Miami Vice Nostalgia

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dr. Zaius
I just picked up Miami Vice Seasons 1 and 2 and have been pouring through them! The bright pastel lanscapes, the cars, the dated 80's music--Sweet Jesus!

I'll admit that some of my fascination with the show is probably due to the fact that I was a kid growing up in the mid 80's. However, after all these years, I'm impressed with how well the show stands up. Its gritty, noir pathos hasn't lost much of its edge--funny, since most people associate the show with substanceless early MTV era glam. In my opinion, MV was a major stylistic breakthrough for T.V.

Besides, does it get any cooler than Crocket, Tubbs, and Lt. Costillo? I don't think so!

Quiero Mota
thumb up Definately one of my favorite cop shows from the 80's.

Dr. Zaius
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
thumb up Definately one of my favorite cop shows from the 80's.

Glad we agree on something.

Quiero Mota
Yeah, Don Johnson was badass in that series. Quite frankly, I thought Nash Bridges sucked. In fact, with the exception of Law & Order, I didn't really like any cop shows from the 90's.

I'm gonna see Miami Vice the movie this weekend. I hope it doesn't suck. I like Jamie Fox a lot and I think Gong Li is fine, but I have a feeling that little fairy Colin Ferrell will ruin it.

Dr. Zaius
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Yeah, Don Johnson was badass in that series. Quite frankly, I thought Nash Bridges sucked. In fact, with the exception of Law & Order, I didn't really like any cop shows from the 90's.

I'm gonna see Miami Vice the movie this weekend. I hope it doesn't suck. I like Jamie Fox a lot and I think Gong Li is fine, but I have a feeling that little fairy Colin Ferrell will ruin it.

Agree. Nash Bridges was awful!

I don't have high hopes for the movie. I'll probably suck it up and go anyway.

Quiero Mota
Ok, I saw it earlier today. It was okay, but definately not one of Michael Mann's best movies. It had some good action sequences, but lacked any deep acting.

And also, the movie had a serious tone/theme, which deviated too much from the comedic theme of the show.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.