Question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules
Ok so I was watching SW 3 ROTS yesterday and to put it shortly Palpatine mentioned that knowing the ways of the dark side of the force you could bring people back from the dead. Ok skip ahead to the near end where Palpatine breaks the news to vader that Padme is dead, why didn't Anakin ask Palpatine to help him bring her back from the dead?

Rampant ox
Palpatine doesnt say that he can bring people back from the dead does he? I thought he only said that he could stop people from dying, and even then Palps didnt say that he knew how to - but only that Plageus (sp) knew how.

AstroFan
Never said back from the dead, only keep people from dying and to create life.

steverules
I'm pretty sure he said he could them back. And Plageus I believe taught his Padawan everything he knew, isn't Palpatine his Padawan?

JediJim
Palpatine said to create life and to keep from dying,not actually bring them back from the dead. And I'm pretty sure it was something Palpatine hadn't learned before he killed Plageus. He was just stringing Anakin along so he would turn to the Dark Side.

Rampant ox
I just checked, and it doesnt say that he can bring people back from the dead. And yes, Palpatine is Plageus' apprentice but Anakin/Vader doest know that,so he couldnt make the assumption and ask palpatine to bring Padme back.

smoker4
Originally posted by JediJim
Palpatine said to create life and to keep from dying,not actually bring them back from the dead. And I'm pretty sure it was something Palpatine hadn't learned before he killed Plageus. He was just stringing Anakin along so he would turn to the Dark Side.

steverules
But he was sure Palpatine could help him. If you can create life couldn't you create life for Padme?

JediJim
Yes Anakin was sure Palpatine could help him....to stop Padme from dying like he was seeing in his dreams. And I'm pretty sure he was talking about creating new life not putting life back into an already deceased person.

steverules
I don't understand how they create new life, what does it mean when they say that? What kind of new life can they create?

JaehSkywalker
can't palpatine tranfer life of someone into another body? i think i read that in a book somewhere..

smoker4
Originally posted by JaehSkywalker
can't palpatine tranfer life of someone into another body? i think i read that in a book somewhere..

EU sick

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Palpatine's a liar!!!

Palps talking to Ani about preventing death>>>
EP3
The Seduction-scene:
"The ability to cheat death only one has achieved, but if we work together we could discover the secret!"

Palps talking to Ani about his Master>>>
EP3
The Opera-scene:
"He could stop the ones he cared about from dieing....."
"Fortunatly my Master taught me EVERYTHING he knew....etc....."

Palps just used this to get Anakin over to the Dark Side, it's all part of the plan!

MC_GG
Originally posted by steverules
Ok so I was watching SW 3 ROTS yesterday and to put it shortly Palpatine mentioned that knowing the ways of the dark side of the force you could bring people back from the dead. Ok skip ahead to the near end where Palpatine breaks the news to vader that Padme is dead, why didn't Anakin ask Palpatine to help him bring her back from the dead?

Ok let's get this straight. Everything Palpatine told Anakin about Sith bringing back people from the dead are probably bull****. Even if Palpatine could bring Padme back, he'd have told Anakin that he tried and he failed. His plan was flawless in turning Anakin into Vader. So there. Besides i'm sure Anakin knew that Palpatine was Plageuis' apprentice. I mean come on, if someone told you a story like that, wouldn't you ask yourself how that person knows so much about him/her.

Jedi Priestess
I don't understand how they create new life, what does it mean when they say that? What kind of new life can they create?

Doesnt matter as he was lying.

JediRobin23
Palpatine knew Padme was going to die just as much as Anakin knew. Palpatine knowing this, used it to his advantage, cause I bet a million bucks, Palpatine seen the same dreams Anakin did, if not caused it. Padme's death was inevitable, because eventually Luke brings balance to the force, in the way it was meant to happen.

overlord
Just clone the b!tch.. sleepy

Council#13
Originally posted by overlord

laughing

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by overlord

laughing out loud

KingDubya
Stevey! I sorta miss you (though no one else from Magic's does).
Originally posted by Rampant ox
I just checked, and it doesnt say that he can bring people back from the dead. And yes, Palpatine is Plageus' apprentice but Anakin/Vader doest know that,so he couldnt make the assumption and ask palpatine to bring Padme back.
yes

steverules
Originally posted by KingDubya
Stevey! I sorta miss you (though no one else from Magic's does).

yes

Uh thanks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.