How do you know yor actually alive?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Kreiger
Even with Death, there is no way to know

DeVi| D0do
If I wasn't alive I wouldn't be able to question whether I was alive or not...

Great Vengeance
What is your definition, of 'alive' ?

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Darth Kreiger
Even with Death, there is no way to know

What the f**k? You gotta be kidding.

*requests closing of the thread*

Bardock42
I agree, we can absolutely not be sure. And you know when it gets even weirder, if you take into account that Religions might be true. Maybe we are long dead and now in heaven or hell or something still thinking we were alive. Or we are just a program experiencing itself while running. Or...or...or. A lot of things and we can never be sure.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Bardock42
I agree, we can absolutely not be sure. And you know when it gets even weirder, if you take into account that Religions might be true. Maybe we are long dead and now in heaven or hell or something still thinking we were alive. Or we are just a program experiencing itself while running. Or...or...or. A lot of things and we can never be sure.

Yeah right.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Yeah right.

Is that a "Yeah right" of approval or a "Yeah right." of "Just...shut it you idiot."?

Quiero Mota
Is that a "Yeah right" of approval or a "Yeah right." of "Just...shut it you idiot."?

The second one. That's just crazy and you sound like you're high, ese.

Bardock42
The second one. That's just crazy and you sound like you're high, ese.

Maybe I am, maybe I am.

But it is true though, how can we be sure? I mean I seem to think that I am alive, but is that alone proof enough? I don't think so.

Quiero Mota
Maybe I am, maybe I am.

But it is true though, how can we be sure? I mean I seem to think that I am alive, but is that alone proof enough? I don't think so.

Take a knife and stab yourself anywhere. If you bleed and it hurts like shit, then I think that's ample proof of life.

Bardock42
Take a knife and stab yourself anywhere. If you bleed and it hurts like shit, then I think that's ample proof of life.

Not really though.

It might convince me even more that I am actually alive, but it doesn't prove it.

Quiero Mota
Not really though.

It might convince me even more that I am actually alive, but it doesn't prove it.

Ok, now you're just being dumb...

Bardock42
Ok, now you're just being dumb...

Well, I don't let those thoughts affect my daily life, but it is kind of true that we can hardly be sure of anything.

Quiero Mota
Well, I don't let those thoughts affect my daily life, but it is kind of true that we can hardly be sure of anything.

I think that its dumb to deny that we aren't of a physical existance, or to beleive we are all in a perpetual Dreamland.

Quiero Mota
Maybe I am, maybe I am.

Weed or acid? It's gotta be one of the two.

Bardock42
I think that its dumb to deny that we aren't of a physical existance, or to beleive we are all in a perpetual Dreamland.

Oh I don't believe it, I just can't rule out the possibility. And to live that way might actually be very dumb, that is true.

Weed or acid? It's gotta be one of the two.
Well, i didn't do Acid, yet, so I doubt that's it.

Quiero Mota
Well, i didn't do Acid, yet, so I doubt that's it.

You should try it, homes. It puts shrooms to shame. smokin'

Bardock42
You should try it, homes. It puts shrooms to shame. smokin'

Will do. Will do.

Then again I don't enjoy drugs much in general.

lord xyz
Here's a reminder of living things. (You need all 7 to be alive.)

Movement
Reproduction
Sensetivity
Nutrition
Excretion
Respiration
Growth

Now all humans have that so there. And there is no fate and we are all ourselves and in control of our own lives. Other-wise, how could we question it?

Bardock42
Originally posted by lord xyz
Here's a reminder of living things. (You need all 7 to be alive.)

Movement
Reproduction
Sensetivity
Nutrition
Excretion
Respiration
Growth

Now all humans have that so there. And there is no fate and we are all ourselves and in control of our own lives. Other-wise, how could we question it?

Do we really question it though?

lord xyz
Do we really question it though? Well, if you're looking for an answer, yes.

Bardock42
Well, if you're looking for an answer, yes.

Do you know ...100%...for fact...that we do?

lord xyz
Do you know ...100%...for fact...that we do? hmm No, I don't think we do. But our sub-conscious is doing our thoughts most of the time.

Bardock42
hmm No, I don't think we do. But our sub-conscious is doing our thoughts most of the time.

Do you really know....100%...for fact...that our "sub-concius" is doing our thoughts?

lord xyz
Do you really know....100%...for fact...that our "sub-concius" is doing our thoughts? No. How silly of me. It's some demon controlling me so I don't suspect anything. no expression

Bardock42
No. How silly of me. It's some demon controlling me so I don't suspect anything. no expression
Do you really know....100%...for fact...that it's some demon controlling you?

lord xyz
Do you really know....100%...for fact...that it's some demon controlling you? What's the point you're trying to make here? That people don't know who makes their decisions for them?

cking
how do I know that I'm actually alive? well if I'm breathing, sleeping, and craping then I know I must be alive. cool

lord xyz
Originally posted by cking
how do I know that I'm actually alive? well if I'm breathing, sleeping, and craping then I know I must be alive. cool Or you could be a figment of your own imagination or something. laughing out loud

cking
yes I'm a imaginary character that was created by a mad scientist 10,000 years ago. geek nothing I do is real, it all in my head. huh

Bardock42
Originally posted by cking
yes I'm a imaginary character that was created by a mad scientist 10,000 years ago. geek nothing I do is real, it all in my head. huh

Could be.Originally posted by cking
how do I know that I'm actually alive? well if I'm breathing, sleeping, and craping then I know I must be alive. cool

You seem to maybe think that you maybe do that....

What's the point you're trying to make here? That people don't know who makes their decisions for them?

That people basically don't know shit....we can't be sure of anything...not even that we exist.

Great Vengeance
Regardless of whether or not what your seeing is true reality or not, you perceive 'something' and that is proof that you exist.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
Regardless of whether or not what your seeing is true reality or not, you perceive 'something' and that is proof that you exist.

But do you actually perceive something?

DeVi| D0do
Life is consciousness... if you can question things or imagine things you are conscious. Therefore you are alive. How would I know if I were dead? If I had no ability to ask myself that question...

Great Vengeance
But do you actually perceive something?

Yes. Look at your computer screen, and your perceiving something.

Storm
You just know. You don' t have to do anything or say anything or prove anything or alter your behavior or surrender or confess anything to 'be' alive. It' s effortless. If you tried to do things in order to 'make' yourself alive or prove yourself alive or keep yourself alive moment by moment, you' d fail miserably, or else fall victim to some type of compulsion or mental disorder.

- Aldous Huxley -

Bardock42
Originally posted by Storm
You just know. You don' t have to do anything or say anything or prove anything or alter your behavior or surrender or confess anything to 'be' alive. It' s effortless. If you tried to do things in order to 'make' yourself alive or prove yourself alive or keep yourself alive moment by moment, you' d fail miserably, or else fall victim to some type of compulsion or mental disorder.

- Aldous Huxley - Good old Huxley is a ol' Mr. Smarty Pants....i agree...well, you have the feeling of knowing..you jsut can never prove it.

rooobarbcustard

Does this really need to be answered? If we weren't alive, let me stab you with a pitchfork.

Then you'll see how alive you really are. wink

Shakyamunison
Life is a mystery. I am alive, but I cannot prove it directly. What is life? If I gave you a carbon atom from a person and one from a rock, could you tell witch one was from the person? If we are alive, where is that life stored? You can't find it no matter were you look.

debbiejo
Do you really know....100%...for fact...that it's some demon controlling you? laughing out loud laughing out loud

Now I understand....

I'm just an illusion aren't I??sadangel

FoxMeister
The Matrix Trilogy must be consulted. I think that thinkin about this stuff is screwin with my mind. I would like to think that there was more than just life and death. The question has an answer but mbye we are not meant to know.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.