Your Senior Years.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ILoveMyDaniel
Yeah I'm a senior this year in High School and school starts August 2nd; this coming Thursday, so I wanted you to tell me what yours were like. Was it your hardest year in HS, easiest year in HS, boring, or no different from any of the other three years?

I've chosen some pretty tough classes (well, tough in my perspective):
~Childcare And Human Development 1
~Childcare And Human Development 2
~English 4 (Required)
~Computer Programming (My 4th and final required math credit, and this counts as a MATH credit because I've chosen not to go to college (yet))
~Anatomy and Physiology
~Psychology

And probably some other things I threw down on the paper when I signed up because I only have two required but I need credits so I chose them because they're the only half interesting classes left. I'll probably fail though.

So...tell me about your senior years.

SelphieT
definetly take psycology, laughing out loud

I'm gonna be a sophmore dude......*shrugs*

Lana
I thought senior year was easy, I'd taken 3 AP classes, but with the exception of one of them, they weren't particularly hard, and the rest of my classes I took, beyond like 2 required ones, were electives.

Mr. Bacon
senior year went so fast and was fairly easy, i hated psych stick out tongue

Scythe
This was me during high school:

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n153/Hyperphase/Vinny.gif

Oh wait, that's not me!

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n153/Hyperphase/hobogoat.png

This is me...

~Da Rev~
Last year was my senior year. Dont get sucked into all this school pride bullshit, its pointless, just be glad you're leaving.

Lana
Originally posted by ~Da Rev~
Last year was my senior year. Dont get sucked into all this school pride bullshit, its pointless, just be glad you're leaving.

My class in high school had the distinction of NEVER winning any spirit competitions big grin

Regulus A Black
Senior year is no different really. Sure now you are the "top dawg" of your school, but for me it was exactly the same. You should enjoy those classes, I took similar ones my Senior Year and took two AP classes which were actually way easy. So just look forward to having one more year at your school, enjoy it because after this year, you're done.

Regulus A Black
Originally posted by Lana
My class in high school had the distinction of NEVER winning any spirit competitions big grin

My class in high school had the distinction of NEVER LOSING any spirit competitions big grin

Lana
Originally posted by Regulus A Black
Senior year is no different really. Sure now you are the "top dawg" of your school, but for me it was exactly the same. You should enjoy those classes, I took similar ones my Senior Year and took two AP classes which were actually way easy. So just look forward to having one more year at your school, enjoy it because after this year, you're done.

Enjoy it? I only enjoyed it because I got to take fun classes and I knew I was getting the **** out of there in June! That, and my friends and I went out of our way to be nuts as much as possible.

My class in high school had the distinction of NEVER LOSING any spirit competitions big grin

Meh, not having school spirit is better in my opinion, it's so stupid stick out tongue

~Da Rev~
My class in high school had the distinction of NEVER winning any spirit competitions big grin Me too. Mostly because i'm jesus to all the kids in school and they do what i tell them.

LethalFemme
High school was great for me I made friends and had some really good teachers.happy

~Da Rev~
High school was pointless.

LethalFemme

And why was that?

Lana
Me too. Mostly because i'm jesus to all the kids in school and they do what i tell them.

Meh, most of us didn't give a damn so long as we could have fun stick out tongue

One of my friends said during our sophomore year "if high school's supposed to be the best years of our lives, then just kill me now".

Impediment
My senior year, in 1998, I was obsessed with the marching band, trying to win All Region Finals that year. STFU, I know.................I know. But we (the Drumline) won, goddamnit.

~Da Rev~
Originally posted by LethalFemme
And why was that? It sucked. Friends are only good outside of school. I only had good times OUTSIDE of school. It sucked otherwise. All my teachers sucked, all my friends were cool, but only when we hung out.

Lana
Originally posted by Impediment
My senior year, in 1998, I was obsessed with the marching band, trying to win All Region Finals that year. STFU, I know.................I know. But we (the Drumline) won, goddamnit.

Marching band w00t

PandoraMomo and I were in marching band, on flags happy

~Da Rev~
Marching band w00t

PandoraMomo and I were in marching band, on flags happy Me too eek!

Drumline cool

Impediment
Marching band w00t

PandoraMomo and I were in marching band, on flags happy

I was section leader of the Quint Toms. I miss those days. stick out tongue

LethalFemme

shock

It sucked. Friends are only good outside of school. I only had good times OUTSIDE of school. It sucked otherwise. All my teachers sucked, all my friends were cool, but only when we hung out.

Oh hell yeah the best were out of school but, I still had good times in school. Did yo get in trouble a lot?

~Da Rev~
shock

Oh hell yeah the best were out of school but, I still had good times in school. Did yo get in trouble a lot? Little bit. Only my senior year, because i didn't give a shit anymore.

LethalFemme
Little bit. Only my senior year, because i didn't give a shit anymore.

Everyone is kinda like that their last year I think. You have the been there done that now let's get the hell out attitude.

RogerRamjet
my high school senior year was about 10 years ago when i was an exchange student in Pennsylvania..was fun, a bit boring in the end but still fun..

~Da Rev~
Everyone is kinda like that their last year I think. You have the been there done that now let's get the hell out attitude. But i am cool either way raver

So, who else was in marching band? eek!

Lana
But i am cool either way raver

Anyone who's cool, of course queen

Flags was a great deal of fun happy

~Da Rev~
Drumline raver

thats where its at yes

RogerRamjet
But i am cool either way raver

i was on the soccer team no expression

~Da Rev~
Originally posted by RogerRamjet
i was on the soccer team no expression Sperts R Ghey

Impediment
Drumline raver

thats where its at yes

What did you play? I was quint toms.

RogerRamjet
Sperts R Ghey

as were those uniforms of the marching band.. laughing out loud

~Da Rev~
What did you play? I was quint toms.

Ours were Pimp raver

~Da Rev~
What did you play? I was quint toms. Do you mean Tenors? Like the 4 and then one shot drum in the middle? Because thats what i played raver

Lana
Originally posted by RogerRamjet
as were those uniforms of the marching band.. laughing out loud

*didn't have to wear an actual band uniform*

big grin

Impediment
Tenors............Toms.............same difference.

~Da Rev~
Tenors............Toms.............same difference. Oh behbeh drool

RogerRamjet

big grin

i remember those uniforms in purple and gold...and when i first saw them marching at home game i thought 'you never gonna get me to wear one of these ever! not for all the whiskey in good Eire' big grin

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by SelphieT
definetly take psycology, laughing out loud

I'm gonna be a sophmore dude......*shrugs*
What's that supposed to mean?! erm
I thought senior year was easy, I'd taken 3 AP classes, but with the exception of one of them, they weren't particularly hard, and the rest of my classes I took, beyond like 2 required ones, were electives.
Yeah I have only two required, Thank God.
Originally posted by Mr. Bacon
senior year went so fast and was fairly easy, i hated psych stick out tongue
Why did you hate psychology?
Yeah, I had the most fun of my life during my Junior year so I hope I can say the same about this year. Doubtful erm.
Yeah I'm glad I've only got one year left....god I can't believe I survived the other 12. stick out tongue

BlackSunshine
I...actually...dropped out my Junior year of High School sad I know, I dont know why I did it. I regret it everyday.

natashia
senior year??
i went twice
moved to louisisana and didn't have enough credits to graduate or the right types so i had to take it over again.
1st time around sucked
second time ruled

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by BlackSunshine
I...actually...dropped out my Junior year of High School sad I know, I dont know why I did it. I regret it everyday.
Quite a few of my friends have. My Mom's sister did as well when she was 14 but recently about 2-3 years ago she completed by mail and is doing pretty good in the trucking business.
Originally posted by natashia
senior year??
i went twice
moved to louisisana and didn't have enough credits to graduate or the right types so i had to take it over again.
1st time around sucked
second time ruled
Wow, that had to suck (taking it twice).

BlackSunshine
Originally posted by ILoveMyDaniel
Quite a few of my friends have. My Mom's sister did as well when she was 14 but recently about 2-3 years ago she completed by mail and is doing pretty good in the trucking business.

Glad I'm not alone. I'm about to take my GED and go to college and major in Radiology.

ILoveMyDaniel
Glad I'm not alone. I'm about to take my GED and go to college and major in Radiology.
Good luck!!! stick out tongue

$noopbert
Yeah I'm a senior this year in High School and school starts August 2nd; this coming Thursday, so I wanted you to tell me what yours were like. Was it your hardest year in HS, easiest year in HS, boring, or no different from any of the other three years?

~English 4 (Required)
~Computer Programming (My 4th and final required math credit, and this counts as a MATH credit because I've chosen not to go to college (yet))
~Anatomy and Physiology
~Psychology

And probably some other things I threw down on the paper when I signed up because I only have two required but I need credits so I chose them because they're the only half interesting classes left. I'll probably fail though.

What the f**k? I'm taking Childcare and Human Development 1 then 2 each semester squentially, and I'm taking Psychology one. laughing out loud w00t

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by $noopbert
What the f**k? I'm taking Childcare and Human Development 1 then 2 each semester squentially, and I'm taking Psychology one. laughing out loud w00t
Neato. I don't think guys here take Childcare/HD (unless I'm mistaken). I think more alone the lines, females take it. I might drag Daniel into it though so we can learn about bebbehs together. smile

BlackSunshine
Good luck!!! stick out tongue

thanks smile

ILoveMyDaniel
thanks smile
No problemo.

SugarBaby

~English 4 (Required)
~Anatomy and Physiology
~Psychology

That ain't too bad. I never took Psychology. I found it to be stupid and a waste of my time. Besides, EVERYONE does Psychology nowadays. I like to be different.

I can't completely remember what my senior year classes were. But they were relatively easy.

I'm just happy I don't start school until January cool

Mišt

big grin

Pfft, marching bands and their uniforms, american high schools are so queer mhm

Seriously...marching bands....crylaugh

My final year was teh piss. I didnt do any homework...ever, didnt study for any tests until the night before, didnt do assignments until the night before....sometimes two weeks after they were due...and still passed all my subjects and still got into uni. I got a final score of like...68/100 or so, without doing the friggin' work. If I even bothered to do homework I could have easily gotten high 80s and above, but I figured...**** it, Im gonna relax, have fun, and enjoy the last year I'll have to spend with everyone I grew up with. And I wouldn't have done it any other way.

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by SugarBaby
That ain't too bad. I never took Psychology. I found it to be stupid and a waste of my time. Besides, EVERYONE does Psychology nowadays. I like to be different.

I can't completely remember what my senior year classes were. But they were relatively easy.

I'm just happy I don't start school until January cool
erm
In college now? What are you going to study?

bigbran
i make my own fun in school.
and i get enough marks to just pass.

teh_c3rb3rus

I'll be a junior starting this year Happy Dance smile

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by bigbran
i make my own fun in school.
and i get enough marks to just pass.
Scary thought. Heheh.
Originally posted by teh_c3rb3rus
I'll be a junior starting this year Happy Dance smile
That was the funnest year for me, ever. droolio Sophomore year was right up that alley as well, but junior year holds a lot of memories for me. I hope senior year goes the same.

bigbran
Scary thought. Heheh.

That was the funnest year for me, ever. droolio Sophomore year was right up that alley as well, but junior year holds a lot of memories for me. I hope senior year goes the same. we usually hit people right in class, behind the teachers back of course.
but i usually end up doing something else in class, and i avoid doing homework.
its so easy because the teachers dont even take in our work, we correct it with a partener and they usually lie, and you get the mark you want.

ILoveMyDaniel
I rarely did homework. Well..I did it the following morning. Hit people? I'm not like that. I don't hit people.

bigbran
im a guy. that should explain a lot.

bigbran
I rarely did homework. Well..I did it the following morning. Hit people? I'm not like that. I don't hit people. the second part of the year, i didnt do my homework.

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by bigbran
the socond part of the year, i didnt do my homework.
I do mostly all of my work.

bigbran
I do mostly all of my work. our f*cking math class gets homework every day, and its long.
and thats not counting the rest of the classes...
even some of the smarter kids arent always done.

Storm
I don' t have one particular year that stood out, but through my 6 years, I' ve had my hands full with the Latin classes.

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by Storm
I don' t have one particular year that stood out, but through my 6 years, I' ve had my hands full with the Latin classes.

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.
We don't have latin over here. erm

Bardock42

~English 4 (Required)
~Anatomy and Physiology
~Psychology

First semester I chose:

English 4 lv. 2
Calculus AP
US History AP
European History AP
Chemistry Hon.
Physics Hon.
Expository Writing (some college prep stuff for stupid foreigners like me stuff)
And the second semester I got lazy and decided that School is a ***** so I changed it to:

Calculus AP
European History AP
US History AP
Physics Hon
English Literature and Composition AP

And I've been the Basketball Manager ...yeah..I'm a loser weep

Damn, I had some good naps during school.

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by Bardock42
First semester I chose:

English 4 lv. 2
Calculus AP
US History AP
European History AP
Chemistry Hon.
Physics Hon.
Expository Writing (some college prep stuff for stupid foreigners like me stuff)
And the second semester I got lazy and decided that School is a ***** so I changed it to:

Calculus AP
European History AP
US History AP
Physics Hon
English Literature and Composition AP

And I've been the Basketball Manager ...yeah..I'm a loser weep

Damn, I had some good naps during school.
That is some hard shit right there.

Bardock42
That is some hard shit right there.

Not really, even when I gave a shit it wasn't that hard....

But Senior Year was fun...thinking back...I am not sure if I felt the way during it. It seems like it went past so fast. I miss my friends...sad

$noopbert
Neato. I don't think guys here take Childcare/HD (unless I'm mistaken). I think more alone the lines, females take it. I might drag Daniel into it though so we can learn about bebbehs together. smile I want a kid. *shrug*

Bardock42
I want a kid. *shrug*

Me too, the last two I got the parents freaked out and wanted them back. Should have told me before I made the salad.

$noopbert
Me too, the last two I got the parents freaked out and wanted them back. Should have told me before I made the salad. ...I want my own kid.

Bardock42
...I want my own kid.

Oh, why didn't you say so right away. Damn, that looks embarassing now.

ILoveMyDaniel
Not really, even when I gave a shit it wasn't that hard....

But Senior Year was fun...thinking back...I am not sure if I felt the way during it. It seems like it went past so fast. I miss my friends...sad
I'll probably be making a lot of visits back to school after I graduate.
I want a kid. *shrug*
Yeah, hopefully it'll be a rewarding class..

Flamboyant4Life
I do all my homework in the morning before school!

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by Flamboyant4Life
I do all my homework in the morning before school!
Me too! Hahaha.

$noopbert
I'll probably be making a lot of visits back to school after I graduate.

Yeah, hopefully it'll be a rewarding class.. Hopefully it'll come in handy. I don't want kids right now.

Originally posted by Flamboyant4Life
I do all my homework in the morning before school! Yeah, I used to do that until Is tarted waking up late.

ILoveMyDaniel
Hopefully it'll come in handy. I don't want kids right now.

Yeah, I used to do that until Is tarted waking up late.
Me either. erm I like babies but I don't like them that much.

$noopbert
Me either. erm I like babies but I don't like them that much. I don't like babies or toddlers or infants or whatever... I just want a kid. The whole schpiel, not a certain part of it. But I'd rather have a wife too because that'd be a pain in the ass to raise alone.

Bardock42
I don't like babies or toddlers or infants or whatever... I just want a kid. The whole schpiel, not a certain part of it. But I'd rather have a wife too because that'd be a pain in the ass to raise alone.

And it would be a damn pain in the ass to give birth to it alone...haha...I'm so funny....what's a schpiel (hehe)?

ILoveMyDaniel
I don't like babies or toddlers or infants or whatever... I just want a kid. The whole schpiel, not a certain part of it. But I'd rather have a wife too because that'd be a pain in the ass to raise alone.
Yeah. I'm not much on kids. I just love babies but not "kids." I have more bad thoughts on them than good but hopefully someday it will change.

Lana
My senior year schedule looked like this:

1st period: Graphic Arts (Semester 1), Visual Arts (Semester 2)
2nd period: AP Calculus
3rd period: Economics (Semester 1), Creative Writing (Semester 2)
4th period: AP Biology
5th period: Sci-Fi/Horror Lit (Semester 1), Modern Dance (Semester 2)
6th period: AP German IV
7th period: Jazz Dance (Semester 1), US Government (Semester 2)

Econ and Gov were requirements (all seniors had to pass US Gov to graduate, and I hadn't taken Econ yet), the Dance classes were because I had to do gym, and Creative Writing and Sci-Fi/Horror Lit were English electives.

The only of those classes I found any hard was AP Calc. But I still passed the AP exam (as well as the other 2), so all is good big grin

ILoveMyDaniel
My senior year schedule looked like this:

1st period: Graphic Arts (Semester 1), Visual Arts (Semester 2)
2nd period: AP Calculus
3rd period: Economics (Semester 1), Creative Writing (Semester 2)
4th period: AP Biology
5th period: Sci-Fi/Horror Lit (Semester 1), Modern Dance (Semester 2)
6th period: AP German IV
7th period: Jazz Dance (Semester 1), US Government (Semester 2)

Econ and Gov were requirements (all seniors had to pass US Gov to graduate, and I hadn't taken Econ yet), the Dance classes were because I had to do gym, and Creative Writing and Sci-Fi/Horror Lit were English electives.

The only of those classes I found any hard was AP Calc. But I still passed the AP exam (as well as the other 2), so all is good big grin
We don't have anything like graphic arts here and the only two languages we could pick from were spanish and french but I definately would've liked german better. And horror/sci-fi literature? That class would be Godly to me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.