It HAS To Be Possible!?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ILoveMyDaniel
Well, I've come to the conclusion that all else has failed when attempting to fix the computer without having to swipe my computer and start with a clean slate...So, I was wondering if it's possible to somehow keep all of my files in My Documents on the computer without having to do anything to them? I've tried zipping/compressing the files and sending them to myself through email, plan failed. I've tried copying them to CD's, plan pretty much failed.
I have no CD's to my computer to fix the computer that way so on startup I've hit F10 and received this message and this will be the method I'll use to fix my computer:
'The system recovery program, in this normal default mode of operation, recovers applications, drivers and the opreating system to their factory-shipped condition. Accordingly, after System Recovery finishes, ytou need to re-install and reconfigure any applications that you installed yourself (including upgrades or revisions to the factory-shipped version of any application.
Howeverm the System Recovery, in this normal default mode of operation, will not delete any DATA files you have created.'

So, guys, is it possible?

El_NINO
Yes, which is what I suggested first before you decided to go with compressing files and sending to your self

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by El_NINO
Yes, which is what I suggested first before you decided to go with compressing files and sending to your self
Hmm...
Someone suggested http://www.backupanswers.com/freewinbackup/ and I've downloaded it and created a list of things to backup but I have no idea where to import it and why to import it considering it will get lost in recovering the computer when I swipe it. erm

El_NINO
Ya its just another "restore" program, different answer same problem.

ILoveMyDaniel
Man this is frustrating. I've got about 8 empty CD's all holding 700 MB and that's it. I tried to use the CD method today but I only got like...2 folders of pictures onto 1 CD and that was it. Right now I'm uploading folders onto the internet and will see how that does.
I have a USB cable for my digital camera and this may sound far fetched but can I use that cable in any way to transfer stuff or...no?

El_NINO
You can transfer them back to your camera.

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by El_NINO
You can transfer them back to your camera.
Oh really? Do I just drag and drop the pictures on my computer to the folder that loads when I connect the camera to the computer?

eggmayo
Originally posted by ILoveMyDaniel
Oh really? Do I just drag and drop the pictures on my computer to the folder that loads when I connect the camera to the computer?

Yeah..

Erm, do you have any system restore points set?

Because if you do, you only need the windows program, not any downloaded one.

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by eggmayo
Yeah..

Erm, do you have any system restore points set?

Because if you do, you only need the windows program, not any downloaded one.
System Restore doesn't work, needless to say. erm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.