I asked God to marry me...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LanceWindu
...so now you're all my red-headed step kids! evil face

RaeRox
*bows down to the Goddess Ken*

LanceWindu
Originally posted by RaeRox
*bows down to the Goddess Ken*

Little did you know, but God is a woman.

RaeRox
I see. A woman who is still more dominate than yourself *w00t*

LanceWindu
I see. A woman who is still more dominate than yourself *w00t*

Well...it is God.

Dusty
Pwnt.

Soleran
Originally posted by LanceWindu

Little did you know but I was a red head before this marriage! Since you know God well now, how's God's rack!

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Soleran
Little did you know but I was a red head before this marriage! Since you know God well now, how's God's rack!

She's got some tig ole bitties.

Lana
You're married to an imaginary being?

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Lana

Shh! I wanted to get all the religious nuts bowing down to me and their false idol.

Soleran
Nice, now I'm only going to ask for one power, one wish, PLEASE PLEASE let me turn water into wine! And not that cheap stuff like Thunderbird or Wild Irish Rose or Mad Dog but some really good stuff.
You'll never hear from me again, but if you're with God I might join you pretty soon lol.

Lana
Shh! I wanted to get all the religious nuts bowing down to me and their false idol.

Ooooooh, okay.

Can I be maid of honor?

Dusty

I happened to be one of those religious nuts.

However, I am not bowing.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Soleran
Nice, now I'm only going to ask for one power, one wish, PLEASE PLEASE let me turn water into wine! And not that cheap stuff like Thunderbird or Wild Irish Rose or Mad Dog but some really good stuff.
You'll never hear from me again, but if you're with God I might join you pretty soon lol.

I woulda thought you'd want to turn water into malt liquor.

shrug

It is done, no refunds.

Ooooooh, okay.

Can I be maid of honor?

Sure thing.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Dusty

How can you believe in something so obviously fake?

Lana
I woulda thought you'd want to turn water into malt liquor.

shrug

It is done, no refunds.

Sure thing.

Woohoo!

Dusty
How can you believe in something so obviously fake?

He's testing you, brother.

Barker

badabing
You're that sure huh? I'll pray for your eternal soul.prayangel

LanceWindu
He's testing you, brother.

If there was a supreme being overseeing us, he'd not let children die, especially from a terminal illness they are diagnosed with before they are even a year old.

Dusty
If there was a supreme being overseeing us, he'd not let children die, especially from a terminal illness they are diagnosed with before they are even a year old.

Those babies might cause the apocolypse. You never know. *shrug*.

Although I don't think they plan it out in their mother's womb.

Lana
Originally posted by badabing
You're that sure huh? I'll pray for your eternal soul.prayangel

I'd rather you didn't, thanks.

LanceWindu
Those babies might cause the apocolypse. You never know. *shrug*.

Although I don't think they plan it out in their mother's womb.

Yeah, thanks for basically saying my baby cousin who passed away is a sign of the apocalypse. no expression

Grand_Moff_Gav

So..your my Step Dad...I'm Jesus btw

Inspectah Deck

Imaginary?

Lana
What, do you have a problem in the fact I don't believe in any sort of god?

Yes, imaginary.

Dusty
Religion forum? messed

Lana
Religion forum? messed

I avoid that place for a reason.

badabing
I guess the other 85% percent of us are living under some sort of mass delusion. Hey, that's cool. Anyway, good luck with your marriage to God Lance. stick out tongue

JacopeX
::sigh:: not another one of these

Lana
Originally posted by badabing
I guess the other 85% percent of us are living under some sort of mass delusion. Hey, that's cool. Anyway, good luck with your marriage to God Lance. stick out tongue

Well if you want the truth what I think, then yes, I do believe that religion is one mass delusion happy

And btw, only a third of the world is Christian.

Barker
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f80/

Alpha Centauri
I'd rather you didn't, thanks.

What are you afraid of? You don't believe in God, let the man do what he wants. He's not hurting you, praying to an imaginary being, is he?

-AC

Spearhead
What I'm more concerned about is my hair turning red...

Lana
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
What are you afraid of? You don't believe in God, let the man do what he wants. He's not hurting you, praying to an imaginary being, is he?

-AC

I find the whole "you don't believe so I'll pray for you" thing extremely condescending, that's why.

Alpha Centauri

Why wouldn't he? That'd be like trying to teach a lion cub to hunt by keeping him in a cage and feeding him dead animals.

IF a supreme being did oversee us, what's there to say that he isn't just doing that? Overseeing?

-AC

Alpha Centauri
I find the whole "you don't believe so I'll pray for you" thing extremely condescending, that's why.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't find the whole "Yeah, you believe in an imaginary being" kind of comment to be too complimentary either.

I'm agnostic, I'm on neither side here, but a little practicing what you preach wouldn't go amiss.

-AC

Lana
I'm pretty sure he doesn't find the whole "Yeah, you believe in an imaginary being" kind of comment to be too complimentary either.

I'm agnostic, I'm on neither side here, but a little practicing what you preach wouldn't go amiss.

-AC

I do not believe that me saying that I do not believe any sort of god can exist and that religion is bull is the same as people who are religious preaching things like you'll go to hell if you don't believe and that they'll pray for my soul because I don't.

I'm not trying to make them believe what I do, I am simply stating what I do - and do not - believe in. If they believe differently I don't care, but I do not take kindly to any sort of attempts to try and make me believe otherwise, which is what I take things like that as.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Spearhead
What I'm more concerned about is my hair turning red...

It's as bright as Ronald McDonald's...

Why wouldn't he? That'd be like trying to teach a lion cub to hunt by keeping him in a cage and feeding him dead animals.

IF a supreme being did oversee us, what's there to say that he isn't just doing that? Overseeing?

-AC

IF there was, then how come people pray to this supreme being in hopes of a miracle if this supreme being does not intervene?

There are no miracles, it's all a game of chance.

EDIT: Just to clear the air...I consider myself agnostic, but at this point pretty much only something major which even I would have to call a miracle would get me to lean towards a god/gods. I'm falling towards athiest.

Alpha Centauri
I do not believe that me saying that I do not believe any sort of god can exist and that religion is bull is the same as people who are religious preaching things like you'll go to hell if you don't believe and that they'll pray for my soul because I don't.

I'm not trying to make them believe what I do, I am simply stating what I do - and do not - believe in. If they believe differently I don't care, but I do not take kindly to any sort of attempts to try and make me believe otherwise, which is what I take things like that as.

Why would you take it as an attempt to make you believe otherwise? He said simply asked you if you were sure, you said yes, he then said he'd pray for you. It doesn't affect you, does it? No, not in any kind of way. If it does, it's rather odd.

You have as much right to openly go about your beliefs as he does about his. I didn't see him attempt to force you to believe anything.

-AC

Alpha Centauri
IF there was, then how come people pray to this supreme being in hopes of a miracle if this supreme being does not intervene?

There are no miracles, it's all a game of chance.

The first part was answered in my previous post. Whether I agree with it or not (I'm agnostic as previously said), the idea of God isn't to be some kind of omnipotent babysitter. Catholics just pray to him because they feel he listens, that's all. Then, if something coincidentally happens, they class it as his work. Admittedly this is kind of stupid in my opinion, but it's up to them.

The most illogical argument is "If God exists why isn't he doing stuff for us.".

-AC

badabing
Well if you want the truth what I think, then yes, I do believe that religion is one mass delusion happy

And btw, only a third of the world is Christian.
I was considering all religions including Voodoo. fear

TheKingofKINGS!
I see. A woman who is still more dominate than yourself *w00t* I would just like to say, for the record, an attractive woman who can kick my ass is pretty ****ing hot.

Storm
Closed on request of the thread starter.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.