Who Wants To Be A Superhero

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

newjak86
Don't know how many people know about this or watched the first episode last night on the SCI-FI channel. Hopefully I'm not the only one and other people would like to talk about this show.

For those of you who don't know anything about it here you go:
http://www.scifi.com/superhero/

Anyways I hope this thread does pretty well.

FG725
Originally posted by newjak86
Don't know how many people know about this or watched the first episode last night on the SCI-FI channel. Hopefully I'm not the only one and other people would like to talk about this show.

For those of you who don't know anything about it here you go:
http://www.scifi.com/superhero/

Anyways I hope this thread does pretty well.
I saw commercials for it awhile back looks awesome is it airing yet?

newjak86
Originally posted by FG725
I saw commercials for it awhile back looks awesome is it airing yet? The first epsiode aired last night and it was actually pretty good

Blair Wind
shifty I wanna be one....now I just need a cool green ring, or some super super super speed....or build a really cool armour......

damn technological set backs....sad

H. S. 6
I watched it last night.

It actually seems to be a very original idea (unlike half of the rest of the crap on TV).

newjak86
Originally posted by Blair Wind
shifty I wanna be one....now I just need a cool green ring, or some super super super speed....or build a really cool armour......

damn technological set backs....sad Its ok Blair Wind just look at the site all you need is doughnuts

newjak86
Originally posted by H. S. 6
I watched it last night.

It actually seems to be a very original idea (unlike half of the rest of the crap on TV). I was actually quite surprised I thought it was pretty good.

I mean from the commercials I just thought it was going to be a set of stupid games. When they did that contest about changing into costumes the fastest I thought my worst fears had come true but it with the twist it really impressed me how the show was handled and what they are trying to do.

Blair Wind
what ARE they tryin to do? confused

(I personally like feedbacks powers *just went through the heroes)

newjak86
Originally posted by Blair Wind
what ARE they tryin to do? confused

(I personally like feedbacks powers *just went through the heroes) Well they are trying to pick the winner based solely on their ability to act like good people.

Basically whoever shows Superhero Virtues the best wins and every week someone is eliminated by Stan Lee for not acting like a true hero

DigiMark007
I made a thread about this a few months back in the comic movies forum. It was largely ignored. sad Hopefully this does better.

When's the show on, since I might want to watch??

And the winner gets their own comic run written by Stan...so yeah, as dorky as it is, I wouldn't mind being on the show. cool

H. S. 6
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I made a thread about this a few months back in the comic movies forum. It was largely ignored. sad Hopefully this does better.

When's the show on, since I might want to watch??

And the winner gets their own comic run written by Stan...so yeah, as dorky as it is, I wouldn't mind being on the show. cool

Thursdays on Sci-Fi, 9:00 PM Eastern times

Oh, and not only do they get a comic based on the character, but also an original Sci-Fi movie. That's pretty damn cool.

newjak86
Its airs Thursday at 9 Eatern Standard time on the SCI-FI channel. I don't know when the re runs will air ut yeah I was really impressed with how they handled the dorky concept for the first show.

Blair Wind
annnnnd how was that? man I live in a dorm with no TV.......this sucks sad

FG725
Fat momma's song was badass

H. S. 6
Originally posted by FG725
Fat momma's song was badass

Hell yes. laughing out loud

newjak86
Yeah Fat Mamma is funny in general.

Soleran
Everyone on that show needs to be shot...............seriously it's so lame I cannot even laugh. Aquateen Hunger Force carries the lame Super Power team and Minority Team. The Reality show lacks to muchsad

newjak86
I wanted to bump this thread a day before it comes on to let everyone know it is going to be on tomorrow on te Scf-Fi channel at 9:00 pm Eastern Standard Time

Validus
It was actually good? I watched the opening where they laid out the premise and immediately cut off the TV.

Skeets
Originally posted by Validus
It was actually good? I watched the opening where they laid out the premise and immediately cut off the TV.
laughing out loudI was watching best week ever and they where showing clips I was gonna cry...

newjak86
It was actually good? I watched the opening where they laid out the premise and immediately cut off the TV. It wasn't half bad way better than most Reality shows especially the way they handled the concept. I thought they were going to turn it into a cooky comedy thing but they did it in a very mature way I was actually quite pleased with it.

batdude123
It's was pretty good. erm

Soleran
Originally posted by Skeets
laughing out loudI was watching best week ever and they where showing clips I was gonna cry...

I hope not from laughter or enjoyment.

Metalmanx
Feedback definitely has the coolest powers.

long pig
While watching it I thought it was the dumbest thing I've ever seen, but I couldn't help but to think up a character for myself.

It's pretty stupid, but I somehow liked it.

newjak86
Ok then all I got to see was the ending last night because I had to work. Can anyone tell me what happened??????

batdude123
Cell phone girl- eliminated
*Iron Enforcer- elminated

*But, Stan Lee used him to be the shows "super villain" because he thought the Iron Enforcer would be a lousy super hero. So, now he's called the "Dark Enforcer" and he's a villain. erm

newjak86
Why did Cell-phone girl get eliminated

BlaqChaos

Bocaj
They had a contest where they had to reach a back door to let an old lady in but it's guarded by two dogs and the people give up by saying uncle and the dogs back away The three put up then were the Iron enforcer *gave up seven inches away from the door when he only needed to touch it* Cell Phone girl*gave up in four seconds quickest time and complained because it was a headache erm * and Creature *She was laughing the entire time like and idiot* Cell phone girl=Eliminated.
Next everyone gets costume upgrades second to get it is T'Vecules(Spelling) his is cheesy looking and he knows it but lies to Stand lee in his face saying "My dream has come true, I am a superhero I am T'Vecules" erm He comes out and is made fun of for his headgear which now resembles that of Marvin the Martian. It's a big feathery thing. Feedback says:Well Ty'vecules you're Stan Lee's biggest fan!Ty'Vecules: What you dont like it?
They all get their costumes and then the iron enforcer is last but stan claims
Stan: Something is missing.

Also not very important: They all write notes to Stan signed anonymously the notes are questions for other teammates here are some
"Creature don't you ever wash your hair?"
"Major Victory do you think a male stripper is a good role model for kids"
"Iron Enforcer aren't steroids illegal?"
(Something along those lines)

Anyway Ty'Vecules talks to stan telling him he can't stand the suit now so he gets his old one

final elimination of the night
called forward
Feedback,Iron enforcer, Ty'Vecules
reasons:
Ty'vecules:lying about the suit

Iron Enforcer: messed up on both challenges. Is disliked by most of the heroes. Something isn't right about his suit.

Eliminated:Iron Enforcer

As he walks away outside a TV turns on with stan Lee on it. "I told u something wasnt right about your suit. You would be better as a supervillain howabout making your teammates lives more tough?" "I'd love it" Gets his new outfit has a mask cape all dark now.
For more just watch the episode when it reruns

newjak86
Thanks man

Bocaj
anyone catch it thursday? I thought it was pretty decent and fat momma has gone bad shock

ankur29
can we be anti heroes?

Bocaj
Originally posted by ankur29
can we be anti heroes?
It's a TV show erm

newjak86
Originally posted by Bocaj
anyone catch it thursday? I thought it was pretty decent and fat momma has gone bad shock Yeah it was pretty good.

Although I think Tyveculus should have stayed he is one of my favorites along with Major Victory.

Bocaj
Yeah it was pretty good.

Although I think Tyveculus should have stayed he is one of my favorites along with Major Victory.
Yeah I wanted Luminarous(Don't remember her name the lightning chick) to get kicked off erm the only reason she said she would want to be the one to leave was because everyone else was saying it. But Ty'vecules was cool. Creature would've been another I'd want off she's just weird. I didn't like the final challenge Stan gave them though sure self sacrifice would've been for a hero in a life and death situation but you know they all wanted to be on that show badly and to get their own comic who wouldn't I guarantee you half of them lied and if someone else had gone first they wouldn't have said they would like to be taken off

batdude123
Yeah it was pretty good.

Yeah, MV is cool. It was cool to see Monkey Woman leave. I hated that broad!!!

newjak86
Originally posted by Bocaj
Yeah I wanted Luminarous(Don't remember her name the lightning chick) to get kicked off erm the only reason she said she would want to be the one to leave was because everyone else was saying it. But Ty'vecules was cool. Creature would've been another I'd want off she's just weird. I didn't like the final challenge Stan gave them though sure self sacrifice would've been for a hero in a life and death situation but you know they all wanted to be on that show badly and to get their own comic who wouldn't I guarantee you half of them lied and if someone else had gone first they wouldn't have said they would like to be taken off Yeah I wish that girl had gone too.

Monkey Woman was terrible.

Anyways

out of the guys left I want Major Victory to win.

The other ones I don't like at all really although Big Momma is funny

H. S. 6
I thought it was pretty ironic how Stan was talking about the secret identities of superheroes (how they're so important.) He brought of Clark Kent... and Peter Parker. stick out tongue

Validus
Originally posted by H. S. 6
I thought it was pretty ironic how Stan was talking about the secret identities of superheroes (how they're so important.) He brought of Clark Kent... and Peter Parker. stick out tongue
Maybe he meant Ultimate Peter Parker. laughing out loud

H. S. 6
Maybe he meant Ultimate Peter Parker. laughing out loud

And exactly how many people don't know who Ultimate Spidey is? stick out tongue

Bocaj
Yeah I wish that girl had gone too.

Monkey Woman was terrible.

Anyways

out of the guys left I want Major Victory to win.

The other ones I don't like at all really although Big Momma is funny
Feedback is decent erm gosh we have what two episodes left now maybe they'll make it one person leaves an episode later

newjak86
Yeah they proaby will because it is gonna be hard to make 5 more episodes work if they keep eliminating two a week

NoFate007
Out of the ones that are left, here are my opinions:

Creature - She has to be a little demon in the sack, lol. Shouldn't win the competition though.

Fat Momma - Shouldn't have even been there in the first place. The gag is only marginally funny the first time and then it falls flat. She never really accomplishes anything either.

Major Victory - The only guy so far to successfully complete every challenge as he was supposed to, minus the identity one. He's got a good shot at winning.

Feedback - Same thing, but replace the identity challenge with the screaming little girl.

Lemuria - She's not too impressive, but she has the best chance of winning out of the women.

Monkey Woman was attractive. They should've kept her on and replaced Fat Momma haha.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.