or webbing though. Firing a thicker "rope" of webbing, Spider-Man can bind captured criminals (even those with superhuman strength) to be later picked up by police officers . Even he is not strong enough to tear his webs or Covering a small area with an extremely sticky blob. Spider-Man can cover an opponent's eyes, blindfolding them , or smother a handgun or a small bomb . On one occasion, he told a criminal whose weapon and hand had been so covered: "I should warn you about the tensile strength of my webbing, but considering your likely IQ, let's just say that if you fire that gun again, the backfire will take your hand off. Comprende?"

Its true he can spin a web thick enough to hold Namor...but it needs some time to be spun then it needs time to harden, so Namor would have to be standing still for 5 or 10 seconds for that to actuly work, besides we don't know if spidey can do that with his organics now, and seing as he dosn't have prep he wont be taking his webshooters with him.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Namor 8-9/10. Easily.

And DarkCrawler, don't have a heart attack. I give Spidey the benefit of the doubt because he's used his superior intelligence to outsmart Namor before. But of course, Namor wins the vast majority. I really would not say that his intelligence is superior. In science and stuff like that, yeah, but Namor is Supreme Commander of entire army, he is extremely capable strategist. Usually when Namor acts like some crazy guy who shouts Imperious Rex and flies straight into a wall, it's because of his mental condition that causes madness:
http://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?image=namorbloodimbalancewn3.gif

Not to say that Spidey is not good in strategies, he is one of the best, but Namor has been leading Atlantis and fighting things for almost a century. He is very smart, even Iron Man was surprised by his instinctive intelligence.

I agree with the 9/10 thing.

Tha C-Master
Namor. Easily.

golem370
True I think this would be a good prep device since Sub's has strength flying ability stamina durability and just as fast as Spider-Man. Also is this regular Spider-Man or Tony Stark Man?

Metalmanx
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
I really would not say that his intelligence is superior. In science and stuff like that, yeah, but Namor is Supreme Commander of entire army, he is extremely capable strategist. Usually when Namor acts like some crazy guy who shouts Imperious Rex and flies straight into a wall, it's because of his mental condition that causes madness:
http://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?image=namorbloodimbalancewn3.gif

Not to say that Spidey is not good in strategies, he is one of the best, but Namor has been leading Atlantis and fighting things for almost a century. He is very smart, even Iron Man was surprised by his instinctive intelligence.

I agree with the 9/10 thing.

Again, don't get me wrong. You know I understand Namor (thanks to you, of course) very well and don't underestimate him.

But Spidey is far superior at thinking on his feet and being much more resourceful, you really can't argue this.

Namor is a strategist, Spidey is more like a super-computer thinking and adjusting on the fly.

Namor 8-9/10.

Sparkz
Again, don't get me wrong. You know I understand Namor (thanks to you, of course) very well and don't underestimate him.

But Spidey is far superior at thinking on his feet and being much more resourceful, you really can't argue this.

Namor is a strategist, Spidey is more like a super-computer thinking and adjusting on the fly.

Namor 8-9/10.

Thats true...but I still feel bad for Spidey btw where is the location? and how long does it take for Namor to dehydrate, if its away from water and dosn't take realy long for him to dehydrate Spider-man might be able to pull up to 2 wins by just keeping Namor busy and waiting for him to weaken due to lack of water. Or is he in that black suit which keeps him hydrated all the time?

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Sparkz
Thats true...but I still feel bad for Spidey btw where is the location? and how long does it take for Namor to dehydrate, if its away from water and dosn't take realy long for him to dehydrate Spider-man might be able to pull up to 2 wins by just keeping Namor busy and waiting for him to weaken due to lack of water. Or is he in that black suit which keeps him hydrated all the time?

It would probably take him several hours to really start dehydrating badly.

Sparkz
It would probably take him several hours to really start dehydrating badly.

Oh well Spidey isn't going to last that long I suppose then. Although he has fought over long periods of time before (Morlun) but against a powerhouse like namor thats to long.

Metalmanx
Oh well Spidey isn't going to last that long I suppose then. Although he has fought over long periods of time before (Morlun) but against a powerhouse like namor thats to long.

Yea. If Morlun had REALLY wanted to, he could've killed Spidey in the first few hits. He was toying with him the whole time, and still killing him.

And yet, Spidey eventually kicked his ass. Shows a lot of determination and whatnot on Spidey's part.

Sparkz
Yea. If Morlun had REALLY wanted to, he could've killed Spidey in the first few hits. He was toying with him the whole time, and still killing him.

And yet, Spidey eventually kicked his ass. Shows a lot of determination and whatnot on Spidey's part.

Just shows what happens when you give Spidey a chance, heh if Morlun hadnt gone for that cup of coffee after "killing" ezeikle he would have killed Spidey. Just shows you Coffee is evil.

DarkCrawler
Thats true...but I still feel bad for Spidey btw where is the location? and how long does it take for Namor to dehydrate, if its away from water and dosn't take realy long for him to dehydrate Spider-man might be able to pull up to 2 wins by just keeping Namor busy and waiting for him to weaken due to lack of water. Or is he in that black suit which keeps him hydrated all the time? He's been three days in a thing that dehydrated him all the time and was still able to kick some ass.

Sparkz
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
He's been three days in a thing that dehydrated him all the time and was still able to kick some ass. I feel Spidey's pain...

golem370
They say that Spider-Man may have the same kind of radiation that the Hulk has where he can grow in strength the madder he gets that might explain his fights with a clearly stronger BT Morlun Savage Hulk and Firelord. I believe there have been debate wether or not Spider-Man had then symbiote at the time when he fought Firelord but the last book in that sersi when he finally beat Firelord he had got muscle bound

B dot Rob
If this is Spidey in his armor I think Spidey would take it 6/10

Sparkz
They say that Spider-Man may have the same kind of radiation that the Hulk has where he can grow in strength the madder he gets that might explain his fights with a clearly stronger BT Morlun Savage Hulk and Firelord. I believe there have been debate wether or not Spider-Man had then symbiote at the time when he fought Firelord but the last book in that sersi when he finally beat Firelord he had got muscle bound

Nah he just gets stronger because of adrenalin, but if he was truly limitless strength he would stomp alot more people then he does.

Sparkz
Originally posted by B dot Rob
If this is Spidey in his armor I think Spidey would take it 6/10

How so?

Metalmanx

Spidey did NOT have the symbiote against Firelord. Just his black costume. He kicked his ass the old-fashioned way.

And that is true, Spidey's strength can increase and has done so over several occasions if he gets extremely angry or when he MUST perform a feat (such as lifting a support beam for the Daily Bugle and keeping the building from collapsing, or one of his many other abnormal strength feats).

B dot Rob
How so?

The added properties of the armor, like invisibility give him an edge. And doesn't the armor enhance his strength and already pretty good durability that has allowed him to take shots from an enraged Hulk.

Metalmanx
The added properties of the armor, like invisibility give him an edge. And doesn't the armor enhance his strength and already pretty good durability that has allowed him to take shots from an enraged Hulk.

You're right about everything except for the strength category. The suit doesn't amplify his strength, but he was recently given a physical upgrade anyway thanks to "The Other" storyline.

Not enough to be a factor against Namor, I'm afraid.

Namor wins 8-9/10.

Sparkz

The only advantage it gives him is being bullet proof and stealth isnt gonna do anything to Namor, he still looses badly even with the suit.

Sparkz
Spidey did NOT have the symbiote against Firelord. Just his black costume. He kicked his ass the old-fashioned way.

And that is true, Spidey's strength can increase and has done so over several occasions if he gets extremely angry or when he MUST perform a feat (such as lifting a support beam for the Daily Bugle and keeping the building from collapsing, or one of his many other abnormal strength feats).

Yeah but isnt that due to adrenalin boosts his strength but it dosent give him hulk like strength where the madder he is the stronger he gets, it just max's his strength out.

DarkCrawler
The added properties of the armor, like invisibility give him an edge. And doesn't the armor enhance his strength and already pretty good durability that has allowed him to take shots from an enraged Hulk. Namor has a radar sense and superhuman senses. Invisibility is not going to help.
http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/7346/namorfeat475ib.gif
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/4955/superhumansenses2uj.gif

Metalmanx
Yeah but isnt that due to adrenalin boosts his strength but it dosent give him hulk like strength where the madder he is the stronger he gets, it just max's his strength out.

Yea. That's what I meant. He won't get exponentially stronger, but he'll definitely surpass his predetermined limits given the proper incentive.

H. S. 6
Only way Spidey could pull a win is if he used his brain, and cooked up something to use against Namor.

Namor 8-9/10.

Sparkz
Yea. That's what I meant. He won't get exponentially stronger, but he'll definitely surpass his predetermined limits given the proper incentive.

Yeah he probbaly maxes out around 20-25 tons when he is realy realy mad. And what was the point of giving him the new suit anyway? other than the stealth and being bullet proof it realy dosen't offer anything, He still wins and looses all the same fights so it realy ends up being a non factor lol.

Metalmanx
Yeah he probbaly maxes out around 20-25 tons when he is realy realy mad. And what was the point of giving him the new suit anyway? other than the stealth and being bullet proof it realy dosen't offer anything, He still wins and looses all the same fights so it realy ends up being a non factor lol.

Yea. In the comic, it's come to be pretty useful in certain situations. But in the vs. matches, it's rarely a factor. Except, I suppose, if you factor in the three new pincer-arm-things. Those could come in handy against most opponents.

Sparkz
Yea. In the comic, it's come to be pretty useful in certain situations. But in the vs. matches, it's rarely a factor. Except, I suppose, if you factor in the three new pincer-arm-things. Those could come in handy against most opponents.

yeah handy but again not a factor lol it always makes me laugh when I see people put, well if he has the Iron suit he wins more than not, because it dosent make any differnce, now if it did amplify his strength or something that would be different.

willRules
Namor 8/10 If I'm being generous to Peter and I say his pre-cog and intelligence may pull off one or two wins at best yes

Wow I'm a Spidey fanboy and I just said that. Now I know how an alcoholic feels to attend an AA meeting...........

Metalmanx
Originally posted by willRules
Namor 8/10 If I'm being generous to Peter and I say his pre-cog and intelligence may pull off one or two wins at best yes

Wow I'm a Spidey fanboy and I just said that. Now I know how an alcoholic feels to attend an AA meeting...........

Nothing wrong when admitting when you're beaten. I feel the same way. wink

golem370
But then how do Spider-Man get buffed out in the last battle he look like AAAAAAAAAAAArnold

Jyppe
How many times do you guys think Namor will be hitting him? (Pure question) If his sense is actually precog (At times it has been portrayed just a danger sensitive radar, not precog one. Ie, when Lizard jumped at him, he stated Lizard was too fast for him to react )

According to his feats (and by some guy's explanation) I doubt anything would really hit him.... Buuut, he has been hit before..

Krhm, back to the fight. Well, couldn't Spider-man just wear him out? I mean, naturally it takes some time for his to get dehydrated, but what about if he's constantly under barrage of punches and kicks. Wouldn't he wear out lot earlier?

Sparkz
Originally posted by Jyppe
How many times do you guys think Namor will be hitting him? (Pure question) If his sense is actually precog (At times it has been portrayed just a danger sensitive radar, not precog one. Ie, when Lizard jumped at him, he stated Lizard was too fast for him to react )

According to his feats (and by some guy's explanation) I doubt anything would really hit him.... Buuut, he has been hit before..

Krhm, back to the fight. Well, couldn't Spider-man just wear him out? I mean, naturally it takes some time for his to get dehydrated, but what about if he's constantly under barrage of punches and kicks. Wouldn't he wear out lot earlier?

Not with Spider-man's level of strength no, Namor could just sit there and not feel it.

And your right nothing should hit Spider-man but things do otherwise it would be a boring story just look at the Flash should he be hit, no does he get hit, yes. And characters with superior speed to Spider-man can still land a hit on him because even if he has had a chance to dodge they can still get to him intime, and Lizard is faster than Spidey.

JOE NUNEZ

Krhm, back to the fight. Well, couldn't Spider-man just wear him out? I mean, naturally it takes some time for his to get dehydrated, but what about if he's constantly under barrage of punches and kicks. Wouldn't he wear out lot earlier? tabletalk

Jyppe
Spider-man has max strength of 25 tons. Imagine 50 25 ton hits in a short while.. That would make anyone have a headache. This is would Happen if Spider-man would hit Namor. As it's not easy to dodge and attack at the same time. At least not constantly.

Sparkz
Spider-man has max strength of 25 tons. Imagine 50 25 ton hits in a short while.. That would make anyone have a headache. This is would Happen if Spider-man would hit Namor. As it's not easy to dodge and attack at the same time. At least not constantly.

He only hits that hard when he is pissed, he'd be punching at 15 tons under normal circumstances, and Namor can take both anyway, look at when Venom was first introduced and was 1 ton stronger than Spidey he was never effected by Spideys hits, and namor is far stronger and more durable.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.