CAn super-man be beaten?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheKingofKINGS!

TheKingofKINGS!
Superman vs. Harry Potter
Gandalf doesn't create many visual displays of magic, but Harry Potter does. Even though he's just a teenager and hasn't completed his magical training, Harry Potter has plenty of ammunition against Superman. Whether it's something as silly as the Bat-Bogey Hex or as devastating as Avada Kedavra, Superman has no defense against magic.

The real question is whether Harry would stoop to using one of the Unforgivable Curses on Superman. With the Imperius Curse, Harry could force Superman to do something deadly, like walk into a room full of kryptonite. He could also debilitate Superman with the Cruciatus Curse, which causes pain so intense that it can drive victims insane. Or, he could kill Superman directly with the Killing Curse.

However, the three curses that could bring a swift and deadly end to a fight with Superman are also the three that Harry is least likely to use. All three are forbidden in the wizarding community. The only wizards who use them are Dark wizards, aligned with Voldemort. However, Harry has a Batman-like desire to avenge the killing of his parents. If Harry were convinced that Superman killed Lily and James Potter, he might react with the Unforgivable Curses.

SuperChangeling
Hulk beat superman twice.

Goku beat Superman.

roughrider
Originally posted by SuperChangeling

Goku beat Superman.

Superman has beaten Hulk three times in crossovers.

Many characters can beat Superman, of course. I won't make a long list now. Of your list, Gandalf has the best chance.
Wolverine as an irresistable object? God, fans love to overestimate Logan. He has virtually no chance against Superman.

MattDay
not that many really out of the whole comics universe can take superman when compared to the latter that can't.

logan isn't physically doing squat to a guy who can push planets out of their orbit, you drunk?

hulk has never beaten superman, i laugh at that allegation.

leave while your still standing on these forums

TheKingofKINGS!
Well, with Wolverine, it really all depends on his claws, and if they can peirce Superman. If they can't, he's ****ed one on noe. But with some of the other X-men, Logan could get some free hits. But Still, Wolverine can't beat Superman, unless his claws can peirce his skin. Otherwise, as I said, he's ****.

Oh, and Chuck Norris can beat Superman (kidding)

olympian

Goku beat Superman.

No

olympian
Originally posted by roughrider
Superman has beaten Hulk three times in crossovers.

Many characters can beat Superman, of course. I won't make a long list now. Of your list, Gandalf has the best chance.
Wolverine as an irresistable object? God, fans love to overestimate Logan. He has virtually no chance against Superman.

Also, no. He didnt beat Hulk three times.

Funny, two opositte sides that are equally wrong.

Tron
Originally posted by TheKingofKINGS!
Well, with Wolverine, it really all depends on his claws, and if they can peirce Superman. If they can't, he's ****ed one on noe. But with some of the other X-men, Logan could get some free hits. But Still, Wolverine can't beat Superman, unless his claws can peirce his skin. Otherwise, as I said, he's ****.

They can't.

TheKingofKINGS!
Ok, rather than just saying "They can't" why don't you rpove how. I actually came up with reason as to who and how some people could/couldn't beat Superman. Prove me wrong, don't just say I am.

snoochyboochies

Regardless of whether adamantium claws can penetrate supes' skin, Wolverine probably can't apply the force required to do it. Supes is supposed to be virtually invulnerable and adamantium virtually indestructable.

roughrider
Originally posted by olympian
Also, no. He didnt beat Hulk three times.

Funny, two opositte sides that are equally wrong.

(1) The first DC vs. Marvel, Superman won by knockout. (fan voted.)

(2) The second Superman/Spider Man crossover - by Jim Shooter & John Buscema - Superman would stand still and take every punch the Hulk threw, so to pluck the transmitter (driving Hulk mad) out of his ear. It worked, and Hulk just changed back to Banner with Supes calming him down.

(3) Hulk vs. Superman, by Roger Stern & Steve Rude. Superman would take a lot from the Hulk but eventually show him who's top dog.

MattDay
look these guys stated are pansies (potter especially) they aren't doing squat diddly

Praylu
Harry Potter....? confused

Tron
Ok, rather than just saying "They can't" why don't you rpove how. I actually came up with reason as to who and how some people could/couldn't beat Superman. Prove me wrong, don't just say I am.

Fine, I'll take the bait. For one, Superman has a biological force field around his body, which adds on extra durability to his body. Two, you have to be pretty strong to even scratch Superman, which Wolverine is not. He can barely cut Hulk, you think he's gonna cut Superman?

There, is that satisfactory enough for ya'?

Tron

(2) The second Superman/Spider Man crossover - by Jim Shooter & John Buscema - Superman would stand still and take every punch the Hulk threw, so to pluck the transmitter (driving Hulk mad) out of his ear. It worked, and Hulk just changed back to Banner with Supes calming him down.

(3) Hulk vs. Superman, by Roger Stern & Steve Rude. Superman would take a lot from the Hulk but eventually show him who's top dog.

I thought the second one was the first time?

roughrider
Originally posted by Tron
I thought the second one was the first time?

Yes, that's right. The list isn't chronological.

TheKingofKINGS!
Originally posted by Tron
Fine, I'll take the bait. For one, Superman has a biological force field around his body, which adds on extra durability to his body. Two, you have to be pretty strong to even scratch Superman, which Wolverine is not. He can barely cut Hulk, you think he's gonna cut Superman?

There, is that satisfactory enough for ya'?
Yeah that works.

Personally, I think the only one on that list who could beat superman is Gandalf.

And maybe a Jedi.

sithsaber408
Yeah that works.

Personally, I think the only one on that list who could beat superman is Gandalf.

And maybe a Jedi.

Yeah, Yoda could hang with Supes.

If he can stop large pods that way several tons being pushed down at him with the force, stop them in mid-air and send them back no less, he might have a shot at stopping supes flight.

pr1983
Originally posted by sithsaber408
Yeah, Yoda could hang with Supes.

If he can stop large pods that way several tons being pushed down at him with the force, stop them in mid-air and send them back no less, he might have a shot at stopping supes flight.

but what about heat vision or freeze breath?

not forgetting that anything superman throws at yoda would be a hell of alot faster than any of the pods palpatine was throwing...

sithsaber408
Originally posted by pr1983
but what about heat vision or freeze breath?

not forgetting that anything superman throws at yoda would be a hell of alot faster than any of the pods palpatine was throwing...

True enough.

I don't think Yoda would win or anything, but I think he could hang.

Plus, he can stop/absorb Force lightning, so perhaps he could block/absorb freeze breath or heat vision with the Force?

pr1983
True enough.

Plus, he can stop/absorb Force lightning, so perhaps he could block/absorb freeze breath or heat vision with the Force?

it'd be a tall order...

Up In Flames
couldnt professor x put superman in a psychic coma? Happy Dance

MattDay
i don't know, i think superman would be fighting off prof x's mind control so much that he'd have to stop what he's doing to fight it off, making him slightly vulnerable to heavy hitters, but is there any in this thread that could do the damage like darksied is able to do?

Psyquis52
Godzilla.

Seriously though. Godzilla wins. The guy has taken nuclear explosions and it doesn't do a thing. Not that cheap American Godzilla either. Recently in Final Wars the real Godzilla took on the American version and ther real deal finished off that cheap iguana Godzilla rip off with two moves. It was sad and really funny.

olympian

1- And as fan vote, it has no bearing whatsoever.

2- Stalemate. Hulk BFR him and then SM showed up again and calmed him down. What you just said was only the second part of it.

3- Again, stalemate. They both BFR each other.

pr1983
Originally posted by Up In Flames
couldnt professor x put superman in a psychic coma? Happy Dance

he'd have to do it faster than superman can get accross the battlefield to him... and superman isn't bad at resisting telepaths...

GODOFALL1
There's probably like 10 different warriors from DBZ/DBGT that would annihilate Superman. The guys got weaknesses, and they would be easy to exploit. Not that Goku or Majin Buu would ever need to exploit his weaknesses to destroy him.

what about thor?

big juggy man
Here is a thing about Wolverine claws that i explained in another post.Marvel states they can cut through just about anything as long as Wolverine can get enough force behind it.There is no way Wolverine could do this on his own.Wolverine dies in a second or less against Superman.
Tons of guys could beat Superman so let me name a few.
1. Juggernaut.He can't beat hurt physically so what could Superman do to stop him?And don't say he will throw him into space because if it was that simple then any guy who could fly and was powerful would just do that.And trying to destroy the earth isn't a win.
2. Flash.
3.Apocalyspe if Marvel writes him the way his powers say he should be.
4. Thor.
5. Tyrant.
6. Galactus
7. Silver Surfer.
8. Phoenix.
9. Thanos
10 Odin
I could name tons of more guys who would crush Superman like a child.

Endless Mike
Jedi: Only if they use Thought Bomb

X - Men: Phoenix could or Professor X

Gandalf: If the Valar allowed him to use his full power.

Harry Potter: No.

a_jedi_trait
It has too be a Jedi well a sith i was thinking because remember a sith has that power when they can inflict damage to the inside to someone heard like they have a head acke.

The Unknown
There are plenty of characters that could easily beat him, but the only ones on your poll that could do it would be telepathic X-Men. Even then, it would be a race between whether Superman could reach them before they use their power.

a_jedi_trait
A sith could use mind power and crush his nerves in his brain

The Unknown
Originally posted by a_jedi_trait
A sith could use mind power and crush his nerves in his brain

I don't know anything about the EU, but in the movies IIRC, the heaviest thing that the Force has lifted is something like the Senate seat. How exactly is that going to hurt Superman?

Ultraman Baltan
Gandolf and Potter characters win. Clarke's weak against magic.

Endless Mike
I say again:

Thought Bomb

Galvaclaw
I would point out Superman's not an idiot. They both look magic. Harry Potter carries a wand and Gandal carries a staff. I think Superman is smart enough to sidestep their attacks.

Tron
Originally posted by Psyquis52
Godzilla.

Seriously though. Godzilla wins. The guy has taken nuclear explosions and it doesn't do a thing. Not that cheap American Godzilla either. Recently in Final Wars the real Godzilla took on the American version and ther real deal finished off that cheap iguana Godzilla rip off with two moves. It was sad and really funny.

Where did this happen? That sounds like a good candidate for the Character Ownage Thread. laughing out loud

Bicnarok
pointless question, Superman has come back from near defeat against the odds many times, its his heart, snese for goodness and will which are his true strengths.

((The_Anomaly))
First off, a Jedi cannot beat Superman. There's nothing a Jedi can do that would be capable of hurting him, including a lightsaber. Superman is invulnerable, and far too fast, and far too strong. A lightsaber would hit him and do nothing, if he can survive a supernova, then a lightsaber aint gonna do shit to harm him physically. The ONLY thing a Jedi could presumably do is hold him in one place with the force (so he couldn't move, not even Superman is strong enough to beat the force) however, There's nothing the Jedi could do to actually hurt him, so the best they could do is run away. Not that it would matter seeing as Supes is so fast he could kill all the Jedi in the Jedi temple before they even knew what was going on.

A fight with Yoda and Superman would go like this:

*Yoda looks at Superman, Supes seemingly disappears (Superspeed) and breaks Yoda's neck before he can even form a thought* End fight. Jedi are not fast enough to do anything if Superman wanted them dead. As I said, he could go into the Jedi temple, kill everyone there before 99% of them knew what was happening.

As for the X-men, what ones are we talking about here? Most of the X-men however are again not fast or strong enough to compete with Supes at all. Even the psychic ones are susceptible to his superspeed because Superman moves faster then the mind can form a thought. So...Prof. X isn't going to be able to think about controlling Supes, because he'd be long dead before he could. Not to mention Superman has a pretty good mental defences, so it would take Prof. X even longer to do anything (same with Jean Grey) Most of the rest of the X-men Superman could just stand there and laugh at as they "attempted" to harm him, which they couldn't.

Harry potter is human, and his spells are pretty crappy. And he is again susceptible to the "Supes moving before he can think" thing. So he loses.

Gandalf has the best shot here as his magic abilities are very powerful, but he again must think and cast the spell, by which time he would be dead.

There are people who can beat Superman, but not any of the people that are in this list. (depending on which X-men we're talking about)

Bicnarok

Endless Mike
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
First off, a Jedi cannot beat Superman. There's nothing a Jedi can do that would be capable of hurting him, including a lightsaber. Superman is invulnerable, and far too fast, and far too strong. A lightsaber would hit him and do nothing, if he can survive a supernova, then a lightsaber aint gonna do shit to harm him physically. The ONLY thing a Jedi could presumably do is hold him in one place with the force (so he couldn't move, not even Superman is strong enough to beat the force) however, There's nothing the Jedi could do to actually hurt him, so the best they could do is run away. Not that it would matter seeing as Supes is so fast he could kill all the Jedi in the Jedi temple before they even knew what was going on.

A fight with Yoda and Superman would go like this:

*Yoda looks at Superman, Supes seemingly disappears (Superspeed) and breaks Yoda's neck before he can even form a thought* End fight. Jedi are not fast enough to do anything if Superman wanted them dead. As I said, he could go into the Jedi temple, kill everyone there before 99% of them knew what was happening.

Apparently you have not considered the Thought Bomb.

Thought Bomb would not only kill him, but also anyone else who is non - cosmic.

((The_Anomaly))
Did you realise that no Jedi are capable of preforming a thought bomb. Its a darkside technique. AND it has only ever been preformed ONCE before by Lord Kaan (all other times its been "used" -which is 3 in total- are unproven and not known if it was ACTUALLY a thought bomb) So only one person ever did it, yet you make it sound as if any Sith (because Jedi CANT use it) could just bust out a thought bomb whenever he felt like it. Kaan did it, and no one has ever done, or been able to do it since. Not only that but Darth Bane and Zannah managed to survive it, if they can live through it then Superman (who has survived black holes and Supernova explosions) has a pretty good chance of living I'd say.

Not to mention the exact WORDS are "thought bomb" Superman moves faster then they can think to use it (faster then thought). So they die before ever being able to pull it off.

Nice try though.

Heres a link to what your talking about, maybe you should learn about things before you try to argue with them.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Thought_bomb

Darth Martin
Martian Manhunter
Silver Surfer
Thor
need I go on.

Up In Flames
here's a list of characters i reckon can take the original superman:
1. Hulk (at full power)
2. Classic Juggernaut
3. Professor X
4. The Mask
5. Neo

Galvaclaw
Neo and Professor X are debatable. Neo has no Superman level feats and no evidence other than hyperbole to support the idea that he is omnipotent in the matrix. As for Professor X, Superman has impressive psi resistance. He's been able to to shrug of numerous high powered mental attacks. The others could do it.

Endless Mike
All that is proven is that it can be done, not to mention the user could make himself invisible and undetectable (that's another Force power) while he uses it.

And the ones who survived it most likely did so through some application of the Force, which Superman doesn't have.

MattDay
the original superman was like the hulk, couldn't fly just jump big distances, super strong, high resistance... that's about it... sounds like im describing hulk

The-Judge
superman would speedblitz them

MattDay
that's the obvious route he'd go, as when he's going all out his speed is constantly up full blast, that's why the red sun superman beat the living crap outa the gl corps, ww, doomsday and so on, potential is crazy

Up In Flames
original superman attributes:
> faster than a speeding bullet (not light, mind you)
> leap tall buildings in a single bound (i'll just give him his flight)
> more powerful than a locomotive (i dont mind his strength in any era, so i'll just let him keep his current strength)
> vast durability

and since im so kind, ill let him keep the following:
> heat vision
> ice breath

there. now you can all make your comments...

pr1983
original superman attributes:
> faster than a speeding bullet (not light, mind you)
> leap tall buildings in a single bound (i'll just give him his flight)
> more powerful than a locomotive (i dont mind his strength in any era, so i'll just let him keep his current strength)
> vast durability

and since im so kind, ill let him keep the following:
> heat vision
> ice breath

there. now you can all make your comments...

neo is a non-fight. neo, time and time again has shown he has human durability... its only his speed & strength that helps him...

professor x still needs a headstart...

hulk for all his strength still cant match supes' speed... in a slugfest supes goes down, if supes fights intelligently he can take it imo...

he can't hurt juggs, but i guess he could do the old 'throw em into the sun' routine...

Neutro
Professor X probably could, but even though this isn't on the list, Shazam would probably destroy him. Kingdom Come comic proves this. Batman would have a good chance until he ran out of tricks, and that's if Superman were holding back. SHAZAM!

Ultraman Baltan
GFW Godzilla would have a damn good chance
Ultrafather could beat him 10/10
Ultraman King would slaughter Supes
Captain Marvel(DC) could take him
Ultraman Zoffy a has a good chance of winning
Ultraman(Japanese original) has enough powers to defeat him
Ultraman Taro is possibly stronger, so he might win
Juda would KILL him
Thor would beat him
Martian Manhunter could
Galactus would obliterate him

((The_Anomaly))
Captain Marvel vs Supes

http://youtube.com/watch?v=B2BvSqqmidM

Up In Flames
Originally posted by pr1983
neo is a non-fight. neo, time and time again has shown he has human durability... its only his speed & strength that helps him...

professor x still needs a headstart...

hulk for all his strength still cant match supes' speed... in a slugfest supes goes down, if supes fights intelligently he can take it imo...

he can't hurt juggs, but i guess he could do the old 'throw em into the sun' routine...

neo has vast durability (although not as much as supes) and he also has telekinetic abilities, which play a significant role here...

the speed of thought surpasses the speed of anything in the universe, so there's his head start...

as for hulk's speed, he's been shown to dodge missiles and slap away bullets with his forearms so comparing that to speeding bullet supes, hulk has a big chance against him...

i have to get back to work, so i'll comment on jugs later

pr1983
neo has vast durability (although not as much as supes) and he also has telekinetic abilities, which play a significant role here...

the speed of thought surpasses the speed of anything in the universe, so there's his head start...

as for hulk's speed, he's been shown to dodge missiles and slap away bullets with his forearms so comparing that to speeding bullet supes, hulk has a big chance against him...

i have to get back to work, so i'll comment on jugs later

tk wont help him when supes can move faster than neo can manipulate the matrix around him... and how durable are you saying neo is?

no, it doesnt... superman moves fatser than thought, he has done several times...

im not saying hulk is slow, but superman is several times faster than the hulk...

laughing sorry, couldnt help it...

The Unknown
Neo's not super-durable. IIRC, a punch from one of the Merovingian's henchmen made him bleed. Neo wouldn't stand a chance.

Neutro
Neo doesn't have powers in the real world, only in the Matrix. SO, unless Neo and Superman were in The Matrix, he'd have some chance, otherwise... Superman would destroy him like any other mortal.

MattDay
that is true, how would superman be input into the system if he can't be penetrated?

pr1983
Originally posted by MattDay
that is true, how would superman be input into the system if he can't be penetrated?

He'd have to be under a red sun... which is a handicap already...

MattDay
what? i have read no handicap of being in a red sun situation?

pr1983
what? i have read no handicap of being in a red sun situation?

Superman does... his powers are drained...

superman41082

Goku beat Superman.

You're full of crap dude..... Quit with the Superman hating. Supes wooped on Hulk and Goku has never fought him. If he did..... Supes would reluctantly mop the floor with his shrimpy flailing carcuss.

MattDay
it doesn't say that anywhere, it just says, who can beat superman, and the answer is... none!

Up In Flames
i can beat superman... give me a piece of kryptonite and i'll beat him to death!

Galvaclaw
Yeah because that really hepled Superboy prime...

MattDay
he'd kill u, ur a normal person... you could hold it, but he'd could hit you really hard before it takes all his strength, blow you away with his breathe, melt u with his heat vision... or run away... you couldnt catch him if he ran or flew away at light speed... see my point, hater?

S.G
True enough.

Plus, he can stop/absorb Force lightning, so perhaps he could block/absorb freeze breath or heat vision with the Force? laughing What Yoda does is nothing to what Superman can and has done, speedblitz and Yodas dead, end off. laughing out loud Thats why I dislike star wars forums. roll eyes (sarcastic)

olympian
Hasent he been beaten before?

Well, this one takes the DUH award for me.

Up In Flames
he'd kill u, ur a normal person... you could hold it, but he'd could hit you really hard before it takes all his strength, blow you away with his breathe, melt u with his heat vision... or run away... you couldnt catch him if he ran or flew away at light speed... see my point, hater?

you do know that lex physically and literally whupped supe's ass in SR. i dont think it would be any different if lex and i traded places.

get my drift, fool?

Galvaclaw
Sure you could beat movie Superman in those conditions. Lex had a whole continent of Krytonite to work with as well as the lump in his hand. Try that on comic Superman and you'd be in trouble.

MattDay
this guy in the pic is u...

Up In Flames
by piece of krytonite, i mean like a football size piece of rock. gimme that and i'll stomp da sh_t out 'im...

Galvaclaw
Superboy Prime did the same thing. It shattered on his head. Lex fought Superman in a kryptonite robot and its blows didn't hurt him much. Face it Superman isn't as weak to Krytonite as he used to be be.

Up In Flames
oh... now you tell me...!

redcaped
Braniac beats him not physically but with the use of technology. An equal force he faced in the Fleisher's Cartoon "Magnetic Telescope" he lost conscience.

xmarksthespot
Can Superman be beaten?

Yes... by Captain Jack Sparrow.. shifty

batdude123
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Can Superman be beaten?

Yes... by Captain Jack Sparrow.. shifty

laughing

olympian
Originally posted by superman41082
You're full of crap dude..... Quit with the Superman hating. Supes wooped on Hulk and Goku has never fought him. If he did..... Supes would reluctantly mop the floor with his shrimpy flailing carcuss.
Your also full of crap considering the only time Superman wooped Hulk was on a fan vote match where he stated he gave everything he had.

So your both kind of even, here.

Scoobless
http://img38.exs.cx/img38/1688/wolverineVSSuperman.jpg

stick out tongue

Doc Potato
Superman vs. Harry Potter
Gandalf doesn't create many visual displays of magic, but Harry Potter does. Even though he's just a teenager and hasn't completed his magical training, Harry Potter has plenty of ammunition against Superman. Whether it's something as silly as the Bat-Bogey Hex or as devastating as Avada Kedavra, Superman has no defense against magic.

The real question is whether Harry would stoop to using one of the Unforgivable Curses on Superman. With the Imperius Curse, Harry could force Superman to do something deadly, like walk into a room full of kryptonite. He could also debilitate Superman with the Cruciatus Curse, which causes pain so intense that it can drive victims insane. Or, he could kill Superman directly with the Killing Curse.

However, the three curses that could bring a swift and deadly end to a fight with Superman are also the three that Harry is least likely to use. All three are forbidden in the wizarding community. The only wizards who use them are Dark wizards, aligned with Voldemort. However, Harry has a Batman-like desire to avenge the killing of his parents. If Harry were convinced that Superman killed Lily and James Potter, he might react with the Unforgivable Curses. You're an idiot. Batman didnt kill Joe Chill and why would he usean unforgivable curse on him? harry would be more likely to kill SUpes if he had a HARRY POTTER-like need to avenge his parents deaths...

Marth18
The atom can kill superman!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.