Firelord vs. Ironman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JOE NUNEZ
who wins?

batdude123
Firelord

Psyquis52
Put my vote in for Firelord

Validus
Is it Extremis Iron Man?!?

Skeets
Originally posted by Validus
Is it Extremis Iron Man?!?
Does it matter?Firelord dawgs him lite.

Psyquis52
Originally posted by Skeets
Does it matter?Firelord dawgs him lite. Co-sign

Validus
Does it matter?Firelord dawgs him lite.
Well Extremis Iron Man would speedblitz him at Mach 3 and melt him with heat at 10,000 degrees kelvin.

Richv1
Firelord melted ya right. Firelord would melt Irom Man to molten liquid.

Psyquis52
Well Extremis Iron Man would speedblitz him at Mach 3 and melt him with heat at 10,000 degrees kelvin. Heat?

Have you thought that through yet?

MJOILNIR
Any firelord except the one in that *sigh* spider man comic should win easily. My god that was one of the worst comics Ive ever read....

Validus
Originally posted by Psyquis52
Heat?

Have you thought that through yet?
weep

Skeets
Well Extremis Iron Man would speedblitz him at Mach 3 and melt him with heat at 10,000 degrees kelvin.
Mach 3 is pretty Fast...erm
Shit Firelord gets beat then.
Are you certain Ironman can go that fast?

Avalonofthewind
Tony beats firelord 10/10 without his armor.

Validus
Mach 3 is pretty Fast...erm
Shit Firelord gets beat then.
Are you certain Ironman can go that fast?
He was going Mach 3 when he defeated the all powerful Graviton.

Skeets
He was going Mach 3 when he defeated the all powerful Graviton.
So Tony was busting those crazy stupid moves?

batdude123
Validus, are you going to ALWAYS go for the losers on threads now? What the f**k?

Psyquis52
Originally posted by batdude123
Validus, are you going to ALWAYS go for the losers on threads now? What the f**k? laughing

Validus
So Tony was busting those crazy stupid moves?
Indeed he was. If EXTREMIS Iron Man can speedblitz the master of gravity, Firelord is in trouble. yes

MJOILNIR
Validus, are you going to ALWAYS go for the losers on threads now? What the f**k?
Dosnt he always stick up for Batman shifty

Skeets
Didn't I say to wipe your nose?

Validus
Hey, I'm not the one saying Batman with the mother box can take down Abraxas.

rotiart
In a recent comic, Ironman was stated as going Mach 8.7. Which is yep. pretty damn fast. Iron Man took off from right next to Sentry, Next Panel sentry says man iron man moves fast. within 2 panels from that, sentry had knocked ironman out... i mean, iron man's fast.. but sentry's the go to guy...

btw. firelord is herald class... he SHOULDN'T lose to iron man. but stuff like that has happened before. herald class fighting earthbound characters for some odd reason. ironman should lose. but i can't say he would. not with the.. i summon all my other suits... card iron man recently used against the super adaptoid.

My vote is firelord should win. but it won't be easy given ironman's track record. firelord takes 6-7 out of take. but it is definitely not a cake walk..
and if ironman gets to summon his other suits.. iron man takes it 6-7 out of 10. sheer numbers.. and decent firepower in each. :/

batdude123
Hey, I'm not the one saying Batman with the mother box can take down Abraxas.

But I am!!!!!! Happy Dance

No, but seriously... Batman would lose. I was unsure of the complete power of the motherbox.

Anyway... what's the dealio? pirate

Darth Vegas
Iron Man has fought Silver Surfer to a stalemate, so I think that he should be able to hang with FL for awhile.

Ultimately, FL takes it.

Validus
Originally posted by Darth Vegas
Iron Man has fought Silver Surfer to a stalemate, so I think that he should be able to hang with FL for awhile.

Ultimately, FL takes it.
That was before he got the EXTREMIS armor. He definitely would take Surfer now.

Soleran
That was before he got the EXTREMIS armor. He definitely would take Surfer now.

Validus, your words are filled with wisdom and truth. Iron Man more then likely takes the wins here folks, Extremis is just all that.

JOE NUNEZ
Ironman gets his Firlord buster suit..

Darth Vegas
I didn't take Extremis into account.

With Extremis, I think the victor is obvious.

rotiart
For Iron Man to beat Firelord. You must also assume that Iron Man could beat Thor. A herald level character... You are also putting Extremis Iron Man on Herald level.

The collective fubared Iron Man. Sentry went toe to toe.

Firelord uses his power cosmic to matter manipulative all the metal on iron man into putty.

See thats what would really happen. Surfer with CIS loses. Firelord with CIS or PIS loses. Their true power would kill ironman.

Validus
Too bad Firelord doesn't have matter manipulation.

He wins but not by that method.

rotiart
He has the power cosmic. The power cosmic by definitey gives matter manipulation.

Validus
Originally posted by rotiart
He has the power cosmic. The power cosmic by definitey gives matter manipulation.
No it doesn't. The power cosmic gives certain abilties depending on what Galactus chooses. Galactus gave FIRElord the ability to control fire. Notice he's never shown matter manipulation?

rotiart
When surfer first showed up he never used matter manipulation either.

Thanos never showed healing powers or reality alteration until recently either.

why is that I wonder. Cause they are hardly used characters?

Let us ponder that one.

Validus
Originally posted by rotiart
When surfer first showed up he never used matter manipulation either.

Thanos never showed healing powers or reality alteration until recently either.

why is that I wonder. Cause they are hardly used characters?

Let us ponder that one.
Well the general rule of thumb is that if a character has never exhibited such a power they don't have it. Otherwise I could argue Cyclops could manipulate matter.

However, the fact is not all heralds have the same power.

golem370
One Firelord destroys the Planet and Iron Man on it. Two he melts Iron Man is make him a chest plate. http://www.immortalthor.net/bio-firelord.html

Tron

You're not funny... laughing out loud

K3VIL
Intelligence: Above Normal (5/10)
Strength: Superhuman Class 50 (8/12)
Flight Speed: Warp Speed (12/12)
Stamina: Godlike (9/10)
Durability: Godlike (13/14)
Agility: Enhanced Human (5/7)
Reflexes: Enhanced Human (5/7)
Fighting Skills: Xandarian Nova Corps combat training
Special Skills/Abilities: Knowledge of advanced alien technology and space navigation
Superhuman physical powers: The ability to manipulate cosmic energy in the form of stellar fire, making him the humanoid equivalent of a miniature sun, and allowing him to project any form of energy possessed by a star, including heat, light, gravity, radio waves and charged particles; the ability to fly at near light speeds through interstellar space and traverse hyperspace; and near total physical invulnerability

Now, not forgetting he can charge up his Class 50 strength via Power Cosmic like all the heralds, IM can't do shit to FL.
During the Infinity Crusade, Pyreus Kril fought SS to a stalemate and forced Surfer to use more power than he tought should be needed for the battle.
Surfer understimated Firelord's power and strength, and was even speedblitzed while flying in space.
IM is an ant compared to FL.
And before Spider-Man's fanboys who jerk them off on the comic come in saying:
Spidey beat him!Spidey pwns him!
That comic is one of the greatest piece of crap in comic books history.

nimbus006
No it doesn't. The power cosmic gives certain abilties depending on what Galactus chooses. Galactus gave FIRElord the ability to control fire. Notice he's never shown matter manipulation?

Wrong Galactus gave Firelord the power cosmic and Firelord wanted to use fire as his energy of choice. He can in fact manipulate many forms of energy.

And people IM EXTREMIS or not, will not and cannot stalmate Silver Surfer, nor can he win against Firelord. Granted IM is extremely formidable and will put up a great fight, but Firelord is just to powerful.

And Firelord by the way can move at near light speeds, so forget speed blitzing.

Scoobless
Originally posted by MJOILNIR
Any firelord except the one in that *sigh* spider man comic should win easily. My god that was one of the worst comics Ive ever read....

Go read it again... it was perfectly logical (as in "comic logic"wink

UniOmni
Damn i hope they give some of the other heralds some shine in the main Annihilation mini.
Firelord needs to be able to beat some of the top tiers.
His new look is just so cool.

Though the fact that Giffen sees him as a flaming Guy Gardener tells me that he didn't read anything with Firelord in it before, and Marvel really isn't making its writers do any kind of backstory research. Shitty is Quesada.

Validus
Originally posted by nimbus006
Wrong Galactus gave Firelord the power cosmic and Firelord wanted to use fire as his energy of choice. He can in fact manipulate many forms of energy.

This is why everyone says heralds are overrated.

Prove me that Firelord can manipulate matter on any scale.

Darth Martin
Umm, FL is a herald.

UniOmni
This is why everyone says heralds are overrated.

Prove me that Firelord can manipulate matter on any scale.

He hasn't. But the potential is there. Different heralds apply the pc differently. Surfer is going to be the most versatile, since he's the main one.
But the potential is easily there.

Validus
Originally posted by UniOmni
He hasn't. But the potential is there. Different heralds apply the pc differently. Surfer is going to be the most versatile, since he's the main one.
Potential doesn't mean squat on the forum. If Firelord has never applied the PC in such a way, why do we assume he would now? If that was the case, individualizing the heralds in Vs topics would be useless because according to some they all have exact same power set.

Tassadar
FL does'nt need matter manipulation to utterly destroy IM. 1 blast and IM is a puddle of molten metal and ash.

MJOILNIR
Originally posted by Scoobless
Go read it again... it was perfectly logical (as in "comic logic"wink
sad No, no, no I wont read it again. Its packed away in my box of non sense comics(along with the hulkbuster kick and Supes comics shifty ) I wont read it again sick

Darth Vegas
Originally posted by UniOmni

Potential?

Potential is baseless.

Just because a character hasn't done a particular feat yet in a comic doesn't necessarily mean that he has the "potential" to do it.

Given FL's history and being a herald, if he could truly manipulate matter, I'm sure that the comics would've definitely shown that he has that ability by now. Since he hasn't accomplished that feat yet, I'm going with the assumption that he can't manipulate matter.

Validus
Originally posted by Darth Vegas
Potential?

Potential is baseless.

Just because a character hasn't done a particular feat yet in a comic doesn't necessarily mean that he has the "potential" to do it.

Given FL's history and being a herald, if he could truly manipulate matter, I'm sure that the comics would've definitely shown that he has that ability by now. Since he hasn't accomplished that feat yet, I'm going with the assumption that he can't manipulate matter.
Happy Dance

UniOmni
I never said he can or would. But the potential is there. I maintain that position.

guy222
Kril FTW

Bouboumaster
Stark winning? It's a joke, right?
The Heralds need a respect thread, I think...

Kurash
Originally posted by Val
Potential doesn't mean squat on the forum. If Firelord has never applied the PC in such a way, why do we assume he would now? If that was the case, individualizing the heralds in Vs topics would be useless because according to some they all have exact same power set.

i know this is from a long time ago, but i agree

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Stark winning? It's a joke, right?
The Heralds need a respect thread, I think...

The heralds do have a respect thread. Firelord still doesn't deserve respect ermm

guy222
Pyreus

Bouboumaster
Firelord kill Stark 10/10

Darth Creasy
If someone stated a specific Green Lantern couldn't create force fileds or giant fists, and challenged you to show scans of him doing it, you'd probably be inclined not to take him seriously erm

Shown on panel or not, Firelord like every other bearer of the Power Cosmic, can easily manipulate matter. I'd doubt he posseses the skill at it that the Silver Surfer has but I thought it wass common knowledge he could. confused

Firelord 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000/10

leonidas
each herald is different, as is the level of control and overall level of power they were granted. there is absolutely no evidence to suggest that every herald could control matter. the rings we KNOW grant the same abilities and are different based soley on willpower. the power cosmic does not operate that way, nor are all granted the same level of it.

could FL POSSIBLY do it? sure, i guess. frankly it's a silly stance to take however given that no evidence suggests it. erm

Soljer
Ironman beat Spidey beat Firelord.

Simple logic.

Galan007
Originally posted by Soljer

Simple logic. w00t

The Illuminati
Originally posted by Soljer

Simple logic.

wink

That settles it, Iron Man is the clear WINNER!

CaptainStoic
While Firelord is indeed an Herald, not all Heralds are on the level of Surfer, and Firelord has shown this time and again... far from it if you ask me.

Firelord has had so many poor showings. Nova (Frankie Ray) outclassed him as a Herald, Spiderman Ko'ed him, he looked like a light weight in Anihilation, he isn't even class 100, he runs at half that. Ravenous knocked him for a loop, Hercules broke his jaw with one hit.

Sorry to go against the grain but what we have here is Johnny Storm with class 50 strength, and unless he slags Ironman in the first few seconds of combat, Firelord is taking yet another nap.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.