Metahuman vs Mutant

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UniOmni
Which concept was handled better??

Some are tired of the mutantness over in Marvel..But Marvel being that way is in its roots.

Marvel isn't the bright universe that DC is. It never has been. Identity Crisis wouldn't work in Marvel, since their universe is darker and more paranoid. Nothing to write home about.

So what do you prefer? The metagene, or the X factor?

The metagene that is random in its manifestation, or the X factor, that signifies the eventual loss of humanity?

Whittdawg92
mutants don't seem to get as powerful as metahumans, which is a good thing, but they can still be strong.

Broly92
X-gene pwns wink

Validus
Originally posted by Whittdawg92
mutants don't seem to get as powerful as metahumans, which is a good thing, but they can still be strong.
That's only because everyone in DC is considered metahuman. Even people who don't have internal powers (Green Lantern) and people who aren't even human in the first place (Superman).

Milkie
Metahumans

Soljer

Iceman. Magneto. Cable.

*whistles innocently*

Whittdawg92
Originally posted by Validus
That's only because everyone in DC is considered metahuman. Even people who don't have internal powers (Green Lantern) and people who aren't even human in the first place (Superman). i never even said, nor implied that.

Validus
i never even said, nor implied that.
So? It is a fact. Mutants would never be as overall powerful because of that.

Whittdawg92
mutants like cable iceman and phoenix usually get way too damn powerful, but for the majority, they have one "power" that they develop, unlike some heros *cough*superman*cough* get random stupid powers.

UniOmni
Damn.
Either people can't read, or thinking outside the box is really hard.
This isn't about who'd win a fight.
OR who's more powerful overall.
This is about what concept do you feel was handled better.

And what differences there are between the two?? Are they really important differences, or superficial?

Whittdawg92
Originally posted by UniOmni
Damn.

And what differences there are between the two?? Are they really important differences, or superficial? what we are discussing is the topic thank you very much.

Soljer
Damn.

And what differences there are between the two?? Are they really important differences, or superficial?

I wasn't trying to argue one side was more powerful, I was simply pointing out some VERY powerful Mutants, because someone mentioned that Mutants don't get very strong.

Regardless, I prefer the Mutants, it seems better handled, more realistic, more scientific.

Broly92
Originally posted by Broly92
X-gene pwns wink

Whittdawg92
i agree.

Darth Vegas
I always thought that Mutants in the Marvel universe are the equivalent of Metahumans in the DC Universe.

Same thing just different terminology.

In essence, I believe that the Mutants of the Marvel Universe are more powerful than the "mutants" (aka Metahumans) of the DC Universe.

Draco69
Mutant does not equal metahuman.

ANYONE with special abilities or superpowers is considered a metahuman in the DCU. Even aliens. Even friggin androids.

There ARE people born with a metagene but they usually inherit it from their parents...

Mutants don't really exist in the DCU...

Whittdawg92
actually only the people who gain superpowers through some freak accident are considered "metahuman" or "mutate"(in DC). everyone else is just superpowered.

UniOmni
Bumping for the thinking man

The Pict
mutants are handled better

UniOmni
I refuse to let an original thread die!!!! Now where are the smarties??

Darth Vegas
I guess they couldn't care less about metahumans vs. mutants.

Whittdawg92
i care more about super-douche and Butch Ironbox.

grey fox
Mutants are handled in a similar manner to how they would in the real world , as a persecuted minority ...then Marvel had to spin it out of control with the damn stupid Omega levels and 'Countries full of mutants' until the mutants aren't the minority but the humans are ...

Metahumans get off of this scott free because...well it's Dc. Put on a cape and your suddenly worshipped like a god.

Templares
The metahumans are overshadowed by their more established counterparts in DC.

The mutants overshadow the rest of the Marvel crew.

EDIT: I cry FOUL! Darth Vegas has the same sig as I. laughing out loud

K3VIL
What it doesn't make sense at all is the mutant fear in Marvel Universe.
When it's known that a hero powers are mutant in origin, people are scared or usually their confidence fluctuates.
Except for a DNA test, no one can identify a mutant.
Warbird could be a mutant, just cause her origins are known to the majority, she can't be mistaken for one.
Any mutant with superpowers who keep a human appearence can say he just obtain them through experiments or an accident.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by K3VIL
When it's known that a hero powers are mutant in origin, people are scared or usually their confidence fluctuates.
Warbird could be a mutant, just cause her origins are known to the majority, she can't be mistaken for one.
Any mutant with superpowers who keep a human appearence can say he just obtain them through experiments or an accident.

Problem is though with all the Sentinels and Mutant haters running around it's pretty hard to keep your identity a secret especially when they can test you on the spot with a simple scan. The Inner Circle did what you suggested and Emma Frosts geneology was still revealed to the world because of Cassandra Nova.

Brutacus
I like the mutant thing better, because I think we would react the same way as the humans do in marvel be afraid to be run over by a new breed of humans.
It's very logical you would hate, or be jalous, or be afraid of someone with super powers.

Tron
Damn.

And for that reason, this thread's place isn't in this forum. This is better suited in the Comic Books Forum.

magnuslives

HELLO- iceman, elixer and PHOENIX/JEAN GREY! and you say that they don't seem to get as powerful as metahumans

manjaro
i think mutants are handled better. cuz its the unpredictability of the x gene that grants ppl different abilites and thats that. in DCu its hard to find metahumans who didnt get thier powers by being in the wrong lab accident at the wrong time. or in the vicinity of the wrong vat of radioactive chemicals at the wrong time.big grin

magnuslives
Which concept was handled better??

Some are tired of the mutantness over in Marvel..But Marvel being that way is in its roots.

Marvel isn't the bright universe that DC is. It never has been. Identity Crisis wouldn't work in Marvel, since their universe is darker and more paranoid. Nothing to write home about.

So what do you prefer? The metagene, or the X factor?

The metagene that is random in its manifestation, or the X factor, that signifies the eventual loss of humanity?

WHAT!?! you're basically just pitting everything with powers in the DCU against marvels mutants- who, by the way rock rock

manjaro
Originally posted by magnuslives
HELLO- iceman, elixer and PHOENIX/JEAN GREY! and you say that they don't seem to get as powerful as metahumans

yeah so a handful of near, and actual omega lvl mutants vs just about every guy in supes rogues gallery roll eyes (sarcastic) sure marvel has thier fair share of super powerful beings but DC has more and then some

UniOmni
Originally posted by K3VIL

I can buy the mutant hate, simply cuz in Marvel, mutants are what will eventually replace humanity. I'd be a lil pissed if i knew my time was limited too.

Spiderman and the other non born mutants, i can also see why they get off scot free at times.
If one of my friends was born with the ability to blink me outta existence, and i was told that eventually, beings like him would be the dominant majority, resentment would take root more than likely.
One, cuz i'm less powerful than him. Two, cuz he will inherit the earth, so to speak.

IF my other friend was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time, and got uber powers, he wouldn't be seen the same as the mutant friend, cuz his existence doesn't foretell the end of humanity.
He just got lucky, or had bad luck, depending on your views.

Mutants are the future. Mutates are the crapshoots.

And in DC, i do find it funny that heroes get worshipped the way they do.

jumpmann
Metahumans in DC.

There's mutants in Marvel, but then there's a shitload of people like Spiderman, Hulk, Ms Marvel, who have mutant like powers and don't get treated the same way. It's stupid. They all could be mutants.

magnuslives
Originally posted by jumpmann
Metahumans in DC.

There's mutants in Marvel, but then there's a shitload of people like Spiderman, Hulk, Ms Marvel, who have mutant like powers and don't get treated the same way. It's stupid. They all could be mutants.

technically, every other person with powers aside from "mutants" are actually mutants because their bodies went through a mutation, so to speak

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.