Qui gon's Sacrfice

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mikester
some of my friends at school said that Qui-Gon sacrficed himself so that he could force the council into training anakin. Any one agree?

PVS
tell your friends at school that their theory is baseless and silly. quigon was the best suited to raise anakin, and was forced to place the burden on obiwan after being run through by maul. great lengths were taken by lucas to illustrate the fatherly quality of quigon, lack of in obiwan, as well as the complete lack of planning of his death during the duel. as far as a reason for sacrifice, there is none. quigon was defiant enough to demand that anakin be trained, and whether or not he died was of no concequence.

the true reason that anakin was to be trained was the revelation that the sith have returned. they had hoped that anakin would destroy the sith, and so they trained him. before, when they refused, they were not sure that the sith had returned.

overlord
Yeah, Obi Wan was opposed to the training initially anyway. Qui Gon could have easily trained the little sucker himself without much trouble. How it turned out really wasn't what he planned.

Jedi Priestess

ESB -1138
Originally posted by PVS
tell your friends at school that their theory is baseless and silly. quigon was the best suited to raise anakin, and was forced to place the burden on obiwan after being run through by maul. great lengths were taken by lucas to illustrate the fatherly quality of quigon, lack of in obiwan, as well as the complete lack of planning of his death during the duel. as far as a reason for sacrifice, there is none. quigon was defiant enough to demand that anakin be trained, and whether or not he died was of no concequence.

the true reason that anakin was to be trained was the revelation that the sith have returned. they had hoped that anakin would destroy the sith, and so they trained him. before, when they refused, they were not sure that the sith had returned.

That and the fact that Obi-Wan was going to train Anakin with our without the council's permission. He was going to do Qui-Gon's last request.

Council#13
Originally posted by mikester
some of my friends at school said that Qui-Gon sacrficed himself so that he could force the council into training anakin. Any one agree?

laughing

No. no expression

That theory has some substance if you think about it, but it's complete junk. Qui-Gon believed that Obi-Wan was ready for the trials, and would have argued endlessly with the Council on allowing Anakin to be his Padawan. The Council members would have seen the good in allowing such a powerful Force Sensitive into their Order, and especially after a confrontation with the Sith, the Jedi would not want to risk such a powerful being to join the Dark Side. Also, like ESB-1138 said, Qui-Gon would have trained Anakin regardless of whether or not the entire Council agreed.

16carlos1989
Originally posted by mikester

yep very stupid idea!
tell ur mates that they are silly as heck.
Qui Gon wouldnt of sacrificed himself cos then he couldnt train anakin.

oh and just before Qui Gon died i thought it was cool that Obi Wan knew it was gonna happen.

anyway yeah, stupid idea!

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by 16carlos1989
yep very stupid idea!
tell ur mates that they are silly

anyway yeah, stupid idea!

PVS
no need to slam the kid so hard. on a forum where people argue that dialogue means nothing, the force is a giant scale, and george lucas is incorrect about his own plot summaries, this is hardly a ridiculous idea, however wrong it is.

Jedi Priestess
I dont see where anyone was slamming him. I think most of us basically quoted the thread author when we said "stupid idea" huh

Council#13
Yup. We're not making fun of him. Just his friend's ideas. smile

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by Council#13
Yup. We're not making fun of him. Just his friend's ideas. smile

yepp.... smile

PVS
well.....i am evil face

Darth Zhin
He was bested at saber combat, nothing more

Council#13
Probably due to his age and the restriction of the space of the area smile

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by PVS
well.....i am evil face

erm

PVS
oh no, not...."erm" !!!!!!!

*runs away*

JediJim
Originally posted by PVS

*runs away*

laughing

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Council#13
Probably due to his age and the restriction of the space of the area smile

Or just the fact that Maul was plain better.

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by PVS

*runs away*

haha lol!

commander fox
Originally posted by JaehSkywalker
haha lol!

laughing out loud

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by commander fox
laughing out loud

hyper? stick out tongue

and that idea still sucks...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.