Exar Kun and Darth Sion versus Darth Bane and Naga Sadow

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GM Nebaris
Takes place on Onderon.

Escape81
Exar Kun defeats Bane in a fairly one-sided duel, I think. He's a superior lightsaber duelist and an awesome Force-user, and has the advantage of those nifty amulets.

Sadow keeps blasting the hell out of Sion to the point that Sion's atomic structure is annihilated, or he just keeps reconstituting himself until Kun comes over and defeats Sadow.

Darth Ownage
Kun pwns Bane by A(Amulet Blast
B(Sabercombat
C(All of the abova
Sadow Defeats Sion by A(Stripping him of the force...
B(Terring Dwn his willpower making him fall apart

Sadow vs Kun=??? Draw maybe confused

GM Nebaris
Originally posted by Escape81
Exar Kun defeats Bane in a fairly one-sided duel, I think.

O RLY?

Sadow keeps blasting the hell out of Sion to the point that Sion's atomic structure is annihilated

O RLY?

Escape81
Try putting actual links in, instead of trying to log me out.

Escape81
Kk?

Darth Ownage
yeah that just pisses people off... how did you do it

GM Nebaris
Try putting actual links in, instead of trying to log me out.

lmao laughing laughing

Darth Ownage
this ends up being a Naga Sadow vs Exar Kun...

draw maybe confused

Captain REX
Nebaris, please refrain from spamming posts. If you have nothing worthwhile to add, just don't post.

GM Nebaris
lol I was only doing it because Escape wasn't spreading the love.

GM Nebaris
bump

darthsith19
I'd guess that Sion vs. Bane would be fairly even as would Kun vs. Sadow. In the end I'd guess that Sion would beat Bane, though, and Saoow would probably beat Kun and then Sadow would find someway to beat Sion.

Motoko Sama
Originally posted by darthsith19
I'd guess that Sion vs. Bane would be fairly even as would Kun vs. Sadow. In the end I'd guess that Sion would beat Bane, though, and Saoow would probably beat Kun and then Sadow would find someway to beat Sion.

And how is it likely Sadow beats Exar Kun exactly?

GM Nebaris
I personally don't see how Sion could lose.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Motoko Sama
And how is it likely Sadow beats Exar Kun exactly?

How is it likely that Kun beats Sadow?

Motoko Sama
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
How is it likely that Kun beats Sadow?

Did I say that? No, I didn't. He said it's probable that Sadow beats Exar Kun, he has to prove up on that claim because he made it without any proof (and there's hardly an agreement as to who's superior). I never said anything of the opposite other than asking "how?", so don't question me.

Darth Sexy
Got it.

GM Nebaris
I'm guessing Sadow because he likely had decades to practice and learn his sith magic, while Kun only had a year.

Darth Sexy
And that would help him in a 1 on 1 fight how exactly? I'm not saying Sadow won't win, but quantity is not necessarily better than quality.

GM Nebaris
lmao, quality? Kun learnt from Sadow's teachings (his knowledge from Ossus was useless imo), which would mean that the would have the same quality.

Darth Sexy
I'm saying you can't base someone's superiority necessarily on only quantity.

Motoko Sama
And what in the world is Naga Sadow going to do when he realizes his head was cut off?

Show me that Sadow stands a chance in hell against Exar Kun in a sword duel. Kun has a weapon no Ancient Sith has ever seen, and mastery over said weapon. We know he's Master Vodo strongest student (and that's 600 years), we know he toyed with and destroyed Vodo as well. He's capable of stalemating Ulic before he even gains his unique style or weapon, and that's Ulic the lightsaber prodigy, and also master. Exar's simply the best duelist of the era.

Now, forgive me - what does Sadow do in one on one combat? Swing his sword around like a barbarian?

GM Nebaris
Correction: We know that he defeated (not tooled) Vodo due to a number of advantages on his side.

And one question: who isn't a lightsaber progidy? Even people like Anoon Bondara were described as such.

Motoko Sama
Originally posted by GM Nebaris
Correction: We know that he defeated (not tooled) Vodo due to a number of advantages on his side.

Not tooled? As soon as he ignited the other end of his lightsaber, he gives a little speech, takes a swing, and then cleaves Vodo in half. Vodo also acknowledges BEFORE he cleaves him in half, that he (Vodo) is going to lose to him (Exar) either way.

Darth Sexy
The details of his sword abilities are nonexistent but we know that Sadow wasn't really a fighter(Kun was). Sadow's forte was sith alchemy and sith magic. The question is, how is Kun going to get close to Sadow to take him in a saber duel? If that happens then I agree, Kun will more than likely win. However Sadow has sith magic, his amulet, and most likely a defense for his amulet blast. Kun has the same amulet but likely no defense. We could say that they would cancel each other out but I would assume that Kun doesn't have the ability nor the range of Sadow's own weapon the way Sadow does.

Motoko Sama
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
The details of his sword abilities are nonexistent but we know that Sadow wasn't really a fighter(Kun was). Sadow's forte was sith alchemy and sith magic. The question is, how is Kun going to get close to Sadow to take him in a saber duel?

Walk up to him? I wasn't aware the contestants are four miles away...

And? Exar Kun has Sith magic, Sadow's amulet, and we don't even know if there is a defense for the blast (albeit it's definitely likely), or even if Sadow can come close to producing that magnitude.

They do cancel each other out, but tell me - where has Sadow shown us mastery over his creation?

And "doesn't have the ability nor the range"? WTH are you talking about? We've never even seen Sadow use it. You cannot assume Sadow has a better mastery over it simply because he created it, Exar was able to figure it out in a matter of seconds of getting the amulet clamped on his arm. So, during that time - before he even had knowledge about it, he was able to understand it (as described by the omniscient narrator), then after acquired Sadow's personal notes.

Really though - it doesn't matter if it's Sadow own weapon, as Nai pointed out:

Originally posted by Borbarad
So Sadow probably had a greater "theoretical" knowledge about the amulets but still he can't use them "better" as Kun because they just do what they do. That somebody has the know-how to build a rifle doesn't mean he's an excellent shooter.

Darth Sexy
While Nai's example works, my point is it is far more logical to assume that Sadow has a defense for his own creation, as opposed to Kun.

GM Nebaris
True.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.