Favourite Lightsaber Duel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rampant ox
I searched for a thread like this but I couldnt find one. Sorry if it has been done before. So, what is your favourite duel from the movies? My personal favourite is Count Dooku vs Yoda.

GM Nebaris
Probably Mace vs. Darth Sidious.

Blaxican Hydra
TPM Obi-Wan vs. Maul

Escape81
Maul vs. anyone... (he's one of the cooler lightsaber duelists).

Yoda vs. Sidious.
Yoda vs. Dooku.

Blaxican Hydra
Originally posted by Escape81
Maul vs. anyone... (he's one of the cooler lightsaber duelists).

Word. ?

Motoko Sama
The best saber duel easily is Anakin vs. Obi-Wan. The emotions! The dialogue (as monotone as Hayden may be)! The flash! The pizazz! I'm sure it was suppose to be the best duel of the saga since it was the final movie being made, and IMO, it is.

If I was five years younger, I'd say Darth Maul vs. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, sadly I'm not fifteen anymore; though it was still a good duel.

I don't know about the dueling per se, but Luke's line after he defeats Vader in ROTJ is the best line in Star Wars: "I am a Jedi, like my father before me". Awesome.

Blaxican Hydra
SAKURA! ACK!

And yes, Rots duel with Obi-Wan and Ani is my second favourite...though soem of it went a bit over the top. Liek the part when they both twireld their sabers around for liek ten seconds just to do one slash, which are both parried.

Rampant ox
Originally posted by Blaxican Hydra
though soem of it went a bit over the top. Liek the part when they both twireld their sabers around for liek ten seconds just to do one slash, which are both parried.

I actually really liked that part stick out tongue , but I can see where you are coming from. In somes shots the lava in the background takes away the focus of the actual duelling which really gets on my nerve.

ESB -1138
Anakin vs. Obi-Wan without a doubt. No other duel was as intense as this one. People have waited 20+ years for that single duel. It was also the longest fight scene in movies: 12 minutes or around that.

They were so fast and so cool looking throughout the fight.

Blaxican Hydra
Originally posted by Rampant ox
I actually really liked that part stick out tongue , but I can see where you are coming from. In somes shots the lava in the background takes away the focus of the actual duelling which really gets on my nerve.

It was very cool, great for the eyes to see. But still...

Spartan ll
1.Duel of the Fates
2.Battle of the Heroes
3.Yoda Vs Sidious
4.Mace Vs Sidious

Decay
although its not the flashiest, mine would probably be luke vs vader rotj. especially in the end when luke jumps up and starts forcing fader back, the music is awesome and its probably got more emotion than any other duel in the saga. other than that probably kenobi/jinn vs maul or vader vs obi wan (rots).

anything with dooku looks awesome, but his fight in aotc was more about the people involved rather than the fight itself, and in rots it was pretty short fight so it wouldnt take away from the others later on. sidious and yoda was awesome, but there wasnt much saber fighting after the initial clash.

sidious vs the jedi was cool, but fairly short, not enough to make it a favourite. it was an awesome scene but not an epic fight on the scale of vader and obi wan or maul and jinn.

Rampant ox
Originally posted by Decay
although its not the flashiest, mine would probably be luke vs vader rotj. especially in the end when luke jumps up and starts forcing fader back, the music is awesome and its probably got more emotion than any other duel in the saga. (rots).

I agree 100% with that. Although it is not my favourite, the music there is phenomenal - easily the best in the saga.

Hahaha AMEN!!

Blaxican Hydra
You worry me man, what exactly do you "do" in lee's lair?

Rampant ox
You worry me man, what exactly do you "do" in lee's lair?

Lol. We have tea and scones and talk about how he is the greatest actor in the history of actors of course wink

Blaxican Hydra
Okay thats fine.

But remember Ox, your body is YOUR body, and if you ever feel like someone is invading your personal sace, dont hesitate to call me, or use the pepper spray.

Rampant ox

But remember Ox, your body is YOUR body, and if you ever feel like someone is invading your personal sace, dont hesitate to call me, or use the pepper spray.

cheers

J.M FcThumbs-Up
1. Luke vs Vader(both ESB and ROTJ).

Not one PT duel managed to make me forget the emotional duels(incl. the music) of the OT.
Only Duel of the Fates succeeded ALMOST!

The rest is just awesome, but has no special meaning for me!

GM Nebaris
The thing I don't get is why people think that Hayden was a bad actor. He played his part perfectly imo and is a great actor.

Council#13
I personally liked the Yoda-Sidious fight the most, even though it was far too short. I think there should have been more of that, and a tad bit less force battle.

zephiel7
Originally posted by Decay
although its not the flashiest, mine would probably be luke vs vader rotj. especially in the end when luke jumps up and starts forcing fader back, the music is awesome and its probably got more emotion than any other duel in the saga.(rots).

I totally agree with you. This was always my favourite duel, not flashy but still AWESOME.

What I liked about that scene was the emotion as both father and son vied for dominance over the other. The look of anger and despair on Luke's face was perhaps one of the best done in all of Star Wars, as was the panicked expression on Vader, despite the fact that you could not actually see his face big grin.

The music accentuated this attitude. By far the best scene in Star Wars movies.

After that, the best duel was between the same two people but in Empire Strikes back. Vader was *toying* with Luke, and the viewer could see that. It was SUCH an atmospheric battle. Who could forget the "I am your father" line

Stupid in Force
Yoda vs Dooku like thread starter

It's cool when Yoda is jumping cool

Rampant ox
Originally posted by Stupid in Force
Yoda vs Dooku like thread starter

It's cool when Yoda is jumping cool

rock

Only I like it more for Count Dooku than for Yoda. Nothing can compare to the Counts elegant swirls and debonair attitude.

Mugen
Dooku and Mace duel for me, Mace was awesome, Dooku does what he does best.

SnakeEyes
Dooku and Mace never fought in any of the films...

JaehSkywalker
ani and obi.

and dooku and yoda's the second...

Council#13
rock

Only I like it more for Count Dooku than for Yoda. Nothing can compare to the Counts elegant swirls and debonair attitude.

I prefer Dooku's duel against Anakin and Obi-Wan in ROTS more than his duel with Yoda in AOTC. Dooku, although far older than the two of them put together, managed to fend them both off for a while and even defeated Kenobi.

JaehSkywalker
dmaul and obi + qui the third.. >.<

Blue_Hefner
My favorite would have to be Anakin vs. Dooku.

Akira99
I like Tyranus versus Ani/Obi in ep 3 best as I watch it the most

Tangible God
I'm conflicted between TPM's duel and ESB's.

DarthSidiouss
Guys. I love Star Wars. I love everything thing about it. I watch it every night before I go to bed lol . The best fight is TPM 2-1 Duel of the fates. I like it coz Darth Maul ownss.. as does Obi-Wan. Until the point when Qui-Gon dies the duel is like my fifth favorite. But after that when obi goes sith all over darth mauls arse that part owns. The back front movements, the sequence at the end is amazing. Breathtaking. Duel of the fates takes it but Ani vs Obi isnt far away and neither is Sidious vs. Mace..

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Advent
The best saber duel easily is Anakin vs. Obi-Wan. The emotions! The dialogue (as monotone as Hayden may be)! The flash! The pizazz! I'm sure it was suppose to be the best duel of the saga since it was the final movie being made, and IMO, it is.

If I was five years younger, I'd say Darth Maul vs. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, sadly I'm not fifteen anymore; though it was still a good duel.

I don't know about the dueling per se, but Luke's line after he defeats Vader in ROTJ is the best line in Star Wars: "I am a Jedi, like my father before me". Awesome.

Other than that the Yoda vs. Sidious followed by Yoda vs. Dooku followed by Obiwan vs. Maul. The Maul fight sucked until it was only Obiwan left, and that 2 minute were sweet.

Sith Lord Windu
SAKURA! ACK!

And yes, Rots duel with Obi-Wan and Ani is my second favourite...though soem of it went a bit over the top. Liek the part when they both twireld their sabers around for liek ten seconds just to do one slash, which are both parried.

Anaking proberly tried to overpower obi, and obi-wan was defending, timing is everything, to early or late and he would've killed him.

i reakon that obi-wan vs anakin ROTS was the best, second is the mace vs palp'.

Infinity
I searched for a thread like this but I couldnt find one. Sorry if it has been done before. So, what is your favourite duel from the movies? My personal favourite is Count Dooku vs Yoda.

lol coz its dookus first duel stick out tongue

Rampant ox
Originally posted by Infinity
lol coz its dookus first duel stick out tongue

Hahaha pretty much stick out tongue smokin'

Darth Kreiger
Darth Maul vs Obi/Qui-Gon, IMO it was the only good part of TPM smile

Infinity
lol the pod race owned.

overlord
rock

Huh, you like Dooku? blink

felix111
every single duel in the saga is amazing (excluding ben vs vader i could have made a better duel lol) but my fav would have to be darth V VS luke in ROTJ because its a classic fight and my second would be Yoda vs sidous because you got the 2 best force users at that time beating the crap outta eachother

the newer lightsaber duels are absloutly brilliant but the older 1's are classics which can never be beaten (excluding ben vs vader)

Infinity
the best of all is ep1's duel. the last 2-3 mins of the duel are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.. guys have u ever watched it in slow motion. i've practically memorized the sequence when i play with my couzin. it owns.. so pefectly executed. so well performed. Obi vs Maul owned every duel in the saga. Runner up is ep3 duel of Ani vs. Obi.. but their duel is much of the same stuff over and over again.. and they take their time when they can just kill their oponent.. like when they both twirl their sabers.. i admit its super awesome... but c'mon they waste 3 seconds when obi's blade could've sliced that fker ani's head smile also the ep5 n 6 duels are amazing. classic. the ep3 ani.obi vs. dooku is amazing also, the moves and steps and choreography is amazing.

Akira99
Yeah I watched ep 1 duel in slow motion and it was VERY well done. Definetly best fight in saga.
Ep 3 Obi+AnivsDooku was also very well-done. I used to watch that fight ALL the time cuz it was so amazing to watch. I remember when I first saw it in cinema - I was going to die of anticipation and have a heart attack - the adrenaline feeling you get when you are about to take-off in a plane! I still feel it now actually slightly

Darth Martin
1. Duel of the Fates TPM
2. Darth Vader vs Luke TESB
3. Mace Windu vs Palpatine ROTS
4. Ben Kenobi vs Darth Vader ANH
5. Obi Wan Kenobi vs Darth Vader ROTS
6. Yoda vs Palpatine ROTS
7. Darth Tyranus vs Anakin and Obi Wan AOTC
8. Darth Vader vs Luke ROTJ
9. Count Dooku vs Yoda AOTC
10. Count Dooku vs Anakin and Obi Wan ROTS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.