Silent Hill vs. Resident Evil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

crazy_shadow
Ok, i don't know if this should be in the Versus forum or not cause.....well i thought that was only game characters vs. or not, so lana, if it has to be, make it, i got no problem :P

So which ones do you guys think are scarier....or which one do you think is better with storyline?

---I personally have to give Silent hill BIG THUMBS up, for the scarefactor. excluding #4....the room
---Resident Evil didnt give me much of a scare sorry...Just not as mysterious and sound waving as the radio on the silent hill games which pretty much told you when enemies were near...itd drive my eyes wondering

---Silent hill stories were great, and mysterious i liked that. It made me kinda mad about the 4th game though, it wasn't such a great game.
---Resident Evil story was absolutely amazing untill they stopped at 3. 3 was pretty much the end of it, and all the rest of the games were random stuff...dissapointed me greatly

AstroFan
Silent Hill is scarier/creepier, only for the wacked out story and atmosphere. But Resident Evil blows it away gamewise, especially RE4.

Kayne Archeron
scaryness - Silent Hill wins
fun gameplay - Resident Evil

but Silent Hill has much better soundtracks and stories, so i'll go with Silent Hill for the win

BackFire
Resident Evil are better games.

Silent Hill is more imaginative and creepier and a totally different level.

chops
Silent Hill is the game you want to play to be scared, Resident evil is the one with fun gameplay.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by chops
Silent Hill is the game you want to play to be scared, Resident evil is the one with fun gameplay. yes

JToTheP
I can't vote.

Silent Hill-Plot and horror. (Silent Hill 2 the most, best game, 3 is second.)

Resident Evil-For actual gun-totting gameplay, still scary but different from Silent Hill.

Soundtrack: Both games have soundtracks that set the mood really well, but I think Silent Hill since they release official soundtracks, again 2 being best, 3 second. I do love the mansion music in one for example though.

Lana
They both scared the hell out of me and made me unable to even finish one game.

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by chops
Silent Hill is the game you want to play to be scared, Resident evil is the one with fun gameplay. i love being scared lol eek!

LockJaw is lol
Originally posted by Lana
They both scared the hell out of me and made me unable to even finish one game.
RE4 is the only one I have the guts to play through sad

EDIT : Silent hill is like dissturbingly scary

FG725
Silent Hill is like Alien it's scary and has less action Resident Evil is much more like Aliens though it's still kinda creepy but it's much more action packed however I prefer SH to RE

DarkC
Resident Evil in terms of gameplay, Silent Hill for a really insanely chilly atmosphere.

SpadeKing
I dunno Silent Hill wasn't as creepy to me cause of the radio telling you stuff, you could be in RE and a zombie could just pop out of a locker or something

anyway RE5 will definetly change most people's votes I bet yes

CheeseMeUpYO
Silent Hill is alot scarier in my opinion. Silent Hill scares you more on a psychological level. The game brings you into a grotesque and disgusting world world ridden with psychotic characters and creatures. Everytime you play it it feels like it tries to scare you. The game makes you feel like you are actually in the world of Silent Hill defending for your very life.

Despite how good SH is I find RE games alot more fun, so I"ll have to go with that.

SpadeKing
well I haven't played a silent hill game since 1 but my ex has all 4 of the games, and she is afraid of just about everything (actually everything except that game) so I dont really think it could be that scary if seh plays them erm

Kayne Archeron
funny... pretty much nothing BUT that game scares me x-x

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by SpadeKing
I dunno Silent Hill wasn't as creepy to me cause of the radio telling you stuff, you could be in RE and a zombie could just pop out of a locker or something

anyway RE5 will definetly change most people's votes I bet yes

Reason i find Silent hill more scarier is because it sticks with you in real life. Resident evil makes you jump because a zombie jumps out at you, but then ur scares gone the next few seconds. the only thought u have is hoping something doesnt pop up on ur screen in a split second.

Silent Hill leaves you the scare knowing "oh shit i might die" even though you can reload the game. But you can't save the game any time you want, which makes it even better. Then the fact when you're done playing it and think about playing it again you think "oh man, that games freaking creepy....i got to play again and get scared!" unless ur one of the others and say "TOO SCARY, NEVER PLAYING AGAIN"

stunna1773
Originally posted by crazy_shadow
Reason i find Silent hill more scarier is because it sticks with you in real life. Resident evil makes you jump because a zombie jumps out at you, but then ur scares gone the next few seconds. the only thought u have is hoping something doesnt pop up on ur screen in a split second.

Silent Hill leaves you the scare knowing "oh shit i might die" even though you can reload the game. But you can't save the game any time you want, which makes it even better. Then the fact when you're done playing it and think about playing it again you think "oh man, that games freaking creepy....i got to play again and get scared!" unless ur one of the others and say "TOO SCARY, NEVER PLAYING AGAIN"

yea in resident evil you can't save it anytime you want.

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by stunna1773
yea in resident evil you can't save it anytime you want.

oh? i thought you could...i don't know it's been way too long since i've played it.

FG725
In Resident Evil I feel that I can stand a chance against whatever I'm fighting you get guns and stuff and your a well fit human being. Then in Silent hill you're just some random person, you can get guns but you get like 4 shots in them and they're very rare so you're usually stuck with a 2x4 with a nail at the end of it or something like that, and you're just the average person like a guy who is looking for his wife or daughter and you don't stand a chance against half of the stuff out there you can get ****ed up by pyramid head. it just seems so much more down to earth like it could happen. Like if somehow zombie things took over the chances are you aren't going to have an arsenal of weapons at your disposal and won't be trained to fire accurately with a gun. That's why it's so damn scary.
Originally posted by SpadeKing
well I haven't played a silent hill game since 1 but my ex has all 4 of the games, and she is afraid of just about everything (actually everything except that game) so I dont really think it could be that scary if seh plays them erm
how about you actually play them instead of taking someone elses word for it. I personally thought prince of persia games sucked balls but it seems that alot of people thought they were the greatest games ever erm

leonheartmm
silent hill OWNS.

Kayne Archeron
leonheart really enjoys EMPHASIZING his WORDS

crazy_shadow
laugh out LOUD

i hope they make a silent hill for xbox360

woody82
Silent hill, my reasons are simple Silent HIll is a morehorror game, limited supplies, creepy music, dark places, and harder to play if on the hard setting not easy.

Silent HIll is pure horror not much action at all, Resident Evil has always had the gun ho feel, and go round blasting Zombies to pieces etc, and no real darkness or scary feel.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.