Warpath vs. Venom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jarlaxle
I think this is a pretty good Matchup, does Venom stand a chance with his healing factor and agility?

Incase you're not up to date on Warpath.

According to the official handbook of the Marvel Universe (2005), Warpath's mutant physiology gives him superhuman strength in the class 100 range; allowing him to lift (press) up to 100 tons with maximum effort. His speed, endurance, and durability are all well into the superhuman range as well. He has enhanced senses. His massive physique, which manifested itself sometime before he joined X-Force, is another aspect of his mutant powers. He also carries a pair of Vibranium knives, given by former member- Storm, that can cut through almost any substance, including the otherwise indestructible Adamantium.

Sin I AM
the Indian...oops Native American roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

Broly92
I liked his dead brother better sad

Whittdawg92
The original warpath was a short lived badass m.f.

Jarlaxle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Thunderbirdx.png

Jarlaxle
Im pretty sure that is Warpath, allthough it says Thunderbird...

And by original warpath do you man Thunderbird?

Broly92
I meant THUNDERBIRD(John Proudstar) who died in his second or third comic he appeared in

Jarlaxle
I guess at the time they weren't ready for a Native superhero :P

Broly92
Originally posted by Jarlaxle
I guess at the time they weren't ready for a Native superhero :P
Racist sons of a bit**

Jarlaxle
I'm not Racist, I am 1/4th native....You realize Racism was an Issue back then, as far as popularity among heroes, and stuff goes...why do you think they killed thunderbird off in a few comics? Why do you think that is? He wasn't popular of course. and Im saying in 1975 (when he was introduced) racism could have played a factor. Please don't be ignorant.

Broly92
I'm not Racist, I am 1/4th native....You realize Racism was an Issue back then, as far as popularity among heroes, and stuff goes...why do you think they killed thunderbird off in a few comics? Why do you think that is? He wasn't popular of course. and Im saying in 1975 (when he was introduced) racism could have played a factor. Please don't be ignorant.
Didn't mean you thats why I said SONS as in more than opne as in the people bacck then

Jarlaxle
lol im sorry, i misunderstood.

Jarlaxle
Anyways, who would win?

Broly92
lol im sorry, i misunderstood.
It's cool smokin'

manjaro
the only thing venom got going for him his is healing factor, but when brock had auctioned it off to a bunch of bad guys in spiderman(mk) i believe...we learned that venom's strentgh is contingent on the host's lvl of hatred, and not just the the plain ol 1 ton above spiderman anymore. in fact, these days he's somewhere around class80, but warpath is cold blooded. he kills bad guys without batting an eye so he wont be on the defensive like most heroes would to avoid killing, no not this guy. he's basically wolverine with super strentgh

Jyppe
Venom 80 tons.. Umm, What comics have you been reading? Venom's upperfeats put him max in the 65 - 70 ton range. Which is VERY MAX limit for him!

He was first considered 11 tons (or little more) then after few issues and storylines 25 tons and after he sucked Carnage's symbiote and a clone of his own symbiote he grew up to 50 and over. But there are no feats what so ever to back up 80 ton range.. Any feats you remember?

Besides, has this hate equals strength thing been confirmed? in a comic book? I've relied on the theory (hasn't been confirmed though. well, not entirely) that The symbiote relies on the host's adrealine level. Brock was a huge guy. He was tall and weight a lot too. His body could have been able to produce huge amount of adrealine if needed, but he had to become pissed off or driven by another strong feeling. Now, Carnage's host Cletus was insane and thus his base strength level was higher because the host would emit adrealine constantly.

ExodusCloak
I seem to remember Warpath being able to fly as well....I also remember reading an article that the writers of Uncanny are going to ignore that particular power for the Shiar/Vulcan thing.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I always thought Venom was class 100. He just seems so strong. Especially in the DC vs Marvel when Supers fought him. He bragged that he had went toe to toe with the juggernaut. to which supers replied so have I. or was that all access. Aarg. read to many comics over the years.

Sam Z
I think this is a pretty good Matchup, does Venom stand a chance with his healing factor and agility?

Incase you're not up to date on Warpath.

According to the official handbook of the Marvel Universe (2005), Warpath's mutant physiology gives him superhuman strength in the class 100 range; allowing him to lift (press) up to 100 tons with maximum effort. His speed, endurance, and durability are all well into the superhuman range as well. He has enhanced senses. His massive physique, which manifested itself sometime before he joined X-Force, is another aspect of his mutant powers. He also carries a pair of Vibranium knives, given by former member- Storm, that can cut through almost any substance, including the otherwise indestructible Adamantium.

Wiki says Warpath is only class 75. Not that i trust wiki much but still.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Sam Z
Wiki says Warpath is only class 75. Not that i trust wiki much but still.

I think he got an upgrade since his Hellion days.

Jyppe
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
I always thought Venom was class 100. He just seems so strong. Especially in the DC vs Marvel when Supers fought him. He bragged that he had went toe to toe with the juggernaut. to which supers replied so have I. or was that all access. Aarg. read to many comics over the years.

It was the other way around. Supes was weakened by the red sun radiation or what ever it was. Some people say he had gotten some sort of virus or something before the events in his own comic and it had affected the the fight.

Whittdawg92
i still think the white guy's gonna beat the native dude, like he's done so many times sad . Thunder for the win.

jinzin
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
I always thought Venom was class 100. He just seems so strong. Especially in the DC vs Marvel when Supers fought him. He bragged that he had went toe to toe with the juggernaut. to which supers replied so have I. or was that all access. Aarg. read to many comics over the years. ack.. venom's no 100 class character... he's around 50-60 tons.. tops.. the only piece of evidence that supports otherwise is the fact that spiderman THOUGHT he was as strong as thing.. does that make venom as strong as thing? hell no!....

well I'd like to see what venom's capible of in this new BEYOND series... thus far the new venom while A LOT stronger than classic venom, is still a puss when it comes to sticking around for a fight.. since the alien doesn't have a strong bond to the host and the host doesn't have as much determination and hatred for spiderman as brock used to have.. the symbiote seems to easily be pushed away from the host in times of stress... hell spidey beat the symbiote off angelo with his bare fists...

if this were eddie in the new venom suit... a version of venom which lasted for all of 3 panals in all his "the size of a small house" glory... then he would curb warpath... well maybe not.. but it would be a good fight... all other versions after brock lose... regardless of upgrades.

Jyppe
How do you know the new Venom will be stronger than the classic one?

jinzin
Originally posted by Jyppe
How do you know the new Venom will be stronger than the classic one? no expression

because of this:

jinzin

Whittdawg92
what about it?

jinzin
How do you know the new Venom will be stronger than the classic one? no expression

Big Sexy
It was the other way around. Supes was weakened by the red sun radiation or what ever it was. Some people say he had gotten some sort of virus or something before the events in his own comic and it had affected the the fight. I dont know where you guys get your info from but their is nothing that states that. People need to stop making sh*t up.

Sam Z
Before the upgrade Venom was beating Carnage pretty often and he held his own against very strong characters like Juggernaut, Ironman, Thing and Hulk. Now he is twice stronger than he used to be. And the only thing that is effective against him - sonics. So he could win this.

Jyppe
Originally posted by jinzin
no expression

because of this:

Umm, what does that prove anyways? And I tought you were talking about the new Venom character, not the symbiote. Besides, the symbiote isn't that new either. Last time we saw Eddie Venom he was selling the symbiote. Just before that, in another storyline The symbiote permanently combined with Brock (He had cancer at the time, in the storyline they reveal that Eddie had cancer before finding the symbiote and the symbiote was attracted to cancer patients.) It seems that the writers of the Scorpio-venom storyline have ignored these few story twists.

I don't like your attitude. I read the information somewhere here. I don't remember if anyone provided any evidences but it sounded reasonable. Please, tell me you're not thinking Venom could take Super-man normally..? You can't be that ignorant.

Sam Z
Umm, what does that prove anyways?...

It proves that Venom merged with his clone and became almost twice as strong as before...

Jyppe
Yet it's only talk talk talk. It's not a feat or anything. I'm not sure where you got this "twice the strength" thing. Venom hasn't shown anything new after those events. It seems this merger was ignored by the writers.
Man I hope Venom would go back to the roots. Eddie Brock would be cured from the cancer and he'd got the symbiote back from that Scorpion loser.

Sam Z
Yet it's only talk talk talk. It's not a feat or anything. I'm not sure where you got this "twice the strength" thing. Venom hasn't shown anything new after those events. It seems this merger was ignored by the writers.
Man I hope Venom would go back to the roots. Eddie Brock would be cured from the cancer and he'd got the symbiote back from that Scorpion loser.

Well, twice because clone was almost as strong as original and then they became one...
He hadn't any chances to show his strength because he sold symbiote soon after that.
And I agree with "scorpion loser" part.

Whittdawg92
scorpion venom was a good idea, but it ended up sucking.

Jyppe
But... How do we know it's twi-... I give up. Ah it's pointless to argue this. Venom had 50 ton feats even before he got the "second" symbiote.. Besides. I've read the storyline. IMO, it kinda sucked.

Big Sexy
Umm, what does that prove anyways? And I tought you were talking about the new Venom character, not the symbiote. Besides, the symbiote isn't that new either. Last time we saw Eddie Venom he was selling the symbiote. Just before that, in another storyline The symbiote permanently combined with Brock (He had cancer at the time, in the storyline they reveal that Eddie had cancer before finding the symbiote and the symbiote was attracted to cancer patients.) It seems that the writers of the Scorpio-venom storyline have ignored these few story twists.

I don't like your attitude. I read the information somewhere here. I don't remember if anyone provided any evidences but it sounded reasonable. Please, tell me you're not thinking Venom could take Super-man normally..? You can't be that ignorant. I enjoyed the turn around especially since there are many opponents who Job to Superman. CA, GL Kyle, Flash, GL HAl, MM should all be stronger than Superman yet they are written to job far to often. Superman does it once and no one can accept it. Whatever helps you sleep at night. Venom beating Superman is no different than Superman beating Darkseid.

Jyppe
Originally posted by Big Sexy
I enjoyed the turn around especially since there are many opponents who Job to Superman. CA, GL Kyle, Flash, GL HAl, MM should all be stronger than Superman yet they are written to job far to often. Superman does it once and no one can accept it. Whatever helps you sleep at night. Venom beating Superman is no different than Superman beating Darkseid.

Difference between Darkseid Jobbing to Superman and Super-man jobbing to Venom is that Venom is TOTALLY out of his league. I understand why people job to him because he's the good guy. In the end he has to win. Besides Darkseid jobs to everyone stick out tongue

Big Sexy
Difference between Darkseid Jobbing to Superman and Super-man jobbing to Venom is that Venom is TOTALLY out of his league. I understand why people job to him because he's the good guy. In the end he has to win. Besides Darkseid jobs to everyone stick out tongue Dude Superman is completely out of his league with Darkseid. There as far as Superman is from Venom.

Jyppe
Apparently they aren't that far off. How many times has Darkseid actually beat Supes?

Soleran
Difference between Darkseid Jobbing to Superman and Super-man jobbing to Venom is that Venom is TOTALLY out of his league. I understand why people job to him because he's the good guy. In the end he has to win. Besides Darkseid jobs to everyone stick out tongue

I found that post Amusing, especially since they now say only DS avatars have been fighting not the real DS.

Jyppe
Exactly. Remember who go owned by DD? I was bit D'oh when I first read it.. But it all makes sense now *Rolls eyes*

jinzin

you're getting your time lines mixed up...
look... what you're reffering to (the cncer thing) is the storyling that takes place in the spiderman arc called "the hunger".. the hunger takes place LONG before the venom ongoing series ends... If you don't know about what happened in the venom ongoing series... venom had a run in with the fantastic four... HT shot off venom's tongue and a company got to the symbiote piece and cloned it into an entire replica of the venom symbiote.. only the clone was able to survive without a host... and was self propelled... the self propelled symbiote tapped into a TON of powers that had never before been displayed by brock.... aside from the fact that it only used a host as food and not a necessary symbiosis, it absorbed cockroaches and their ability to withstand a nuclear holocaust.. it adapted to flames (almost completely) and sonic weaponry.. AND displayed low level TP.. it was completely capable of going into the thoughts and memories of someone that was just sitting next to it.

AFTER brock had rebonded with the symbiote in the hunger storyline he took off in search of the "tongue" and eventually confronted the symbiote clone in a fight... at the very end of the series THAT happened.. he combined himself with the clone.. it upped all his stats x2 and he was the size of a small house... literally... shortly thereafter he sold the symbiote... so yeah.. the symbiote isn't new in a sense but it's WAYYYY stronger and more deadly now than it EVER was when spiderman faced brock.. as i said before.. the issue isn't the powers it has however.. it's issue is the cowardly hosts it keeps finding who don't know how to use them...

for instance venom NEVER used to be frequently effected by spiderman's punches.. but then when angelo-venom showed up and spidey noticed the MASSIVE increase in strength, he also managed to pound the symbiote off of angelo with FISTS...

jinzin
Man I hope Venom would go back to the roots. Eddie Brock would be cured from the cancer and he'd got the symbiote back from that Scorpion loser. what are you talking about he picks up an armored truck with one hand and slings it two stories at spiderman.. he gets smashed with a gas tanker and doesn't even bother with the explosion.. hell even spiderman noticed the increase in strength when he compared venom's strength to THINGS... all talk? hardly..

Jyppe
Hmm.. Sorry then. I just didn't remember those events. And, I thought the clone symbiote could do all those things because it was selfaware. When did it become nearly immune to flames?

Humm.. When did this happen? What issue? Was it the scorpio venom?

btw, what do you think will come of Eddie now? (He's in a hostpital in a very bad shape.. Right?)

Sam Z

Humm.. When did this happen? What issue? Was it the scorpio venom?

btw, what do you think will come of Eddie now? (He's in a hostpital in a very bad shape.. Right?)

It was a scorpion-venom.
I don't remember the issue but Spider-man there saved puppy but forgot about the driver...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.