Why didn't Qui Gon's ghost join Yoda, Anakin, and Obi Wan at the end of ROTJ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Always wanted to know that..

KingDubya
'Cause Qui-Gon isn't as important of a character in the OT. Yes, he did suggest they train Anakin and was right that he was the "Chosen One", but he didn't appear during any of the OT movies, nor was he ever mentioned.

Tangible God
Qui-Gon had learned to stay in the mortal plane but could not manifest himself as a ghost.

Council#13
Cause Qui-Gon was busy dancing with the Ewoks.

Nah, his character probably didn't exist. But.... I think that if George Lucas was going to replace the old Anakin, he could have at least put in a few thousand more Jedi in the background.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Council#13
Cause Qui-Gon was busy dancing with the Ewoks.

Nah, his character probably didn't exist. But.... I think that if George Lucas was going to replace the old Anakin, he could have at least put in a few thousand more Jedi in the background.

Now that would've looked spectacular only Jedi ghost knowledge, as far as we know, was known to few.

Big it probably would've been the best shot of both trilogies. Crazy Jedi ghosts behind Anakin, Yoda, and Ben, including Mace and everyone..lol I could see Mace looking at Anakin and thinking "S.O.B."

overlord
Yeah, Lucas should've added thousands of jedi spirits at the end of RotJ! lol

Council#13
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Now that would've looked spectacular only Jedi ghost knowledge, as far as we know, was known to few.

Big it probably would've been the best shot of both trilogies. Crazy Jedi ghosts behind Anakin, Yoda, and Ben, including Mace and everyone..lol I could see Mace looking at Anakin and thinking "S.O.B."

laughing That would be funny. Like in MAD magazine or something they would add little thought bubbles.

sapphiremouse
Well ive read a few of the novels and at one time Obi-Wan came to luke and told him that this is last time they would talk. So, maybe there is a limited time that they are able to come back as ghost and communicate with the living world. In thinking with that.....Qui-Gon Jin died many years before Luke was born and they didnt even know about each other....from storys that ol ben wouldve told. No mentioned of his name came about in the #4-6 episode.

Cant add Future characters that you havent thought of in a film made in the past...lol

DarthSidiouss
there was another thread. about a year ago saying that there was a deleted scene in ROTS that it showed qui-gons ghost speaking with obi wan and yoda, right after yoda told obi that his master can stay communicate with them.

DarthSidiouss
sorry. i know that post dozent belong here but i thaught it be interesting

Blue_Hefner
Qui Gon did not exist.

Jam-Jul_Lison
More then likly Qui-Gon had already moved on to the other side at the time.

I did have a few problems with the newest version of Anakin, Obi-Wan and Yoda at the end of ROTJ. I hated them changing Anakin from Sebastian Shaw (I think that is who it was who played Anakin's ghost originaly) to Hayden Christensen). From the movies it seems like they look like they do when they die. So why the exception for Anakin? Yes he was young when went over to the dark side. But when he died he had gone back to the lightside just prior to it.

drwerwer
Since qui-gon had nothing to with Luke and so he had no reason to show up. While the other three did since Yoda helped train luke same with Obi ,and well Anakin was his father and saved him from Palps.

mrright14
it's b cuz Luke only new 3 Jedi in his life(obi-wan, yoda, and anakin) at the time. so Lucas could not put thousands of Jedi Luke did not know in the back

queeq
OMG... who opened this old fossil????

roughrider
Originally posted by mrright14
it's b cuz Luke only new 3 Jedi in his life(obi-wan, yoda, and anakin) at the time. so Lucas could not put thousands of Jedi Luke did not know in the back

I agree.

ADarksideJedi
That still does not make any sence they should had added him anyway.

queeq
Nope.

JediRobin23
Qui gon was there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aIZZyIgpco&feature=PlayList&p=1EBE03B3571DB2E2&playnext_from=PL&index=0&playnext=1

Sith Master X
That's pretty impressive.

queeq
Isn't there one where that final scene is packed with SW peeps?

Kazenji
http://0.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/46/46/984908c4d655b9326573bcf5fd2548d5.jpg

mnat801
HAHAHAHA that's pretty funny. I was just about to ask why Anakin was young but not Obi Wan.

queeq
Excellent.

And the answer is: George.

JediRobin23
Thats good. laughing

Yoda would have kicked some A$% when he was that young. A sith with one slice with a lightsaber

queeq
I dunno, I didn't see any signs of aging popping and sizzling around Dooku on AOTC.

Lord Lucien
I love that panel.

JediRobin23
Originally posted by queeq
I dunno, I didn't see any signs of aging popping and sizzling around Dooku on AOTC.

Well, he didn't actually beat him. perhaps in his younger days it could have been different

queeq
Perhaps... and perhaps not.

JediRobin23
Perhaps it is just a movie

queeq
Ya think?

JediRobin23
yes, I do

queeq
Actually, I was being sarcastic. Of course it's only movie, I agree wholeheartedly. People take SW too seriously sometimes.

Kickballjedi
My theory is Qui Gon would've appeared as a force ghost to Yoda and Kenobi only. The dying Jedi chooses who they will "haunt", not vice versa. "An old friend has learned the path to immortality. One who has returned from the netherworld of the Force... Your old master" So once Luke dies, he can choose to haunt an existing Jedi, but that Jedi won't see Yoda and Kenobi. Come to think of it, Anakin was never trained of the "Path to Immortality", how did he come back as ghost?

JediRobin23
Well Quigon had nothing to do with Luke. So, even as a force ghost, why would Quigon want to appear at the end for? really....

KingD19
Qui Gon indeed was made for the prequel trilogy, so at the time of ROTJ he didn't exist to manifest. However he did show himself to Anakin and Obi-Wan in the Clone Wars cartoon. So when Luke triumphed, he could have shown up to be with his friends(Yoda, Obi-Wan), and show support for his student(Anakin), and his son.

Salthasha
Qui Gon was not central to Luke, Ben Yoda and Anakin were, it would be the same question as to why Yodas master did not appear to luke as a force ghost, force ghost's appear out of a sense of mentorship.

PTforthewin
Qui gon wasn't thought of in the 70's

queeq

King Joker
Qui-Gon said to Yoda in S6 he cant manifest himself because his training was incomplete.

queeq

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by JediRobin23
Qui gon was there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aIZZyIgpco&feature=PlayList&p=1EBE03B3571DB2E2&playnext_from=PL&index=0&playnext=1

Boom

queeq

Chris deadmou5
But qui gon was a ghost and anikan saw him in star wars the clone wars season 3 episode 17

Chris deadmou5
Qui gon actually did appear as a ghost in star wars the clone wars when anikan talked to him on season 3 episode 17

Chris deadmou5
Qui gon did appear as a ghost in star wars the clone wars season 3 episode 17

Chris deadmou5
Srry my phone gliched out

Lord Lucien
Clone Wars sucked.

queeq
Lucien, always constructive. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.