annihilation: SS -- evolution or a step backwards . . .?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
so he's herald again. does that mean the character itself is taking a backwards step, or do you think this is an evolutionary step in ss's development?

i myself was pretty damn disappointed that he was made herald again . . . sad there can still be some good stories written, and i'm sure he and galactus will meet and deal with tenebrous and aegis, but still, herald again? stardust was pretty cool. i don;t think they needed to make ss herald. and they sure as HELL didn't need to power him up in any way . . .

DarkCrawler
I'm not sure if he will stay as herald...

Tron
Well, they weren't really doing anything else with him, so why not? They could still come up with good stories for him. And I also doubt that he'll stay a herald for very long.

Crease
The "power up", which really just seems to be a change in attitude and will, is welcome. It sucked to have such a powerful character be such a pacifist.

I too doubt he will remain herald for long. It seems like a setup for some huge finale where he dies at the end of Anniahlation. Marvel has done such a good job of pissing me off the last few years I wouldn't put it passed them. Have him sacrifice himself to save Galactus at the end of Annihilation and resurrect him a year from now in a new monthly.

Then again, if Galactus did in fact upgrade him, they could be setting things up so he plays a part in Civil War. So far Tony's got the 2 BIG guns (don't know to post spoilers) and Cap needs a high-herald level guy to deal with those 2.

Validus
Like Tron said, not like he was doing anything else. Surfer was pretty stagnant before Annihilation so I welcome the change.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.