Offline Member Pics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
Are these offline indefinitely or just temporary? I usually browse around in there, because it's a headache to look for member pics in the actual threads. Just wondering.

Barker
Originally posted by Storm
It has been disabled since the 11th as it was locking the forums when someone browsed it.

Raz
Gone for the forseeable future.

The main reason being that we didn't expect that thread to be so popular. Hence the stress it placed on the servers and its affect to other users.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Perhaps each user or even KMC should create a Piczo website? I think I shall for my photos, its easy and it's free

www.piczo.com

Syren
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
Perhaps each user or even KMC should create a Piczo website? I think I shall for my photos, its easy and it's free

www.piczo.com

I've just tried to use this and it's difficult... do you have any tips for me? I recently created a bandzoogle site and I've made quite a lot of profile sites for personal use and for a music group I promote, so in my opinion Piczo isn't a great site to use.

Grand_Moff_Gav
If you are only wanting to upload pics, like myself, you only need to uplod them and place them, like I did on my site, www.gmgpicz.piczo.com

However, I have seem some people do alot with Piczo, but if you want to make a good site i would suggest freewebs, tripod or something along those lines,

Syren
Ah, I see... well, I generally use photobucket for image hosting. I've had a thing for 'free websites' recently though, so I got all excited when you said about Piczo, then disappointed that it's so difficult (for me) to navigate and get to grips with (although it could be laziness on my part). Never mind big grin

Grand_Moff_Gav
Weird, I always felt it was the easiest to use...awell

Syren
It might be, I maybe didn't give it enough of a chance... do you have any step by step tips?

Grand_Moff_Gav
Well, what are you trying to create? A photoalbum or a proper website, because to have a good looking webby with piczo I think that you have to use alot of external sources, but, as a photoalbum,its a simple matter of uploading your pictures...what are you trying to do?

Syren
Well, I initially uploaded 6 pics and then tried to create kind of a site with navigational links, but I couldn't move the pics around the page, or add text correctly. It just seems really basic for a website and yet at the same time it's quite difficult to achieve anything half decent.

Grand_Moff_Gav
It's very basic, but I don't understand why the pictures wouldn't move for you, weird...but it is very much just a case of uploading then displaying them...maybe there is something easier you could try? But that is meant for people like Mist I think...laughing out loud

Syren
It's frustrating because I'm more than capable of creating a decent site... I've made loads of personal ones and also a few for the drum n bass group that I promote. I suppose it's just one of those sites that isn't suitable for my needs. I could try again but I'd probably just piss myself off. I hate not being able to do something, especially something that's supposed to be easy.

Grand_Moff_Gav
laughing out loud There are probabally alot better sitemakers out there to meet your needs...

Syren
I'm grumpy now. You think I'm some kind of idiot... I'm gonna hang up my web design gloves and go drown my sorrows stick out tongue

Grand_Moff_Gav
I don't think your an idiot atall....might I join you.....

Syren
Sure... *hangs up gloves* stick out tongue

Grand_Moff_Gav
...Yes I agre...we really should go to the OTF.......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.